PowerBuilder Crashes when trying to access data window data source

Hi there,
I installed powerbuilder on a new computer and now it
crashes when I open a data window and then try to access the
data source (SQL).  It bombs out completely with no error
message.

The version of powerbuilder is8.0 and it worked fine on the
previous computer.

I have regenerated the data window, exported and imported
the data window etc but nothing seems to fix the problem.

The problem also occurs if I make a new data window.

I can access the database (oracle) in the database painter
fine.

Anyone any idea what is going on ?

Thanks

Hugh

> I installed powerbuilder on a new computer and now it
> crashes when I open a data window and then try to access the
> data source (SQL).  It bombs out completely with no error
> message.

Try to delete the following registry key :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\Powerbuilder\8.0\Layout\Default

Funky layout are known to cause GPF.

bye.
--
Real Gagnon  from  Quebec, Canada
* Looking for Java or PB code examples ? Visit Real's How-to