PB12 SNC vs PB9 MSS

I have 100 machines running a PB9 app.  Used
dbmssocn.dll/dbnetlib.dll to connect to the database.  Then
app had to be migrated to PB12.  Now I get an 'Unable to
connect to the database' error.  Do I need to install SNC on
every machine or is there a substitute to
dbmssocn.dll/dbnetlib.dll
0
DMF
1/13/2011 11:15:28 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

Hi DMF;

   Microsoft deprecated "dbnetlib.dll" as they moved into the Unicode world.

Yes, SNC will work well with PB 11 and higher and you need to install the
client on each PC

Note: SNC is really "fast path" through OLE-DB

FWIW: Personally, MS really blew it by not continuing with a Unicode version
of dbnetlib.dll
   I love Sybase's ASE. All I need to do is set a environment variable to
point to the server where the native client DLL's reside and away the
applications go! So much better than MS's mentality of assuming everyone
will install all their software on every PC.   :-)

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"DMF" wrote in message news:4d2f8790.69e0.1681692777@sybase.com...

I have 100 machines running a PB9 app.  Used
dbmssocn.dll/dbnetlib.dll to connect to the database.  Then
app had to be migrated to PB12.  Now I get an 'Unable to
connect to the database' error.  Do I need to install SNC on
every machine or is there a substitute to
dbmssocn.dll/dbnetlib.dll

0
Chris

PB9 executable vs running from powerbuilder
I am having a problem on the datawindow with fields that have decimal points. When I start tiping in the field for some reason the value is being entered behind the dot like if I want to enter a value 1234.560000 it starts entering from .123456 I have to click before the dot and then start typing again in order to acheive desired value. The weird part of my problem is that it happens only when I run the executable. When I run the same code of PowerBuilder this problem doesn't exist. I created several builds already and its doing hte same thing. I am building the executable of th...

Powerbuilder vs Java vs C#
Just a bit of a rant really, not trying to start any wars or anything (just my personal opinions) I use powerbuilder for work, have been since version 5 we develop a suite of about 5 applications client/sever apps i have used java in my spare time for a similar sized application (just 1 app, not a suite of them) i have started using Visual C# 2005 because according to all the stuff i have read pb is going to dotnet and it would be a good idea to get the hang of things in dotnet before pb11 comes around the corner other langauges i have used alot are perl and php my com...

INPUT and OUTPUT vs. Tmestamp vs. Powerbuilder
As I sit here throwing ASA8 databases across a network so I can use Powerbuilder8's 'pipeline' object at my desk to transfer data among these several dbs, I'm taking time for a question... >>>How come INPUT doesn't work?<<< The table in question is 4 columns, integer, char(6), char(8) and timestamp. And it's that pesky timestamp that seems to stump Interactive SQL, but is easy for the PB pipeline. I create the rows with either PB's 'SaveRowsAs..' or with ISQL's OUTPUT. And the data exports correctly. But when I go to...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

What generals generally do

\ vs / vs %

ODBC vs SQLOLEDB vs MSS Microsoft SQL Server (Native Drivers)
PowerBuilder 9.0.1 We're currently migrating an application from PB 6.5.1 ,with ODBC to MSSQL 7, to PB 9.0.1 My question being should I stick with ODBC or should I go with OLE DB or should I go with Native Drivers for MSSQL Server? Anybody have the pro's and con's? Basically we are looking for is any boost in performance. As well as which has less problems (g).. Thanks, Adrian MSS support only MS SQL 6.5 functionality, no future OLE_DB works well in PB 9.1, faster than ODBC, about same as MSS "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com...

Features of SNC SQL Native Client vs OLEDB vs ADO.NET
We have migrated our application in PowerBuilder 9 to PowerBuilder 11. PB 9 worked well with SNC Native Client driver. Thinking to use ADO.NET or OLEDB instead. If we get any sort replies related to comparision, features and connectivity that could be immense useful PoweBuilder 9 didn't have the SNC native driver??? Did you mean the MSS native driver in PB9? On 21 Jan 2008 12:58:06 -0800, Viswa wrote: >We have migrated our application in PowerBuilder 9 to >PowerBuilder 11. PB 9 worked well with SNC Native Client >driver. Thinking to use ADO.NET or OLEDB instead....

3.5 C5 vs. 3.6.1 vs. PowerBuilder -- who wins?
I've diligently probed the newsgroups for clarity on whether to use 3.5 or 3.6.1, and I must admit I'm more confused now than ever before. Could somebody please provide a compatibility matrix for the various versions / patches of EAS? Why was 3.5 C5 even released, if the 'current' version of EAS is 3.6.1? Our current environment: Jaguar build 36017 PowerBuilder 7.0.2 build 8046 We want to use many of the enhancements / fixes that were listed in 3.5 C5 (datawindow memory usage, etc.), but PB7.03 maintenance is not certified w/3.6.1, 7.03 C5 requires an EAServer...

OLE DB vs. MSS MS SQL Server 6.x to MSS 7.0 DBMS
I'm looking for info on the pros and cons of using OLE DB to connect to a MSS 7.0 database compared to using the native database driver. I've tried it both ways, and they both seem to work for client our client server apps. It seems as though the native MSS 6.x driver is easier to configure. And we appear to be able to read and write data OK. Are there any gotchas lurking out there? Can anyone provide a reference? Thanks, Marvin Young marvy@atg.wa.gov ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I just finis...

VS 2005 vs VS 2008
Hi all ,                  Iam using VS2005 till now and i want to grade up my self with the VS2008 then what are the Added Advantage for me as a DEVELOPER and as a Teamlead as a Project ManagerNothing is impossible as the IMPOSSIBLE word itself says I M Possible...just you have to try..u get all what you desirePradeep BishtBLOG ::--> http://dotnetarmy.blogspot.com/URL ::--> http://www.asp.net   check this URL, http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko/archive/2007/10/08/visual-studio-2005-or-...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Powerbuilder vs Actuate
Hi Has anybody heard of Actuate. The company wants to sell us their products. Since PB 7.0 we are not really sure if should stay with PB! Thanks Henry From what I see on their Web site, this is a reporting tool, not a Client/Server, Distributed and Web development environment. Depending on what your needs are, this may or may not be an option. If you have been successful in the past with PowerBuilder, and it still solves your IT/business problems, there is no reason to switch. If you experienced issues with PB7, consider upgrading to 8.0. The investment will be less that th...

Delphi vs Powerbuilder
Hi All! I used to be a Delphi fan until I came accross PB back in 1995. It took me some time to be convinced, however, I need assistance to convince people who are ignorant about PB that PB is a much better tool than Delphi. It always sounds better coming from somebody else in another part of the world. Many thanks in advance. Run this DejaNews query -- http://www.deja.com/qs.xp?ST=PS&QRY=PB+Vs.+VB+Vs.+Delphi&defaultOp=AND&DBS=1 &OP=dnquery.xp&LNG=ALL&subjects=&groups=*powerbuilder*&authors=&fromdate=&to date=&showsort=score&ma...

Web resources about - PB12 SNC vs PB9 MSS - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Front Valley Snow Cam, Perisher
Front Valley. Perisher's main access run to the entire resort. An easy intermediate slope that's wide and well groomed.

Joewee's profile
AVS Joewee's profile Eau Claire Wisconsin

What the outliers say
STRIKING free trade deals is tough business. If the countries' economies are similar, many sectors will regard their counterparts as rivals and ...

System Showcase - Polk Audio®
Polk Audio Free Shipping on All Orders 1-866-764-1801 Vist our Online Store YouTube Facebook Twitter Products In & Around the Home Home Theater ...

Premier Guitar: Gear news, reviews, videos and more.
Premier Guitar is a magazine that offers information on guitars, amps, effects, modifications, repairs and more. Also features reviews, lessons, ...

The best iphone/android external battery pack, external battery charger, portable power bank online ...
Shop ipad external battery, iphone battery pack and best external battery pack for iphone, Samsung Galaxy tab, Android phone, tablet PC Now! ...

Galleries - Sound and Vision Magazine
Close Member Login Invalid username or password. Username Password Incorrect Login. Please try again. Forgot username or password ? Not a member? ...

Board Exam Results 2015 - Topperlearning
Get your Board Exam results 2015 for class 10 and 12th. Register on Topperlearning and to get your board result on your phone.

Leadville Trail 100 Course Maps
Leadville Trail 100 - Results Archive Go to Lifetime Fitness for historical results: Lifetime Fitness Leadville Race Series Leadman/woman · All ...

ISNI 0000000080905731 Johnson, S. (1963-)
Database copyright © ISNI-IA, powered by OCLC Search - Results - Advanced - Terms of Use & Use of Cookies - Help User id: ISNI - log in - logout ...