PB crash when inserting OLE control

Hello! I've been trying to use ActiveX control with PB 7 without
success. The behavior is the same on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a and Windows
2000 Professional, running on a Dell Pentium Pro 200 system with 128MB
of RAM. Here's what I do:

1) Define a new window in an existing application
2) Select Insert > Control > OLE from the menu
3) In the Insert Object dialog, click on the Insert Control tab
4) PowerBuilder crashes, with the following results:

Windows NT Version 5.00 Build 2195
PB70.exe caused fault #c0000005 in MSVCRT.DLL at address 001b:78004a16

Registers:
EAX=00351e90 CS=001b EIP=78004a16 EFLGS=00000246
EBX=00000000 SS=0023 ESP=0012e2c8 EBP=0012e33c
ECX=00000000 DS=0023 ESI=00000001 FS=003b
EDX=00130608 ES=0023 EDI=00357280 GS=0000

Bytes at CS:EIP:
0f b6 06 8b 4f 48 8a 04 41 83 e0 08 85 c0 0f 85

Stack dump:
03680001 00000001 7800c7d9 00000001 111bfaf9 00000001 0012e35d 000805c8
00000021 00000000 111c0005 0012e33c 0012e318 0012e328 0012e711 00000000

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Any workarounds or fixes would be
greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

--Len Feldman
  Equipoint Corporation/Comedyaudio.com

0
Len

PB Crashes when attempting to insert OLE control
Just realized that I can't insert an OLE control. Not a good time since I need to be able to insert one. If I try to insert an ole control, the insert object dialog opens. However, when I select the "insert control" tab, PowerBuilder crashes. Through some perusing of the newsgroups, I was also able to determine that if I opened the object browser and double clicked the "OLE Custom Controls" node, PowerBuilder crashes there also. Now here's the catch. This is in PB9.0.3 Build 8784. When I try to do the same thing in PB10.0.2 Build 9761, everyth...

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

PB 6.5 crashes when trying to insert an OLE control
Hi everybody, I have an app in PowerBuilder 6.5 (DBMS MS SQL Server 2000, OS: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 2). We've created an OCX using VisualBasic. We had previously inserted it into a Custom Visual User Object without any problems. In fact, the app is working with the client normally. Time passed by... and now, we can't do it. When we Click Controls \ OLE a Insert Object window displays. We can switch between the "Create New" and "Create From File" tabs. However, when we click in the "Insert Control" tab, PB crashes. The err...

PB 6.0 Crashing when trying to insert an OLE Control
Has anyone ever had any experience with PB 6.0 crashing while trying to insert an OLE control onto a window/datawindow? I am simply creating a window and selecting OLE object type to place on the window. When the OLE dialog comes up ( 3 tabs: Create New, Create From File, Insert Control ), I select insert control. Whenever I do this, on multiple machines, PB crashes!! Any Ideas? Jim Leary jleary@pwrpros.com same picture here.... On Wed, 12 Aug 1998 14:45:11 -0400, "jleary@pwrpros.com" <jimleary@mindspring.com> wrote: > >Has anyone ever...

Insert OLE control cause PB 9 / 10 to crash
Since I installed an ocx on my system (CodeJock Software OCX available at www.codejock.com) Powerbuilder could not allow me to go in the insert control (OLE) tab anymore. I cause an immediate crash even before displaying the list of available controls. I had tp unregister manually these nice controls to be able to enter the insert control tab again. What could cause that crash ? Is there any other solution to use a visual control without going through the "Insert OLE control tab" ? Much regards, Guillaume Either the registration is failing or the OCX contr...

PB 8.0.3 build 9704 crash when i try to insert a ole custom control
Hi, I have a ole custom control linked to the dll mswinsck.ocx in one of my pbl libraries but it seems to be a problem with this. When i try to access through the application to this library a runtime error was shown telling me that i can't access to the localip property. The .dll was registered in the windows registry i've already checked. After that i tried to insert a new ole custom control to the pbl linked to the same dll, but powerbuilder crash . I tried the same thing in powerbuilder 11.5 and i could insert the control correctly. What can be wrong? This proble...

Crash When Trying to Insert an OLE Control
I'm trying to insert an OLE control. When I click the "Insert Control" tab on the Insert Object dialog box, I immediately get a message box that reads "Out of Memory". When I click Cancel on that message box, I get "Insufficient memeory to continue" and Powerbuilder crashes. Note that the ocx I'm trying to select is not too big, I never get a chance to select the ocx. I using Powerbulder version 7.0.3 build 10077 and running Windows 2000 Professional. Please help. Thanks, Larry Stevens I have the same problem and same config. i.e....

PB8 crashes when selecting to insert ole control
Hi, I am having a problem when I try to insert a ole control onto a window. When I choose the insert control tab to select my ole control PB crashes. I am on the version 8.04 build 10923. The dll it crashes on is msvcrt.dll, I am on windows XP SP2. I have tried to narrow it down using process monitor with no luck. I tried deleteing the entire HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0\OLE Object Bitmaps folder in the registry, but it didn't fix it. I also have PB10.5 loaded and it works fine there. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks, - Br...

PB8 crashes when selecting to insert ole control
Hi, I am having a problem when I try to insert a ole control onto a window. When I choose the insert control tab to select my ole control PB crashes. I am on the version 8.04 build 10923. The dll it crashes on is msvcrt.dll, I am on windows XP SP2. I have tried to narrow it down using process monitor with no luck. I tried deleteing the entire HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\8.0\OLE Object Bitmaps folder in the registry, but it didn't fix it. I also have PB10.5 loaded and it works fine there. Is there anything else I can try? Thanks, - Br...

PB 9 Insert OLE OCX control error
Dear All, I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7534 and I am trying to insert an OCX control onto a form ... so I choose OLE from tool bar and the "Insert Object" window opens ... so I choose the "Insert Contro" tab ... the moment i choose this tab I get the follwoing error: pb90.exe - Application Error The instruction at "0x77c1beab" referenced memory at "0x00000001". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program I removed all Antivirus software from my PC and...

PB 7 C3
Hi, I cannot insert any OLE controls in PB windows. If I select OLE control, immediately "Insert object" dialogbox comes. I selected "Microsoft Word document". Then I clicked on the window. The "Insert object" dialogbox comes again. I reselected "Microsoft Word document". Then the empty OLE control showed up. If I rightclick the "Open" menu option is greyed out. I don't know what is going on. I tried selecting many other things like bitmap image, wordpad document........... No use, same problem. I tried running the PB sa...

PB 10.5 crashes when i use ole control
Hi in pb 8 i was using one activeX control which made in vb and it's working fine. where as when i migrate it to pb 10.5 it's giving me error when i call some functions of that activeX. that activeX control is like mspaint made customize for our special use. i also found wierd thing. i have one function "Savepage" in that control, and sometimes it's giving me error and sometime not. any idea? ...

How to Use Shockwave OLE insert control? (PB 6.5)
After choosing SHOCKWAVE as the OLE insert control... I can't figure out how to tell it what shockwave file to use WITHIN shockwave. please help! Email mail me with the response... Thanks, Sam Aaron saah@mail.com ...

Inserting an OLE Control in PB 9.0.2 Build 7532
My PowerBuilder crashes if I click the Insert Control tab(3rd Tab) when inserting an OLE control. I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7532. Any idea? Thanks in Advance. Jim I responded in one of the other sections you posted in. Please don't cross-post. On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:56:40 -0800 (PST), Jim <g10shah@gmail.com> wrote: >My PowerBuilder crashes if I click the Insert Control tab(3rd Tab) >when inserting an OLE control. I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7532. > >Any idea? > >Thanks in Advance. >Jim ----------------------------------- My Web 2.0 ...

Web resources about - PB crash when inserting OLE control - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Inserting Kate
jurvetson posted a photo: the speaking GPS avatar that we came to love.. more prep photos below... You can hear her voice in the video compilation ...

Inserting the Galaxy Note 5’s S Pen backwards can permanently damage the device
One of the features Samsung highlighted when it unveiled the Galaxy Note 5 was the device's new S Pen slot design. The Note 5 features a spring-loaded ...

Inserting Slavery Into The Climate Debate
Chris Hayes compares the fight against fossil fuels to the abolitionist movement. He states plainly that “there is absolutely no conceivable ...

Samsung smart TVs inserting ads into third-party apps
... playback have pissed off a number of consumers. People with smart TVs from Samsung have been complaining that the electronics maker is inserting ...

Inserting images into Gmail could be so much better
When Google first launched the new compact compose window in Gmail, many of you might have noticed something annoying about inserting images. ...

Gawker tells Steven Crowder to "stop whining, take your licks, and accept that getting hit in the face ...
"... in the middle of an argument between billionaire-funded know-nothing ideologues and people whose livelihoods and stability are being threatened ...

Gmail's Shortcut for Inserting Hyperlinks
... but that doesn't mean Google shouldn't improve them. Many people complained that Gmail's rich text editor doesn't have a shortcut for inserting ...

Why Hollywood Is Inserting These Two Huge Chinese Actresses Into Its Summer Blockbusters
... It shows the enormous potential in China for distributors. We've previously discussed how Hollywood is starting to cater to China by inserting ...

Samsung SmartTVs are inserting ads into movies - Business Insider
Random Pepsi pop-up ads have been appearing when SmartTV users watch content through the device's third-party apps.