PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0

Hi,

  I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0.
It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything
needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ?

Thanks,
Mohan
0
Mohan

Same as any other version:

- backup
- optimize all PBLs
- run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to deal with as
much as possible in original version
- full build, with information and warning messages turned on, so you
know which messages after migration aren't new
- backup, backup, backup
- migrate
- if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if you can spot
which object it bombs on; immediately suspect an issue with that
object OR any object it references
	- if the messages go by too fast, tie up the CPU with an antivirus
scan or anything CPU-intensive to slow PB down

Good luck,

On 10 Jun 2005 13:55:44 -0700, Mohan wrote:

>  I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0.
>It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there anything
>needs to be taken care before the migrating it to pb 9.0 ?
*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
User Manual
===========
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
6/11/2005 2:09:12 AM
I ran the migration assistant and removed the obselete
objects.
and optimized the pbls in PB 7.0 version.
Then tried to migrate it in PB 9.0 and again the application
getting crashed.

How to do full build with warning messages on ?

Mahesh
> Same as any other version:
>
> - backup
> - optimize all PBLs
> - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to
> deal with as much as possible in original version
> - full build, with information and warning messages turned
> on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new
> - backup, backup, backup
> - migrate
> - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if
> you can spot which object it bombs on; immediately suspect
> an issue with that object OR any object it references
>     - if the messages go by too fast, tie up the CPU with
> an antivirus scan or anything CPU-intensive to slow PB
> down
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 10 Jun 2005 13:55:44 -0700, Mohan wrote:
>
> >  I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to
> 9.0. >It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there
> anything >needs to be taken care before the migrating it
> to pb 9.0 ? *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungry
> http://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
> User Manual
> ===========
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's
> Toolkit.  Version 2.2.06 now available at the Sandbox
> See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=
0
Mohan
6/13/2005 4:33:11 PM
Are you running the current version of PB9?

On 13 Jun 2005 09:33:11 -0700,
 in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
 <Mohan> wrote:
>I ran the migration assistant and removed the obselete
>objects.
>and optimized the pbls in PB 7.0 version.
>Then tried to migrate it in PB 9.0 and again the application
>getting crashed.
>
>How to do full build with warning messages on ?
>
>Mahesh
>> Same as any other version:
>>
>> - backup
>> - optimize all PBLs
>> - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try to
>> deal with as much as possible in original version
>> - full build, with information and warning messages turned
>> on, so you know which messages after migration aren't new
>> - backup, backup, backup
>> - migrate
>> - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if
>> you can spot which object it bombs on; immediately suspect
>> an issue with that object OR any object it references
>>     - if the messages go by too fast, tie up the CPU with
>> an antivirus scan or anything CPU-intensive to slow PB
>> down
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> On 10 Jun 2005 13:55:44 -0700, Mohan wrote:
>>
>> >  I am trying migrate a pb application from PB 8.0 to
>> 9.0. >It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is there
>> anything >needs to be taken care before the migrating it
>> to pb 9.0 ? *********************************
>> Click once a day to help the hungry
>> http://www.thehungersite.com
>> *********************************
>> User Manual
>> ===========
>> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
>> Forums = Peer-to-peer
>> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
>> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
>> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
>> *********************************
>>
>> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
>> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's
>> Toolkit.  Version 2.2.06 now available at the Sandbox
>> See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
>> ^ ^
>> o o
>> =*=

Andy
0
Andy
6/13/2005 5:11:38 PM
I don't have PB7 installed, but IIRC, both the options to turn on warning and
information messages, and the ability to do full builds, were found in the
Library Painter.

Good luck,

*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************

User Manual
===========
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures page updated June 12/2005
See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
6/13/2005 5:15:37 PM
Yes I am running the powerbuilder version 9.0 build 5507

> Are you running the current version of PB9?
>
> On 13 Jun 2005 09:33:11 -0700,
>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
>  <Mohan> wrote:
> >I ran the migration assistant and removed the obselete
> >objects.
> >and optimized the pbls in PB 7.0 version.
> >Then tried to migrate it in PB 9.0 and again the
> application >getting crashed.
> >
> >How to do full build with warning messages on ?
> >
> >Mahesh
> >> Same as any other version:
> >>
> >> - backup
> >> - optimize all PBLs
> >> - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try
> to >> deal with as much as possible in original version
> >> - full build, with information and warning messages
> turned >> on, so you know which messages after migration
> aren't new >> - backup, backup, backup
> >> - migrate
> >> - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if
> >> you can spot which object it bombs on; immediately
> suspect >> an issue with that object OR any object it
> references >>     - if the messages go by too fast, tie up
> the CPU with >> an antivirus scan or anything
> CPU-intensive to slow PB >> down
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten

> >> 9.0. >It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is
> there >> anything >needs to be taken care before the
> migrating it >> to pb 9.0 ?
> ********************************* >> Click once a day to
> help the hungry >> http://www.thehungersite.com
> >> *********************************
> >> User Manual
> >> ===========
> >> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> >> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> >> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> >> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> >> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> >> *********************************
> >>
> >> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> >> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's
> >> Toolkit.  Version 2.2.06 now available at the Sandbox
> >> See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> >> ^ ^
> >> o o
> >> =*=
>

> Andy
0
Mohan
6/13/2005 5:40:37 PM
What is 2 nd RC. Where in Library Panter the full build and
warning and information turn on option is availlable ?

I can able to migrate the pb 7.0 to pb 8.0 successfully. I
am facing problems while migrating it to pb 9.0.

Mahesh

> I don't have PB7 installed, but IIRC, both the options to
> turn on warning and information messages, and the ability
> to do full builds, were found in the Library Painter.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 13 Jun 2005 09:33:11 -0700,
>  in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general
>  <Mohan> wrote:
> >I ran the migration assistant and removed the obselete
> >objects.
> >and optimized the pbls in PB 7.0 version.
> >Then tried to migrate it in PB 9.0 and again the
> application >getting crashed.
> >
> >How to do full build with warning messages on ?
> >
> >Mahesh
> >> Same as any other version:
> >>
> >> - backup
> >> - optimize all PBLs
> >> - run Migration Assistant in destination version; try
> to >> deal with as much as possible in original version
> >> - full build, with information and warning messages
> turned >> on, so you know which messages after migration
> aren't new >> - backup, backup, backup
> >> - migrate
> >> - if it crashes, try again and watch messages to see if
> >> you can spot which object it bombs on; immediately
> suspect >> an issue with that object OR any object it
> references >>     - if the messages go by too fast, tie up
> the CPU with >> an antivirus scan or anything
> CPU-intensive to slow PB >> down
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >>
> >> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten

> >> 9.0. >It crashes while rebuilding for migration. Is
> there >> anything >needs to be taken care before the
> migrating it >> to pb 9.0 ?
>
> *********************************
> Click once a day to help the hungry
> http://www.thehungersite.com
> *********************************
>
> User Manual
> ===========
> TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
> Forums = Peer-to-peer
> Forums <> Communication with Sybase
> IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
> Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
> *********************************
>
> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's
> Toolkit.  Version 2.2.06 now available at the Sandbox
> PB Futures page updated June 12/2005
> See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=
0
Mohan

Web resources about - PB crashes while migrating pb application from PB 8.0 to 9.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...