Powerbuilder 10.5 - Oracle 7

------=_NextPart_000_01BA_01C7987A.BC697B50

One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 Server ; sinc PB 10.5 has not support =
for Oracle < 8 we used a workaround using
Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine with a big problem: we cannot select =
more than 32 columns in a select.

We obtain an error : ORA-01001: invalid cursor=20

Could anyone help me, with any workaround, or configuration to change to =
allow out application work properly ?

Thanks in advance
------=_NextPart_000_01BA_01C7987A.BC697B50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 =
Server ; sinc PB=20
10.5 has not support for Oracle &lt; 8 we used a workaround =
using</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine with =
a big=20
problem: we cannot select more than 32 columns in a select.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>We obtain an error : <SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt">ORA-01001: invalid cursor =
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Could =
anyone help me,=20
with any workaround, or configuration to change to allow out application =
work=20
properly ?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks =
in=20
advance</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_01BA_01C7987A.BC697B50--

0
Mirko

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C79859.C7E121C0

Strongly encourage your client to upgrade their Oracle database.  That =
version has been desupported for many many years.  If they don't have a =
maintenance contract with Oracle, then they can consider using the free =
Oracle Express, although it might be an opportunity for you to convince =
them to start using ASE Express or SQLAnywhere.
http://www.sybase.com/linuxpromo

--=20
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com
product enhancement requests:

  "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> wrote in message =
  One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 Server ; sinc PB 10.5 has not =
support for Oracle < 8 we used a workaround using
  Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine with a big problem: we cannot select =
more than 32 columns in a select.

  We obtain an error : ORA-01001: invalid cursor=20

  Could anyone help me, with any workaround, or configuration to change =
to allow out application work properly ?

  Thanks in advance
------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C79859.C7E121C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Strongly encourage your client to =
upgrade their=20
Oracle database.&nbsp; That version has been desupported for many many=20
years.&nbsp; If they don't have a maintenance contract with Oracle, then =
they=20
can consider using the free Oracle Express, although it might be an =
opportunity=20
for you to convince them to start using ASE Express or =
SQLAnywhere.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.sybase.com/linuxpromo">http://www.sybase.com/linuxprom=
o</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/">http://powerbuilder.=
codeXchange.sybase.com/</A><BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.pb9books.com">http://www.pb9books.com</A><BR>product=20
enhancement requests:<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement">http://my.isug=
..com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement</A><BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Mirko Di Tommaso" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it">mirko.ditommaso@ilmessagg=
ero.it</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:464c2738@forums-1-dub">news:464c2738@forums-1-dub</A>...</DI=

  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 =
Server ; sinc=20
  PB 10.5 has not support for Oracle &lt; 8 we used a workaround=20
  using</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine =
with a big=20
  problem: we cannot select more than 32 columns in a =
select.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>We obtain an error : <SPAN=20
  style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt">ORA-01001: invalid cursor =
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial=20
  size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Could =
anyone help=20
  me, with any workaround, or configuration to change to allow out =
application=20
  work properly ?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial=20
  size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Thanks in=20
  advance</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C79859.C7E121C0--

0
Terry

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C79937.277AAAB0

I agree... any other suggest ?

Annyway, thanks Trerry
  "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio =
[...]

<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I agree... any other suggest =
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Annyway, thanks Trerry</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV>"Terry Dykstra" &lt;<A=20
  href=3D"mailto:tddykstra@forestoil.ca">tddykstra@forestoil.ca</A>&gt; =
ha scritto=20
  nel messaggio <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:464c6092@forums-1-dub">news:464c6092@forums-1-dub</A>...</DI=

  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Strongly encourage your client to =
upgrade their=20
  Oracle database.&nbsp; That version has been desupported for many many =

  years.&nbsp; If they don't have a maintenance contract with Oracle, =
then they=20
  can consider using the free Oracle Express, although it might be an=20
  opportunity for you to convince them to start using ASE Express or=20
    wrote in message <A=20
    =
href=3D"news:464c2738@forums-1-dub">news:464c2738@forums-1-dub</A>...</DI=

    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 =
Server ;=20
    sinc PB 10.5 has not support for Oracle &lt; 8 we used a workaround=20
    using</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine =
with a big=20
    problem: we cannot select more than 32 columns in a =
select.</FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><FONT face=3DArial><FONT size=3D2>We obtain an error : <SPAN=20
    style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt">ORA-01001: invalid cursor=20
</SPAN></FONT></FONT></DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial=20
    size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Could anyone help=20
    me, with any workaround, or configuration to change to allow out =
application=20
    work properly ?</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial=20
    size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV><SPAN style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt"><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Thanks in=20
    advance</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_009C_01C79937.277AAAB0--

0
Mirko
5/18/2007 8:27:35 AM
Hi Mirko,

just a shot in the dark: Have you tried some ODBC drivers?
They may hide the real age of your backend database. ;-)

Good luck

Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh

--

One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 Server ; sinc PB 10.5 has not support for
Oracle < 8 we used a workaround using
Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine with a big problem: we cannot select more
than 32 columns in a select.

We obtain an error : ORA-01001: invalid cursor

Could anyone help me, with any workaround, or configuration to change to
allow out application work properly ?

Thanks in advance

0
Chris
5/18/2007 9:52:47 AM
Good suggestion.  But if you use datawindows using ref cursor, then you can
use only the PB Merant/Intersolv ODBC driver.  The Oracle and MS drivers I
never figured out how to configure those to support ref cursors.

--

"Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
> Hi Mirko,
>
> just a shot in the dark: Have you tried some ODBC drivers?
> They may hide the real age of your backend database. ;-)
>
> Good luck
>
> Chris Werner
> f+s software gmbh

> "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:464d6377@forums-1-dub...
> I agree... any other suggest ?
>
> Annyway, thanks Trerry
> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Strongly encourage your client to upgrade their Oracle database.  That
> version has been desupported for many many years.  If they don't have a
> maintenance contract with Oracle, then they can consider using the free
> Oracle Express, although it might be an opportunity for you to convince
> them to start using ASE Express or SQLAnywhere.
> http://www.sybase.com/linuxpromo
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> wrote in message
> One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 Server ; sinc PB 10.5 has not support
> for Oracle < 8 we used a workaround using
> Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine with a big problem: we cannot select
> more than 32 columns in a select.
>
> We obtain an error : ORA-01001: invalid cursor
>
> Could anyone help me, with any workaround, or configuration to change to
> allow out application work properly ?
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Terry
5/18/2007 2:22:15 PM
Hi Terry,

AFAIK the PB Merant/Intersolve ODBC drivers are packaged with
PowerBuilder, at least in earlier times this was the case. I'm not sure
wether they are free for deployment?
BTW what means "datawindows using ref cursor"? Don't use all
SQL SELECT based datawindows the same kind of cursor?

Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh

"Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Good suggestion.  But if you use datawindows using ref cursor, then you
> can use only the PB Merant/Intersolv ODBC driver.  The Oracle and MS
> drivers I never figured out how to configure those to support ref cursors.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
>> Hi Mirko,
>>
>> just a shot in the dark: Have you tried some ODBC drivers?
>> They may hide the real age of your backend database. ;-)
>>
>> Good luck
>>
>> Chris Werner
>> f+s software gmbh

>> "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag news:464d6377@forums-1-dub...
>> I agree... any other suggest ?
>>
>> Annyway, thanks Trerry
>> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Strongly encourage your client to upgrade their Oracle database.  That
>> version has been desupported for many many years.  If they don't have a
>> maintenance contract with Oracle, then they can consider using the free
>> Oracle Express, although it might be an opportunity for you to convince
>> them to start using ASE Express or SQLAnywhere.
>> http://www.sybase.com/linuxpromo
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> http://www.pb9books.com
>> product enhancement requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> wrote in message
>> One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 Server ; sinc PB 10.5 has not support
>> for Oracle < 8 we used a workaround using
>> Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine with a big problem: we cannot select
>> more than 32 columns in a select.
>>
>> We obtain an error : ORA-01001: invalid cursor
>>
>> Could anyone help me, with any workaround, or configuration to change to
>> allow out application work properly ?
>>
>> Thanks in advance

0
Chris
5/18/2007 2:37:46 PM
I'm talking about using a stored procedure as the source for your
datawindow.  You have to use a REF CURSOR to return the result set back to
PB.
I have some examples on CodeExchange under the PowerBuilder / InfoMaker
section.  Bruce Armstrong also has some examples on CodeExchange.

--

> Hi Terry,
>
> AFAIK the PB Merant/Intersolve ODBC drivers are packaged with
> PowerBuilder, at least in earlier times this was the case. I'm not sure
> wether they are free for deployment?
> BTW what means "datawindows using ref cursor"? Don't use all
> SQL SELECT based datawindows the same kind of cursor?
>
> Chris Werner
> f+s software gmbh
>
> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> Good suggestion.  But if you use datawindows using ref cursor, then you
>> can use only the PB Merant/Intersolv ODBC driver.  The Oracle and MS
>> drivers I never figured out how to configure those to support ref
>> cursors.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> http://www.pb9books.com
>> product enhancement requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
>>> Hi Mirko,
>>>
>>> just a shot in the dark: Have you tried some ODBC drivers?
>>> They may hide the real age of your backend database. ;-)
>>>
>>> Good luck
>>>
>>> Chris Werner
>>> f+s software gmbh

>>> "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> schrieb im
>>> Newsbeitrag news:464d6377@forums-1-dub...
>>> I agree... any other suggest ?
>>>
>>> Annyway, thanks Trerry
>>> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> Strongly encourage your client to upgrade their Oracle database.  That
>>> version has been desupported for many many years.  If they don't have a
>>> maintenance contract with Oracle, then they can consider using the free
>>> Oracle Express, although it might be an opportunity for you to convince
>>> them to start using ASE Express or SQLAnywhere.
>>> http://www.sybase.com/linuxpromo
>>>
>>> --
>>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>>> http://www.pb9books.com
>>> product enhancement requests:
>>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>>
>>> "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> wrote in message
>>> One of our customer has Oracle 7.3 Server ; sinc PB 10.5 has not support
>>> for Oracle < 8 we used a workaround using
>>> Oracle Client v.8 ; it works fine with a big problem: we cannot select
>>> more than 32 columns in a select.
>>>
>>> We obtain an error : ORA-01001: invalid cursor
>>>
>>> Could anyone help me, with any workaround, or configuration to change to
>>> allow out application work properly ?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance

0
Terry
5/18/2007 4:20:38 PM
Thanks guys, but if I use ODBC I need to re-test all my application, isnt ?

And again, the application is installed in 6 differente customers, all with
ORACLE (Native Driver), in that way I should keep 2
differente versione of my application.....

Again, I'm not use Stored Procedure o else, I have problem with a simple
SELECT (o DW) with more than 32 columns

Regards :-|

> I'm talking about using a stored procedure as the source for your
> datawindow.  You have to use a REF CURSOR to return the result set back to
> PB.
> I have some examples on CodeExchange under the PowerBuilder / InfoMaker
> section.  Bruce Armstrong also has some examples on CodeExchange.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
>> Hi Terry,
>>
>> AFAIK the PB Merant/Intersolve ODBC drivers are packaged with
>> PowerBuilder, at least in earlier times this was the case. I'm not sure
>> wether they are free for deployment?
>> BTW what means "datawindows using ref cursor"? Don't use all
>> SQL SELECT based datawindows the same kind of cursor?
>>
>> Chris Werner
>> f+s software gmbh
>>
>> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> Good suggestion.  But if you use datawindows using ref cursor, then you
>>> can use only the PB Merant/Intersolv ODBC driver.  The Oracle and MS
>>> drivers I never figured out how to configure those to support ref
>>> cursors.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>>> http://www.pb9books.com
>>> product enhancement requests:
>>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>>
>>> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message

0
Mirko
5/21/2007 10:37:58 AM
I don't think you have any choice other than you downgrade your application
to PB9 (8?) or have your client upgrade their Oracle.   Oracle has made too
many changes in their OCI interface.

--

> Thanks guys, but if I use ODBC I need to re-test all my application, isnt
> ?
>
> And again, the application is installed in 6 differente customers, all
> with ORACLE (Native Driver), in that way I should keep 2
> differente versione of my application.....
>
> Again, I'm not use Stored Procedure o else, I have problem with a simple
> SELECT (o DW) with more than 32 columns
>
> Regards :-|
>

> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> I'm talking about using a stored procedure as the source for your
>> datawindow.  You have to use a REF CURSOR to return the result set back
>> to PB.
>> I have some examples on CodeExchange under the PowerBuilder / InfoMaker
>> section.  Bruce Armstrong also has some examples on CodeExchange.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> http://www.pb9books.com
>> product enhancement requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message
>>> Hi Terry,
>>>
>>> AFAIK the PB Merant/Intersolve ODBC drivers are packaged with
>>> PowerBuilder, at least in earlier times this was the case. I'm not sure
>>> wether they are free for deployment?
>>> BTW what means "datawindows using ref cursor"? Don't use all
>>> SQL SELECT based datawindows the same kind of cursor?
>>>
>>> Chris Werner
>>> f+s software gmbh
>>>
>>> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

0
Terry
5/22/2007 2:27:34 PM
Not real sure what you're trying to accomplish, however Oracle 9.2.xx sqlnet
will connect to anything from 7.3 to 10g and is still supported by PB
through at least version 11, so my guess is that should solve your problem.

If you install 9.2 client, what happens if you use 084 PB driver????  That
would be my suggestion (not the earlier version 8.01......)

"Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
>I don't think you have any choice other than you downgrade your application
>to PB9 (8?) or have your client upgrade their Oracle.   Oracle has made too
>many changes in their OCI interface.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> wrote in message
>> Thanks guys, but if I use ODBC I need to re-test all my application, isnt
>> ?
>>
>> And again, the application is installed in 6 differente customers, all
>> with ORACLE (Native Driver), in that way I should keep 2
>> differente versione of my application.....
>>
>> Again, I'm not use Stored Procedure o else, I have problem with a simple
>> SELECT (o DW) with more than 32 columns
>>
>> Regards :-|
>>

>> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> I'm talking about using a stored procedure as the source for your
>>> datawindow.  You have to use a REF CURSOR to return the result set back
>>> to PB.
>>> I have some examples on CodeExchange under the PowerBuilder / InfoMaker
>>> section.  Bruce Armstrong also has some examples on CodeExchange.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>>> http://www.pb9books.com
>>> product enhancement requests:
>>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>>
>>> "Chris Werner" <cwAT{PleaseNoSpam}f-s.de> wrote in message

