Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval

When I used SQLNET v1.x with Powerbuilder v4.x, I was able to stop a
datawindow retrieve in my apps with a key combination of <CTRL>-<C>.  This
was a very nice feature to have, especially, with a datawindow retrieval
lasting several
minutes.

With Powerbuilder v5.0.0.3 and SQLNET v2.0, the <CTRL>-<C> feature does not
work.  Powersoft tech support says that Oracle SQLNET v2.0 does not support
this feature.  But, SQLNET v2.0 documentation says that it does support this
feature.  I tested this successfully via SQLPLUS.

I could use the RetrieveRow datawindow event to check for a user
cancellation of the retrieval, but as most Powerbuilder users know, using
the RetrieveRow event slows the retrieval process down dramatically.

So, I began thinking about other ways to provide this functionality.  My
first thoughts concerned how Powerbuilder uses a stop button (red hand)
during datawindow previewing to stop a retrieval.  This button does not
appear to slow down the retrieval process as with the RetrieveRow event, but
it does provide the developer with a simple means of stopping the retrieval.
Just what I'm looking for!!!

Powerbuilder does not provide any powerscript functions to mimic this stop
button; however, I would think that an API call to a powerbuilder DLL would
be
available to perform the function of the stop button.  Does anyone know of
such an API call?
If so, I would like to know the details of such a call.

Thanks!!!

Bryan McFarland
:)

0
Douglas

Hi Doug, Check out the dw_?.DBCancel function which kills a DW retrieval. In
the retrieverow event you can check a variable to see if the retrieve has
been cancelled. If it set, return a 1 to kill the retrieval.

0
Martin
3/24/1998 4:01:42 PM
The only problem with RetrieveRow is that it slows the retrieval process to
a crawl.

Bryan McFarland
:)

Martin Kultermann wrote in message ...
>Hi Doug, Check out the dw_?.DBCancel function which kills a DW retrieval.
In
>the retrieverow event you can check a variable to see if the retrieve has
>been cancelled. If it set, return a 1 to kill the retrieval.

0
Douglas

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve
I would like to create a dynamic datawindow retrieve. I have a list of datawindows with various types of retrieval arguments--some are arrays. I would like to pass a program the parameter and parameter type and have it dynamically build the retrieve. I've tried using the ANY variable type, but it doesn't work when the argument is an array. Does any one know of a way to "build" the retrieve statement on the fly, or something else to do? Thanks JBachman jbachman@worldnet.att.net -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.d...

API Calls from PowerBuilder.
Hi all, I have a problem with API calls. I'd like to now how to call api functions in a DLL that have some functions with parameters like this: DLL: function x ( stru_a ) Structure stru_a { char * name, integer * value_1, Double * value_2, .... } I hope somebody can help me. Thank's. Luiz Paes. Search the Help file for Declaring External Functions and then Calling External Functions. This will explain how (and where) to declare and call your API functions. Zane Knight. ...

Better to use API fn call/Powerbuilder fn call ...
I have a rather elementary question. Is there any difference in application performance if I use an API call rather than a PowerBuilder function call ? eg Suppose there is PowerBuilder function 'X' which will bring a window to the foreground. An API function 'Y' does the same. Assuming that I need not prepare/initialize any structure etc to be passed to the API function 'Y', does it make any difference to the app performance if I make an API call instead of the PowerBuilder function call 'X' ? Thx Ganesh The difference would be virtually i...

Powerbuilder
Does anybody have a cross reference list of the PowerBuilder powerscript to obsolete windows API calls?? Has anybody created new functions to handle the new windows API calls?? Thanks, Denise ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

How to call MSMQ API from Powerbuilder
Hi all, can someone point me to a site/newsgroup, etc. that explains/shows how to get Powerbuilder to communicate with MSMQ? I am working in a legacy App that now requires to send messages to a MSMQ queue. Any help very appreciated! Don't know about MSMQ, but here's one for MQSeries: http://www.rgagnon.com/howto.html Click on PowerBuilder --> What's New --> Use MQSeriers HTH Greg <Gabriel Gutierrez> wrote in message news:3fa7c6b2.653e.846930886@sybase.com... > Hi all, > > can someone point me to a site/newsgroup, etc. that > e...

