Powerbuilder 11, DataDirect ODBC-Driver

Are the DataDirect ODBC drivers part of the Powerbuilder 11 installation?
How can i add the PB DataDirect ODBC drivers to an existing powerbuilder 11
installation?

0
Yan

No they are not included.   Technically speaking you are not licensed
to use the previously supplied DataDirect drivers with PowerBuilder
11.  If you need those drivers specifically, you'll have to purchase
them separate from PowerBuilder.

On 30 Sep 2007 11:31:52 -0700, "Yan" <yan.xu@gmx.de> wrote:

>Are the DataDirect ODBC drivers part of the Powerbuilder 11 installation?
>How can i add the PB DataDirect ODBC drivers to an existing powerbuilder 11
>installation?

0
Jim

ODBC drivers in PowerBuilder version 11.0
We use in PowerBuilder version 7.03 PB INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 32-BIT TextFile(*.*) driver for ODBC connection to txt database. Where can we find ODBC driver for this database in PowerBuilder version 11.0 ? OS version : Windows XP. ODBC is a standard that is totally independant from PowerBuilder. You should be able to use it from PB11 without any problems. <Zhenya Perelman> wrote in message news:46a8c790.2126.1681692777@sybase.com... > We use in PowerBuilder version 7.03 PB INTERSOLV > OEM 3.11 32-BIT TextFile(*.*) driver for ODBC > connection to txt database. > ...

Using Intersolv 3.01 ODBC Drivers with PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi, Does anyone know if it possible to use the Intersolv 3.01 ODBC drivers with PowerBuilder 11.5? We are upgrading our apps from PB10.5 to PB11.5. The Intersolv ODBC drivers were okay in PB10.5 but no longer works in PB11.5. We got the Intersolv ODBC drivers with PB5 and have been using them with all the PB upgrades without any problems until PB11.5. When I try to use the Intersolv ODBC drivers with PB11.5 I get the following message =93[INTERSOLV][ODBC dBase driver]You are not licensed to use this INTERSOLV ODBC Driver under the license you have purchased. If you wish ...

Powerbuilder 11.1 crashes when loading a DW using SQL Server ODBC driver
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub482b59ff Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Since updgrading to PB 11.1 my script that loads a datawindow will make my application crash. Basically I'm loading a datawindow that contains a list of years to select. I'm connected to a SQL Server database using the SQL Server ODBC driver. If the result set of my select statement returns only one row, it writes inserts the row into the datawindow without a problem. If the result set returns more that one ro...

Powerbuilder 11 and Datadirect
Afer fully installing PB 11 and IM 11, the PB DataDirect ODBC drivers still not installed! How can we install these drivers for PB 11 and why are they not exist in PB 11 and IM 11? Please help us. Perhaps you might repost this in the database section? It doesn't seem to have anything to do with XML. On 14 Aug 2007 01:43:33 -0700, Pieter Martens wrote: >Afer fully installing PB 11 and IM 11, the PB DataDirect >ODBC drivers still not installed! How can we install these >drivers for PB 11 and why are they not exist in PB 11 and IM >11? > >Please help u...

Conflict
I have PowerBuilder 8 enterprise in my system for my existing packages. I would like to test my packages in PowerBuilder 11 Beta version. Is there any problem if I download and install the Beta version of PowerBuilder 11, to the system which contain the PowerBuilder 8? Thanks... The beta is over, but the evaluation version is available at http://response.sybase.com/forms/WW_PB11_Eval There shouldn't be any problem with multiple versions of PB on the same machine - different folder and dll names. Many of us have run 3 or 4 different versions concurrently! <Jemson Kuriak...

Powerbuilder 16-bit ODBC drivers
We are reviewing a Powerbuilder 5.0 (could be 4.0, but I'm not sure) application from a client. However, they were unable to provide us with 16-bit ODBC drivers for it. Can anyone tell me where I can get these drivers and how to install them on a 32-bit machine without any "bad stuff" happening. Thanks in advance. If you don't have the PB or IM 5 (or 4) disks / CD, you can still copy the files straight from the workstation. You can find the entries in the odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase...

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Driver for PowerBuilder to work with DB2 and some ODBC issues
We port existent application from PowerBuilder/Oracle to PowerBuilder/DB2. With Oracle we used native Oracle driver for PB. It seems that no native driver exists for DB2. It means, that we have to work with ODBC. Does somebody have any experience with PowerBuilder/ODBC/DB2 application with high volume transactions? What is possible performance impact of such configuration comparing to configuration with native drivers? Does somebody know about other possible configuration to work with DB2? Please answer also to my email: dant@amdocs.com Thanks, Dan Tartakovsky I think pb7 shi...

Driver for PowerBuilder to work with DB2 and some ODBC issues
We port existent application from PowerBuilder/Oracle to PowerBuilder/DB2. With Oracle we used native Oracle driver for PB. It seems that no native driver exists for DB2. It means, that we have to work with ODBC. Does somebody have any experience with PowerBuilder/ODBC/DB2 application with high volume transactions? What is possible performance impact of such configuration comparing to configuration with native drivers? Does somebody know about other possible configuration to work with DB2? Please answer also to my email: dant@amdocs.com Thanks, Dan Tartakovsky I think pb7 shi...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with 16 bits ODBC driver
I have to transfert a XDB database to ASA 6.0.1.1165 database...the problem is: I like to use pipeline with PowerBuilder 6.5 but the driver for XDB database is a 16 bits..no driver 32 bits for XDB. When I try to configure my db Profile i can t ....32 bits only Did anybody have an idea.... Excuse my english i am Canadian French ...

powerbuilder odbc driver for MS sql server bug
Hello, We are using powerbuilder 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 and using ODBC for connection.We are encountered with no. of problems for different versions of ODBC drivers. all these versions of ODBC drivers have problems with embeded SQL. Listed as 1. One version of ODBC driver execute embeded sql or dw retrieve ( ) function slowly at exection time that of dw retrival in dw painter in the development environment which is about 12 times more faster. 2. Another ODBC driver speed up the embeded sql and dw retrieve () at exection time but the embeded sql containing the lock request becomes ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 11, DataDirect ODBC-Driver - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles