PowerBuilder Crashes on Datawindow Preview

All,

We are running into a problem of PB crashing when any dw is
opened due to the preview pane being available. We are
running PB 10.2.1 Build 9914. The applications run fine in
runtime. Only in dev preview do we see the problem.

Is there a known resolution to this? Does it have to do with
printer drivers? Is there a way to remove the preview pane
without opening a datawindow?

We've run into this problem before, about a year ago, and
had to wipe the box and re-install from scratch since an
uninstall and re-install did not work. Any other ideas? Many
thanks.
0
Matt

I think we've found a solution after searching google
groups...

"Delete the entry for DataWindow under the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.X\Layout\Default

PB will rebuild it automatically."

We did this and the problem disappeared. Many thanks!
0
Matt
7/25/2007 3:03:31 PM
Matt wrote:
> I think we've found a solution after searching google
> groups...
>
> "Delete the entry for DataWindow under the registry key
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.X\Layout\Default
>
> PB will rebuild it automatically."
>
> We did this and the problem disappeared. Many thanks!

Its annoying though, if the problem is easily fixed via removing this
entry then surely the source of the problem wouldn't be too hard to find
and fix???
0
Adam
7/25/2007 10:49:38 PM
I reported  problem like this with 10.5 after I closed a floating dw painter
with the "X" on the floating box.  The fix was the same.  More recent builds
eliminated the ability to close an undocked datawindow painter.

"Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" <adam.simmonds@remove.exemail.com.au> wrote in
message news:46a7d382$1@forums-1-dub...
> Matt wrote:
>> I think we've found a solution after searching google
>> groups...
>>
>> "Delete the entry for DataWindow under the registry key
>> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.X\Layout\Default
>>
>> PB will rebuild it automatically."
>>
>> We did this and the problem disappeared. Many thanks!
>
> Its annoying though, if the problem is easily fixed via removing this
> entry then surely the source of the problem wouldn't be too hard to find
> and fix???

0
Glenn
8/9/2007 5:28:59 AM
Sorry mispost - problems using outlook express - this was supposed to be a
reply to another thread

"Glenn Barber" <gabarber@graymatterllc.com> wrote in message
> I reported  problem like this with 10.5 after I closed a floating dw
painter
> with the "X" on the floating box.  The fix was the same.  More recent
builds
> eliminated the ability to close an undocked datawindow painter.
>
> "Adam Simmonds [TeamSybase]" <adam.simmonds@remove.exemail.com.au> wrote
in
> message news:46a7d382$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Matt wrote:
> >> I think we've found a solution after searching google
> >> groups...
> >>
> >> "Delete the entry for DataWindow under the registry key
> >> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.X\Layout\Default
> >>
> >> PB will rebuild it automatically."
> >>
> >> We did this and the problem disappeared. Many thanks!
> >
> > Its annoying though, if the problem is easily fixed via removing this
> > entry then surely the source of the problem wouldn't be too hard to find
> > and fix???

0
Glenn

DataWindows crash PowerBuilder executables
I'm using PowerBuilder 7.0.3 Build 10047. Are there any .DLL's beside the PBVMxx7.dll that I need in order to use DataWindows? Whenever I try to compile and run an application that has a DataWindow the application will crash right when that DataWindow is being loaded. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you PBDWE70.dll and a few others. See techdoc http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47953 for deployment instructions. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguid...

Opening a datawindow crashes PowerBuilder
At work we have about 5 different developers that experienced a problem when opening any datawindow from the PowerBuilder painter. PB crashes and halts altogether. Funny thing is their PowerBuilder was working fine the day before. My PowerBuilder still is working fine and some other developers have not experienced the problem. All of the affected PowerBuilder programs are on separate pc's and the developers work on different PowerBuilder projects. That makes the mystery even more confusing. The error is a pb70.exe - "Application Error" with the error being "Th...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle You need to post this in a PowerBuilder related section. This is the DataWindow.Net section. <Joelle> wrote in message news:4339b8bf.521c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open > menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on > the datawindow and select Edit Sourc...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows.
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle Remove the Layout/DataWindow key from the HKCU/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/<version> key in the registry. On 27 Sep 2005 14:29:30 -0700, Joelle wrote: >Hi, >when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open >menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on >the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Powerbuilder crashes when opening or creating datawindow
Powerbuilder crashes when I try to open or create a new datawindow in Pb9.0 I get this error AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbdev90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.5507 Offset: 0002d23c Please help! Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default] "Datawindow"="" PB will automatically recreate it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <kith> wrote in mes...

Datawindow Open Causes Powerbuilder Crash
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3. It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? PS I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade. Thanks, Larry Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default] PB will rebuild it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 datawindow causes crash
I need help figuring out how to fix a datawindow that keeps crashing. This is in Power Builder version 6.5.1 retrieving data from a SQL database using a stored procedure. The datawindow has the detail hidden and several summary fields in the headers, main, group 2, and group 1. I have found that if I don't hide the detail records the datawindow doesn't cause a crash. I have applied the maintenance patch for this version. If my rusty memory serves, build 1299 of 6.5.1 was quite stable. Can you be specific about the symptoms of the crash? By "hide" do you mean se...

Powerbuilder closing (crashing?) upon opening a datawindow
I've been trying to open/edit a particular datawindow with a single retrieval argument being passed to it, but every time I attempt to open it, Powerbuilder will prompt for the value of the argument, but regardless of entering a value and clicking ok or just cancel, Powerbuilder immediately closes. It may be a crash, but I do not receive an error message upon Powerbuilder closing and nothing is logged in event viewer. It is the only datawindow causing the problem that I've found to this point. Stranger still, the datawindow can be seen from a parent window displaying it with...

Datawindow open causes powerbuilder crash in windows 2000
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.2. build 8025 It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I got this message : L'instruction � 0x77fca2bf emploie l'adresse m�moire 0xcc5d8754. La m�moire ne peut �tre "written". I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layo...

PowerBuilder crashes!
Hello We have been using PowerBuilder 5.x (currently 5.0.02) for in-house application development for a year and a half now and it has gone pretty well. Until two days ago. The machine is a Pentium 166 with 64Meg of ram and plenty of disk space. OS is Wndows NT 4.0 with SP3 I am now unable to declare functions to windows or non-visual user objects. I can select the access type (private, public, etc), the return type; I can enter a argument name (asv_something) but as soon as I press tab or click anywhere outside of the argument edit control, Dr Watson comes up and PowerBuild...

Powerbuilder Crashes
PowerBuilder 7.0.03 (build 10009) Crashes on preview in the datawindow painter and at run-time if you have a tabular grouped datawindow with a detail height of 0. To reproduce this problem: 1. Create a tabular external datawindow with one column of type string. 2. Create a group on the column. 3. Move the column object into the group trailer band. 4. Size the detail band to a height of 4. 5. Insert two rows of data. Doesn't matter which values, just make sure they're different. 6. Close the preview pane and re-preview it. Works fine. 7. Save the datawindow. 8. Size t...

powerbuilder crashes
has anyone experienced more crashes, and corruption of working objects than usual after installing multilingual input support to MS internet explorer? I am running NT 4 SP6 with MS internet explorer.5. I don't know whether it is co-incidental or the mullet-lingual support that is running all the time in the system tray causing problem. I tried to reduce problem with frequent regeneration of objects, optimization of after so many saves and changes libraries. I used to be able to get away with optimization once every two or three days. Now I have to do it more than twice a da...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder Crashes on Datawindow Preview - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles