PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Hello NG ,,,
I have a strange problem ,  installed both versions of PowerBuilder on the 
same machine having Windows XP.

under Program files\Sybase9  - > PB9.0 was installed .
under Program files\Sybase10- > PB10.0 was installed,

I was working on XML workspace in PB9.0 where in the library list 
PBDOM90.PBD was included. By mistake , I opened the same workspace in PB10.0 
and the application was migrated completed.
Later coming back to PB9.0 and opening the same workspace , found that  , in 
the system tree PDB files has zero object, It is not showing anything and 
the application is not running. Any ideas what PB10 has done to a PBD file 
of PB9.0????????

Another problem , I have included the PBDOM100.PDB for PB10.0 , still is 
giving the compliation error on
PBDOM_Builder l_builder
etc.etc.... lines for creating objects for PBDOM objects.?? Any ideas.....

-- 
Regards
Van 


0
Van
5/10/2006 5:18:49 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 17 followers. Follow

5 Replies
1275 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 19

Doesn't sound like anything good...

Have you been able to replace PBDOM90.PBD? If you do that, does the app
work?

I'd think that if the workspace has been migrated to 10, it won't work under
9 even if you replace the PBD. Do you have backups of your PBLs and PBDs?

-- 
Regards,
Millard [TeamSybase]

"Van" <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:44622062@forums-2-dub...
> Hello NG ,,,
> I have a strange problem ,  installed both versions of PowerBuilder on the
> same machine having Windows XP.
>
> under Program files\Sybase9  - > PB9.0 was installed .
> under Program files\Sybase10- > PB10.0 was installed,
>
> I was working on XML workspace in PB9.0 where in the library list
> PBDOM90.PBD was included. By mistake , I opened the same workspace in
PB10.0
> and the application was migrated completed.
> Later coming back to PB9.0 and opening the same workspace , found that  ,
in
> the system tree PDB files has zero object, It is not showing anything and
> the application is not running. Any ideas what PB10 has done to a PBD file
> of PB9.0????????
>
> Another problem , I have included the PBDOM100.PDB for PB10.0 , still is
> giving the compliation error on
> PBDOM_Builder l_builder
> etc.etc.... lines for creating objects for PBDOM objects.?? Any ideas.....
>
> -- 
> Regards
> Van
>
>


0
Millard
5/10/2006 8:20:14 PM
Millard
My intension to ask how come PowerBuilder modified a PBD file and coming 
back to PB9.0 it was showing zero objects listing,...
Where did the object listing gone off .   What powebuilder did to a PBD file 
..
I am worried about from the article in "Powerscript Decompilation:" from the 
powerscript forums dated  18 th march 1006.

Thanks , Van
"Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in message 
news:44624ae7$1@forums-2-dub...
> Doesn't sound like anything good...
>
> Have you been able to replace PBDOM90.PBD? If you do that, does the app
> work?
>
> I'd think that if the workspace has been migrated to 10, it won't work 
> under
> 9 even if you replace the PBD. Do you have backups of your PBLs and PBDs?
>
> -- 
> Regards,
> Millard [TeamSybase]
>
> "Van" <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:44622062@forums-2-dub...
>> Hello NG ,,,
>> I have a strange problem ,  installed both versions of PowerBuilder on 
>> the
>> same machine having Windows XP.
>>
>> under Program files\Sybase9  - > PB9.0 was installed .
>> under Program files\Sybase10- > PB10.0 was installed,
>>
>> I was working on XML workspace in PB9.0 where in the library list
>> PBDOM90.PBD was included. By mistake , I opened the same workspace in
> PB10.0
>> and the application was migrated completed.
>> Later coming back to PB9.0 and opening the same workspace , found that  ,
> in
>> the system tree PDB files has zero object, It is not showing anything and
>> the application is not running. Any ideas what PB10 has done to a PBD 
>> file
>> of PB9.0????????
>>
>> Another problem , I have included the PBDOM100.PDB for PB10.0 , still is
>> giving the compliation error on
>> PBDOM_Builder l_builder
>> etc.etc.... lines for creating objects for PBDOM objects.?? Any 
>> ideas.....
>>
>> -- 
>> Regards
>> Van
>>
>>
>
> 


0
Van
5/15/2006 1:35:58 PM
If PowerBuilder tried to migrate the PBD to 10.x, then PB9 will never be able to
even read the object directory off of it. PBLs and PBDs are different enough
between PB1-9 and PB10 that PBLs/PBDs from one can't be read by the other. If
you can see the object list in PB10, then that is probably your explanation.