PowerBuilder API Call Problem
I have a PowerBuilder application running under PB 6.5 and Win NT. I am running a WinAPI function, GetWindowsDirectory. It is initialized by the following declaration: Function long GetWindowsDirectory(String lpBuffer, Long nSize) LIBRARY "kernel32.DLL" Alias For "GetWindowsDirectoryA" In a window function I make a call to GetWindowsDirectory like this: string sWinDir long lReturn long iSysPath lSysPath = 256 sWinDir = space(lSysPath) lReturn = GetWindowsDirectory(sWinDir, lSysPath) lReturn returns 8, but sWinDir is empty. The code works in Visual B...

PowerBuilder API-Call Problem
I have a PowerBuilder application running under PB 6.5 and Win NT. I am running a WinAPI function, GetWindowsDirectory. It is initialized by the following declaration: Function long GetWindowsDirectory(String lpBuffer, Long nSize) LIBRARY "kernel32.DLL" Alias For "GetWindowsDirectoryA" In a window function I make a call to GetWindowsDirectory like this: string sWinDir long lReturn long iSysPath lSysPath = 256 sWinDir = space(lSysPath) lReturn = GetWindowsDirectory(sWinDir, lSysPath) lReturn returns 8, but sWinDir is empty. The code works in Visual...

Powerbuilder crash when calling API function Openfile()
lul_Handle = gu_ext.OpenFile(ls_file, lstr_FileInfo, 2) To get the handle of the file I use command above... Most of the time, the first time I run the script it works, the second time I get a powerbuilder crash... Anyone any idea? The function is declared in the user object gu_ext Function ulong OpenFile (ref string filename, ref s_fileopeninfo of_struct, ulong action) LIBRARY "KERNEL32.DLL" Any ideas? Thanks Don't forget to free the handle afterwards with Private Function Long CloseHandle(Long hObject) Library "kernel32" CloseHandle(lul_Hand...

Making Third Party API Calls From Powerbuilder
Hi, I don't think this is possible but... Let's say I've got a Java API or a Python API. Is there anyway to use them in powerbuilder? (PB 8 to be specific) Thanks Not with PB8. PB9 provided PBNI and the EJBConnection object that can be used to talk with Java. <Dan Black> wrote in message news:461c12c1.5851.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > > I don't think this is possible but... > > Let's say I've got a Java API or a Python API. Is there > anyway to use them in powerbuilder? (PB 8 to be specific) > > Thanks ...

Calling dbtools API from Powerbuilder or Visual Basic
Hello, I have read (here on the newsgroup) about the "wrapper" dll in c / c++ needed to call the dbTools api from powerbuilder. Has somebody written such a dll? Is there an example on sybase codexchange. Has sombody got such a template in c / c++ ready for coding. Can somebody please explain the bare basics of writing such a dll. It would be nice to know the status in powerbuilder which table is currently being backed up or which table is being unloaded with the percentage progress rather than have to see a dos box. Is it possible to call the dbTools api from visua...

Error calling GetUserNameA win API from PowerBuilder 11.5
I have declared a global external function GetUserNameA for advapi32.dll in powerbuilder 11.5. Then i am trying to call this function from application open event. When cintrol comes to calling GetUserNameA, application fails with null object reference. Why is my pb aplication not able to recognise this win wrapper function? Pls help with ur suggestions. Is there any settings are code that I am missing? You want to use the unicode version; GetUserNameW On 23/11/2010 1:00 PM, sapna wrote: > I have declared a global external function GetUserNameA for > advapi32.dll in powe...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Web resources about - Powerbuilder API call to stop datawindow retrieval - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles