PB5 and Oracle connection problem (TNS-12203)

 We have a PowerBuilder 5.0.4 app running under Windows 95 connecting to

> Oracle.
>
> The problem is that we get the following message when the application
> takes a long time running.
>
> "ORA-12203:  TNS:unable to  connect to destination"
>
> The entry in the Oracle sqlnet.log (spanish language):
>
> VERSION INFORMATION:
>  TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.6.0.0 - Production
>  Windows NT TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version
> 8.0.6.0.0 - Production
>   Time: 09-MAR-01 07:40:54
>   Tracing not turned on.
>   Tns error struct:
>     nr err code: 12203
>     TNS-12203: TNS:no se puede conectar con el destino
>     ns main err code: 12560
>     TNS-12560: TNS:error del adaptador de protocolo
>     ns secondary err code: 0
>     nt main err code: 530
>     TNS-00530: Error del adaptador de protocolo
>     nt secondary err code: 55
>     nt OS err code: 0.
>
> To try to narrow down the problem, I've create the most simple
application
> possible.
> In the Open event of the application call the timer(59).
>
> The timer event sets up SQLCA and connects and disconnects to Oracle.
> The code works fine until the 95-100 tries. After that, ever trigger
> error.
>
> The software we are running on is:
> Oracle 8.0.5.1 for Unix
> PowerBuilder 5.04
> Using PBs native driver version: O72
> Oracle Client 8.0.6
>
> Any one have any suggestion on what might be the problem?
>
> Thank you
>
> Regards

0
Manuel

Use the O73 driver, not the O72 driver.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Manuel Serrano" <nekkar.mserrano@iberia.es> wrote in message
> We have a PowerBuilder 5.0.4 app running under Windows 95 connecting to
>
> > Oracle.
> >
> > The problem is that we get the following message when the application
> > takes a long time running.
> >
> > "ORA-12203:  TNS:unable to  connect to destination"
> >
> > The entry in the Oracle sqlnet.log (spanish language):
> >
> > VERSION INFORMATION:
> >  TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.6.0.0 - Production
> >  Windows NT TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version
> > 8.0.6.0.0 - Production
> >   Time: 09-MAR-01 07:40:54
> >   Tracing not turned on.
> >   Tns error struct:
> >     nr err code: 12203
> >     TNS-12203: TNS:no se puede conectar con el destino
> >     ns main err code: 12560
> >     TNS-12560: TNS:error del adaptador de protocolo
> >     ns secondary err code: 0
> >     nt main err code: 530
> >     TNS-00530: Error del adaptador de protocolo
> >     nt secondary err code: 55
> >     nt OS err code: 0.
> >
> > To try to narrow down the problem, I've create the most simple
> application
> > possible.
> > In the Open event of the application call the timer(59).
> >
> > The timer event sets up SQLCA and connects and disconnects to Oracle.
> > The code works fine until the 95-100 tries. After that, ever trigger
> > error.
> >
> > The software we are running on is:
> > Oracle 8.0.5.1 for Unix
> > PowerBuilder 5.04
> > Using PBs native driver version: O72
> > Oracle Client 8.0.6
> >
> > Any one have any suggestion on what might be the problem?
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Regards

0
Terry

TNS Problem when connecting Oracle
Hi, I was trying to connect our Oracle 10g database with tnsname.ora file and its working fine for exes. But when I tried to connect our DB Profile from PowerBuilder 11 application by configuring the profile, I got an error like 'ORA-12154: TNS: Could not resolve the connect identifier specified'. But we can run our exe from the same system. Let me know why happenning this error pls. Thanks in advance. Jemson Kuriakose. It means your connect string is wrong. We can't tell you what is wrong with it unless you tell us what it is. <Jemson Kuriakose> wrote in...

PB5 and Oracle connection problem
We have a PowerBuilder 5.0.4 app running under Windows 95 connecting to=20 Oracle. The problem is that we get the following message when the application takes= =20 a long time running. "ORA-12203: TNS:unable to connect to destination" The entry in the Oracle sqlnet.log (spanish language):=20 VERSION INFORMATION: TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.6.0.0 - Production Windows NT TCP/IP NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version=20 8.0.6.0.0 - Production Time: 09-MAR-01 07:40:54 Tracing not turned on. Tns error struct: nr err code: ...

PB5.0 on Win98 Oracle Connect Problem
I've been running PB5 32-bit on Win95 connecting to Oracle 7.3.3. I tried moving over to Win98. Everything seemed to install smoothly. However, when I try to connect to Oracle using the DB painter, I receive a message "DBMS O72 ORACLE v7.2 is not supported in your installation". I've checked the SYS directory and the PBOR7050.DLL is there and the size matches the PBO72050.DLL. I've reinstalled once and that didn't help. I've tried installing just the Native Drivers after the original installation. Still no luck. Does anyone know what could be causing ...

pb5 connection problem with oracle 7.3
Hi all news group members, I just saw a news group item refering to the same problem. I have just freshly installed power builder 5.0 over pb4 as an update and selected the custom option. Thru the details box I have also selected oracle 7.1 as well as oracle 7.2 native database interfaces. The autoexec has an entry for c:\pwrs\sys. (the machine is rebooted to effect this ) and I have also checked the presence of pbo71050.dll and pbo72050.dll in c:\pwrs\sys directory. The DBMS entry in the data base profile/new option, the drop down list box shows 'O71 ORACLE v7.1' and '...

PowerBuilder 9 and Oracle 10 TNS timeout on connecting
Hi, have found a lot of threads dealing with PB9/Ora10 and the support matrix at http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1011566 which states the same thing: PB 9.0.2 should connect to Ora 10g using PBO9090.DLL and the Oracle 9 Client installed. Actually it does ... sometimes. But every second or third try fails with ORA-12535: TNS: Timeout ... I don't get this error connecting with SQLPlus. Any hints on this? Using PB 9.0.2 8004, Oracle Client 9.2.0.8.0 on WXP and Oracle Server 10.2.0.3.0 on Linux. TIA Chris Werner Sounds like a network issue. You should probably du...

Connection problem of pb5.03 to Oracle 8.3
I have developed an application under PB5.03 . The application works on Oracle 7.3 properly.I got the beta version of oracle 8 driver for connecting my application to it,but When I want to logged on to oracle 8.03 via my application as an user . An error occurs due to the sql command below; ******string ls_sys_passwd,ls_tsr_code "select password,tsr_name into :ls_sys_passwd, :g_session.tsr_name from tsr Where tsr_code = :ls_tsr_code Using g_transactions[ii_transaction_index] ;" ****** This my initial sql command to connect to oracle 8.03 the error mess...

Oracle/Powerbuilder connection solution (ORA-12203/12154/03121)
If you're getting one of these messages: ORA-12203 TNS:unable to connect to destination ORA-12154 TNS:could not resolve service name ORA-03121 no interface driver connected - function not performed Then, go to my website for a possible solution. http://members.aol.com:/redravenproducts/private/index.htm I hope this solves the problem for some. .... Red Raven ...

Oracle 7.3 and PB5.0 Problems Trying To Connect
I'm trying to set up an application that connects to Oracle Version 7.3 using SQL*Net I get this error message BAD IMAGE "The application or DLL pbo72050.dll is not a valid Windows NT image. Please check this against your installation diskette." Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Amy That looks like you are using the wrong sqlnet version. Are you installing sqlnet for w95 on NT or vice versa? Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Amy and Lars <larsamy@nl.telia.no> wrote in article <01bcc77f$43b3c480$d0ecccc3@roland2>... > I'm trying to set u...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

Checking the status oracle connection PB9.0 Oracle 9i(9.2.0.50) Lost connection problem (LAN and WAN)
Cheers to all. We want to know if there is a way to get the status of the connection with oracle databse (online way), we use native driver for Oracle9i. Some times we get some lan and wan problems that produce small lost connection in seconds, but we dont any action that describe the success problem. we need to put some code in the application that help us to know the exactly moment when these happen to take some decision something loke a monitor tool. we appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance Eduardo Primera from: Venezuela ...

Oracle 7.3, PB6.5 can't connect, PB5.003 No Problem
We had a strange problem. I have an Oracle7.3 DB. 1. No PB version had connected to it before. 2. I logged into it using SYSTEM in PB6.5. The PBCatalog tables were created. I logged out and restarted PB6.5. 3. Then I attempted to log in using another user_id in PB6.5. I got the following error message, "Please connect as the PowerBuilder Catalog Owner. This is necessary for the initial connection to Oracle to GRANT priveleges on the repository." 4. I went to another machine that has PB5.0.03 and attempted to login using the same user_id. It went in fine. 5. R...

URGENT - Windows 7 - 64 Bit / PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi - I am on Windows 7 - 64 Bit OS with PowerBuilder 11.5 installed. I Installed Oracle 11g (11.2.0) and trying to connect from database painter and getting Connectivity Problem: "Oracle Library: OCI.DLL could not be loaded" I tried ORA Oracle DB Interface (meant for 11g and higher). I have Oracle_Home set, both oracle_home and PowerBuilder in PATH. There are NO duplicate OCI.DLLs. Oracle 11g works fine from SQL Plus and SQL Developer. It's only with PowerBuilder 11.5 connectivity problem. Is PowerBuilder 11.5 compatible with Windows 7 - 64 Bit for Oracle ...

Web resources about - PB5 and Oracle connection problem (TNS-12203) - sybase.powerbuilder.general

The Direct Connection

Is There A Connection Between Patrick Murphy's Over-The-Top Corruption And His Campaign Emails?
The DCCC may be stupid or even very stupid (as well as utterly incompetent) but their e-mail strategy is very well-planned out. Their overarching ...

CNN: Investigators Find ISIS Connection In San Bernardino Shooting
As the San Bernardino attack was happening, the female shooter, Tashfeen Malik posted on Facebook, pledging allegiance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr ...

Connection And Collaboration In the Cloud
Forbes technology editor Bruce Upbin deconstructs the cloud and maps its potential to your life.

Man wanted in connection to Waco biker shooting arrested in Louisiana
A man wanted in the deadly shootout involving rival motorcycle gangs earlier this year in Texas was arrested in northwest Louisiana on Wednesday, ...

2 Arrested in Connection With Midtown Manhattan Shooting
2 men arrested in connection with midtown Manhattan shooting that left 1 dead