PowerBuilder 7.x and Windows NT 4 Service Pack 6

Well, Microsoft has released Windows NT 4 SP 6 as of  Thursday, October 28,
1999.  Is anyone using the new Service Pack and is anyone aware of any
issues of PB 7 and SP 6?

Thanks in advance.

Tim Kelly

http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/sp6/

0
Timothy
11/2/1999 6:44:14 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

I tried it for the first time today.  I was hoping that SP 6 was going to
fix some problems we were experiencing.  No luck, but no problems with SP 6
yet.

Timothy Kelly <timothy.kelly@amsinc.com> wrote in message
> Well, Microsoft has released Windows NT 4 SP 6 as of  Thursday, October
28,
> 1999.  Is anyone using the new Service Pack and is anyone aware of any
> issues of PB 7 and SP 6?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tim Kelly
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/sp6/

There's a problem with SP6.  Micro$oft now has a warning on the download site:

"Note: An issue has been discovered with SP6 that affects Lotus Notes and some
other Winsock applications. Customers using these applications should not
download SP6 at this time. Microsoft will release a hotfix for this issue early
next week."

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 13:44:14 -0500,
Timothy Kelly <timothy.kelly@amsinc.com> wrote:
>Well, Microsoft has released Windows NT 4 SP 6 as of  Thursday, October 28,
>1999.  Is anyone using the new Service Pack and is anyone aware of any
>issues of PB 7 and SP 6?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Tim Kelly
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/nts/downloads/recommended/sp6/

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]              | Romac International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com     | http://www.romac.com
Watch for the KFORCE ad in the SuperBowl! | http://www.kforce.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                | http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html  |

Bruce

powerbuilder 7.x on NT with Service Pack 2
We've recently installed Service Pack 2 on some machines in the office, and now when we run our pb app, when it calls an ocx (written in C++) its unable to find the object. I don't know if this is a pb(7.0.3) or a VC++ problem. The list of fixes in SP2 is huge, so don't really know where to begin. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks Mary Try to re-register the OCX using regsvr32.exe. /ck <Mary_HIcks> wrote in message news:DC75BB2B090637F5003B2E3285256B95.003B2E6585256B95@webforums... > We've recently installed Service Pack 2 on some ...

Unicode PowerBuilder for Windows NT 4.x
Hello, I 'm trying to determine the feasibility of an integration effort between our application and a partner company's application. The problem is this: up until this point, our company was using the standard PowerBuilder for Windows; that is to say, it uses ANSI strings. The application we want to integrate with is COM-based, and uses UNICODE strings. Nearest as I can tell, there are two options, neither of which is adequately explained in the documentation. Any help on either of the following would be appreciated: 1) The 'ToUnicode/FromUnicode' functions ...

PowerBuilder application as a Windows NT 4.0 Service
I am trying to transform my PB 5.0 application into a Windows NT service. My application opens a window, create a transport object and starts Listening. I would like this application to be installed as a service (for remote maintenance). I tried to use the INSTSRV.EXE program without success. Do I have to use the 32 SDK functions ? Any help ? Why not create it as an OLE Server and then register it. bb wrote in message <34A3E444.5C54@ccbp.fr>... >I am trying to transform my PB 5.0 application into a Windows NT >service. My application opens a window, create a transpor...

Problem with MAPI under Powerbuilder 6.5 and Windows NT 4
Hi, I have developed an application that sends mail via a Microsoft Exchange Server using the MAPI commands within Powerbuilder. The application works fine under Windows 95 and sends the mail as expected. When I attempt to run the application on any Windows NT 4.0 machine I receive a Microsoft Exchange error with the message. 'Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable'. I have attempted to use the MAPI example provided with Powerbuilder and also receive the same error message. Can anybody help? Thanks Paul paul_merlin@hotmail.com That usually means ...

powerbuilder 6.5 window plugin no longer works in IE5 Service Pack 2
Does anyone know a solution to the problem that the Powerbuilder 6.5 window plugin does not work due to changes Microsoft have made in IE5 Service Pack 2 - IE6 will cause the same problem There is an article at htttp://rosetta.berkeley.edu/wwwboard/messages/128.html that explains what Microsoft have gone and done but basically my web based application does not work and I have people complaining. Go to this sybase article http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1014270 <steve_barfield> wrote in message news:97900B303143427600667AFE85256AE9.00667B2785256AE9@webforums... >...

