Powerbuilder 11.5/EAServer5.5 ConnectToServer

OK, I don't have to configure development stations every day
in fact the last time was 4+ years ago.  I know this is
simple but it's not coming to me at the moment.

I've installed Powerbuilder 11.5.  I've installed EAServer
5.5.  I can connect to my server through EAServer manager.
I can deploy objects from PB into EAServer.  When I run my
application, I'm getting a connecttoserver error 57, not
connected to the server.

application = 'PACKAGE01'    /* Package on EAServer
connectstring = ''
location = 'laptop:9000'     /* EAserver location and iiop
port
options = ''
password = 'password'        /* password for logging in
userid = 'userid'            /* userid for logging in

All of my connection settings are correct but for some
reason it's not finding the server.  I know I've had this
problem before but I can't remember back 4+ years ago.  Do I
need to add a driver to a specific directory or add
something to a config/ini file?

It's something simple but it's elluding me.

Shawn
0
Shawn

Few other notes...

1.  I'm configuring my Vista Ultimate (64 bit) laptop and
this is the first time I've ever tried making this
connecttoserver call on this platform.  I don't think this
matters but it's worth mentioning.

2.  When connecttoserver is requested, it takes a little
while before it finally fails with error 57.  Last I knew,
if it were finding the server and there was some other issue
(uid/pwd/etc) then it would fail quickly.  The delay implies
that it's trying a few times to find the server which it is
failing to do.

Shawn

> OK, I don't have to configure development stations every
> day in fact the last time was 4+ years ago.  I know this
> is simple but it's not coming to me at the moment.
>
> I've installed Powerbuilder 11.5.  I've installed EAServer
> 5.5.  I can connect to my server through EAServer manager.
> I can deploy objects from PB into EAServer.  When I run my
> application, I'm getting a connecttoserver error 57, not
> connected to the server.
>
> application = 'PACKAGE01'    /* Package on EAServer
> connectstring = ''
> location = 'laptop:9000'     /* EAserver location and iiop
> port
> options = ''
> password = 'password'        /* password for logging in
> userid = 'userid'            /* userid for logging in
>
> All of my connection settings are correct but for some
> reason it's not finding the server.  I know I've had this
> problem before but I can't remember back 4+ years ago.  Do
> I need to add a driver to a specific directory or add
> something to a config/ini file?
>
> It's something simple but it's elluding me.
>
> Shawn
0
Shawn
10/8/2009 4:32:47 PM
Hi Shawn;

    Here is my EAS 6.2 / 6.3 example code FYR:

Long   ll_rc
io_co  = CREATE Connection
io_co.application = "ws"
io_co.driver = "jaguar"
io_co.location = "B030978:2000"
io_co.userID = "admin@system"
io_co.password = "xxxxxxxx"

IF ll_rc <> 0 THEN
   MessageBox("Connection failed", ll_rc)
else
 MessageBox("Connection Worked", "Yippee!")
 io_co.Disconnectserver( )
END IF

The only difference for EAS 5.5 will be the port (probably 9000 for IIOP),
user id (looks more conventional like you had) and setting the driver to
"Jaguar" (which you seem to have missed).

Note: You should be able to substitute "localhost" for your machine name of
"laptop" if EAS is on the same PC.

HTH

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

<Shawn> wrote in message news:4ace12f0.6d6.1681692777@sybase.com...
> OK, I don't have to configure development stations every day
> in fact the last time was 4+ years ago.  I know this is
> simple but it's not coming to me at the moment.
>
> I've installed Powerbuilder 11.5.  I've installed EAServer
> 5.5.  I can connect to my server through EAServer manager.
> I can deploy objects from PB into EAServer.  When I run my
> application, I'm getting a connecttoserver error 57, not
> connected to the server.
>
> application = 'PACKAGE01'    /* Package on EAServer
> connectstring = ''
> location = 'laptop:9000'     /* EAserver location and iiop
> port
> options = ''
> password = 'password'        /* password for logging in
> userid = 'userid'            /* userid for logging in
>
> All of my connection settings are correct but for some
> reason it's not finding the server.  I know I've had this
> problem before but I can't remember back 4+ years ago.  Do I
> need to add a driver to a specific directory or add
> something to a config/ini file?
>
> It's something simple but it's elluding me.
>
> Shawn

0
Chris
10/8/2009 5:48:25 PM
I did forget the driver but only the details I posted below.
 It is included in my connection settings, I just forgot to
list it.  I think I realize now what the problem is/was.  I
didn't want to use the default port (9000) so inside
EAserver Manager, I created an alternate IIOP listener on
say port 9001.  I went back to using port 9000 in my
application and now my connection works.  When I have the
application use port 9001, it fails with connecttoserver
error 57.  Is is necessary to customize any other files
(like sql.ini) when you add custom ports manually in
EAServer manager?

Shawn

> Hi Shawn;
>
>     Here is my EAS 6.2 / 6.3 example code FYR:
>
> Long   ll_rc
> io_co  = CREATE Connection
> io_co.application = "ws"
> io_co.driver = "jaguar"
> io_co.location = "B030978:2000"
> io_co.userID = "admin@system"
> io_co.password = "xxxxxxxx"
>
> IF ll_rc <> 0 THEN
>    MessageBox("Connection failed", ll_rc)
> else
>  MessageBox("Connection Worked", "Yippee!")
>  io_co.Disconnectserver( )
> END IF
>
> The only difference for EAS 5.5 will be the port (probably
> 9000 for IIOP),  user id (looks more conventional like you
> had) and setting the driver to  "Jaguar" (which you seem
> to have missed).
>
> Note: You should be able to substitute "localhost" for
> your machine name of  "laptop" if EAS is on the same PC.
>
> HTH
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>

> <Shawn> wrote in message
> > news:4ace12f0.6d6.1681692777@sybase.com... OK, I don't
> > have to configure development stations every day in fact
> > the last time was 4+ years ago.  I know this is simple
> but it's not coming to me at the moment. >
> > I've installed Powerbuilder 11.5.  I've installed
> > EAServer 5.5.  I can connect to my server through
> > EAServer manager. I can deploy objects from PB into
> > EAServer.  When I run my application, I'm getting a
> > connecttoserver error 57, not connected to the server.
> >
> > application = 'PACKAGE01'    /* Package on EAServer
> > connectstring = ''
> > location = 'laptop:9000'     /* EAserver location and
> > iiop port
> > options = ''
> > password = 'password'        /* password for logging in
> > userid = 'userid'            /* userid for logging in
> >
> > All of my connection settings are correct but for some
> > reason it's not finding the server.  I know I've had
> > this problem before but I can't remember back 4+ years
> > ago.  Do I need to add a driver to a specific directory
> > or add something to a config/ini file?
> >
> > It's something simple but it's elluding me.
> >
> > Shawn

0
Shawn
10/8/2009 6:23:59 PM
Do you have to stop and restart Jaguar to get new listeners
to work?  I could have swore I did that before trying to run
my Powerbuilder application.  I fear I may not have done
that though because now my application is getting through
and connecting to my custom-port IIOP listener.  Chalk that
up as potentially being developer error.  To answer my own
question, it doesn't appear as though you need anything
other than to properly define the listener AND THEN BEFORE
USING IT, stopping and restarting your Jaguar server.

Shawn

> I did forget the driver but only the details I posted
> below.
>  It is included in my connection settings, I just forgot
> to list it.  I think I realize now what the problem
> is/was.  I didn't want to use the default port (9000) so
> inside EAserver Manager, I created an alternate IIOP
> listener on say port 9001.  I went back to using port 9000
> in my application and now my connection works.  When I
> have the application use port 9001, it fails with
> connecttoserver error 57.  Is is necessary to customize
> any other files (like sql.ini) when you add custom ports
> manually in EAServer manager?
>
> Shawn
>

> > Hi Shawn;
> >
> >     Here is my EAS 6.2 / 6.3 example code FYR:
> >
> > Long   ll_rc
> > io_co  = CREATE Connection
> > io_co.application = "ws"
> > io_co.driver = "jaguar"
> > io_co.location = "B030978:2000"
> > io_co.userID = "admin@system"
> > io_co.password = "xxxxxxxx"
> >
> > IF ll_rc <> 0 THEN
> >    MessageBox("Connection failed", ll_rc)
> > else
> >  MessageBox("Connection Worked", "Yippee!")
> >  io_co.Disconnectserver( )
> > END IF
> >
> > The only difference for EAS 5.5 will be the port
> > (probably 9000 for IIOP),  user id (looks more
> > conventional like you had) and setting the driver to
> > "Jaguar" (which you seem to have missed).
> >
> > Note: You should be able to substitute "localhost" for
> > your machine name of  "laptop" if EAS is on the same PC.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > --
> > Regards ... Chris
> > ISUG - NA RUG Director
> > http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> >

> > <Shawn> wrote in message
> > > news:4ace12f0.6d6.1681692777@sybase.com... OK, I don't
> > > have to configure development stations every day in
> > > fact the last time was 4+ years ago.  I know this is
> > simple but it's not coming to me at the moment. >
> > > I've installed Powerbuilder 11.5.  I've installed
> > > EAServer 5.5.  I can connect to my server through
> > > EAServer manager. I can deploy objects from PB into
> > > EAServer.  When I run my application, I'm getting a
> > > connecttoserver error 57, not connected to the server.
> > >
> > > application = 'PACKAGE01'    /* Package on EAServer
> > > connectstring = ''
> > > location = 'laptop:9000'     /* EAserver location and
> > > iiop port
> > > options = ''
> > > password = 'password'        /* password for logging
> > > in userid = 'userid'            /* userid for logging
> > in >
> > > All of my connection settings are correct but for some
> > > reason it's not finding the server.  I know I've had
> > > this problem before but I can't remember back 4+ years
> > > ago.  Do I need to add a driver to a specific
> > > directory or add something to a config/ini file?
> > >
> > > It's something simple but it's elluding me.
> > >
> > > Shawn

0
Shawn

Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5
Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. Does this sound about right at all? Many Thanks Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25 applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at least). The only cav...

11.5 on NT & Powerbuilder 5.0 connection from Win95
I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTRAL but can't connect from PB 5.0.3. I would like to connect using the native drivers but ODBC would also be ok. Any ideas where I could look for an answer???? Thanks, Allan On Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:54:25 -0600, Allan Lindsay <summit@mc.net> wrote: >I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes >and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). >From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTR...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

PowerBuilder 6.5 & Groupwise 5.5 on Windows 95
> I am having problems with my powerbuilder 6.5 email > application. All I want > to do is send emails out from my app to groupwise > 5.5 to email our list > server. The code I used worked perfectly with > Mircosoft Outlook but the > clients were developing the software for, use > Groupwise 5.5. The program I > developed doesnt come up with any errors when it > tries to communicate with > groupwise. I test for everything the log on to the > mail session and to check > to see if it has been sent and the return codes are > all ...

Remote Debugging in EAS 5.5 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I just wanted the thank the user group for its help and input on remote debugging. The comments were helpful and ogt me finally going on debugging remote objects on EAS. i might add that I still had deployment problems in Powerbuilder 10.5.1. The properties for the deployed compent would be selectable in the but the debug property in the property file would be false. Strangely enough, it would show up in the component to debug list as selectable. I had event delete the component, made sure the remote debugging checkbox was not selected, and the component would still deploy as thou...

Groupwise 5.5 and 16 bit Powerbuilder 5.0.04
An application developed in 16 bit Powerbuilder 5.0.04 with functionality to send email through Groupwise 4 is not able to send email through Groupwise 5.5 ( message box stating "Can not log on to email program"). Is this a 16 bit vs 32 bit problem? Are there any fixes? Thanks Hi Ron, If Groupwise 5.5 is a 32 bit application then this will not work with a PB 5.0.4 16 bit application. This is not a PB issue but an operating system limitation. Pat Steinhardt Sybase Powerbuilder Product Support Ron Connors wrote: > An application developed in 16 bit P...

OpenSuSE 11.4 -> 11.5 with myaql upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5
Hi! I have upgraded my OpenSuSE-11.4 to 12.1 which includes an upgrade of my mysql from 5.1 to 5.5 and I have made a big mistake and not made an mysqldump of my database. Unfortunately now my mysql isn't starting and I get the message: 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: The InnoDB memory heap is disabled 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Mutexes and rw_locks use GCC atomic builtins 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Compressed tables use zlib 1.2.5 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Initializing buffer pool, size = 128.0M 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: Completed initialization of buffer pool 120409 16:27:38 InnoDB: highe...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

Powerbuilder 11.5
Am I entitle to get a free upgrade to PB 11.5 if I have PB 11.2 and above? If yes, where can I download the released PB 11.5 copy? Thanks, Kevin No. PB 11.5 is a major release. There isn't a "free" upgrade to it unless you have a USP support plan. On 17 Sep 2008 11:39:08 -0700, "Kevin D" <dinhk@yahoo.com> wrote: >Am I entitle to get a free upgrade to PB 11.5 if I have PB 11.2 and above? > >If yes, where can I download the released PB 11.5 copy? > >Thanks, >Kevin > ...

Powerbuilder 11.5
Hi, Does anyone happen to know if Powerbuilder 11.5 is going to be a maintenance release or is a new version ... like 10.5 was to Powerbuilder 10? Thanks Jim ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Both <g> It's a maintenance release, in terms of it not being a chargeable release to those who own PB11 licenses. HOWEVER, it's also a 'major release' in that it will require a migration AND will result in the end-of-life of PB 10.5. So, if you own 11 now, you'll get 11.5 for free, bu...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

SQL Anywhere 11 and PowerBuilder 11.5.1
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 11.5/EAServer5.5 ConnectToServer - sybase.powerbuilder.general