PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1

Hello,

We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB
6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you
could post in any usergroups

Background:

There is a window  w_child inherited from w_parent.The
datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in
Sybase ASE 12.5
In ue_1 of w_parent there is a  dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2).
ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child
the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0  based on
which it decides on the execution flow.

Issue:

While running the application, no rows are getting
retrived.The same happens in debug mode too. [COLOR=Blue]But
when we have "dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2)" as a watch variable
in the debug mode the row is currectly getting
retrieved.[/COLOR]

In PB6.5 everything was working fine.

Please let me know if you have encountered a similar problem
and what the possible resolution could be.

Thanks,
Reni
rreni@email.cognizant.com
0
Reni

What is Retrieve returning? Anything in the DBError arguments?

<Reni> wrote in message news:414862eb.1eaa.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB
> 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you
> could post in any usergroups
>
> Background:
>
> There is a window  w_child inherited from w_parent.The
> datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in
> Sybase ASE 12.5
> In ue_1 of w_parent there is a  dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2).
> ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child
> the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0  based on
> which it decides on the execution flow.
>
> Issue:
>
> While running the application, no rows are getting
> retrived.The same happens in debug mode too. [COLOR=Blue]But
> when we have "dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2)" as a watch variable
> in the debug mode the row is currectly getting
> retrieved.[/COLOR]
>
> In PB6.5 everything was working fine.
>
> Please let me know if you have encountered a similar problem
> and what the possible resolution could be.
>
> Thanks,
> Reni
> rreni@email.cognizant.com

0
Jerry
9/15/2004 4:41:21 PM
Retrieve returns 0.
The sqlcode & sqldbcode for the transaction is 0.

> What is Retrieve returning? Anything in the DBError
> arguments?
>
> <Reni> wrote in message
> > news:414862eb.1eaa.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> >
> > We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from
> > PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping
> > if you could post in any usergroups
> >
> > Background:
> >
> > There is a window  w_child inherited from w_parent.The
> > datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs
> > in Sybase ASE 12.5
> > In ue_1 of w_parent there is a  dw_1.retrieve(arg1
> > ,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1
> > of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount()
> > >0  based on which it decides on the execution flow.
> >
> > Issue:
> >
> > While running the application, no rows are getting
> > retrived.The same happens in debug mode too.
> > [COLOR=Blue]But when we have "dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2)"
> > as a watch variable in the debug mode the row is
> > currectly getting retrieved.[/COLOR]
> >
> > In PB6.5 everything was working fine.
> >
> > Please let me know if you have encountered a similar
> > problem and what the possible resolution could be.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Reni
> > rreni@email.cognizant.com

0
GE
9/17/2004 9:53:04 AM
It almost sounds like the DataWindow is missing. Any chance the
library path is excluding the PBL containing the DataWindow? Can you
do an InsertRow() or Describe("datawindow.syntax") to ensure the
DataWindow, and the correct DataWindow, is there?

Good luck,

On 15 Sep 2004 08:42:35 -0700, Reni wrote:

>We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB
>6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you
>could post in any usergroups
>
>Background:
>
>There is a window  w_child inherited from w_parent.The
>datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in
>Sybase ASE 12.5
>In ue_1 of w_parent there is a  dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2).
>ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child
>the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0  based on
>which it decides on the execution flow.
>
>Issue:
>
>While running the application, no rows are getting
>retrived.The same happens in debug mode too. [COLOR=Blue]But
>when we have "dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2)" as a watch variable
>in the debug mode the row is currectly getting
>retrieved.[/COLOR]
>
>In PB6.5 everything was working fine.
>
>Please let me know if you have encountered a similar problem
>and what the possible resolution could be.

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=

**************************
Vote NOW until the end of September for the enhancements you want to see in PFC-OS release 1
http://pfc.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectIssues
Vote early. Vote often.
**************************
0
Terry

The Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0
All, I am looking for any information you would have on the Complexity and Effort to Upgrade from PowerBuilder 5.0 to PowerBuilder 9.0. We are scoping out initial effort estimate documents and workplans. thanks- Brian I would start by searching this ng. Many folks have replied to questions regarding migrations from 8 to 9, 7 to 9, 6 to 9 etc. The notes may not answer all your questions but still should give you some valuable insight HTH Greg <Brian Hauss> wrote in message news:40c09b93.4a25.1681692777@sybase.com... > All, > I am looking for any information y...

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

PD 9.5.1.765 Build EBF3 and PowerBuilder 6.5.1
I reverse engineered some objects into PD 9.5.1.765 Build EBF3 from PB 6.5.1. If you look at the preview, it's wrong. global type u_ahs_em from u_em event type integer ue_set_readonly(boolean ab_readonly) ( ) event pfc_selectall pfc_selectall event type integer pfc_updatespending(powerobject apo_control[], ref powerobject apo_pending[]) ( ) event type integer pfc_accepttext(powerobject apo_control[], boolean ab_focusonerror) ( ) event type integer pfc_validation(powerobject apo_control[]) ( ) event type integer pfc_updateprep(powerobject apo_control[]) ( ) event type integer ...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Converting current code (Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to newest version of Powerbuilder?
Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing code (applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code (applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our applications to the web? Thanks Look in this newsgroup aroung 01/08/02 for "Applications on the Web" (started by "John") for a good stream of information. JKerstens <John.Kerstens@gnb.ca> wrot...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Migration: PowerBuilder 6.5.1 to PB 8.0.1
hi all, I am working on migrating the existing PB6.5.1 application to PB8.0.1 Build 9056 on Win 2000 SP1 system. The migration of the application went fine without any problems. After the migration is successful I tried to full rebuild the application(target as in PB8), it results in application being terminated(GPF). But if i choose Incremental rebuild, it the build works fine. The same happens when I try migration on Win 95 system too. Does anybody out here came across such a problem during migration? Thanks in advance for your help/advice. Mahesh Try optimi...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

EAServer 5.1 with PowerBuilder 9.0.1(build 7236)
Hi We have recently migrated our PB7.0.3(build 10213) application and PB components to PB9.0.1 (build 7236). At the same time we have installed EAServer 5.1. The build version of the PB dll's on EAServer 5.1 is build 6533. When I try to run the PB application i get the following error message when it tries to call a PB component on EAServer: SystemException: TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK (lotteri/n_blob_saksbehandler/of_b_get_logindata - jagadmin@10.1.19.24) This error gets logged on EAServer so it seams that PB can communicate with EAServer. Since this didn't work we tried t...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles