Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem

Hi all,
i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder
9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am
getting this error.

tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error  C0163: The
definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object
trcomps

Did anybody faced this kind of error?

Thx
Ashok
JPMORGAN

Ashok

First error message which i got during the migration is :

tcmappl.pbl(trcomps).4: Error       C0101: Referenced object n_tr_gsf is out of
date, must be converted

followed by:
tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error  C0163: The
definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object

Thx
Ashok

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:30:11 -0700,
Ashok <Ashok> wrote:
>Hi all,
>i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder
>9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am
>getting this error.
>
>tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error  C0163: The
>definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in
object
>trcomps
>
>Did anybody faced this kind of error?
>
>Thx
>Ashok
>JPMORGAN
>

>---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp
0
Ashok
4/17/2003 4:22:25 PM
What do you get if you try to regen n_tr_gsf all by itself?  Sometimes the
out of date message means the source is more recent in the PBL than the
compiled pseudo-code.  PBLs can get very corrupt in a migration, suggest
you exit PB, start it back up, get a clean optimize, exit, then rebuild, close,
optimize,
close, and then see where you are.  Recommend closing PB before optimize
because
for about two or three releases (on 6.5. 7. 8.02/NT 4, non-NTFS drive) I've noticed
that
optimize can fail if PB has been up and running for a long time, or whenever you
optimize the second PBL after doing another one.  Something fishy in PB, IME.

Ashok wrote:

> First error message which i got during the migration is :
>
> tcmappl.pbl(trcomps).4: Error       C0101: Referenced object n_tr_gsf is out of
> date, must be converted
>
> followed by:
> tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error  C0163: The
> definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object
>
> Thx
> Ashok
>
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:30:11 -0700,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> Ashok <Ashok> wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder
> >9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am
> >getting this error.
> >
> >tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error  C0163: The
> >definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in
> object
> >trcomps
> >
> >Did anybody faced this kind of error?
> >
> >Thx
> >Ashok
> >JPMORGAN
> >

> >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> >http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
woz
4/17/2003 4:39:59 PM
Since migration failed i was not able to  regenerate the objects.I will try what
you told Full Build & Optimze the app in PB 7.0.3 before doing migration.
thx
Ashok
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:39:59 -0400,
woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
>What do you get if you try to regen n_tr_gsf all by itself?  Sometimes the
>out of date message means the source is more recent in the PBL than the
>compiled pseudo-code.  PBLs can get very corrupt in a migration, suggest
>you exit PB, start it back up, get a clean optimize, exit, then rebuild, close,
>optimize,
>close, and then see where you are.  Recommend closing PB before optimize
>because
>for about two or three releases (on 6.5. 7. 8.02/NT 4, non-NTFS drive) I've
noticed
>that
>optimize can fail if PB has been up and running for a long time, or whenever
you
>optimize the second PBL after doing another one.  Something fishy in PB, IME.
>
>Ashok wrote:
>
>> First error message which i got during the migration is :
>>
>> tcmappl.pbl(trcomps).4: Error       C0101: Referenced object n_tr_gsf is out
of
>> date, must be converted
>>
>> followed by:
>> tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error  C0163: The
>> definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in
object

>> Thx
>> Ashok
>>
>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:30:11 -0700,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>> Ashok <Ashok> wrote:
>> >Hi all,
>> >i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder
>> >9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i
am
>> >getting this error.
>> >
>> >tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error  C0163: The
>> >definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in
>> object
>> >trcomps
>> >
>> >Did anybody faced this kind of error?
>> >
>> >Thx
>> >Ashok
>> >JPMORGAN
>> >

>> >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
>> >http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Ashok
4/17/2003 5:36:28 PM
Another thing, when the migration fails...go back to the original PB version and
place an empty new project object into the PBL.  Now try to migrate using that
empty project object as a target.  If PB cannot migrate the existing project,
then the migration fails.  If you stick in a dummy one, you may have a jillion
compile
errors but the migrate will at last work and you can replace the dummy with the
original exported from the old version, etc., and get things rolling again.

