Powerbuilder 10 and MAPI does not work, works in PB 7

Hi,

I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the
customers e-mail client.
Customer uses Netscape 4.7
With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon
function always fails.

With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express.

With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express.
It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in
both 'name' and 'address'

Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape.

Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 working in Unicode
or with different MAPI versions ?

Thx,
Erik

0
Erik

I experience the same problem ! Impossible to connect to the
messaging system (tested on win xp sp1&2 with IE 6 and
Outlook Xpress) .
mSes = create mailSession
mRet = mSes.mailLogon(mailNewSession!)

=> mRet is  always = to MailReturnFailure ! (which is not a
valid or documented return value for the mailLogon method)

All the scripts tested work fine in PB7 and PB9 but none on
PB10.

Hoping getting soon an explanation/idea of how to walk
around this very blocking problem.

Regards,

Guillaume
> Hi,
>
> I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send
> e-mails using the customers e-mail client.
> Customer uses Netscape 4.7
> With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB
> 10, the mailLogon function always fails.
>
> With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook
> Express.
>
> With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook
> Express. It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the
> real e-mail address in both 'name' and 'address'
>
> Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape.
>
> Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10
> working in Unicode or with different MAPI versions ?
>
> Thx,
> Erik

0
Guillaume
10/8/2004 8:57:54 AM
This would be a great question for the powerscript section.

On 8 Oct 2004 00:22:39 -0700, "Erik Franssen"
<erik.franssen@advalvas.be> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using the
>customers e-mail client.
>Customer uses Netscape 4.7
>With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the mailLogon
>function always fails.
>
>With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express.
>
>With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express.
>It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in
>both 'name' and 'address'
>
>Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape.
>
>Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 working in Unicode
>or with different MAPI versions ?
>
>Thx,
>Erik

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.teamsybase.com

TeamSybase blogs:
http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs

Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups

Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
http://www.codexchange.sybase.com

http://www.needhim.org

DISCLAIMER:

This newsgroup message is only intended for the recipient. Given that it
is a posting to a public newsgroup, that means if you can read this
message then you are the recipient.  This message may contain information
that is confidential and protected from disclosure. And then again,
it may not.

Given that TeamSybase members are not employees of Sybase, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent the views or policies of
Sybase.  Given that TeamSybase is a diverse group of users of Sybase
products, the contents of this message do not necessarily represent the
views of a significant number of the members of TeamSybase.  Given that the
author has multiple personalities and hears voices in his head, the contents
of this message do not necessarily represent his own views.
0
Bruce
10/8/2004 12:41:03 PM
Bruce,

I did this in 'general' because in my opinion it was not a powerscript error
since it works in PB7, only not in PB10.
But I posted it in the powerscript newsgroup now.

Erik

"Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@teamsybase.com>
wrote in message news:pm2dm0d8eclvta1clp30k33o1skf0j4umr@4ax.com...
> This would be a great question for the powerscript section.
>
> On 8 Oct 2004 00:22:39 -0700, "Erik Franssen"
> <erik.franssen@advalvas.be> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have a powerbuilder application that uses MAPI to send e-mails using
the
> >customers e-mail client.
> >Customer uses Netscape 4.7
> >With Powerbuilder 7.0, everything worked fine. Now with PB 10, the
mailLogon
> >function always fails.
> >
> >With PB 7 it works with Netscape, Outlook and Outlook Express.
> >
> >With PB 10, it does NOT work with Netscape and Outlook Express.
> >It works with Outlook 2000, but only if I put the real e-mail address in
> >both 'name' and 'address'
> >
> >Problem is: customer definitely uses Netscape.
> >
> >Anyone has any ideas ? Perhaps something to do with PB 10 working in
Unicode
> >or with different MAPI versions ?
> >
> >Thx,
> >Erik
> >

> Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
> http://www.teamsybase.com
>
> TeamSybase blogs:
> http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs
>
> Two 3rd party books on developing with PowerBuilder
> http://www.pb9books.com?source=newsgroups
>
> Need code sample?  Check out CodeXchange:
> http://www.codexchange.sybase.com
>
> Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. - Francis of
Assisi