Platforms

Can anybody point me to a page on the Sybase web site which identifies
certified platforms for PB? In particular, I'm looking for information on
using XP as a client.

Has anybody tried it?

Thanks!

--

Have a great day!

Jeff

Jeffrey R. Garbus
Soaring Eagle Consulting, Ltd.

www.soaringeagleltd.com
888 289 8170

0
Jeffrey

XP is not a supported OS for any Sybase product at this point. I expect
Sybase will begin certifying its products, specifically, PowerBuilder and
EASErver, on XP in the near future.

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Jeffrey R. Garbus" <jeffg@soaringeagleltd.com> wrote in message
> Can anybody point me to a page on the Sybase web site which identifies
> certified platforms for PB? In particular, I'm looking for information on
> using XP as a client.
>
> Has anybody tried it?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>
> Have a great day!
>
> Jeff
>
> Jeffrey R. Garbus
> Soaring Eagle Consulting, Ltd.
>
> www.soaringeagleltd.com
> 888 289 8170

0
Roy

What generals generally do

Powerbuilder platforms
Hi, I am new to Powerbuilder and appreciate information what target platforms are supported by Powerbuilder? Thanks Bodo Bodo, I'm not sure to what you are referring when you say target but I'll take a stab at answering your question. Powerbuilder the development platform only runs on Windows (XP, Vista, etc). Applications can be written and deployed only to Windows platforms. Powerbuilder mobile applications can also be written then deployed to Windows Mobile devices. If you also care to know, Powerbuilder components can be deployed to both Sybase and third par...

Mac platform and PowerBuilder
Hi, I want to know how it is possible for us to run our PB application on Mac platform. We don't have any experience on this platform. We use OLE and SQLA in our applications. Is it possible to make OLE connections to MS Word on Macintosh? I don't think SQLA runs on Macintosh but is there any other ODBC engine available? etc. etc. Thanks for any help. Adnan. Pilot Software Inc. Turkey Yes and no. There is a mac version of PB6, but Sybase de-supported PB on the mac platform shortly after it was released. You might be able to find a copy still from Programmers Par...

PowerBuilder For Different Platforms
We have developed an application in Powerbuilder(6.5) for MS. Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, 98, etc.) Now we want to run the same application on Platforms (UNIX, MAC, SOLARIS, AIX, LINUX) 1. Do we need to compile the same application on those platforms saparately, or it will run on all the Platforms without compilation ? 2. Which of the features will not work on above mentioned Platforms? 3. What kind of changes do we require to run this application for the different platforms? Any comments or references will highly be appreciated. Thanks in Advance. Javaid Khurshid Javaid_khur...

Is dev-platform for platform users or platform developers?
So since dev-tech-xpcom closed, there's been an awful lot of traffic on dev-platform from platform users. I don't really have time to read this, and it probably means I'll be paying less attention to the platform developer traffic on dev-platform (if any at all; I'd long since unsubscribed to dev-tech-xpcom until told to resubscribe to follow the XPCOM memory management discussion). Does this discussion belong on dev-platform, or should it be redirected elsewhere? -David -- L. David Baron http://dbaron.org/ Mozilla Corporation ...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

powerbuilder supported platforms grid
Does PowerBuilder have a Supported Platforms Grid, like the one shown from the link below, for SQL Anywhere? http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288 Thanks, Doug Hi Doug; Yes is does ... its buried on the Sybase certification website ... Link: http://certification.sybase.com/ucr/search.do Then select PowerBuilder from the Product dropdown + hit search. That should give you a good list. HTH -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com "Doug Stone" <doug.stonenospam@res-q.com> wrote in message news:...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

Powerbuilder menu in windows 2000 platform
Hi , I migrated the powerbuidler application form 6.5 to ver 7.0.3 in windows 2000 platform.When i run the application in windows 2000 os.All the sheet menu items shift to right side of the screen in reverse order.i.e last menu item appears as fist.I applied the latest patch but still it is the same thing. But if i run the same application in windows98/95 it is ok. please let me know what is the problem. help is appreciated. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

PowerBuilder 7.0 on XP platform
I am using PB 7.0 Build 5031...I have upgraded my PC to XP, and installed PB on my machine. But Library painter is not working, getting the memory could not read error...application error, but I can open my objects individually from the open menu... what can you offer for this situation? tia, >>I am using PB 7.0 Build 5031...I have upgraded my PC to XP, and installed PB on my machine. But Library painter is not working, getting the memory could not read error...application error, but I can open my objects individually from the open menu... what can you offer for this sit...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Migrating powerbuilder code to a web platform
Are there any tools that can convert a Powerbuilder 6.5 application into a webapp? Preferably J2EE, but .Net is okay also. Our company is primarily j2ee and .Net developers, so our purpose is only a one-off conversion of source code and further development will be in the converted language. I've been looking at the Appeon website, but this program looks more like a tool to help PB devs deploy PB applications to an application server, but I don't know whether the code generated by Appeon will work for our purposes. Or can anyone refer me to other alternatives? Thanks :) ...

general cross-platform DB question
Well, we're still waiting for a general cross-platform forum that's not specific to any one platform. In the mean time, I guess I'll post my question here. What are the different options we have for simple database storage in an app that works on ALL Delphi XE2 platforms? I'm thinking something like a single table, or maybe two or three tables, for saving user data. Don't need SQL or anything like that. And OODB would be fine, as would a CVS-table. So would a text or XML file, I suppose. Encryption would be good to have. What options exist? Can a TCli...

Web resources about - Platforms - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Platform - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deutsche Telekom launches pan-European public cloud on Cisco platform
Deutsche Telekom launches pan-European public cloud on Cisco platform Business Cloud News T-Mobile Computing cloud Deutsche Telekom has announced ...

Germany’s Sonnenbatterie Launches Energy Trading Platform
Sonnenbatterie, Germany’s market leader for residential energy storage, has launched a community energy trading platform, sonnenCommunity, aimed ...

Cisco's Spark becomes a cloud-based phone and meeting platform
Cisco Systems is rethinking its collaboration tools from the bottom up, turning the lowly Spark text-messaging app into a cloud-based platform ...

SAP Updates Digital for Customer Engagement CRM Platform
New features include e-mail marketing to increase productivity and sales forecasting capabilities, and access to a social help desk through Twitter. ...

New Fallout 4 1.2 patch improves performance on all platforms — but at a cost
Fallout 4's latest patch will improve performance on all platforms, but it lowers graphics fidelity to do so. That's great for the Xbox One and ...

Cisco updates ACI platform, adds Docker support
Network World Cisco updates ACI platform, adds Docker support Firstpost Cisco has announced a new software release for its Application Centric ...

Business Intelligence Has Evolved Into Simplified and Accessible Platforms
Businesses have been accumulating data for ages. Data is used to drive the decision-making process, and helps optimize workflows, marketing, ...

The Man Behind Donald Trump's Latest Policy Platform Is a Crackpot Anti-Muslim Extremist
On Tuesday, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump proposed that all Muslims should be banned from entering the United States “until ...

Minecraft coming to the Wii U on Dec. 17, marking the last major platform to get the game
Minecraft is coming to Wii U on Dec. 17, checking off one of the last remaining gaming platforms without the title. The Microsoft-owned game ...