Ashok wrote:

> Since migration failed i was not able to  regenerate the objects.I will try what
> you told Full Build & Optimze the app in PB 7.0.3 before doing migration.
> thx
> Ashok
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:39:59 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
> >What do you get if you try to regen n_tr_gsf all by itself?  Sometimes the
> >out of date message means the source is more recent in the PBL than the
> >compiled pseudo-code.  PBLs can get very corrupt in a migration, suggest
> >you exit PB, start it back up, get a clean optimize, exit, then rebuild, close,
> >optimize,
> >close, and then see where you are.  Recommend closing PB before optimize
> >because
> >for about two or three releases (on 6.5. 7. 8.02/NT 4, non-NTFS drive) I've
> noticed
> >that
> >optimize can fail if PB has been up and running for a long time, or whenever
> you
> >optimize the second PBL after doing another one.  Something fishy in PB, IME.
> >
> >Ashok wrote:
> >
> >> First error message which i got during the migration is :
> >>
> >> tcmappl.pbl(trcomps).4: Error       C0101: Referenced object n_tr_gsf is out
> of
> >> date, must be converted
> >>
> >> followed by:
> >> tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error  C0163: The
> >> definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in
> object
> >>
> >> Thx
> >> Ashok
> >>
> >> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:30:11 -0700,
> >>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> am

> >> object

0
woz
4/17/2003 5:43:17 PM
Woz,
Still no luck.
Step Performed:
1->Went back to old version(7.0.3) did Full rebuild and optimized all the pbls
2->Migrated application using Powerbuilder 9.0 eval copy and got the same error
which i mentioned before

Interseting thing is i was able to migrate the application to powerbuilder 8.0.3
without any problem

Thx
Ashok

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:43:17 -0400,
woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
>Another thing, when the migration fails...go back to the original PB version
and
>place an empty new project object into the PBL.  Now try to migrate using that
>empty project object as a target.  If PB cannot migrate the existing project,
>then the migration fails.  If you stick in a dummy one, you may have a jillion
>compile
>errors but the migrate will at last work and you can replace the dummy with the
>original exported from the old version, etc., and get things rolling again.
>
>Ashok wrote:
>
>> Since migration failed i was not able to  regenerate the objects.I will try
what
>> you told Full Build & Optimze the app in PB 7.0.3 before doing migration.
>> thx
>> Ashok
>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:39:59 -0400,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>> woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
>> >What do you get if you try to regen n_tr_gsf all by itself?  Sometimes the
>> >out of date message means the source is more recent in the PBL than the
>> >compiled pseudo-code.  PBLs can get very corrupt in a migration, suggest
>> >you exit PB, start it back up, get a clean optimize, exit, then rebuild,
close,
>> >optimize,
>> >close, and then see where you are.  Recommend closing PB before optimize
>> >because
>> >for about two or three releases (on 6.5. 7. 8.02/NT 4, non-NTFS drive) I've
>> noticed
>> >that
>> >optimize can fail if PB has been up and running for a long time, or whenever
>> you
>> >optimize the second PBL after doing another one.  Something fishy in PB,
IME.

>> of

>> object

>> am

0
Ashok
4/17/2003 6:34:42 PM
Most interesting.  Maybe it's a 9 bug.  Perhaps you can lift the 8 version up to 9
now and your life can go on from there ;-) without looking back???  Hope so.

Ashok wrote:

> Woz,
> Still no luck.
> Step Performed:
> 1->Went back to old version(7.0.3) did Full rebuild and optimized all the pbls
> 2->Migrated application using Powerbuilder 9.0 eval copy and got the same error
> which i mentioned before
>
> Interseting thing is i was able to migrate the application to powerbuilder 8.0.3
> without any problem
>
> Thx
> Ashok
>
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:43:17 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
> >Another thing, when the migration fails...go back to the original PB version
> and
> >place an empty new project object into the PBL.  Now try to migrate using that
> >empty project object as a target.  If PB cannot migrate the existing project,
> >then the migration fails.  If you stick in a dummy one, you may have a jillion
> >compile
> >errors but the migrate will at last work and you can replace the dummy with the
> >original exported from the old version, etc., and get things rolling again.
> >
> >Ashok wrote:
> >
> >> Since migration failed i was not able to  regenerate the objects.I will try
> what
> >> you told Full Build & Optimze the app in PB 7.0.3 before doing migration.
> >> thx
> >> Ashok
> >> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:39:59 -0400,
> >>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> close,
> >> noticed
> >> you
> IME.

> out
> >> of

> >> object

> >> am

0
woz
4/17/2003 6:37:30 PM
Woz,
Even i tried that migrating from powerbuilder 8.0  to powerbuilder 9.0 ,still
same problem.
It's time to call support......
Thx
Ashok
On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:37:30 -0400,
woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
>Most interesting.  Maybe it's a 9 bug.  Perhaps you can lift the 8 version up
to 9
>now and your life can go on from there ;-) without looking back???  Hope so.
>
>Ashok wrote:
>
>> Woz,
>> Still no luck.
>> Step Performed:
>> 1->Went back to old version(7.0.3) did Full rebuild and optimized all the
pbls
>> 2->Migrated application using Powerbuilder 9.0 eval copy and got the same
error
>> which i mentioned before
>>
>> Interseting thing is i was able to migrate the application to powerbuilder
8.0.3
>> without any problem
>>
>> Thx
>> Ashok
>>
>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:43:17 -0400,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>> woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
>> >Another thing, when the migration fails...go back to the original PB version
>> and
>> >place an empty new project object into the PBL.  Now try to migrate using
that
>> >empty project object as a target.  If PB cannot migrate the existing
project,
>> >then the migration fails.  If you stick in a dummy one, you may have a
jillion
>> >compile
>> >errors but the migrate will at last work and you can replace the dummy with
the
>> >original exported from the old version, etc., and get things rolling again.

>> what
>> close,
I've
>> IME.

>> out

The

The

0
Ashok
4/17/2003 7:10:44 PM
Ashok
Extactly ,
This happens from 7.03 to 9.0 version migration .
Version 8.X has been scripped by me .
Referenced object < XXX > is out of date, must be converted
even after full migrtated , and while regnerating that particular object .

No idea what does that mean .

Regards
Vikas J

<Ashok> wrote in message news:OAnwMURBDHA.221@forums-1-dub...
> Woz,
> Even i tried that migrating from powerbuilder 8.0  to powerbuilder 9.0
,still
> same problem.
> It's time to call support......
> Thx
> Ashok
> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:37:30 -0400,
>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
> >Most interesting.  Maybe it's a 9 bug.  Perhaps you can lift the 8
version up
> to 9
> >now and your life can go on from there ;-) without looking back???  Hope
so.

> >Ashok wrote:
> >
> >> Woz,
> >> Still no luck.
> >> Step Performed:
> >> 1->Went back to old version(7.0.3) did Full rebuild and optimized all
the
> pbls
> >> 2->Migrated application using Powerbuilder 9.0 eval copy and got the
same
> error
> >> which i mentioned before
> >>
> >> Interseting thing is i was able to migrate the application to
powerbuilder
> 8.0.3
> >> without any problem
> >>
> >> Thx
> >> Ashok
> >>
> >> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:43:17 -0400,
> >>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> >> and
> that
> project,
> jillion
> the

> try
> >> what
Sometimes
> the
> >> close,
> I've
> whenever
> >> IME.

> is
> >> out

C0163:
> The
> in

> powerbuilder
> migration

C0163:
> The
> in

0
Vikas
4/18/2003 12:16:34 PM
I recommed you to migrate from PB7 to PB8, then change your references to
PFC6.5 to PFC8 and recompile, optimize and migrate to PB9.

********************
Cesar Vergara
MediaWare SAC
********************
"Vikas J" <vanjacobson@hotmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje
> Ashok
> Extactly ,
> This happens from 7.03 to 9.0 version migration .
> Version 8.X has been scripped by me .
> Referenced object < XXX > is out of date, must be converted
> even after full migrtated , and while regnerating that particular object .
>
> No idea what does that mean .
>
> Regards
> Vikas J
>
> <Ashok> wrote in message news:OAnwMURBDHA.221@forums-1-dub...
> > Woz,
> > Even i tried that migrating from powerbuilder 8.0  to powerbuilder 9.0
> ,still
> > same problem.
> > It's time to call support......
> > Thx
> > Ashok
> > On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:37:30 -0400,
> >  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
> > woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
> > >Most interesting.  Maybe it's a 9 bug.  Perhaps you can lift the 8
> version up
> > to 9
> > >now and your life can go on from there ;-) without looking back???
Hope
> so.

> the
> > pbls
> same
> > error

> powerbuilder
> > 8.0.3

> version
> using
> > that
> > project,
> > jillion
> with
> > the
> again.

> will
> > try
> migration.
> Sometimes
> > the
> the
> suggest
> rebuild,
> optimize
> drive)
> > I've
> > whenever
> in PB,

> n_tr_gsf
> > is

> C0163:
> > The
> compiled
> > in

> > powerbuilder
during
> > migration

> C0163:
> > The
> compiled
> > in

0
Cesar
4/21/2003 3:15:04 PM
Optimize your PBLs. PB is picking up an orphaned object.

Good luck,

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:46:34 +0530, "Vikas J"
<vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Ashok
>Extactly ,
>This happens from 7.03 to 9.0 version migration .
>Version 8.X has been scripped by me .
>Referenced object < XXX > is out of date, must be converted
>even after full migrtated , and while regnerating that particular object .
>
>No idea what does that mean .
>
>Regards
>Vikas J
>
><Ashok> wrote in message news:OAnwMURBDHA.221@forums-1-dub...
>> Woz,
>> Even i tried that migrating from powerbuilder 8.0  to powerbuilder 9.0
>,still
>> same problem.
>> It's time to call support......
>> Thx
>> Ashok
>> On Thu, 17 Apr 2003 14:37:30 -0400,
>>  in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
>> woz <abuse@msn.com> wrote:
>> >Most interesting.  Maybe it's a 9 bug.  Perhaps you can lift the 8
>version up
>> to 9
>> >now and your life can go on from there ;-) without looking back???  Hope
>so.

>the
>> pbls
>same
>> error

>powerbuilder
>> 8.0.3

>version
>using
>> that
>> project,
>> jillion
>with
>> the
>again.

>will
>> try
>migration.
>Sometimes
>> the
>the
>suggest
>rebuild,
>optimize
>drive)
>> I've
>> whenever
>in PB,

>n_tr_gsf
>> is

>C0163:
>> The
>compiled
>> in

>> powerbuilder
>> migration

>C0163:
>> The
>compiled
>> in

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
4/26/2003 10:58:30 PM
Terry

But still some of the objects in PB 9.0 version says , that they are out of
dates.
What extactly this error means ????
How to solve that ?
Even after exporting and re importing does not solves the purpose .....

Regards
Vikas J
"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> >optimize
> >drive)
> >> I've
> >> whenever
> >in PB,

> >n_tr_gsf
> >> is

> >C0163:
> >> The
> >compiled
> >> in

> >> powerbuilder
during
> >> migration

> >C0163:
> >> The
> >compiled
> >> in

> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
> See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox

0
Vikas
5/3/2003 12:53:37 AM
Out of date means they haven't been regenned. Orphaned objects never
get regenned. Did you optimize all the PBLs? Exporting and importing
can aggravate the situation, since a failed import is the only way I
know of to create an orphaned object.

