PB Stored Procs for MS SQL Server?

 Are there MS SQL Server versions of the pbsyc.sql and
 pbsyc2.sql Adaptive Server stored procedures we run as
 part of installing PowerBuilder (9.0)?  If so, where can
 they be found?  I find some for Oracle and DB2 in the
 server folder of the PB 9 installation CD, but not SQL
 Server.  If there are none, what functionality will be
 missing in PowerBuilder without them?

 Thanks in Advance for your help!

 (BTW, we are very sad to be migrating to MS SQL Server
 from ASE, but a mandate came down from management to do
 so.  But we are trying to convince them to let us keep our
 ASA databases!)
0
Mary

only ASE has these stored procs (and they are optional with the
current releases).  The Oracle and DB2 files you refer to are for the
creation of PowerBuilder Catalog tables - completely different from
what's in PBSYC.SQL.

There is no functionality loss.

On 8 Sep 2006 08:22:58 -0700, Mary wrote:

> Are there MS SQL Server versions of the pbsyc.sql and
> pbsyc2.sql Adaptive Server stored procedures we run as
> part of installing PowerBuilder (9.0)?  If so, where can
> they be found?  I find some for Oracle and DB2 in the
> server folder of the PB 9 installation CD, but not SQL
> Server.  If there are none, what functionality will be
> missing in PowerBuilder without them?
>
> Thanks in Advance for your help!
>
> (BTW, we are very sad to be migrating to MS SQL Server
> from ASE, but a mandate came down from management to do
> so.  But we are trying to convince them to let us keep our
> ASA databases!)
0
Jim

PB and MS SQL Server stored procs
Hi , We are using MS SQL Server 2000 with PowerBuilder 6.5 . There is a stored procedure that returns four columns from a table ( max 1 row). The procedure has 2 input parameters and it returns 4 columns and 1 row as part of a select statement . We are calling this procedure from PowerBuilder using DECLARE and trying to get the result using EXECUTE and FETCH . But there are no rows returned to PowerBuilder . The same EXECUTE gives the 1 row and 4 columns from with MS SQL SERVER ( using the Query Analyzer) . What do we do ? We also tried using a datawindow with this proc...

Calling Stored Proc in MS SQl Server 2005 from PB 10.5.1
ALL: The stored procedure has the OUTPUT parameter defined in it. When it is getting executed the values are not passed back to PB. Please any help is appreciated.Hope a member from Teamsybase will address it. function long sp_Upload_MCCS(int agi_center_id,long agl_campaign_id,ref string messg_text) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR "dbo.sp_Upload_MCCS" li_ret_fetch = lnvo_tr.sp_Upload_MCCS(gi_center,ll_campaign_id,ls_messg) Is there any parameter need to be setup. I am using OLEDB to connect to DB. tr.DbParm="PROVIDER='SQLOLEDB',DATASOURCE='" + servername+ &...

PB calling a MS sql Server stored proc...and the raiserror are not bubling up in the correct order.
Running MSsqlserver 2000, PB 8.03 (PFC) I am doing a RPC call via sqlca like so ll_rtc = sqlca.usp_claim_verify( istr_name_id.claim_id, ls_emsg) SetPointer(arrow!) IF sqlca.sqlcode <> 0 then MessageBox('Claim Item Processing',& 'An error occured trying to VERIFY' + & ' the claim/items.~r~n' + & 'sqlcode:' + string(sqlca.sqlcode) + & '~r~n'+ 'sqlerrtext:'+ sqlca.sqlerrtext) return END IF If ll_rtc <> 0 THEN MessageBox('Claim Item Procesin...

Return vals from MS-SQL-Server stored procs in embedded SQL
hi ... how do i get the return value from executing a stored procedure declared in a MS-SQL-Server database within Powerbuilder 5.0.04 embedded SQL statements? the return value i want is *not* the result-set nor an output parameter -- it is the return value specified by [return xxx] within the stored proc in the database. any help is appreciated! thanks, andrew The return value is returned as the first value in the SECOND result set. Any output args are returned, in order, after the return value in the same (second) result set. In embedded SQL, after you execute the ...

[...]

Call a MS SQL Server 2000 stored procedure in PB 8 via a PB script and Datawindow
I tried to call a stored procedure with owner name "sbs" via PB script and datawindow.Also I tried different way to call it, using ownername.procname, procname, and dbname.ownername.procname. But nothing works. it Always say something is not a parameter of the proc. The error message did not show the owner name as a part of the proc call. so I think that somehow the owner name wasn't sent to SQL 2000 server. if I changed the owner name to dbo, it works! so my question is how we let PB send the whole name(including owner name) of the proc to SQL 2000 server to get it sol...

Stored proc syntax in MS SQL Server
Using Database Adminstratrion/Design/Procedure Syntax in PB6.5 allows me to retrieve the text of a stored procedure. However, if I do the same thing in PB9 not all of the text from the stored procedure is retrieved or only chunks of it are retireved. I know this is because in MS SQL Server syscomments table the column where the text is stored is 8000 characters and in Sybase it is only 256. The mechanism that is used by PB to retrieve stored proc syntax has not adjusted for the 8000 characters. Is there a patch for this? How can this be fixed? Please use the OLE DB database interfac...

Problem with stored proc, migrating from MS SQL 2000 to MS SQL 2005
I've been migrating some DB from MS SQL 2000 to MS SQL 2005 all works fine but I have one problem with stored procedures. Even if there is actually no errors I get the message "The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted.". The record is succesfully deleted but still I get the message above. I know MS SQL 2005 added the try/catch block did they change something else that cause compatibility issues with 2000? Here's a sample : *** DECLARE @Error bit DECLARE @ErrorMsg varchar (100) DECLARE @ContactIDToDelete int SELECT @ContactIDToDelete ...

How would I temporary create a MS SQL Server Stored proc?
Hi I need a complex string manipulation function to be called in a SELECT. How can I create and use this in my connection session, temporarily, from the D2007 program ? E.g. how can I create a temporary create function dbo.ComplexStrFunc(@DataStr varchar(100), @DataToFind varchar(100)) returns varchar(100) as begin .... end so that I can then have a TSQLQuery containing SELECT Field1,ComplexStrFunc(Field2,'SomeData') from Table Googling did not find it yet... Thanks in advance! Jan I found the solution with a user defined function. When opening the TSQLC...

Newbie...Stored Proc/MS SQL Server problem?
********************* Win NT 4.0 sp6 PB 7.x MS Sql Server 7 ********************* I'm new to Stored Procs. I have a datawindow which has a string argument...checking against a column in a table of type VarChar(20).... Here's the condenced version of the code.... CREATE PROCEDURE sp_test ( @search VARCHAR(20) ) AS SELECT pis_id, pis_name, pis_other FROM pis_pistons WHERE pis_name like @search and the Datawindow has a Retrival Argument of type String I keep getting an error.... PS. LONG LIVE NAPSTER!!!...

PB 6.5, MS SQL Server Stored Procedures
We are using MS SQL Server 7.0 and PowerBuilder 6.5. Up until now, we have never had need to invoke database stored procedures from within our PB apps. Now I wish to invoke sp_setapprole to assist with security. I am having no luck following the clear instructions under the topic "Using Transaction objects to call stored procedures" in Application Techniques in Books Online: - I created the u_trans_database object - I declared a Local External Function defining the procedure function long sp_setapprole(string rolename,string password,string encrypt) RPCFUNC ALIAS FOR ...

Stored Procedures w/ PB 7 and MS SQL Server 7
After reading and trying a slew of different ways to use stored procedures, I cannot get them to work. I originally started out w/ the stored procedure syntax but after reading switched to an RPC syntax. Any help to get this working would definitely be appreciated!! Thanks in advance ..... Joe When I run this sp I get a "Bad Runtime Function Reference" The declare statement is in a windows global external functions: function long pr_initialize_full_report(integer rept_id, ref integer patient_id_ret, string disposition, string closed_indicator, string user_id, string a...

PFC trbl: window sizing, MS SQL Server stored procs
Hi, Thanks for reading my message. I just started using the PFC libraries in a new application I'm developing. I'm having a bit of trouble ... -Window sizing... I can't seem to get the windows (type:main) to size properly. All the windows are descendants of w_sheet - I've read the online books documentation and tried the obvious - what have I missed??? And finally... Will I run in to any trouble using the dw linkage service if I'm going to be using stored procs (MS SQL Server)for updates and inserts? If you know of any good reference materials on...

Web resources about - PB Stored Procs for MS SQL Server? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Server farm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A server farm or server cluster is a collection of computer servers usually maintained by an enterprise to accomplish server needs far beyond ...

Attack floods Internet root servers with 5 million queries a second
Enlarge (credit: rootservers.org ) Early last week, one of the most vital organs of the Internet anatomy came under an unusual attack. On two ...

Amazon deal: Save $85 on this Sony portable wireless server
Smartphones' memory storage gets filled so quickly these days thanks to photos, videos and more, so get yourself a handy portable wireless server ...

Facebook releases design for its souped-up A.I. server, 'Big Sur'
Facebook is releasing the hardware design for a server it uses to train artificial intelligence (A.I.) software, allowing other companies exploring ...

Applebee’s Server Returns $32,000 In Cash Family Accidentally Left On The Table
... and scored a huge tip from some abnormally generous person, and you figure the money is yours to keep. Or, if you’re like one Applebee’s server ...

Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server
Sanders’ Apology Over Data Breach Comes Six Months Faster Than Clinton’s Apology Over Private Server

Hyperscale infrastructure and server-based storage continue to drive spending in enterprise storage ...
... (ODMs) that sell directly to hyperscale datacenters. This portion of the market was up 23.4% on year to US$1.3 billion. Sales of server-based ...

Hillary Clinton's private server had two 'top secret' emails
Those concerns that Hillary Clinton's private email server had classified intel? They're apparently well-founded. Sources for Fox News and Politico ...

Rack Architecture, x86 Systems Helped Drive Q3 Server Growth
Third-quarter numbers from IDC and Gartner analysts show that the server space is growing, not only in terms of revenue but also in shipments. ...

Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge
Sources: Review affirms Clinton server emails were 'top secret,' despite department challenge