ASA 7.0.1.918 with NT 4.0 Service Pack 6
Hi all, I have a client who is having this problem that he starts the database server on his NT 4 machine but none of the client applications can connect to it. I have checked the database , it works fine with local engine (dbeng7.exe) and applications can connect to it without any problem , when i start it within the Server , applications cant connect to it , infact even applications running on the same NT 4 machine cant connect to it ( using any of TCPIP,netbios, named pipes or shared memory protocols) , this is really strange. I have implemented this successfully with the same con...

PowerBuilder 4.x/5.x and Windows 98
I have been running apps built on PB 4.x/5.x for *ages*, also after upgrading my Windows95 to W98. However, yesterday I swapped the hard drive for a larger one, thus I did a fresh Win98 install, *not* an upgrade. I.e. no remainders from Win95 around. This time, PB4.x/5.x install OK, but refuse to start. 4.x reports "a device connected to your system is not functioning properly" and 5.x reports "initialization failure. Cannot start". This is a *bit* annoying, since I rely on the PB4 app to pay my bills which are soon overdue... Anyone with similar experience? Grateful...

Powerbuilder 6.x connectivity to ODBCJT32.DLL (ver 4.x)??
I'm using PB 6.x and having problems connecting to datasources that use ODBCJT32.DLL (ver 4.x). If the odbcjt32.dll file is replaced with an older version (ver 3.5x) then it works fine. Is there a way around this connectivity issue without replacing the file? Is there a section in the PBODBC60.INI file that can be added to help...and if so, does anyone have that information? Are there other issues to be concerned about? Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Christian Fordham ETS, Inc. ...

PB 4 and Windows NT 4.0 service pack 5
Hello, We have a pressing problem here ... having upgraded some clients to Windows NT Service Pack 5 (to prepare for Y2K), our most important finance application has started behaving strangely. When a dropdown list box datawindow column loses focus, the column is blanked out. I suspect the PB4dknti depolyment kit is not fully compatible with the new NT service pack. The deployment kit is dated 03-04-96. Does anyone have a newer version they could share with us, or do you have a workaround ? Thanks in advance, Jesper Hostrup Hansen WHO/Regional Office for Europe jhh@who.dk ...

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

ASA 6.X as service on NT 4, NT will not reboot wihout user intervention ???
Hi, out there I have ASA 6.03 running as a service on an NT 4 machine ... when the user wants to reboot his machine, ASA always comes up with a message that ASA is still running and asks if it can shutdown... how can i prevent the message from poping up..and interupting the reboot regards, Wim In the service control panel, uncheck the INTERACT with DESKTOP checkbox. If you want to see the console, use dbwatch.exe ( on sqla 5.5, don't know the name for asa6) HTH Philip "Wim Mintiens" <wim.mintiens@prodata-systems.be> wrote in message news:DCtc...

Powerbuilder 7 (NT) to Powerbuilder 8 (win2000) has migration issues
I work for a company called Stanley Associates, and we have independent applications that were created under powerbuilder. Up until recently we had been using PB7 without any problems or compilation errors. Upon creating a new workspace, adding a target, and doing the initial rebuild, we ran into several information statements and even some errors in our migration/compilation. Silly statements like window name is invalid due to global variable of same type, or incomatible types in assignment. several erorrs and information that make no sense, yet never came up in version 7. What ar...

Can't start X windows when the openSUSE11.4 kernel update to 2.6.37.6-0.7
Last night,I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.37.6-0.7,when I reboot the system it can't start X windows. the logfile: /var/log/Xorg.0.log no drivers not srceen found Who can help me? -- ldonger ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ldonger;2371011 Wrote: > Last night,I upgraded the kernel to 2.6.37.6-0.7,when I reboot the > system it can't start X windows. > the logfile: /var/log/Xorg.0.log > no drivers > not srceen found > Can you reboot with FailSafe setting ? Can you reboot with the grub menu bo...

Running PowerBuilder 7.x app under Windows ME
Anybody know what the official status is with PowerBuilder 7.0.x projects running under Windows Me??? The IS department here just updated some of our users machines to Window Me, and I can't find anything about Sybase's official position for running a PowerBuilder application on a Windows Me machine. TIA for any information on this. Jeff Gibson Intercept Solutions Nashville, TN AFAIK This is not a supported platform. According to the Installation Guide, NT 4 or higher or Win 95 or Win98 are the required platforms. If you have a problem specific to WinME, you will ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 7.x and Windows NT 4 Service Pack 6 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles