We have developed a product using PowerBuilder7.0, Ms Sql Server 6.5 and
connecting them using powerbuilder native driver. Now we are thinking of
porting Ms Sql Server 6.5 database to Ms Sql Server 7.0.As we feel, we could
achive new features of Sql server 7.0.e.g row level locking.
Actually i want to know, what things i have to do.e.g what sort of
connection i have to use? what new features i will able to use?.will  Stored
procedures  work properly.
Is there anyting i have to chang in my application(at front end)e.g
datawindows or any embeded sql, external functions.
Should i port it or not?
I am waiting for your kind advice.
Ijaz
HTH

0
Mr
11/25/1999 5:12:14 AM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

MSS MS SQL Sever 6.X native interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 ?
Is MSS MS SQL Server 6.X, the native interface to use in db-painter for MS SQL Server 7.0? It works fine but is it right? OLE DB also works fine but RESELECTROW does not work in our app. with OLE DB. Regards, Henrik Peder Madsen DM Software ...

PB 6.5, MS SQL Server 7.0 and MS Access 97
Since we installed MS SQL Server 7.0 (which updated our Data Access Drivers), we are no longer able to reference Access 97 from PowerBuilder. I get an error: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range Any idea what might be going on? Thanks, Cliff Different ODBC drivers are not compatible. There is an updated ODBC patch for PB 6.5 on the SDN, that might solve your problem. Else you'll probably have to reinstall Access 97 (and risk braking SQL Server 7). -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Cliff Koehler wrote in message <3Cb...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Outer Joins, ANSI syntax and MS SQL Server 6.0, 6.5, 7.0 Beta
Hi We would like to make our powerbuilder program avaible on multible DB platforms, but one big problem is OUTER JOINS ! We started on Oracle, no problems. // Oracle 7.3.4 SELECT * FROM TABLE1, TABLE2, TABLE3 WHERE ( TABLE1.NUMMER_N06 = TABLE3.NUMMER_N06 (+)) and ( TABLE3.NUMMER_I = TABLE2.NUMMER_I (+)) ; Then , for the smaller companies, we tried SQL AnyWhere 5.0, no problems. // Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 SELECT * FROM {oj {oj TABLE1 LEFT OUTER JOIN TABLE3 ON TABLE1.NUMMER_N06 = TABLE3.NUMMER_N06} LEFT OUTER JOIN...

Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5
Does anyone know if there is a Native Database Interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 and InfoMaker 6.5? My installation has a Native Database Driver for MS SQL Server 6.x. I have looked all over the Sybase site for a possible download and cannot find it. I downloaded the IM6532.exe maintainence release and did not find it in there. Rich Edwards There is no native driver for MSSQL7 in IM6.x. Use the 6 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/s...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0
Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT arguments. I do have the following problem: - I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a datetime OUTPUT argument. - In PowerBuilder I do: DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT USING SQLCA; EXECUTE sp_test; FETCH sp_test into :sReturn; CLOSE sp_test; - If I execute this statement I get the following error: Implicit conversion from datatype 'varch...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

From Watcom SQL 4.0 to Ms SQL Server 6.5
Previously I used Watcom SQL 4.0 for our back end. In our PB apps ( version 5.0.03 ), I've never found any problems until we try to use Ms SQL Server as our back end. Since I am using ODBC, supposedly the switch from Watcom SQL to Ms SQL Server should transparent to the PB apps., but almost 80% of apps can't work with Ms SQL Server. Guys, have you ever met the same problem ? What should I do to make the apps can work with Watcom & Ms SQL Server. Thanks >Previously I used Watcom SQL 4.0 for our back end. >In our PB apps ( version 5.0.03 ), I've never foun...

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

PB 6.51 -> MS SQL Server 6.5/7.0 DBProcess Dead
I have an app that is connecting two servers and doing data movement back and forth between the two. I am getting a DBProcess is dead message. Any suggestions. I have noticed that the machines are on the same hub but have wildly different TCP/IP addresses ( one is something like 170.1... the other 50.29... ). Any suggestions on things to look for? I am pretty sure it's network problems but I don't know what to look for. P.S. - It's the first install at a customer site were trying to do so any help would be appreciated ASAP!!!! Thanks again! ...

MS SQL Server 7.0 and PowerBuilder 5.03
We have been battling a data transfer bug with SQL Server 7.0 where Microsoft's transfer manager is failing to transfer all objects to a data base. After completing one such transfer, we are having problems getting the PowerBuilder development environment to recognize table structures. My theory is that Microsoft has inadvertantly tossed some stored procedures used by PowerBuilder. My on-line PB documentation says that no scripts need to be run on SQL Server 6.5 because PB uses the system catalogs for its information. How about SQL Server 7.0? Are there any scripts I need to r...

Web resources about - Porting Ms Sql Server 6.5 Database to Ms Sql Server 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

Change your passwords: NexusMods suffers database breach
... security breach by posts on reddit. Cybersecurity firm REN-ISAC had apparently contacted several university IT departments about a database ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...