Good luck,

Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten

On 15 May 2006 06:35:58 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
Van <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote: 
>Millard
>My intension to ask how come PowerBuilder modified a PBD file and coming 
>back to PB9.0 it was showing zero objects listing,...
>Where did the object listing gone off .   What powebuilder did to a PBD file 
>..
>I am worried about from the article in "Powerscript Decompilation:" from the 
>powerscript forums dated  18 th march 1006.
>
>Thanks , Van
>"Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in message 
>news:44624ae7$1@forums-2-dub...
>> Doesn't sound like anything good...
>>
>> Have you been able to replace PBDOM90.PBD? If you do that, does the app
>> work?
>>
>> I'd think that if the workspace has been migrated to 10, it won't work 
>> under
>> 9 even if you replace the PBD. Do you have backups of your PBLs and PBDs?
>>
>> -- 
>> Regards,
>> Millard [TeamSybase]
>>
>> "Van" <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:44622062@forums-2-dub...
>>> Hello NG ,,,
>>> I have a strange problem ,  installed both versions of PowerBuilder on 
>>> the
>>> same machine having Windows XP.
>>>
>>> under Program files\Sybase9  - > PB9.0 was installed .
>>> under Program files\Sybase10- > PB10.0 was installed,
>>>
>>> I was working on XML workspace in PB9.0 where in the library list
>>> PBDOM90.PBD was included. By mistake , I opened the same workspace in
>> PB10.0
>>> and the application was migrated completed.
>>> Later coming back to PB9.0 and opening the same workspace , found that  ,
>> in
>>> the system tree PDB files has zero object, It is not showing anything and
>>> the application is not running. Any ideas what PB10 has done to a PBD 
>>> file
>>> of PB9.0????????
>>>
>>> Another problem , I have included the PBDOM100.PDB for PB10.0 , still is
>>> giving the compliation error on
>>> PBDOM_Builder l_builder
>>> etc.etc.... lines for creating objects for PBDOM objects.?? Any 
>>> ideas.....
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Regards
>>> Van
>>>
>>>
>>
>> 
>
>

*********************************
PowerBuilder for $75? No.
Personal use PowerBuilder Enterprise *AND* PocketBuilder *AND* DataWindow.NET
*AND* Sybase IQ as free benefits of a $75 ISUG membership. See
http://www.isug.com/ISUG3/Membership_benefits.html for details.
Prices may change soon. Sign up now!

*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
User Manual
===========
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit. 
Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
5/15/2006 2:01:40 PM
Terry
That's what I mean to say .
How with the migration process ,PDB got migrated ? What migration did to the 
PBD file which was not carry the source.
Thanks ,Van
"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message 
news:44688994@forums-2-dub...
> If PowerBuilder tried to migrate the PBD to 10.x, then PB9 will never be 
> able to
> even read the object directory off of it. PBLs and PBDs are different 
> enough
> between PB1-9 and PB10 that PBLs/PBDs from one can't be read by the other. 
> If
> you can see the object list in PB10, then that is probably your 
> explanation.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 15 May 2006 06:35:58 -0700,
> in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
> Van <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>Millard
>>My intension to ask how come PowerBuilder modified a PBD file and coming
>>back to PB9.0 it was showing zero objects listing,...
>>Where did the object listing gone off .   What powebuilder did to a PBD 
>>file
>>..
>>I am worried about from the article in "Powerscript Decompilation:" from 
>>the
>>powerscript forums dated  18 th march 1006.
>>
>>Thanks , Van
>>"Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
>>news:44624ae7$1@forums-2-dub...
>>> Doesn't sound like anything good...
>>>
>>> Have you been able to replace PBDOM90.PBD? If you do that, does the app
>>> work?
>>>
>>> I'd think that if the workspace has been migrated to 10, it won't work
>>> under
>>> 9 even if you replace the PBD. Do you have backups of your PBLs and 
>>> PBDs?
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Regards,
>>> Millard [TeamSybase]
>>>
>>> "Van" <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:44622062@forums-2-dub...
>>>> Hello NG ,,,
>>>> I have a strange problem ,  installed both versions of PowerBuilder on
>>>> the
>>>> same machine having Windows XP.
>>>>
>>>> under Program files\Sybase9  - > PB9.0 was installed .
>>>> under Program files\Sybase10- > PB10.0 was installed,
>>>>
>>>> I was working on XML workspace in PB9.0 where in the library list
>>>> PBDOM90.PBD was included. By mistake , I opened the same workspace in
>>> PB10.0
>>>> and the application was migrated completed.
>>>> Later coming back to PB9.0 and opening the same workspace , found that 
>>>> ,
>>> in
>>>> the system tree PDB files has zero object, It is not showing anything 
>>>> and
>>>> the application is not running. Any ideas what PB10 has done to a PBD
>>>> file
>>>> of PB9.0????????
>>>>
>>>> Another problem , I have included the PBDOM100.PDB for PB10.0 , still 
>>>> is
>>>> giving the compliation error on
>>>> PBDOM_Builder l_builder
>>>> etc.etc.... lines for creating objects for PBDOM objects.?? Any
>>>> ideas.....
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Regards
>>>> Van
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> *********************************
> PowerBuilder for $75? No.
> Personal use PowerBuilder Enterprise *AND* PocketBuilder *AND* 
> DataWindow.NET
> *AND* Sybase IQ as free benefits of a $75 ISUG membership. See
> http://www.isug.com/ISUG3/Membership_benefits.html for details.
> Prices may change soon. Sign up now!
>
> *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungry
> http://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
> User Manual
> ===========
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*= 


0
Van
5/16/2006 4:09:45 PM
I'm not expecting the presence of source is required to migrate. (For all
pre-PB10 migrations, only the binary portion of the PBLs are affected by a
migration, not the source.) In fact, given the fact that some class libraries
only deliver PBDs for developers to use (to protect the source code), I'd
*expect* PB to migrate a PBD if it was in the library list. Otherwise, users of
the class library would be stuck on a specific PB version.

I guess I don't recognize any alarming element to this observation, and the
hypothesis that the PBD got migrated is pretty easily tested, if you're curious
enough. Maybe I'm missing something.

Good luck,

Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten

On 16 May 2006 09:09:45 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
Van <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote: 
>Terry
>That's what I mean to say .
>How with the migration process ,PDB got migrated ? What migration did to the 
>PBD file which was not carry the source.
>Thanks ,Van
>"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message 
>news:44688994@forums-2-dub...
>> If PowerBuilder tried to migrate the PBD to 10.x, then PB9 will never be 
>> able to
>> even read the object directory off of it. PBLs and PBDs are different 
>> enough
>> between PB1-9 and PB10 that PBLs/PBDs from one can't be read by the other. 
>> If
>> you can see the object list in PB10, then that is probably your 
>> explanation.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> On 15 May 2006 06:35:58 -0700,
>> in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
>> Van <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>Millard
>>>My intension to ask how come PowerBuilder modified a PBD file and coming
>>>back to PB9.0 it was showing zero objects listing,...
>>>Where did the object listing gone off .   What powebuilder did to a PBD 
>>>file
>>>..
>>>I am worried about from the article in "Powerscript Decompilation:" from 
>>>the
>>>powerscript forums dated  18 th march 1006.
>>>
>>>Thanks , Van
>>>"Millard F. Brown III" <millard.brown@teamsybase.com> wrote in message
>>>news:44624ae7$1@forums-2-dub...
>>>> Doesn't sound like anything good...
>>>>
>>>> Have you been able to replace PBDOM90.PBD? If you do that, does the app
>>>> work?
>>>>
>>>> I'd think that if the workspace has been migrated to 10, it won't work
>>>> under
>>>> 9 even if you replace the PBD. Do you have backups of your PBLs and 
>>>> PBDs?
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Millard [TeamSybase]
>>>>
>>>> "Van" <VanJacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:44622062@forums-2-dub...
>>>>> Hello NG ,,,
>>>>> I have a strange problem ,  installed both versions of PowerBuilder on
>>>>> the
>>>>> same machine having Windows XP.
>>>>>
>>>>> under Program files\Sybase9  - > PB9.0 was installed .
>>>>> under Program files\Sybase10- > PB10.0 was installed,
>>>>>
>>>>> I was working on XML workspace in PB9.0 where in the library list
>>>>> PBDOM90.PBD was included. By mistake , I opened the same workspace in
>>>> PB10.0
>>>>> and the application was migrated completed.
>>>>> Later coming back to PB9.0 and opening the same workspace , found that 
>>>>> ,
>>>> in
>>>>> the system tree PDB files has zero object, It is not showing anything 
>>>>> and
>>>>> the application is not running. Any ideas what PB10 has done to a PBD
>>>>> file
>>>>> of PB9.0????????
>>>>>
>>>>> Another problem , I have included the PBDOM100.PDB for PB10.0 , still 
>>>>> is
>>>>> giving the compliation error on
>>>>> PBDOM_Builder l_builder
>>>>> etc.etc.... lines for creating objects for PBDOM objects.?? Any
>>>>> ideas.....
*********************************
PowerBuilder for $75? No.
Personal use PowerBuilder Enterprise *AND* PocketBuilder *AND* DataWindow.NET
*AND* Sybase IQ as free benefits of a $75 ISUG membership. See
http://www.isug.com/ISUG3/Membership_benefits.html for details.
Prices may change soon. Sign up now!

*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
User Manual
===========
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit. 
Version 3.0.02 now available at the Sandbox
PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
5/16/2006 4:23:31 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

The Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0
All, I am looking for any information you would have on the Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0. We are scoping out initial effort estimate documents and workplans. thanks- Brian I would start by searching this ng. Many folks have replied to questions regarding migrations from 8 to 9, 7 to 9, 6 to 9 etc. The notes may not answer all your questions but still should give you some valuable insight HTH Greg <Brian Hauss> wrote in message news:40c09b93.4a25.1681692777@sybase.com... > All, > I am looking for any information y...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Is PowerBuilder 10.0 support Informix 9.4 or Informix 10.0 version
1. nirav_nc@yahoo.com Jan 24, 12:58 pm show options Newsgroups: sybase.public.powerbuilder.general From: "nirav...@yahoo.com" <nirav...@yahoo.com> - Find messages by this author Date: 24 Jan 2006 09:58:13 -0800 Local: Tues, Jan 24 2006 12:58 pm Subject: Is PowerBuilder 10.0 support Informix 9.4 or Informix 10.0 version Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse I read PowerBuilder 10.0 release note. It says that "PowerBuilder 10 supports the following versions of Informix: 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, and ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Announcing the PowerBuilder 10 Public Beta Program!Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team!
Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team! PowerBuilder is getting ready for the 10.0 release and would like to invite you to join the Beta Team! The exciting new developments you will have early access to as a member of the Beta Team include: Unicode support DataWindow.NET Object Oriented Modeling with PowerDesigner plug-in UDDI search ADO.NET support NETXML Web Datawindow Your participation in the beta test cycle is an opportunity to provide valuable feedback to engineering regarding the quality and capabilities of this release. As a member of the team, you will learn from the e...

hints expression oracle 9.0 in Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello cheers to all. I got this sql from Orable 9.0, we need to put a hint expression in this sql to improve the performance on the execution of the sql, well i dont know if this run fine in sql embeded, because this expression use /* */ operator, like the following example. In powerbuilde these operators are used to put comments in the script.. SELECT /* + INDEX ("CB_MOV_PAG" "CB_MOV_PAG1") */ sum ("CB_MOV_DET"."MON_PAG") FROM "CB_MOV_DET", "CB_MOV_PAG" WHERE ( "CB_MOV_DET"."COD_CIA"...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Upgrade to PowerBuilder 9 or PowerBuilder 10?
Hi, Our company is going to upgrade PowerBuilder. Currently we are using version 7, and we are going to upgrade either to version 9 or 10. Does anyone have any recommendations if we should go for version 9 or 10? What is the current release of version 10, and is it stable or is there a lot of bugs? Best regards, Ronald Ommundsen e-mail: ronald.ommundsen@gard.no Ron; If you have any hope of running the applications in the future on XP, W2003 or soon to be W2006 (LongHorn) you will have to jump over to UniCode - ie PB10. So personally, I would recommend starting with P...

Upgrades Available for PowerBuilder 10.0.0
I've been using PowerBuilder 10.0.0 for about a year, and would like to upgrade. I noticed that there is an upgrade to 10.5.1 available online, but the documentation indicates you must have 10.5.0 installed first. Is 10.5.0 available for download, hopefully as an upgrade to an installed 10.0.0 configuration? Thanks in advance. Jim Silverman Inner Ring Software Ann Arbor, MI Oops - sorry about that. I thought I was in the PowerBuilder forum. Never mind... JAS > I've been using PowerBuilder 10.0.0 for about a year, and > would like to upgrade. I notic...

PowerBuilder 5.0 to 5.0.0.2
I hope this the correct venue for this question. I have a fresh install of PB 5.0 and I need to upgrade it to 5.0.0.2. I have found plenty of reference/downloads to 5.0.0.4 on the sybase website, but I need to go from 5.0 to 5.0.0.2. Where can I download the correct patch/upgrade? Thanks 5.0.0.2 is no longer available. You can choose between 5.0.03 (bug infested) and 5.0.04 (stable). -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Dwayne Bordelon" <dwayne.bordelon@shawinc...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1 and MySql 4.0
I am using the MySql ODBC Driver 3.51 to connect to MySql I tried to switch my application to MySql, but i have the problem that MySql got problems with double quotes on table and fieldnames. e.g. Select "person"."name" from person; would lead to an MySQL Error. Select person.name from person; is ok Is there a special connectstring parameter or a MySql parameter which would solve this problem ? Thx, Andreas Eibegger Try turning off the delimiter option for the connection. On 20 Feb 2004 01:24:23 -0800, "Andreas Eibegger" <andreas....

SQl server 7.0 and Powerbuilder 9.0
Hello there. I have this situation we,re working with Powerbuilder 9.0 and SQL Server 7.0 with an original application developed in Powerbuilder 6.5, this mean that we made the update to 9.0, well after that in some SQL that involve string field like char or varchar the values were evaluated with double quoted like this example type in "1","2". Select * from clients Where tipo in " 1","2" Well this syntax generated error because dont recognize del double quote, now the syntax must use single quoted '1', '2' li...