PB9: DataWindow.Printer vs. DataWindow.Print.PrinterName

In PB8, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer allowed you to direct Print
functions for the DW to a specific printer.

In PB9, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Print.PrinterName is supposed to provide
that capability, but dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer still exists.

What is the difference?  When should each property be used?

TIA,

Chet

0
Chetney

The only thing I can see is that possible the DataWindow.Printer is still here
for backwards compatibility.... It seems that the .printer only affects setting
the printer for that datawindow and does not change it for the PB or System
default printer. Also, if the printername specified is not valid, then .printer
will NOT atttempt to print to a default device (like print.printername would)

Print.PrinterName
A string containing the name of the printer you want to use to print the
DataWindow report. If the printer name is not specified or if the named printer
cannot be found at runtime, print output can be directed to the default printer
for the user's machine by setting the CanUseDefaultPrinter property. Otherwise,
an error is returned.Painter: Printer Name option.

dw_1.Object.DataWindow.Printer
The printer you select for a DataWindow does not affect the PowerBuilder default
printer or the system default printer. To specify a network-connected printer,
you must use a fully specified network printer name:

On Tue, 27 May 2003 23:21:42 -0700,
Chetney Hieber <hieber@nospam.net> wrote:
>In PB8, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer allowed you to direct Print
>functions for the DW to a specific printer.
>
>In PB9, dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Print.PrinterName is supposed to provide
>that capability, but dw_cntl.object.DataWindow.Printer still exists.
>
>What is the difference?  When should each property be used?
>
>TIA,
>
>Chet

0
ANdy

DataWindow This, DataWindow That...

Why does an rich text datawindow print after another datawindow even when sent to the printer first?
I am opening a print job with PrintOpen(), and then printing 3 datawindows with PrintDatawindow. The first is a regular datawindow, the second is a richtext datawindow and the third is a regular datawindow. The rich text datawindow always gets printed last. Has anyone else run across this? Is there anything I can do? ...

Printing One Copy of the DataWindow to the Default Printer, Then Setting In Code a Second Printer and printing to it
I have a situation where I want to be able to allow the user to print to multiple printers with a single menu option. the way I thought this could be done is by first issuing the Print() function that would sent the first copy to the default printer, then In Code (ie. I don't want to us the PrintSetup() Function) I want to switch to a second printer and Issue the Print() function. I have not been able to find anyway of doing this in PB. Please let me know if I'm not looking hard enough or do I have to use Windows API Calls to do this. If you or anyone you know have, have trie...

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Printing a datawindow with a nested datawindow under Win95
Hi PB'ers We have a strange problem when trying to print a datawindow with a nested datawindow. Printing from a 32 bit (interpreted or compiled) application under windows 95, the application crashes in the Kernel32.dll. If the same application is run under NT3.51 the there are no problems. The same goes if the same application is made as a 16 bit application. (running under NT, Win3 or Win95). We have the same problem in more than one application with different datawindows being printed, but the application doesn't crash every time a datawindow with a nested datawindo...

Html-datawindow vs web-datawindow
Hi! We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder. There we used html-datawindows. Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow. What is the differense? 40% of the pages arnt working after we migrated to PB8. It seems like there have been some changes? Regards Staale What errors are you seeing with the problem pages? A. Staale wrote: > Hi! > > We have mede some pages using datawindowbuilder. > There we used html-datawindows. > Now we have upgraded to PB8 and here it is called web-datawindow. > What is the differense? >...

choose a printer before print (not datawindow-print)
hello i need to choose a printer before i print a document (word-file, pdf-file.....) - and i'm looking for the printer-selection like the event/function Datawindow.pfc_printdlg().......... is it possible - or is there any function in pfc to choose a printer - get the selected printer-name - and then i print the selected document. many thank's in advance for any clue................... Michael Your question is not clear enough. If you're asking about printer selection, why not to use PrintSetup(), PrintGetPrinters() etc.? If you're in printing ext...

Printing a Datawindow in PowerBuilder
I have some problems properly printing a datawindow in PowerBuilder. When I print a document the printer will print the top half of the ast line on the third and bottom half of the line on the fourt page. In my datawindow I only have aboout four fields but the last one is a SQL Server "TEXT" field, so this field can store many pages of information. In the PowerBuilder Data Window I have the field set to auto size height. Another thing I have noticed that it prints differently on different computers, meaning it may print fine on one computer and not on another. S...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

HTML Datawindow DTC vs. Datawindow DTC
Can anyone tell me if the HTML Datawindow DTC provides an 'easy' way to make columns sortable like you can in the Datawindow DTC? Thanks, NP To do this you can code the following: <SCRIPT> htmlDW.SetSort('#1 A'); htmlDW.Sort(); </SCRIPT> This code could be tied to a drop down list box or a set of radio buttons that contains the column names to be sorted. Regards, Dan van Leeuwen On Wed, 12 May 1999 16:48:40 -0500, "Noah Pruzek" <npruzek@hotmail.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me if the HTML Datawindow DTC provides an...

How to print datawindow to different printer(I don't want to change default printer!)?
Hi, Is anybody knowing how to print datawindow to different printer? First , I don't want to change the default pirnter. Second, I don't want to use printsetup() to let user select printer. If you have some good idea, please tell us ASAP. Thanks a lot. AFAIK, the only way to do this is to set the other printer as the default, print, and set the original printer back to the default. -- Sam Tai Cotelligent kuiliu <> wrote in message news:Pxbluf7R$GA.164@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > Is anybody knowing how to print datawindow to dif...

Datawindow print to default printer
When I want to print my datawindows to a printer other than the default, my selection is ignored. No matter which printer I select in the print dialog, the report goes to the default printer. What am I doing wrong? Jim ...

DataWindows and datawindow objects

Web resources about - PB9: DataWindow.Printer vs. DataWindow.Print.PrinterName - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Printing Secrets Revealed: How to set Custom Page Sizes with CUPS Printjobs
lp -d printername -o PageSize=Custom.4x6in \ -o fitplot /path/to/PDF ; # inches lp -d printername -o PageSize=Custom.4x8cm \ -o fitplot /path/to/PDF ...