0
Jim
5/22/2007 11:26:08 PM
Oracle does not support connections from 9i to 7.3. They deliberately broke
that capability.  So I wouldn't hold my breath for using a 9i client to
connect to 7.3 server.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
"Jim Madderra" <jmadderra@astound.net> wrote in message
> Not real sure what you're trying to accomplish, however Oracle 9.2.xx
> sqlnet will connect to anything from 7.3 to 10g and is still supported by
> PB through at least version 11, so my guess is that should solve your
> problem.
>
> If you install 9.2 client, what happens if you use 084 PB driver????  That
> would be my suggestion (not the earlier version 8.01......)
>
> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
>>I don't think you have any choice other than you downgrade your
>>application to PB9 (8?) or have your client upgrade their Oracle.   Oracle
>>has made too many changes in their OCI interface.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> http://www.pb9books.com
>> product enhancement requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> wrote in message
>>> Thanks guys, but if I use ODBC I need to re-test all my application,
>>> isnt ?
>>>
>>> And again, the application is installed in 6 differente customers, all
>>> with ORACLE (Native Driver), in that way I should keep 2
>>> differente versione of my application.....
>>>
>>> Again, I'm not use Stored Procedure o else, I have problem with a simple
>>> SELECT (o DW) with more than 32 columns
>>>
>>> Regards :-|
>>>

>>> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> ha scritto nel messaggio

0
Terry
5/23/2007 1:19:33 AM
Well, I beg to differ, since I'm running 9.2.0.1.0 client (only) and able to
connect via PB 9 using O73 driver.

"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca.x> wrote in message
> Oracle does not support connections from 9i to 7.3. They deliberately
> broke that capability.  So I wouldn't hold my breath for using a 9i client
> to connect to 7.3 server.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
> "Jim Madderra" <jmadderra@astound.net> wrote in message
>> Not real sure what you're trying to accomplish, however Oracle 9.2.xx
>> sqlnet will connect to anything from 7.3 to 10g and is still supported by
>> PB through at least version 11, so my guess is that should solve your
>> problem.
>>
>> If you install 9.2 client, what happens if you use 084 PB driver????
>> That would be my suggestion (not the earlier version 8.01......)
>>
>> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
>>>I don't think you have any choice other than you downgrade your
>>>application to PB9 (8?) or have your client upgrade their Oracle.
>>>Oracle has made too many changes in their OCI interface.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>>> http://www.pb9books.com
>>> product enhancement requests:
>>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>>
>>> "Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko.ditommaso@ilmessaggero.it> wrote in message

0
Jim
5/23/2007 3:11:48 AM
Good to know that works.  But try creating a database link from 9i to 7 and
you get error:
ORA-24439: Connections to Oracle7 server are no longer supported

--

> Well, I beg to differ, since I'm running 9.2.0.1.0 client (only) and able
> to connect via PB 9 using O73 driver.
>
> "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca.x> wrote in message
>> Oracle does not support connections from 9i to 7.3. They deliberately
>> broke that capability.  So I wouldn't hold my breath for using a 9i
>> client to connect to 7.3 server.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> product enhancement requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>> "Jim Madderra" <jmadderra@astound.net> wrote in message
>>> Not real sure what you're trying to accomplish, however Oracle 9.2.xx
>>> sqlnet will connect to anything from 7.3 to 10g and is still supported
>>> by PB through at least version 11, so my guess is that should solve your
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> If you install 9.2 client, what happens if you use 084 PB driver????
>>> That would be my suggestion (not the earlier version 8.01......)
>>>
>>> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message

0
Terry

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Powerbuilder 10.5 & Windows 7
Hi, Please let me know if Powerbuilder 10.5 supports Windows 7. For example, if I run the script: Environment le_env integer li_ver GetEnvironment(le_env) li_ver=le_env.OSMajorRevision What is the value of li_ver if I'm using Windows 7? Is there an EBF or a patch for this? I'm using Powerbuilder 10.5. Thanks, Tina 10.5 was EOL before Win7 came out, so it will never be supported on Win7. PB12 will be supported on WIn7 when it goes GA, and there will very likely be an MR for 11.5 that is supported. As for the OS version, that's picked up under the ...

Powerbuilder 10.5 and Harvest 7.1
We are having issues with Powerbuilder 10.5.2.7016 and Harvest 7.1 The issue happens when connecting to Harvest through Powerbuilder 10.5.2.7016. You can connect to other repositories but not the main one created for Powerbuilder 10.5.2.7016 source code. Very strange. We would get the attached error message on all PC's except one. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. begin 666 PB_Harvest_Error.rtf M>UQR=&8Q7&%N<VE<86YS:6-P9S$R-3)<9&5F9C!<9&5F;&%N9S$P,S-[7&9O M;G1T8FQ[7&8P7&9S=VES<UQF8VAA<G-E=# @07)I8...

Infomaker 7.0 and PowerBuilder 10.5
Has anyone experienced or know of any problems running Infomaker 7.0 and a PowerBuilder 10 application on the same box? I run IM 8.0.4, 9.0.3, 10.2.1, 10.5 and 11 with PB 10.x on the same development PC. Since all the DLL's have unique names, IM 7 should be OK. You just have to watch out that your system path does not get cut-off -:) "lanieinkc" <elaine.nitz@mediware.com> wrote in message news:1157646772.710534.85870@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > Has anyone experienced or know of any problems running Infomaker 7.0 > and a PowerBuilder 10 applicat...

Remote Debugging in EAS 5.5 and Powerbuilder 10.5.1
I just wanted the thank the user group for its help and input on remote debugging. The comments were helpful and ogt me finally going on debugging remote objects on EAS. i might add that I still had deployment problems in Powerbuilder 10.5.1. The properties for the deployed compent would be selectable in the but the debug property in the property file would be false. Strangely enough, it would show up in the component to debug list as selectable. I had event delete the component, made sure the remote debugging checkbox was not selected, and the component would still deploy as thou...

Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5 conversion
Is there a way to set drop down calender to checked during conversion on alle datawindows where the field is date and tab > 0? Or should I edit all datawindows and change the setting manually? Regards, Eric ...

Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5
Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. Does this sound about right at all? Many Thanks Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25 applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at least). The only cav...

Powerbuilder 10.5.1 and ClearCase LT 7.0.0.1 problem
Hi, Sorry for the long post (you'll see. :)) I've been trying to get Powerbuilder 10.5.1 to work with ClearCase LT 7.0.0.1, but even though PB is able to connect to ClearCase, and the Orcascript can populate the PBLs just fine, when I add the target to the PB workspace, all objects are displayed with a "+" next to them, as if nothing (including the target) is under version control. Here's a quick rundown of how we do things: - We have four environments: Production, Acceptance, Test and Development. These are set up in a "hierarchy" (wrong ter...

Powerbuilder 7.0 and Sql Anywhere 5.5
I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal database errors ever since I switched my application from Powerbuilder 5.0 to 7.0. Do you know of any known problems with this. If so, what can I do about it? Please advise Define fatal database errors? Do you mean assertions? If so, read http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1010805. /ck <Jim_Sacks> wrote in message news:1B0972BF2418D403004477D285256AF2.004477E185256AF2@webforums... > I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal > database errors ever since I s...

dw from pocket 2.5 to powerbuilder 10.5
Hi it�s possible migrate or export a dw from pocket 2.5 to powerbuilder 10.5...? When i try to import the dw to powerbuilder show: error syntax column 60 Thanks Karla Karla; Yes, I complained about this in the ISUG "enhancement sessions" at Techwave 2007. I think that Sybase needs to better coordinate PB & PK release features so that it becomes transparent to import or export any component. What I ended up doing (like in your case) is exporting the DW source and editing out the offending feature syntax (pain in the ass though). -- Regards ... Chri...

PowerBuilder 10.5
I am running PB 10.5 on a Windows XP PC, using Outlook 2003. I copied the MAPI code from the PB code examples, and it has been running fine for me since PB7. Then one-by-one PCs would fail to connect while trying to run mSes.mailAddress ( mMsg ); it even happened to me. I think it may have been a Windows security update. But it still works if I run in the debug mode in the developer. But if I compile it and try to run the executeable, it fails. Below is the code I've been using. imSes = create mailSession mRet = imSes.mailAddress(imMsg) ...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 10.5 - Oracle 7 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles