PB Applications converted to Web Applications

We have a number(3) of large PB7.0 applications that we are looking to
migrate to the web.  I know that we can take advantage of the DW in the
applications (using HTML DW), but what about the other objects, both visual
and non-visual.  Are there currently any tools for generating
web-applicable objects from existing PB objects other than DWs and are
there any plans to do this in the future?

My understanding is that the WDK only works for LAN, WAN and intranet not
internet access, so this will not work for us.

Any information would be appreciated, I am looking to leverage as much of
the existing code as possible.

Thanks
Renata

0
RTorres

WDK runs on any sort of connection, but may be too slow over a dial-in line.
It works by sending only the keyboard, mouse actions, and screen paints over
the line while the application actually runs on the server. You may want to
get a trial version and test it for your apps.

RTorres wrote in message ...
>We have a number(3) of large PB7.0 applications that we are looking to
>migrate to the web.  I know that we can take advantage of the DW in the
>applications (using HTML DW), but what about the other objects, both visual
>and non-visual.  Are there currently any tools for generating
>web-applicable objects from existing PB objects other than DWs and are
>there any plans to do this in the future?
>
>My understanding is that the WDK only works for LAN, WAN and intranet not
>internet access, so this will not work for us.
>
>Any information would be appreciated, I am looking to leverage as much of
>the existing code as possible.
>
>Thanks
>Renata

0
Jerry
5/17/2001 10:17:54 PM
On Thu, 17 May 2001 17:08:49 -0400,
 <RTorres> wrote:
>My understanding is that the WDK only works for LAN, WAN and intranet not
>internet access, so this will not work for us.

That was the original version (1.0).  Version 2.0 supports internet access.
It uses compression of the datastream to support slower (i.e., dial in)
connections.

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce
5/18/2001 2:56:55 PM
Thanks for the feedback.  I think it is worth the effort to give WDK a try.

Thanks again
Renata
0
RTorres

how to convert existing web application to AJAX based web application
 Hy, i have developed a web application in asp.net 2.0 but due to so many post backs i want to convert this application to AJAX based to fulfill the future requirements, if you have any idea then please share with me, thanks in advance Regards, Aamir Dharani  This post has the answer you're looking for: http://forums.asp.net/p/1144152/1854320.aspxHanan Schwartzberg--------------------http://www.lionsden.co.il...

powerbuilder 12 vs Appeon : differences to convert PB application to the web
Hello, I've an application in PB10.5 and i would like to "convert" to the web. what are the differences beetwen Appeon an powerbuilder 12 with migration .net . Thanks for all informations you have. ED The PB.NET IDE does not have any web targets. If you migrate to PB12, you'd be looking at PB12 Classic and a WebForm target. (PB 12 Classic and PB.NET are bundled together.) Webforms have their issues. They're IE-only and have a reputation of an excessive amount of callbacks to the server. I know very little about Appeon, but there are those that ...

Calling PB application from other web application
Friends, I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application with windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this powerbuilder application to be called by another web application. I would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions. Thanks in advance, Saravanan I responded to this in another section. Please don't cross-post. On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:31:28 -0700, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Saravanan Gurusamy <sarav_g@hotmail.com> wrote: >Friends, > I have a situation here. I have a power...

Calling PB application from other web application
Friends, I have a situation here. I have a powerbuilder 7.0 application with windows, datawindows and database access. NOw, the management needs this powerbuilder application to be called by another web application. I would appreciate if you could give me the possible solutions. Thanks, Saravanan What does the application need to return? If you just want to launch the original PB application from a web page, you should look at the web deployment kit. If you need to return data to the other web app, you might look at deploying PB objects into Jaguar and then calling t...

How to convert A web Application in wap Application
 Hiiiiiiii ,             I Compleate a application with asp.net 1.1 now i want to convert it in to a wap application. so i want to know how i do this . i don't know what i do . help me in this that what i hv to doeither i reconstract it or something else .   Hi sandyjons, ASP.NET Mobile Forms allows you to easily build web applications that target mobile devices. ASP.NET is quick and efficient for writing and designing mobile Web Forms controls for cell phones or personal digital assistants. Hope th...

converting a windows applications to a web application
hi, i need guidance on how to convert a windwos application to a web application.  i'm a newbie to .NET. thanks, brad Brad,I am afraid that this is too general of a question, but I will attempt to help if possible. If  your winform app is written in .NET then the data layer is probably reuseable. You will of course have to build entirely new forms in XHTML and replace the controls accordingly. Also, you will have to use Session variables to keep your state verses it just being there for you on the desktop. I think that one of the most important things when going from Win to We...

Converting from windows application to web application!
Hi friends   I want to convert web application written in VB6.0 into Web Application using ASP.NET2.0.  Can any one give some tips or guidance how to approach this? How to start this application? Your input is appreciated.  Thanks Regards Bindu They are really two different things... I'd recommend the following... First, look at how you want to design your website to improve or duplicate the similar functionality you already have in your pc app. While a pc and web app are different, your class library code that does the interaction with databases and man...

convert your web application into a mobile application
 Hi,    This is siva working as a Software Engineer in india . I need to develop a mobile web application.Simply use Web Runtime to convert my web application into a mobile application. And My application can become the killer mobile application that runs on millions of Nokia Mobile phones. So any can help me how to do that kind mobile application....Thanks in advance......  Hi I think u want to ask like this how to do mobile application integration with webapplication Just got to project==>add project=-->in that choose mobile device application U can do wh...

Converting a VS 2005 Web Application to a VS .NET 2003 Web Application
Well it seems that I am going against the stream here, but one of our clients wants the web application I wrote in Visual Studio 2005 to be deployed using Visual Studio .NET 2003. What's the best way to go about this without rewriting the whole dang thing? I would probably create a new 2003 project, copy all of your aspx and other files into it, attempt a build and see what happens.  If you didn't use a lot of the new controls (like membership, personalization, masterpages etc, then you will probably be ok with just minor changes.  If you did rely on a lot of the newer c...

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

the problem about updating the PB application into Web application
I developped a PB application by using PB 6.5. I want to update it into Web application. How can I finish the task under the condition of lest modification of the old PB application. Please give me some schemes. Thanks 1. Please don't cross-post. 2. If you don't want to modify the old PB app, you can get it to the web using the web deployment kit with few, if any, changes. On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:18:00 +0800, in sybase.public.webdeploykit wangjun <wj@ascc2000.sjtu.edu.cn> wrote: >I developped a PB application by using PB 6.5. I want to update it into...

Convert VS 2008 Web Application Project to ASP.NET Futures Web Application Project
 Hi guys! I have read that inorder to use Silverlight controls on asp.net pages, I have to install Asp.NET futures July CTP.  So I did try to create a ASP.NET Futures Web Application project, but for some stupid reasons, I didn't created a ASP.NET Futures Web Application project but just a normal web application project :( There are already a number of developers already working on the project, so I can't just create a new project and and move all their project files there.  So what I have in mind instead is just do all the necessary adjustments to the web ap...

Web Application Project and Convert to Web Application menu option doesn't exist
I installed "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 – Update to Support Web Application Projects" then I installed the Web Application Project software.  I converted my 2003 Web App per the tutorial by Scott.  Everything worked until I got to Step 8: Convert to Partial Classes.  I don't have the "Convert to Web Application" menu item via the code or project.  So then I tried to create a new Web Application Project by going to File->New Project menu item and select the “ASP.NET Web Application” project but that project doesn't exist a...

PB Application to PB Application communication
I need to have 2 powerbuilder application be able to communicate with one another. A string is all I need to pass between the two applications. I tried creating a com object that I could connect to from both applications. This com object would basically store the information I want to pass between the two applications in an instance variable. One application would populate that instance variable, then notify the other application(through the send command) to go read the information in the com object. I created the com object fine and can call a function on the com object ...

Web resources about - PB Applications converted to Web Applications - sybase.powerbuilder.general

New solution helps enterprises manage web applications
The shift towards the cloud means that running applications is now often done in a browser. While this is convenient for the end user it can ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

PCB firm Unitech looks to automotive, IoT applications for 2016 growth
PCB maker Unitech Printed Circuit Board expects demand for any-layer designs for use in automotive electronics, wearables and other IoT-connected ...