Powerbuilder 11.5, SQL Server Native Client 10 TrimSpaces

Would anybody happen to know about or have heard anything
about any issues with Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL Server
Native Client 10 where the TrimSpaces=1 dbparm option does
not work as supposed to? The documentation says it's
supposed to trim trailing spaces from char and varchar types
if this is set to 1 but it doesn't seem to work for me. This
apparently used to be the default behavior for Powerbuilder
9 and SQL Server 7 but it is no longer working that way for
Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL Server Native Client 10. Does
anybody know how I can get this behavior to work as it did
before with Powerbuilder 9 and SQL Server 7?
0
Steve

OK I've figured out why my dbparm was getting corrupted. So
TrimSpaces=1 does work. However I want to point out as FYI
to everyone that this is not the default behavior. If you
want the trim trailing spaces from char and varchar to be
enabled, you MUST put TrimSpaces=1 in your dbparm. The PB
documentation says that TrimSpaces=1 is default but it is
not. TrimSpaces=0 is actually default.

> Would anybody happen to know about or have heard anything
> about any issues with Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL Server
> Native Client 10 where the TrimSpaces=1 dbparm option does
> not work as supposed to? The documentation says it's
> supposed to trim trailing spaces from char and varchar
> types if this is set to 1 but it doesn't seem to work for
> me. This apparently used to be the default behavior for
> Powerbuilder 9 and SQL Server 7 but it is no longer
> working that way for Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL Server
> Native Client 10. Does anybody know how I can get this
> behavior to work as it did before with Powerbuilder 9 and
> SQL Server 7?
0
Steve
12/6/2010 5:37:44 PM
If you look purely at the Syntax section, then the Help is definitely
misleading.  But look under the Default section and you can see that 0 is
the default value for the SNC driver:

TrimSpaces=0 (O90, O10, SNC and IN9) or TrimSpaces=1 (DIR, ASE, and SYC).
For JDBC, the default values depend on the PBTrimCharColumns value in the
registry. For ODBC, the default values depend on the PBTrimCharColumns value
in the PBODBnnn.INI file. (If the PBTrimCharColumns keyword is missing for a
particular database connection, the default value for the ODBC interface is
TrimSpaces=0.)

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Steve Semmel" wrote in message news:4cfd1f68.1ea9.1681692777@sybase.com...

OK I've figured out why my dbparm was getting corrupted. So
TrimSpaces=1 does work. However I want to point out as FYI
to everyone that this is not the default behavior. If you
want the trim trailing spaces from char and varchar to be
enabled, you MUST put TrimSpaces=1 in your dbparm. The PB
documentation says that TrimSpaces=1 is default but it is
not. TrimSpaces=0 is actually default.

> Would anybody happen to know about or have heard anything
> about any issues with Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL Server
> Native Client 10 where the TrimSpaces=1 dbparm option does
> not work as supposed to? The documentation says it's
> supposed to trim trailing spaces from char and varchar
> types if this is set to 1 but it doesn't seem to work for
> me. This apparently used to be the default behavior for
> Powerbuilder 9 and SQL Server 7 but it is no longer
> working that way for Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL Server
> Native Client 10. Does anybody know how I can get this
> behavior to work as it did before with Powerbuilder 9 and
> SQL Server 7?

0
Terry
12/6/2010 5:52:08 PM
Thanks Terry for pointing that out.

Regards,
Steve

> If you look purely at the Syntax section, then the Help is
> definitely  misleading.  But look under the Default
> section and you can see that 0 is  the default value for
> the SNC driver:

> TrimSpaces=0 (O90, O10, SNC and IN9) or TrimSpaces=1 (DIR,
> ASE, and SYC).  For JDBC, the default values depend on the
> PBTrimCharColumns value in the  registry. For ODBC, the
> default values depend on the PBTrimCharColumns value  in
> the PBODBnnn.INI file. (If the PBTrimCharColumns keyword
> is missing for a  particular database connection, the
> default value for the ODBC interface is  TrimSpaces=0.)
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Steve Semmel" wrote in message
>
> OK I've figured out why my dbparm was getting corrupted.
> So TrimSpaces=1 does work. However I want to point out as
> FYI to everyone that this is not the default behavior. If
> you want the trim trailing spaces from char and varchar to
> be enabled, you MUST put TrimSpaces=1 in your dbparm. The
> PB documentation says that TrimSpaces=1 is default but it
> is not. TrimSpaces=0 is actually default.
>
> > Would anybody happen to know about or have heard
> > anything about any issues with Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL
> > Server Native Client 10 where the TrimSpaces=1 dbparm
> > option does not work as supposed to? The documentation
> > says it's supposed to trim trailing spaces from char and
> > varchar types if this is set to 1 but it doesn't seem to
> > work for me. This apparently used to be the default
> > behavior for Powerbuilder 9 and SQL Server 7 but it is
> > no longer working that way for Powerbuilder 11.5 and SQL
> > Server Native Client 10. Does anybody know how I can get
> > this behavior to work as it did before with Powerbuilder
> > 9 and SQL Server 7?

0
Steve

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Powerbuilder 10.5
I am trying to connect to SQL Server 2000 from PB 10.5 and it gives me error "DBMS MSS is not supported in your current installation." Can anyone help me with this ? I do not see any Native DLLs from Powerbuilder 10.5 for SQL Server 2000. How do I use OLEDB Drivers for this ? try using this... SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='Server=server1;UID=username;PWD=pass;Driver=SQL Server;Database=dbname'" hope this help mike <ADuvvuru> wrote in message news:46bb9f7b.1420.1681692777@sybase....

powerbuilder 10.2 or 11.5, webservice client and cookie
We use powerbuilder to build a web service client. I got it working for 8 webservices (easysoap and .Net). For 1 it failed. I asked more information and they told me: In Authentication we set a cookie. In it is the encrypted session id. In the next functions we retrieve the cookie, decrypt it and compare it with the session id. Is this supported in powerbuilder 10.2 or 11.5 and should we do something special? Thanks Eric I will repost it in the webservice newsgroup. I am having more problems with the .net webservices. Thanks Eric ontsnapt wrote: > We use power...

SSRS SQL SERVER Reporting Service with Powerbuilder 11.5
Is there is any way that I can integrate SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service) with an Existing Powerbuilder 11.5 application? We would like to show the predefined executive reports from SSRS when our application opens up as an DASHBOARD?. Any help appreciated. Thanks Ganesh ...

Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5
Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. Does this sound about right at all? Many Thanks Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25 applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at least). The only cav...

SQL Anywhere & Powerbuilder 5.0 in Client/Server scenario
Hello all, I am using SQL Anywhere in a client/server setup with a powerbuilder application I am writing to schedule appointments. My issue is that I have several workstations scheduling appointments at the same time and I am not sure how to get the data window on one machine updated with a change that happened on the other machine. All assistance is apreciated. Thanks, Tony Langenstein Not sure exactly what you need. To sync a datawindow to the database, just retrieve the data. You can have the timer event do this periodically. This can cause problems in the middle of...

PowerBuilder 11.5 does not disconnect from SQL Server 2005 using ADO.Net
Hi. I'm work with PowerBuilder 11.5 Build 4566 and SQLServer 2005 SP2 and try to disconnect using sqlca; but don`t work using ADO.Net driver. Help me please. Thanks Marcelo Pe�ailillo ...

powerbuilder 11.5 & sql server 2008: update nvarchar(max) column
Hello, I have a sql server 2008 database with a table containing a nvarchar (max) table. When I am using powerbuilder 11.5 and datawindows to insert data into this table, I do not have any problems. If I want to update the data though, I get the error "The data types nvarchar(max) and ntext are inompatible in the equal operator". The update properties of my datawindow are set to "key and updateable columns". If I set the update properties of my datawindow to "key columns only" I do not have any problems, but I would like to avoid this because it can cau...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Powerbuilder 11.5 Executable : Error loading client library DLLs. Unable to connect to server
I migrated from PB 8.0 to PB 11.5 successfully but I cannot run the executable I built from PB 11.5. The error is "Error loading client library DLLs. Unable to connect to server" . If I run the program from design mode it is fine but only with the executable. I have also tried runtime packager to build all the needed dlls but yet the problem persist.Can somebody help me out? You might try something like "listdlls" from sysinternals to see what dlls are actually loaded when you execute your application. There are a couple of new dlls that are required over the ones...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 11.5, SQL Server Native Client 10 TrimSpaces - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles