PFC services in non pfc-template application

Hi,

Can I use the PFC resize service in my old MDI applications without PFC
template. How can I do it.

I've imported this nvo objects in my applications but i don�t know how can i
use it with my windows.

Guillermo

There is no blanket answer for that. You (or someone) would have to
look at each individual service in question and determine how it's
linked into other objects. For example, I'd expect very little
cross-dependencies for the String service, but I'd expect a lot of
issues with the Logical Unit of Work service. Also, if you've
implemented an ancestor hierarchy similar to PFC's (common ancestors
for all windows, controls), then I'd expect re-implementation of
dependencies like these fairly simple. If you haven't got that kind of
hierarchy, forget about it.

Good luck,

On 20 Dec 2004 06:50:08 -0800, "Guillermo Ramos" <gramos@ya.com>
wrote:

>Can I use the PFC resize service in my old MDI applications without PFC
>template. How can I do it.
>
>I've imported this nvo objects in my applications but i don�t know how can i
>use it with my windows.
*********************************
Click once a day to give 100,000 books to children in need by the holidays
http://www.theliteracysite.com
*********************************

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

HELP PLEASE!, how to convert non PFC application to PFC application?
Your help is much needed. I have developed many windows and datawindows without using PFC, how do i make the pfc to be the ancestor of all my windows and datawindows? Syed. -- Syed Ibrahim Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 You will have to export each object to a file. Then you can edit the file to change to ancestor and import it again. I suggest you create separate PBL's before you import because you don't want to overwri...

Migrating non-PFC applications to PFC.
Hi, I'm going to be involved in migrating a non-PFC application to PFC based application. I've been working with PFC since it came out, but I've not been involved with conversion of a non-PFC application. Would anybody share his/her thoughts about the process involved in doing that and the pitfalls to watch for. I would appreciate any input. Thanks. JD I've only done it on small apps and it was a real headache. For starters you must throw away your existing mdi frame, login window, etc, and use the ones in PFC. All your frame logic, which isn't already...

Hybrid PFC non-PFC Application
We have a very large application we would like to migrate to the PFC over time. Unfortunately we will be required to keep a hybrid application in production during the conversion process because we are constantly adding new functionality. Does anyone have any experiences they can share? TIA Mark Graham mgraham@justicesystems.com I would *not* suggest attempting this. Instead, keep maintaining the old version (turing out point releases) while you develop a new major version (based on PFC). I don't think that a hybrid PFC application would work well. (I wouldn't expe...

Hybrid PFC/non-PFC Applications
We have a large application that we would like to migrate to the PFC. The application is constantly being customized to meet the needs of different customers so we cannot freeze the application while the conversion takes place. Our plan is to build all new portions of the application using the PFC and convert the existing parts of the application over time as resources allow us to do so. Does anyone have experience with hybrid applications? We know we will need two different transaction objects, are there any other issues we will need to deal with? TIA Mark Graham mgraham@justi...

How to include the pfc in a non pfc application
Still I am with the problem of powerbuilder pfc implimentation in my powerbuilder projects. Please anybody can advice me it would be very helpful to a beginner like me how I can impliment pfc in my non pfc project . I am expecting a help like to a beginner . I donot think any help is available in any other forum for powerbuilder other than this. So please kindly consider my request. With thanks Pol ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp On Sep 25, 1:02=A0am, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: > Still...

Converting existing non-PFC applications to PFC.
We have some applications which were developed in PB 4 and has been upgraded to PB5 and migrated to PB6. We have custom made ancestor objects for windows as well as user objects for dws. we have upto 4 layers of objects. We wish to convert our application to take advantage of PFC. Can any one out there guide whether this would reuqire re-writting the entire system ? We have lot of NVUOs which work as PFC services but with having different purpose. Our applications are very large and rewritting would amount to atleast 35 man months of work. One approach (and the only possi...

PFC ? Not PFC ?
I am about to start a very big application and would like to know whether to use PFC or not. Is it not a good idea if we are only using a very small portion of the PFC functionalities? What are the benefits of using PFC? What are the disadvantage of using it? We already have development problem because it is too slow to bring up the object and window list in the dubugger. Please advise. loser , To Use or Not to Use? I dont have an answer for you there but, a solution to your speed of the debug issue is the following. We have found that keeping copies of the PFC, PFD, and PFE p...

To PFC or Not To PFC
I'm returning to PB development after about 7 years in management and I'm trying to figure out how PFC fits into the current PB world. I used it with 6.5 and thought it was great (though sometimes a little complex, especially when debigging). It seems that Sybase doesn't push it anymore and I think I saw a post that said it hasn't changed since 8.0(?). I'll be developing an app for commercial sale and I think PB is perfect since I think I can get more done in a shorter period of time with PB than with anything else. I especially like that PB's future leads...

URGENT HELP REQUIRED!!! Converting NON PFC Application to PFC
We have some applications which were developed in PB 4 and has been upgraded to PB5 and migrated to PB6. We have custom made ancestor objects for windows as well as user objects for dws. we have upto 4 layers of objects. We wish to convert our application to take advantage of PFC. Can any one out there guide whether this would require re-writing the entire system ? We have lot of NVUOs which work as PFC services but with having different purpose. Our applications are very large and rewriting would amount to atleast 35 man months of work. One approach (and the only possible ...

Can PFC services used within PowerBuilder application server?
as title!!! Hi anonymous, Powerbuilder application server wants to support distributed applications. The distributed application suppose that you object are encapsulated. the object on the server are distinct from the the client server. If you use PFC you will use DW. But the datawindow on your client will interfere on your server without controls. To do it you have to use the 3 tiers architecture I copy my reponse to Marc above Marc, I think there is an incompatibility between the Dw and a distributed application. What is exactly a 3 tiers applications. It's an applicati...

Introduce pfc in non-pfc app
Hi, I would like to know if anyone had tried to convert or develop new functionality using pfc in a non-pfc app, what would be the minimal changes to be done in this process. TIA for your response Priya ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp look at http://www.pfcguide.com/downloads.asp (PFC objects for non-PFC applications) pbm_hopethishelps FX Liagre fxliagre@hotmail.com francois-xavier.liagre@lusis.fr Priya a �crit dans le message ... Hi, I would like to know if anyone had tried to convert or develop new fu...

PFC Security for Non-PFC Apps?
We have a suite of applications, some which are PFC-based while others are not. It would not be practical to make all our non-PFC applications PFC-compliant. Therefore, I'd like to take the PFC Security Service, rip it apart, and rebuild it from the base PowerBuilder classes rather than the PFC classes. I plan to then use this new, non-PFC Security Service in my non-PFC apps. Has anyone tried this? How did you go about doing it? Was it feasible? Better yet, does anyone have the source code for this already? The PFC Security service uses PFC events and hooks heavily. I...

adding PFC to non PFC libraries
I have developed my applications without PFC, and now in trouble with the security and other functionality, is it possible for me to add the PFC to my current libraries and make use of other services like Application security service? can a non-pfc application becomes a pfc application half way thru? Syed. --- Sapura Advanced Systems Sdn. Bhd, 18th Floor, Menara Tun Razak, Jalan Raja Laut, 50350 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Tel: (03) 295-3472, (03) 294-3000 Fax: (03) 294-6587, (03) 293-3154 On Thu, 07 May 1998 15:15:59 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Syed <sas@mas...

migrating non-pfc app to pfc
We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's been migrated to PB 10, but the framework is uses was developed in house years ago and is inadequate. I would love to move the app to PFC. I searched around and didn't find any articles or posts on this topic. The one article referenced was from a conference in 1998 and the link is invalid now on the sybase site. Anyone know of any valid links/articles/guidance on this topic? Thanks, Jim On 30 Dec 2005 07:35:36 -0800, Jim Ward wrote: >We have an old legacy app that is still used here. It's >been ...

Web resources about - PFC services in non pfc-template application - sybase.powerbuilder.general