PB9 executable vs running from powerbuilder

I am having a problem on the datawindow with fields that
have decimal points. When I start tiping in the field for
some reason the value is being entered behind the dot like
if I want to enter a value  1234.560000 it starts entering
from .123456 I have to click before the dot and then start
typing again in order to acheive desired value.
The weird part of my problem is that it happens only when I
run the executable. When I run the same code of PowerBuilder
this problem doesn't exist. I created several builds already
and its doing hte same thing. I am building the executable
of the same pbl that I run in PowerBuilder.
The PB version I use is 9.0.1 build 6533.
I never had this problem before, I am working on the upgrade
from PB8 to PB9 and this is the only problem that I see so
far. It happens only after the build and I dont' have
anything to look at where I can fix the problem and it
happens with most of the fields that have 6 decimal places.

Please help
Thanks
Karina
0
KarinaK

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Compiled vs. Running within Powerbuilder
I have a problem when trying to run a report outside of the Powerbuilder IDE. When I run it within the IDE the data window works fine. If I run it from the compiled version (exe), I receive an error that states Retrieve Error - No rows found. Any Ideas? Thanks, SKeller Is the database and login the same as the active profile in the IDE? Are you assigning the datawindow object in code? If so, either list in the PBR or build the deployment with PBDs. Skeller wrote in message <44DF7713355BDDAB004F622385256BF7.004F623085256BF7@webforums>... >I have a problem when t...

Compiled (exe) vs. Running within the Powerbuilder IDE
I have a problem when trying to run a report outside of the Powerbuilder IDE. When I run it within the IDE the data window works fine. If I run it from the compiled version (exe), I receive an error that states Retrieve Error - No rows found. Any Ideas? Thanks, SKeller How are you compiling the app? To one large EXE file, to separate DLLs (machine code), or to PBDs? -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com TechWave2002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E177 - Best Practices in Source Code Control with PowerBuilder <Skelle...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder vs Java vs C#
Just a bit of a rant really, not trying to start any wars or anything (just my personal opinions) I use powerbuilder for work, have been since version 5 we develop a suite of about 5 applications client/sever apps i have used java in my spare time for a similar sized application (just 1 app, not a suite of them) i have started using Visual C# 2005 because according to all the stuff i have read pb is going to dotnet and it would be a good idea to get the hang of things in dotnet before pb11 comes around the corner other langauges i have used alot are perl and php my com...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Problem running in PowerBuilder 9.03 IDE vs. compile version
We are expierencing a problem running an object in the IDE but when the application is compiled it runs successfully. We have a cursor in a function and the variables do not get populated within the fetch statement when run in the IDE. We use StarTeam and PowerGen to build the application. We can take the .pbl build from PowerGen and overlay the .pbl in the source. The application will run in the IDE until we make any modifications to the object. Even adding a blank line to the function causes the IDE to no longer run. Any ideas would be appreciated. I'd optimi...

HELP! Direct execution of SQL in Powerbuilder vs using stored procedures
I'm debugging a powerbuilder process for my company but I unfortunately don't have much pb experience... Here's the facts: Powerbuilder 5.0 Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 on Windows NT 3.51 The program opens a cursor on a dataset and then loops through the rows. For each row it must interrogate the data and then perform some appropriate action upon the database. The dataset is approx 500,000 rows and the job is taking a very long time (60 hours +) to complete. My task is to reduce the execution time. I've noticed that the code is calling a function for each itera...

INPUT and OUTPUT vs. Tmestamp vs. Powerbuilder
As I sit here throwing ASA8 databases across a network so I can use Powerbuilder8's 'pipeline' object at my desk to transfer data among these several dbs, I'm taking time for a question... >>>How come INPUT doesn't work?<<< The table in question is 4 columns, integer, char(6), char(8) and timestamp. And it's that pesky timestamp that seems to stump Interactive SQL, but is easy for the PB pipeline. I create the rows with either PB's 'SaveRowsAs..' or with ISQL's OUTPUT. And the data exports correctly. But when I go to...

Powerbuilder 6.5 build throws Run time execution error from Windows 2003 PC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub43412fd5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, We have a issue deploying PB 6.5 application build in Windows 2003 Server/Workstation PCs. We have so far been deploying this application in Windows 2000 and Windows XP PCs successfully. We get a PowerBuilder Runtime errors that had been attached with this message. I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue. Thanks, Ganesh ---=_forums-1-dub43412fd5 Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="PB error...

Web resources about - PB9 executable vs running from powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles