PB crashing on open/creating of datawindow

Everytime I try and open a datawindow or try and create a
new one, pb crashes with the following error:

AppName: pb90.exe	 AppVer: 9.0.0.5507	 ModName: pbdwp90.dll
ModVer: 9.0.1.6533	 Offset: 000144cc

I'm running XP Professional
0
msvid

Two thoughts:

- Check your configuration to make sure you're loading PB DLLs from
the right version. Process Explorer from http://www.sysinternals.com
should help you with that. The Troubleshooting Guide mentioned below
talks more about that, and other ideas.

- Dig through the registry and kill any custom layouts.(e.g.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default)

Good luck,

On 22 Nov 2003 07:53:12 -0800, msvid wrote:

>Everytime I try and open a datawindow or try and create a
>new one, pb crashes with the following error:
>
>AppName: pb90.exe	 AppVer: 9.0.0.5507	 ModName: pbdwp90.dll
>ModVer: 9.0.1.6533	 Offset: 000144cc
>
>I'm running XP Professional

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
11/22/2003 5:50:17 PM
Terry Voth, I appreciate the quick response.  your help of
deleting the registry key has seemed to help.

thanks again

Mike
> Two thoughts:
>
> - Check your configuration to make sure you're loading PB
> DLLs from the right version. Process Explorer from
> http://www.sysinternals.com should help you with that. The
> Troubleshooting Guide mentioned below talks more about
> that, and other ideas.
>
> - Dig through the registry and kill any custom
> layouts.(e.g.
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\
> Default)
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 22 Nov 2003 07:53:12 -0800, msvid wrote:
>
> >Everytime I try and open a datawindow or try and create a
> >new one, pb crashes with the following error:
> >
> >AppName: pb90.exe     AppVer: 9.0.0.5507     ModName:
> pbdwp90.dll >ModVer: 9.0.1.6533     Offset: 000144cc
> >
> >I'm running XP Professional
>

> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's
> Toolkit.  Version 2.2.06 now available at the Sandbox
> See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=
0
msvid

Powerbuilder crashes when opening or creating datawindow
Powerbuilder crashes when I try to open or create a new datawindow in Pb9.0 I get this error AppName: pb90.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.5507 ModName: pbdev90.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.5507 Offset: 0002d23c Please help! Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default] "Datawindow"="" PB will automatically recreate it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://www.isug.com/cgi-bin/ISUG2/submit_enhancement <kith> wrote in mes...

Opening a datawindow crashes PowerBuilder
At work we have about 5 different developers that experienced a problem when opening any datawindow from the PowerBuilder painter. PB crashes and halts altogether. Funny thing is their PowerBuilder was working fine the day before. My PowerBuilder still is working fine and some other developers have not experienced the problem. All of the affected PowerBuilder programs are on separate pc's and the developers work on different PowerBuilder projects. That makes the mystery even more confusing. The error is a pb70.exe - "Application Error" with the error being "Th...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle You need to post this in a PowerBuilder related section. This is the DataWindow.Net section. <Joelle> wrote in message news:4339b8bf.521c.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open > menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on > the datawindow and select Edit Sourc...

PB crash when opening datawindow
Hi, I have a problem with PB9.0.1 (7119) : when I try to open (or create) a datawindow I've got an exception error and pb crash. I have this error since today (yesterday it works fine) Does anybody know why ? Thanks. Here is something that I pulled off the groups a while ago that helped me when I have had that problem a couple of times: Close the PB IDE. Go to the registry and open HKEY_CURENT_USER--> SOFTWARE--> SYBASE-->POWERBUILDER--> 9.0--> LAYOUT--> DEFAULT For the Datawindow key, open it and save that value off somewhere. Then clear out the ...

PowerBuilder crashes when opening datawindows.
Hi, when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to view the code but if I choose Edit it also crashes. Thanks, Joelle Remove the Layout/DataWindow key from the HKCU/Software/Sybase/PowerBuilder/<version> key in the registry. On 27 Sep 2005 14:29:30 -0700, Joelle wrote: >Hi, >when I try edit any datawindows, PB crashes. I can open >menus, windows...but not datawindows. If I right-click on >the datawindow and select Edit Source, I am able to...

Datawindow Open Causes Powerbuilder Crash
When trying to open an existing datawindow or create a new one, Powerbuilder crashes. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3. It worked fine yesterday, but this morning, no matter what datawindow I try to open, Powerbuilder crashes. I tried regenerating and rebuilding, and tried opening datawindows in several different pbls, but no luck. Any thoughts? PS I also uninstalled and re-installed 7.0.2 and the 7.0.3 upgrade. Thanks, Larry Delete the registry key [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\7.0\Layout\Default] PB will rebuild it. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) ...

PB crashes when a datawindow is opened for designing
I am running PB9.03 build 8836. I have not made any changes to any of the powerbuilder files. The other day, whenever I tried to open an existing datawindow, the PB 9 app crashed before the dw even opened. I know that the pbls are not the problem, becuase they can be opened on another computer. I have re-installed PB9 several times and can not figure out why this problem keeps happening. I was able to open all of the datawindows just a few hours before this problem started. Can someone point me in the right direction to solving this problem. This is a multi-part message in MIME form...

PB Crashes
Currently use PB 7.0.3 Build 10009. PowerBuilder crashes every time I create or edit a pre-existing datawindow. This crashing is not dependent upon the database type I am connecting to (Sybase, Oracle, SQL Server). Any thoughts on the issue? <Brian> wrote in message news:41d059eb.14f2.1681692777@sybase.com... > Currently use PB 7.0.3 Build 10009. > > PowerBuilder crashes every time I create or edit a > pre-existing datawindow. This crashing is not dependent > upon the database type I am connecting to (Sybase, Oracle, > SQL Server). > > Any tho...

PB 10.5 crashing when opening datawindows
Hi All, Is anyone having issues with PowerBuilder 10.5 (build 4523) crashing when trying to open datawindows in the IDE? I have both an Oracle 8 and an Oracle 9 client on my machine, and am wondering if that might be the problem, but that's just a longshot guess. Any ideas? TIA Do you have any error message before PB crash? Have you tried to regenerate the datawindow? Do you have any error at this moment? Does it happen with every datawindow or only with some of them? Does it happen in every machine where you have PB? Ricci "cocon" <coloradoco...

PB crashing when datawindow with stored proc is created.
HI all, I'm using PB 6.0 with Oracle 8. I'm using Oracle 7.3 driver for connectivity. I'm trying to create a datawindow using oracle stored procedure. When I select the stored procedure and click OK, PB crashes. I can create datawindow with another stored procedure without a problem. I talked to the Oracle developer and he said that he created stored procedure according to PowerBuilder documentation.He can't figure out what the problem is and I'm clueless to that. Would somebody help me out. I would very much appreciate that. Junaid Siddiqui letsconnect@hotmai...

Powerbuilder closing (crashing?) upon opening a datawindow
I've been trying to open/edit a particular datawindow with a single retrieval argument being passed to it, but every time I attempt to open it, Powerbuilder will prompt for the value of the argument, but regardless of entering a value and clicking ok or just cancel, Powerbuilder immediately closes. It may be a crash, but I do not receive an error message upon Powerbuilder closing and nothing is logged in event viewer. It is the only datawindow causing the problem that I've found to this point. Stranger still, the datawindow can be seen from a parent window displaying it with...

PB 10.5 crashes when opening datawindows
Hi All, Is anyone having issues with PowerBuilder 10.5 (build 4523) crashing when trying to open datawindows in the IDE? I have both an Oracle 8 and an Oracle 9 client on my machine, and am wondering if that might be the problem, but that's just a longshot guess. Any ideas? TIA No. But often those crashes are caused by a corrupt registry key. Delete the entry for DataWindow from the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.5\Layout\Default PB will rebuild it automatically. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase....

PB 11.2 crashed when I try to open any Datawindow
Hi , I am getting and window error ( An unhandled win32 exception occured in PB110.exe[4668] ) and PB crashes any time I go to open a Datawindow in GUI mode. I am using PB 11.2 build 4807 I have been using this version for a while and this morning all of a sudden this stated to happen. Anybody have any idea on how to resolve this. TIA Daniel Hi Daniel, close PowerBuilder, delete the registry entry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\11.0\Layout\Default\DataWindow HTH Chris Werner f+s software gmbh "Daniel Richard" <daniel...

PB 8.01 crashes when opening datasource of datawindow
Hi, PB 8.01 , build 9056 GPF occurs when open datasource of datawindow objects (SQL-button). This happens only on one workstation (Win2K), on all others it works fine. Any idea? Regards Thorsten solved it with optimizing the pbl Thorsten Thorsten Kummer schrieb: > Hi, > > PB 8.01 , build 9056 GPF occurs when open datasource of datawindow > objects (SQL-button). > This happens only on one workstation (Win2K), on all others it works > fine. > > Any idea? > > Regards > Thorsten ...

Web resources about - PB crashing on open/creating of datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo