PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0

Hi,

        I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if
I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not
work if I am connected to MS SQL Server!
The code is something like:

int li_total

Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total;

I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the
same code will work fine with SQL Anywere!

Any help would be great!!

0
John

Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax.  Maybe something
that works in SQL Anywhere.  Anyway, it should be:
Select count(*) into :li_total from sfref;

Simon

John Holben wrote in message ...
>Hi,
>
>        I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine
if
>I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not
>work if I am connected to MS SQL Server!
>The code is something like:
>
>int li_total
>
>Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total;
>
>I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the
>same code will work fine with SQL Anywere!
>
>Any help would be great!!

0
Simon

Could you please send me your connection parameters?
We are trying to connect with MS SQL 7.0 from PB 6.0/6.5 via ODBC, but with
every SELECT statement we get an error:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range.

Thanks in advance

0
Darek
10/27/1998 8:52:27 AM
I have found similar problems to you all. I am hoping it is a bug in Beta 3
of SQL server 7.0 ODBC Driver. Something to do with it getting its data
types in a twist. I have been using the MSS SQL server 6.x interface to test
with.

0
Clive
10/27/1998 6:03:59 PM
I'm getting the same error.   If anyone has the resolution to this, I would
greatly appreciate it?  It seems that some people are able to work with 7.0
based on their comments.
TIA

Darek Rzesiowski wrote in message <7sL7f1XA#GA.288@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Hi,
>
>Could you please send me your connection parameters?
>We are trying to connect with MS SQL 7.0 from PB 6.0/6.5 via ODBC, but with
>every SELECT statement we get an error:
>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Program type out of range.
>
>Thanks in advance

0
Larry