Good luck,

On Sat, 3 May 2003 06:23:37 +0530, "Vikas J" <vanjacobson@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>> >rebuild,
>> >optimize
>> >drive)
>or
>fishy
>> >in PB,

>> >n_tr_gsf

>> >C0163:
>> >compiled

>during

>> >C0163:
>> >compiled

>> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
>> Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
>> Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
>> See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
>> ^ ^
>> o o
>> =*=

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
5/3/2003 5:47:44 PM
Terry,
Thats what  i did.
Steps followed from powerbuilder 7.0 to 9.0:
1,Create a New dir(Drive:\\APP7.0\*.pbl) and Copy Your latest PBL .
2,Full Build the Application.
3,Optimize all the PBLS
4,Create a New dir(Drive:\\APP9.0\*.pbl) and copy all the PBLS that we have
optimzed and fullbuild
5,Finally do the migration.

(Note:If  you are migrating from PFC 6.0 Objects you will have a problem in one
of the method defined in of_PrepPrint in pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report.The problem with
duplicate variable (e.g ls_Objects[], ls_Modify, ls_Return, ls_Undo, ls_Type,
ls_Color, ls_Objects[])Remove the ls_objects[].I think PB 9.0 compiler is very
strict on duplicate var.

HTH
Ashok
JPMORGAN

On Sat, 3 May 2003 06:23:37 +0530,
Vikas J <vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Terry
>
>But still some of the objects in PB 9.0 version says , that they are out of
>dates.
>What extactly this error means ????
>How to solve that ?
>Even after exporting and re importing does not solves the purpose .....
>
>Regards
>Vikas J
>"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
>> Optimize your PBLs. PB is picking up an orphaned object.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 17:46:34 +0530, "Vikas J"
>> <vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Ashok
>> >Extactly ,
>> >This happens from 7.03 to 9.0 version migration .
>> >Version 8.X has been scripped by me .
>> >Referenced object < XXX > is out of date, must be converted
>> >even after full migrtated , and while regnerating that particular object
>..
>> >
>> >No idea what does that mean .
>> >
>> >Regards
>> >Vikas J

>> >,still
>> >version up
>Hope
>> >so.

>all
>> >the
>> >same

>> >powerbuilder

>PB
>> >version
>> >using
>existing
>have a
>dummy
>> >with
>rolling
>> >again.

>objects.I
>> >will
>> >migration.
>> >Sometimes
>than
>> >the
>> >suggest
>> >rebuild,
>> >optimize
>> >drive)
>or
>fishy
>> >in PB,

>> >n_tr_gsf

>> >C0163:
>> >compiled

>during

>> >C0163:
>> >compiled

>> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
>> Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
>> Version 2.2.05 now available at the Sandbox
>> See the new PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
>> ^ ^
>> o o
>> =*=

0
Ashok

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Problem with Powerbuilder 7.0.3 & EAServer 4.0
Hi Everybody: I have an aplication based on Dynamo-Jaguar with PB components. It's working fine with Powerbuilder 7.0 and EAS 3.6.1, but when I try the 4.0 version of EAS I got problems: " In my dynamo pages there is a java.CreateComponent and it simply fails " ( I'm compiling my stubs/skeletons from the Jaguar Manager. When I try to compile them from DOS, i get a lot of messages telling me that it couldn't find some objets ) Any help? My case is very critic since i'm installing my application with the client. Thanks in advance VICTOR CH...

The Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0
All, I am looking for any information you would have on the Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0. We are scoping out initial effort estimate documents and workplans. thanks- Brian I would start by searching this ng. Many folks have replied to questions regarding migrations from 8 to 9, 7 to 9, 6 to 9 etc. The notes may not answer all your questions but still should give you some valuable insight HTH Greg <Brian Hauss> wrote in message news:40c09b93.4a25.1681692777@sybase.com... > All, > I am looking for any information y...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

#EBF1 -EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch
why is the #EBF1 not placed right - It is placed Under Powerbuilder EBFs/Downloads. Platform: Windows EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files 7.0.3 16 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder and Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 C5 7.0.3 09 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 Maintenance Release 7.0.3 08 Dec 2000 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise - PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.2 C4 Release 7.0.2 22 Nov 2000 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder DeskTop 7.0.2 (EBF) C3 Rele...

PowerBuilder 8.0.3 PVCS VM 7.5.1.0 Performance problems
as I have been browsing through the database I've found several inputs in regards to performance issues for Powerbuilder working together with PVCS. Does anyone have the experience that registering a new object with PVCS it does take an immense amout (not seconds, minutes!) of time? PVCS and PB are installed locally. The PVCS project and the PBL reside on the network. Any help is welcome! thanks Martin Um...On PVCS, we've got the pbls on each developer's workstation. The repository is on the network. As I've read from Paul Horan's post, having the PB...

Chinese became chaos code on PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0
I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0, I keyed in Chinese data when Chinese became chaos code on display. I preview or print out also got the chaos code. I used OLE DB to link with SQL server 7.0 Please give me comment to fix it. -- Best Regards Wong Tat Ming Tel: 25235090 Email: tmwong@diagnostix.com.hk You need the Unicode versions of these.... PB 10.0 or higher plus SS2005 will get you to full Unicode compatibility. "chu" <chuchoy@msn.com> wrote in message news:4588d7be$1@forums-1-dub... > I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to ...

Error ORA-01460 in PowerBuilder 7.0.2/7.0.3
Hello, I have several applications developed in PowerBuilder 7.0.2 and database Oracle 8.1.6. Now, we upgrade Oracle 8.1.6 to Oracle 8.1.7 and in some application I will appear the error "ORA-01460: unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested" when recovering the information of the database. I have upgraded PowerBuilder 7.0.2 to PowerBuilder 7.0.3 (Build 10213) and the problem persists. Any help that you can give me will be welcome Thank you Oscar Can you run the database application in trace mode and ...

SQl server 7.0 and Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello there. I have this situation we,re working with Powerbuilder 9.0 and SQL Server 7.0 with an original application developed in Powerbuilder 6.5, this mean that we made the update to 9.0, well after that in some SQL that involve string field like char or varchar the values were evaluated with double quoted like this example type in "1","2". Select * from clients Where tipo in " 1","2" Well this syntax generated error because dont recognize del double quote, now the syntax must use single quoted '1', '2' li...

Code Migration from Powerbuilder 5.0 to 9.0
Was wondering whether anyone can provide any information on this. Any info at all is welcomed thks :) Try http://www.teamsybase.net:8083/newsgroups/display.jsp?msgid=3q3spvccn3tdvtr5il532g7k1mka5sng0e@4ax.com. There's probably more postings. Here's a list of ways to search old messages: http://www.techno-kitten.com/Troubleshooting/Anyone_Else_See_It_/anyone_else_see_it_.html#someonehasexperiencedit. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 7 May 2004 02:32:18 -0700, Edward wrote: >Was wondering whether anyone can provide any information on &g...

Migrating Powerbuilder 5.0 App to 7.0
Hi! I'm about to migrate the application our company is developing/supporting from Powerbuilder 5.0 (.04) to Powerbuilder 7.0. So I'm hoping someone can help out with some tips, experiences and advices. I started searching sybase.com (which can be a cumbersome task), and found some articles and former newsgroup posts, but not enough. Some questions are: Would it be wise to migrate via 6.5 first, and then 7.0. And since 8.0 is just around the corner, are there anyone with experience on migrating to 8.0 (from 6.5/5.0)? Further details: * The applications transaction obj...

PowerBuilder 7.0 or EA Studio 3.0?
What other pieces of EA Studio, particularly EA Server, will do for creation of Web-based application that I cannot do with PB 7.0 alone (I am a PowerBuilder programmer)? Thanks, Anatoly You can create web based applications with PB7 alone using distributed PB and web.pb. EAServer adds on a number of features, like load balancing, transaction pooling etc. so you don't have to manage them yourself. PowerSite gives you a WYSIWYG environment for developing around the HTMLDW. On Fri, 28 May 1999 09:11:38 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.web-pb Anatoly Reznik <ana...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles