Powerbuilder 11.1 crashes when loading a DW using SQL Server ODBC driver

---=_forums-1-dub482b59ff

Since updgrading to PB 11.1 my script that loads a
datawindow will make my application crash.  Basically I'm
select.  I'm connected to a SQL Server database using the
SQL Server ODBC driver.  If the result set of my select
statement returns only one row, it writes inserts the row
into the datawindow without a problem.  If the result set
returns more that one row, the application crashes when I
try to insert the first row into the datawindow.   Again,
this code has been worked prior to 11.1.  I upgraded to 11.2
today hoping that this issue may have been fixed but still
get the same results. Attached is a sample of the script
that I'm using.

---=_forums-1-dub482b59ff
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---=_forums-1-dub482b59ff--
0
Brad

A couple of questions:

1. What do you mean by "crash?" Any message? Is the last line of
script proven out by a PBDEBUG trace?

2. Is there any reason why you aren't doing this with a SQL-based
DataWindow? From the script, I don't see any reason, unless you *want*
to slow your application down. <g> Converting it to a normal
DataWindow may solve your problem.

For other ideas, the Troubleshooting Guide on my site (see below) may
inspire some ideas.

BTW, just as a tip for newsgroup usage, you'd probably get more
eyeballs if you pasted the script into the text of the message,
instead of attaching it as an encoded attachment. A lot of people
won't launch attachments, for security reasons or just to avoid the
nuisance.

Good luck,

On 14 May 2008 14:30:39 -0700, Brad L. wrote:

>Since updgrading to PB 11.1 my script that loads a
>datawindow will make my application crash.  Basically I'm
>select.  I'm connected to a SQL Server database using the
>SQL Server ODBC driver.  If the result set of my select
>statement returns only one row, it writes inserts the row
>into the datawindow without a problem.  If the result set
>returns more that one row, the application crashes when I
>try to insert the first row into the datawindow.   Again,
>this code has been worked prior to 11.1.  I upgraded to 11.2
>today hoping that this issue may have been fixed but still
>get the same results. Attached is a sample of the script
>that I'm using.

*********************************
Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
http://www.freerice.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated April 2/2008
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
5/15/2008 2:10:27 AM
1. When I said crash. I get the windows Program stopped
working message box.

2. This is code that was written probably about 10 years ago
and has been working fine up until now.  The file that gets
queried is not that big so performance is not an issue.  Our
application needs to be be able to connect to databases on
different platforms and this approach seemed to be a good
idea at the time.  I've been able to run this over an AS400
database.  I've also got this to work over a SQL Server 2005
database using the native SQL driver but I hade to set the
MARS_connection parameter to yes.  I think that this may
have something to do with it.

> A couple of questions:
>
> 1. What do you mean by "crash?" Any message? Is the last
> line of script proven out by a PBDEBUG trace?
>
> 2. Is there any reason why you aren't doing this with a
> SQL-based DataWindow? From the script, I don't see any
> reason, unless you *want* to slow your application down.
> <g> Converting it to a normal DataWindow may solve your
> problem.
>
> For other ideas, the Troubleshooting Guide on my site (see
> below) may inspire some ideas.
>
> BTW, just as a tip for newsgroup usage, you'd probably get
> more eyeballs if you pasted the script into the text of
> the message, instead of attaching it as an encoded
> attachment. A lot of people won't launch attachments, for
> security reasons or just to avoid the nuisance.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 14 May 2008 14:30:39 -0700, Brad L. wrote:
>
> >Since updgrading to PB 11.1 my script that loads a
> >datawindow will make my application crash.  Basically I'm
> >select.  I'm connected to a SQL Server database using the
> >SQL Server ODBC driver.  If the result set of my select
> >statement returns only one row, it writes inserts the row
> >into the datawindow without a problem.  If the result set
> >returns more that one row, the application crashes when I
> >try to insert the first row into the datawindow.   Again,
> >this code has been worked prior to 11.1.  I upgraded to
> 11.2 >today hoping that this issue may have been fixed but
> still >get the same results. Attached is a sample of the
> script >that I'm using.
>
> *********************************
> Build your vocabulary while feeding the hungry
> http://www.freerice.com
> *********************************
> Newsgroup User Manual
> =====================
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's
> Toolkit.  Version 4.0.3 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures updated April 2/2008
> See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the
> Sandbox ^ ^
> o o
> =*=
0
Brad

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

powerbuilder odbc driver for MS sql server bug
Hello, We are using powerbuilder 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 and using ODBC for connection.We are encountered with no. of problems for different versions of ODBC drivers. all these versions of ODBC drivers have problems with embeded SQL. Listed as 1. One version of ODBC driver execute embeded sql or dw retrieve ( ) function slowly at exection time that of dw retrival in dw painter in the development environment which is about 12 times more faster. 2. Another ODBC driver speed up the embeded sql and dw retrieve () at exection time but the embeded sql containing the lock request becomes ...

Plans for PowerBuilder 11.1 and 11.1.1
I want to announce that we are planning an 11.1 release for November of this year and the new features will be Incremental compile for .NET targets, Informix 10 support, and completion of our QA testing on Vista Then in February of 2008 we plan to release 11.1.1 that adds AJAX Support for Web Forms applications (to minimize postbacks), EAServer ..NET Client support, RAD controls for Web Form applications, to replace the IE Web Controls. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase Good grief ! Informix 10 finally !!! ... Now that version 11 is almost out there. Well That's good news. ...

Using Intersolv 3.01 ODBC Drivers with PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi, Does anyone know if it possible to use the Intersolv 3.01 ODBC drivers with PowerBuilder 11.5? We are upgrading our apps from PB10.5 to PB11.5. The Intersolv ODBC drivers were okay in PB10.5 but no longer works in PB11.5. We got the Intersolv ODBC drivers with PB5 and have been using them with all the PB upgrades without any problems until PB11.5. When I try to use the Intersolv ODBC drivers with PB11.5 I get the following message =93[INTERSOLV][ODBC dBase driver]You are not licensed to use this INTERSOLV ODBC Driver under the license you have purchased. If you wish ...

PowerBuilder 11.5 does not disconnect from SQL Server 2005 using ADO.Net
Hi. I'm work with PowerBuilder 11.5 Build 4566 and SQLServer 2005 SP2 and try to disconnect using sqlca; but don`t work using ADO.Net driver. Help me please. Thanks Marcelo Pe�ailillo ...

Error using OdbcDataReader.ExecuteReader and Parameters...ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable
This seems to be a common problem but I have not seen any answers yet on this board.   I am porting over to using odbc because I have no choice with my Hosting company,  I was using basically the same code with the SQLDataReader and SQLCommand object and it was fine.  The below code will generate the error.  Help !! Unexpected exception: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Must declare the variable '@Role'.. string sql = String.Empty ;sql = "Select * from Associate where Role=@Role and Exit_Date > @Exit_Date";string connString = getConn...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Please see you original post. Tony wrote: > We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connec...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. ...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Sorry, is the the correct place to post my question? any TeamSybase member can help? Thanks Tony I thin...

My database application uses ODBC driver for MS SQL Server and DW. I created installation with InstallSheeld
My database application uses ODBC driver for MS SQL Server and DW. I created installation with InstallSheeld for O++ 1.5 and included both Intersolv ODBC and DW support. After installation on user's PC everything works fine but ODBC driver sends messages about copyright violation. I tried to setup my program on several PC's and got the same result. Would anyone suggest the right way of distribution ODBC drivers with O++ applacation? Regards, ...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 11.1 crashes when loading a DW using SQL Server ODBC driver - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles