PowerBuilder application run once

Hi everybody!

I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once..

Thanks

eSistemex
Sistemas y Consultores de M=E9xico S.C.
www.esistemex.com
0
Lucio_Sanchez

What�s  your environment ?  PB and DB version, error message, etc...

<Lucio_Sanchez> escreveu na mensagem
Hi everybody!

I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once..

Thanks

eSistemex
Sistemas y Consultores de M�xico S.C.
www.esistemex.com

0
Sannon
9/3/2001 5:01:45 PM
This shouls help.

http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0064.html

/ck

<Lucio_Sanchez> wrote in message
Hi everybody!

I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once..

Thanks

eSistemex
Sistemas y Consultores de M�xico S.C.
www.esistemex.com

0
Chris
9/3/2001 6:12:16 PM
I ready again your message and understood what you neet...

See if it works for you. It returns true if already running and false if
not. It allows you to run within PB if an .exe copy is running.

External Functions:
Function ulong CreateMutexA(ulong lpMutexAttributes, &
                       int bInitialOwner, ref string lpName) Library
"kernel32.dll"
Function ulong GetLastError() Library "kernel32.dll"

Function:  (no args, returns boolean)

Application la_app
Ulong lul_mutex, lul_error
String ls_mutexname
Boolean lb_prev

// get application
la_app = GetApplication()

// check if prev instance
If Handle(la_app, False) = 0 Then
   // running Powerbuilder environment
   lb_prev = False
Else
   // running executable
   ls_mutexname = la_app.AppName
   lul_mutex = CreateMutexA(0, 0, ls_mutexname)
   lul_error = GetLastError()
   If lul_error = 183 Then
      lb_prev = True
   Else
      lb_prev = False
   End If
End If

Return lb_prev

<Lucio_Sanchez> escreveu na mensagem
Hi everybody!

I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once..

Thanks

eSistemex
Sistemas y Consultores de M�xico S.C.
www.esistemex.com

0
Sannon
9/3/2001 6:16:15 PM
I am working with Win 98, 95, PB 7.0.3, ASE 12.0. There are no error=20
messages... I only need to validate that a PB exe is not running more than =

once in the same machine

Thanks

Lucio S=E1nchez
eSistemex
www.esistemex.com
0
Lucio_Sanchez
9/3/2001 6:22:38 PM
It works fine....!

Lucio_Sanchez
9/3/2001 7:26:54 PM
It works fine...

Thank you
0
Lucio_Sanchez

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Running application on powerbuilder start up
Hey people, Just wandering if it was possible to run a powerbuilder application from the dev environment straight on load up, instead of first specifying the workspace and then running the application. You see , what we want is to simulate the running of a compiled application exe, without actually creating one. Would part of the solution be to configure the pb.ini file??... According to the online books, there is no command- line option to run the application. You can specify your workspace and target, but you can't run. http://manuals.sybase.com/onlineb...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Running application from Powerbuilder locks up all PBLs
Hi, Here's a strange problem. When I run the PB application by clicking the Run icon and choose to run some reports that take a long time to run, it locks up all PBL's of the application. Meaning if I have any object open, it won't let me save, but give an error saying that unable to open the particular PBL. Any ideas?? Pls. Help. Thanks, Srimathi Srinivasan In article <36680563.465CCF14@covantage.com>, srimathi.srinivasan@covantage.com says... > Hi, > Here's a strange problem. When I run the PB application by clicking > the Run icon and c...

Running DB Remote from PowerBuilder application
Hi , Is there a way to check the success of the Dbremote, when i rum it from powerbuilder. Thanks in advance. Kumar Answered already. See your previous post in sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general. PS : Please don't cross post. -- Reg Domaratzki iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000 http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000 "Kumar" <Spamoff_malyala_a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Z#UH2G$w$GA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Hi , > Is there a way to check the success of the Db...

How to run a Powerbuilder Application as a sevice in XP
Hi how can i run a powerbuilder applications as a service in a XP. Thank you bhu Rather than reinvent a rather complex wheel, consider using http://www.ecrane.com/pbservice1.htm. /ck <bhu> wrote in message news:410ab85b.5d85.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi > how can i run a powerbuilder applications as a service in a > XP. > Thank you > bhu ...

How to run internert explorer from a powerbuilder application
I want to run internet explorer from a powerbuilder application without writing the path of the internet explorer, and turn a one web page that I want. Would you please tell me how to reach it? Sincerely, Fang Jing fangjing@telekbird.com.cn Hi, if you want to open HTML page, this could be helpful. (But sometimes it may open Netscape instead of MSIE :-)) **** declaration**** Function ulong ShellExecuteA (ulong handle, string verb, string file, string param, string dir, integer show) library "SHELL32.DLL" **** end_of_declaration**** ***usage_in_m...

how to run my created powerbuilder application on another machine
Hi, I just created my application, it uses a local obdc connection, which i can also create the same profile on the other machine, i just dont know how i can run that same application on the other machine, since it requires that on the shortcut to the application it start in sybase/shared/powerbuilder?? Is there any way i can get around this, just to demonstrate the application on the other machine. Open the help files and search for deployment. There is an installation guide in the online books that goes thru all the things you need to deploy including the PowerBuilder runtim...

GPF's when running application from PowerBuilder
I am running 5.0.02 32bit. One of my windows has a problem in that when I run from powerBuilder (development only), I get the following error after exiting from this window. I have made sure that all objects that I am creating are getting destroyed appropriatly. I also have made sure that I turn shareDataOff before exiting the window. PB050 caused an invalid page fault in module PBRTE050.DLL at 0137:10b16f2d. Registers: EAX=0041059c CS=0137 EIP=10b16f2d EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00c1ed20 SS=013f ESP=0063f9d4 EBP=0046cfd0 ECX=00000000 DS=013f ESI=004106dc FS=2cdf EDX=004f97ec ES=0...

How to make only one powerbuilder application instance running ?
I have a question here: For some reasons, we just want only one powerbuilder application instance running. I don't want to use windows API FindWindowA(...), because there might be a lot of window tities. Is there a way to get application Id or something like that? Plase help, Thanks, Tony How about trying to connect with DDE? If it fails, you know there is no other instance running. <Tony> wrote in message news:3faa8422.1d14.846930886@sybase.com... > I have a question here: For some reasons, we just want only > one powerbuilder application instance running. I do...

PowerBuilder 10 applications run on windows 98?
PowerBuilder 10 applications run on windows 98? No. Please review several existing threads on this subject for the reasons why. On 15 Nov 2004 17:29:51 -0800, oeb@intelnett.com wrote: >PowerBuilder 10 applications run on windows 98? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups Need code sample? Check out CodeXchange: http://www.codexchange.sybase.com Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. -...

Appeon Application running without PowerBuilder on the server
Hi, I have a PowerBuilder application. On my workstation, with Power Builder installed, I generated an Appeon application. I would put my Appeon application on a server which don't have Power Builder installed, only EAServer. Is it possible ? Thanks Yes - it will use the PBVM that's deployed to EAServer. You don't need to install the full PowerBuilder IDE on the server. Paul Horan[Sybase] <ferrarojulien@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ceff65d1-9cda-4b88-881c-38fd1b92624c@25g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I have a PowerBuilder app...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder application run once - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles