PB v9b6111 - Error in DW subreports that wasn't in build PB v9b5507

Error in the PB v9 build 6111 that didn't happen in build 5507. When you
have a datawindow with a sub-report that then has its own subreport, and all
are set to auto-size height... The nested subreport simply grows wacky and
sizes too large and overlaps the subreport that it is inside of.

We discovered that if we take the one pbdwe90 dll from the 5507 build and
only place that one dll in when I'm using all b6111 dll's as my dll set,
then it fixes the problem. So the error occurs within that one dll. Is it
safe to do this? Of course I'd rather have an EBF beyond 6111 that has it
fixed within itself. But we need the 6111 build because of the critical
error that 5507 has regarding 2-digit empty dates being converted to 2000.

-- 
Luciano
Replace nospam with hotmail for e-mail.


0
Luch
8/26/2003 11:01:13 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 18 followers. Follow

5 Replies
529 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 12

You should not mix dlls from different builds.
Please report this issue to Tech Support.

-- 
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
http://www.pb9books.com
product enhancement requests:
http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement


"Luch" <optimaljedi@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:3f4be6b9@forums-1-dub...
> Error in the PB v9 build 6111 that didn't happen in build 5507. When you
> have a datawindow with a sub-report that then has its own subreport, and
all
> are set to auto-size height... The nested subreport simply grows wacky and
> sizes too large and overlaps the subreport that it is inside of.
>
> We discovered that if we take the one pbdwe90 dll from the 5507 build and
> only place that one dll in when I'm using all b6111 dll's as my dll set,
> then it fixes the problem. So the error occurs within that one dll. Is it
> safe to do this? Of course I'd rather have an EBF beyond 6111 that has it
> fixed within itself. But we need the 6111 build because of the critical
> error that 5507 has regarding 2-digit empty dates being converted to 2000.
>
> -- 
> Luciano
> Replace nospam with hotmail for e-mail.
>
>


0
Terry
8/27/2003 2:36:40 PM
Please work with Sybase Technical Support on reporting this to get it
addressed ASAP.  I'm hoping you went through support to get the 6111
patch, so the engineering you worked with then can support you here.

On 26 Aug 2003 16:01:13 -0700, "Luch" <optimaljedi@nospam.com> wrote:

>Error in the PB v9 build 6111 that didn't happen in build 5507. When you
>have a datawindow with a sub-report that then has its own subreport, and all
>are set to auto-size height... The nested subreport simply grows wacky and
>sizes too large and overlaps the subreport that it is inside of.
>
>We discovered that if we take the one pbdwe90 dll from the 5507 build and
>only place that one dll in when I'm using all b6111 dll's as my dll set,
>then it fixes the problem. So the error occurs within that one dll. Is it
>safe to do this? Of course I'd rather have an EBF beyond 6111 that has it
>fixed within itself. But we need the 6111 build because of the critical
>error that 5507 has regarding 2-digit empty dates being converted to 2000.
>
>-- 
>Luciano
>Replace nospam with hotmail for e-mail.
>
>

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA
0
joneil
8/27/2003 2:48:46 PM
I didn't go through Sybase... just posted a request on this NG for a build that
fixed a bug regarding null dates being converted to Jan1,2000. I was given the
link to build 6111 by a John Olson @ TeamSybase and it worked great until we
discovered this.

I'll report to Sybase tech support. Just hope they work on it fast because we
need to put out the 6111 or later build to fix the bug with the null/y2k date.


On 27 Aug 2003 07:48:46 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote: 
>Please work with Sybase Technical Support on reporting this to get it
>addressed ASAP.  I'm hoping you went through support to get the 6111
>patch, so the engineering you worked with then can support you here.
>
>On 26 Aug 2003 16:01:13 -0700, "Luch" <optimaljedi@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>Error in the PB v9 build 6111 that didn't happen in build 5507. When you
>>have a datawindow with a sub-report that then has its own subreport, and all
>>are set to auto-size height... The nested subreport simply grows wacky and
>>sizes too large and overlaps the subreport that it is inside of.
>>
>>We discovered that if we take the one pbdwe90 dll from the 5507 build and
>>only place that one dll in when I'm using all b6111 dll's as my dll set,
>>then it fixes the problem. So the error occurs within that one dll. Is it
>>safe to do this? Of course I'd rather have an EBF beyond 6111 that has it
>>fixed within itself. But we need the 6111 build because of the critical
>>error that 5507 has regarding 2-digit empty dates being converted to 2000.
>>
>>-- 
>>Luciano
>>Replace nospam with hotmail for e-mail.
>>
>>
>
>Jim O'Neil
>Principal Technical Support Engineer
>Sybase, Inc.
>Concord, MA

Replace nospam with hotmail for e-mail.
0
Luch
8/27/2003 6:04:45 PM
The users that say "Never mix .dll's from build to build" are 100% correct.
It is a bad practice.
Now, in builds that are "close enough" it can be done with good results,
sometimes.  Realize that you are responsibile for any "negative" results and
test carefully.  If it were me I would try to get the necessary .dll out of
a build as close to 6111 as possible and still have it work. 6066,  6075,
6086 or 6096 may serve you better.

I would try to "code around" the problem in my code first.


0
Tyler
8/27/2003 9:55:54 PM
Support is the way to go if it's urgent... for what it's worth I
created a datawindow based on what you described - from the demo
database - and it didn't exhibit a problem.  It could well be a
combination of other properties and the specific data you have.

On 27 Aug 2003 11:04:45 -0700, "Luch" <optimaljedi@nospam.com> wrote:

>I didn't go through Sybase... just posted a request on this NG for a build that
>fixed a bug regarding null dates being converted to Jan1,2000. I was given the
>link to build 6111 by a John Olson @ TeamSybase and it worked great until we
>discovered this.
>
>I'll report to Sybase tech support. Just hope they work on it fast because we
>need to put out the 6111 or later build to fix the bug with the null/y2k date.
>
>
>On 27 Aug 2003 07:48:46 -0700,
> in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
>Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote: 
>>Please work with Sybase Technical Support on reporting this to get it
>>addressed ASAP.  I'm hoping you went through support to get the 6111
>>patch, so the engineering you worked with then can support you here.
>>
>>On 26 Aug 2003 16:01:13 -0700, "Luch" <optimaljedi@nospam.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Error in the PB v9 build 6111 that didn't happen in build 5507. When you
>>>have a datawindow with a sub-report that then has its own subreport, and all
>>>are set to auto-size height... The nested subreport simply grows wacky and
>>>sizes too large and overlaps the subreport that it is inside of.
>>>
>>>We discovered that if we take the one pbdwe90 dll from the 5507 build and
>>>only place that one dll in when I'm using all b6111 dll's as my dll set,
>>>then it fixes the problem. So the error occurs within that one dll. Is it
>>>safe to do this? Of course I'd rather have an EBF beyond 6111 that has it
>>>fixed within itself. But we need the 6111 build because of the critical
>>>error that 5507 has regarding 2-digit empty dates being converted to 2000.
>>>
>>>-- 
>>>Luciano
>>>Replace nospam with hotmail for e-mail.
>>>
>>>
>>
>>Jim O'Neil
>>Principal Technical Support Engineer
>>Sybase, Inc.
>>Concord, MA
>
>Replace nospam with hotmail for e-mail.

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA
0
joneil
8/28/2003 5:35:45 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Moved to PB 9.0.3, and now I can't build...because I can't see any objects in the PBDOM.PBD files
I tried to do a build just now, my first since moving to 9.0.3, Build 8004 from 9.0.2, and it failed. Invalid object soapexeption... Say what? Well, when I look at my Sybase PBDs, there aren'y any objects listed in these PBDs. Okay, so invalid is the correct error, but where did the objects go? The files aren't empty... Is there a way to regenerate the object list? c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbdom90.pbd; c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbejbclient90.pbd; c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder\pbsoapclient90.pbd; I also have ...

Conversion PB 6.5 to PB 10.0.1
Hi all PB seems to want to throw ~ inside a string value in a where clause.. The code to build the clause: ls_WhereClause = ls_WhereClause + ' table.field = "' + & dw_main.OBJECT.field[1] + '"' The result: and table.field = ~"10~" I pulled the SQLSelect from the DW to see the results part. I'm sure I'm missing something silly somewhere.. Thoughts? TIA P. Philippe wrote: > Hi all > > PB seems to want to throw ~ inside a string value in a where clause.. > > The code to build the claus...

In PB 9 Can't set selected data from one dw as the data in another dw
This statement used to work in PB7. ...Selected.Data produced a tab-delimited string that could be set to or imported into another datawindow with the same columns. dw1.Object.DataWindow.Data = dw2.Object.DataWindow.Selected.Data Now you get an error -- unable to access external object property data..... In PB 9 Build 7066, this statement produces an array any array_data array_data= dw2.Object.Data.Selected The following statement doesn't return anything string data data = dw2.Describe("DataWindow.Selected.Data") But this does if you leave the S...

dw.Object.DataWindow.hidegrayline = 'yes' not work for PB 7.0.3 Build 10312?
...

How to convert MS SQL's 'smalldatetime' to PB 'date' in DW?
Suppose I have a Powerbuilder datawindow with a column of type 'date'. I also have a MS SQL 7 database table with a column of type 'date' where 'date' is a MS SQL's user defined type which maps to MS SQL's 'smalldatetime'. Now I retrieve the datawindow. On Windows XP Professional in the datawindow I have a beautiful date, let's say '1-2-03' but on Windows 95 I have garbage: '??-??-1241' or similar. Here is my question: how to convert the MS SQL's 'smalldatetime' value to the PB 'date' type 'on-the...

PB can't build app
Hi All, I have a little problem with PB9 (build 6086 now, but other builds are similiar). My app after full (or incremental) aborting with message like 'But runtime function reference ...'. If I was regenerate one object, app aborted on other object. Two weeks regenerating object after object and testing and I thing 'all working'. But I can't make a build (build needs regeneration - and regeneration destroy objects). I have large app ~250 libs and ~7000 objects. I am sure - all libs and all objects are ok. If I make build using PowerGen all works fine. But what ...

Powerbuilder based 'trial' and 'copy protection' for a PB app.
Hello all, Has anyone written a Powerbuilder based control or library for copy protecting and licensing a Powerbuilder application ? I would like to offer customers a 30 day free trial and then be able to provide them an unlock license key to license the software on a particular computer. I have found the commercial solutions to be complicated and cumbersome and expensive expensive. you should post this question over in the commercial-isv.general newsgroup "Dave P" wrote in message news:4c22200b.7a89.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello all, > > Has anyone...

PB generated COM used by PB client: Doesn't work?!
In PB I've created a very simple COM .dll with one function : of_multiply (see attached IDL-file). of_multiply() code looks like: long ll_res ll_res = al_arg1 * al_arg2 return ll_res I have a second PB app in which I want to use the COM object. Client code as follows: oleobject lole_com long ll_res lole_com = create oleobject ll_res = lole_com.ConnectToNewObject ( 'PB70.n_com' ) if ll_res <> 0 then MessageBox ( 'Connect to COM object failed','Error: ' + String ( ll_res )) return end if ...

SMP and PB shared object DOESN'T WORK- PB GPFs
ANYONE GOING LIVE WITH A CRITICAL PRODUCTION SYSTEM USING SHARED OBJECTS ON SMP PLEASE BE ADVISED. I'm posting to this group since this problem affects the application server environment the most. I'm working with a small telecom co. that is implementing many large systems with DPB. We had been working with Sybase to resolve a very critical issue. PB GPFs when using shared objects on a SMP server. We have reproduced it with 2 of our apps and Sybase has admitted to the problem. I think it meant big changes for them and they have not delivered the fix required. I...

Why PB-9.0 can't be updated from PB 6.5?
Hi, Just wondering, PB-9.0 update require license CD of 7.X/8.X? This is b_coz we ordered pb-9.0 update and we have 6.5 installed in our company. Simply refuse to install from 6.5 Big height is Sybase sales person didn?t know this!!! MDesai The Upgrade normally applies to only the previous version or two. Where are you located? Sybase has just announced a special offer for people who have versions of PB prior to PB 7.x. I'm not sure if this offer is good world wide, but let me know where you are located and I'll see what we can do for you. Regards, Dave ...

'Please don't cross-post.'
1. For those of us who peruse these, it would be nice to indicate in what group the question was answered. 2. If it is posted in two places, would even be nicer if it was answered in at least one place, instead of two 'Please don't cross-post.' responses! YMTCW Ken Metz Programmer/Analyst Kansas City Power and Light It's that kind of maintenance that we're trying to avoid. The solution to the issue is for people to stop cross-posting. On 20 Jan 2005 13:50:56 -0800, "Ken Metz" <kenneth.metz@kcpl.com> wrote: >1. For those of ...

Doing a 'build' in PB 8
In PB 8, I have a single target inside my workspace and I have a Project that creates an executable. In the System Tree, I click on the Full Build icon -- only to find that it hasn't created my executable. In the Output pane I see it's done the proper status reporting -- rebuilds and regenerates and says 'Finished Full build of target polsum', but no executable has been built. What's the story? Is there a difference between building a target and building an executable? Full build is for regenerating your objects - say you have them under SCC and several t...

PB 5.0.4 Application can't migrate to PB 6.5
Hi, I try to migrate the application from PB5.0.4 to PB6.5. After migration, some errors occurs. Problem 1: A window ( say w_abc) which is inherited from another window (w_inherit). After migration, it has following errors Object: w_abc Instance Variables (0002) Error C0001: Illegal data type: istru_result istru_result - is a window structure in w_inherit window and it is used in w_abc instance variables In w_abc window, Instance variables: istru_result istru_result1 Problem 2: If a function which used string array ...

Can't register PB Shared Object from Standard PB component on JCTS3.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01BFF5CD.739F8C40 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0031_01BFF5CD.739F8C40" ------=_NextPart_001_0031_01BFF5CD.739F8C40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having problems when registering a PowerBuilder shared object in = the activate event script of a standard PB component on Jaguar. It gives = error on calling the SharedObjectRegister() function, the Errorreturn = value is ErrorStaringPBSes...

PB 8 component can't retrieve DW
I have been using PB8 components in EAS4 for some time and use DWs with Datastores. All has been well, retrieving blob to the dw control of my app until now. A new component keeps crashing when its only method calls a simple dw as part of a datastore. It works in my development system but when I create a jaguar JAR and import to production JAGUAR it stops at the datastore.retrieve() of the dw. I have included all unreferenced objects but still no luck. Where else can I look?? TIA Joe ...

Web resources about - PB v9b6111 - Error in DW subreports that wasn't in build PB v9b5507 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Languages -> C# Articles, Tutorials, Examples: ASP Alliance
.NET,ASP,ASP.NET,SQL,XML,HTML,ADO,ADO.NET,JavaScript,JScript,CSharp,VBScript and VB tutorials from AspAlliance.

Printing simple tabular reports with JTable
Printing simple tabular reports with JTable - Alan's Ramblings

Izenda - Maps for Fast and Easy Geographic Data Analysis
... adding a special license key and dll, a maps tab will appear in the report designer. Here you can specify what fields, functions and subreports ...

Reports made easy with JasperReports
JasperReports, a popular, full-featured open source report-generating library, uses XML report templates to generate reports you can display ...

Domain-Specific Modeling (DSM) for Full Code Generation
Code Generation from Domain-Specific Modeling (DSM) compared to Unified Modeling Language (UML) and Model Driven Aproach (MDA).

WebSurveyor 5
WebSurveyor 5 supports most Web survey bells and whistles, while still being sur-prisingly easy to use.


Using LINQ to SQL instead of a sub report.
Software, Business, Life . . .

Small Business - Securian Microsite Offers Financial Advisors Insight Into The Small Business Owner Market ...
ST. PAUL, Minn.(BUSINESS WIRE) As small business owners, financial advisors know that dozens of decisions are made each day to keep the business ...

Application Lifecycle Management FAQ - Application Lifecycle Management Questions and Answers
Find answers to your toughest Application Lifecycle Management questions.

Resources last updated: 1/8/2016 2:31:24 PM