PB app crashes on dw update

Hi,

I have a strange problem with a PB 10.5.2 app which crashes
under certain circumstances when dw_1.update() is called.
I've done a lot of tracing and found some of the Oracle client
DLL involved in the crash. So the customer gave this to Oracle
support which did a lot of special traces and came to the conclusion
it might be an ERP coding issue. At the end of their answer
they write:  "We really need an OCI testcase for it. Can you involve
Power Builder Support on it asking for an OCI testcase can you then
provide us the Name , email and the international phone number
of the Power Builder Analyst" I wonder what an OCI testcase is?

Thanks in advance for any hints -

Chris Werner
f+s software gmbh

0
Chris

Return charater causes DW update error and PB crash (re-post from the pb.general group)
Hi All PB 10.0.1, MSSQLServer 2000 We've got a field (defined as Char) that takes standard input... included in this is the odd carriage return (though we've got triggers preventing saving of said bad character).. When this was running with PB 8, the save went through without issue... As soon as app was migrated to PB 10 (no change in back end with migration to 10), the save started blowing up (cannot insert NULL error, even though we can see the value in the insert/update statement... only weird part is that in both the error msg and a DB Trace, the return key...

App runs in PB but App crashes outside of PB
I am using PB 6.5 on Windows NT 4.0 SP3. I have a button/script that works fine when I run my app in PB or if debug my app. But if I run app outside of PB and click on the same button it crashes. I have had the problem 5 different times with 5 different buttons/scripts. I would rebuild the entire app once or twice and the problem would go away. But this last time the problem will not go away. I put dialogue boxed in the script to try to find the line where it crashes, but depending on where I put the dialogue box code or the number of dialogue boxes I use, the script crashe...

PB 6.5.1 crash on dw.update()
Hello all! PB 6.5.1 ASA 6.0.3.2747 W2K I have an urgent problem with one of my datastores. I retrieve data from approx. 6 joined tables. After creation with syntaxfromsql() I set the following: ids_auftraege.Object.Datawindow.Table.UpdateTable = "t_auftraege" ids_auftraege.Object.DataWindow.Table.UpdateKeyinPlace= "Yes" ids_auftraege.Object.voucher.update = "Yes" ids_auftraege.Object.zahlart.update = "Yes" ids_auftraege.Object.agenturnr.update = "Yes" ids_auftraege.Object.kdnr.u...

PB 11.5 / graph DW app crashes
Hi all, we have a reporting application in our production environment which displays a graph DW. This is a report that runs off retrieval arguments supplied by the user. The application crashes randomly upon retrieval of the report - not all the time and not with a reproducible set of retrieval arguments. It'll retrieve fine the first 5, 10, 15 times it is refreshed, but then at some point crash whilst retrieving the data. I've been able to generate a dump file from which I've taken the last few lines before the crash and pasted them below. I suspect this is happening d...

Updating Inforimix 7 DW in PB 6.5 crashing in EXE runtime
I recently upgraded from PB 5.0 to 6.5 and have an Informix 7 datawindow that is randomly GPFing in the EXE runtime when doing an update. No problem running out of Powerbuilder or in the previous PB 5.0 EXE. I'm using PBIN760.dll version 6.5.1.620 datestamp 5/14/99. Has any had similar problems or know of any issues with this driver? Thanks. RS, Random GPFs often point to a problem somewhere else in the code. The migration to 6.5.1 may have left you with some seemingly minor code issues that later result in the GPF when updating. First, make sure that your code is sol...

how do i reset the online updater after the app- crashed during update
I'm running 10.3, KDE, 32bit. I am working with a fresh install. The updater stated that I had updates , I accepted the updates. At this point the updater failed in some way. It did not become a zombi but stalled. I quit the updater. Now when I try and get online updates using the sys tray updater it sais none available. When I use yast online update it has some recommended updates but does not install them. I rebuilt the rpm data base and this did not help. How can I "reset" the updater. I believe that it thinks that it did go thru the updates and therefor cant see ...

Install PB 10 update without needing to install PB 9 update, then PB 8 update....
We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? If all you have is an update version, then you'll need to have some previous version of PB installed. On 4 Mar 2005 05:54:11 -0800, "Daniel Coppersmith" <daniel_N.0.S.P.A.M_at_InFrontSoftware_D0T_C0M> wrote: >We have a bunch of updates to PB. Is there a way we can install PB 10 >without needing to install all the previous versions of PB? > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com Vote for D...

Update works in PB Datawindow Preview but not using dw.update() function
The following select statement will update successfully within the datawindow painter, when performing a preview, changing a value and updating the datawindow. But when running the application, changing the value and performing the .Update() function the data is unchanged in the database, however the return code is 1(successful): 1)The update properties of the datawindow are correct. 2)Inserting and Deleting rows work, but Updating and existing record does not work. 3)I also took out the UNION, thinking that may have something to do with it, NOT. Has anyone experienced this? ...

My DW crash PB ...
Sometimes,when I use too much (?) the scrollbars, My datawindow crash Powerbuilder 5.0, only when I add a calculated field which excecute MY global function. this function format a string from a cursor, very simple. Everything seems to be good. When i execute this DW whith the calculate field with a standart PB function (like avg), the program run fine... any help ? -- Clare Jean-Christophe ________________________________ UIN: 348.80.26 Mail: jeanchristophe.clare@advalvas.be Which version of PB 5 are you using? You should be on PB 5.0.4. You can download the maintenan...

crash crash crash crash CRASH
Name: Pete VANHEE Email: vanhee Product: Firefox Summary: crash crash crash crash CRASH Comments: please how can I get my old Firefox browser back ? I can't work like this; 3.0 crashes several times a day; it's bloody annoying Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; nl; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ ...

Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash...
Name: Product: Firefox Summary: Crash, crash, crash, crash, crash... Comments: All versions I've tried since 3.0 are crash happy, on both Windows & Mac. This latest 3.6.13 for Mac OS X is no exception, it's like running alphaware. Just access http://www.blogdelnarco.com (among many others), and within 2-3 seconds she goes Tango Unicorn and dumps you at the desktop. I used to love FF and recommended it to all, but no longer. Really it isn't worth the trouble. What follows is the crash report sent to Apple: Process: firefox-bin [19988] Path: ...

Re: Pb 6.0 crashes when clicking in dw with no visible cols like PB 4.0 used to
I am using PB 6.0 with patch 6038532(1).zip. The patch still GPF's with the pbl library (testit.pbl) that was sent to Powersoft. This was to be fixed in patch 6038132.zip (build 381) but unfortunately, the problem still exists. I hope the problem is still evident on Powersoft's side? Thanks Marc marcwhitney@compuserve.com ...

PB 6.0 Crash when clicking in DW w/no visible cols like PB 4.0 used to.
I am using PB 6.0 Enterprise on WIN NT 4.0 SP3 INTEL. A Datawindow that is in query/sort mode where we turn the visibility on for a column and then off again and then click in the datawindow with no other columns visible closes PB Enterprise and closes our app, once deployed. This reminds me of crashes in PB4.0 datawindows with no rows! Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated TIA Marc marcwhitney@compuserve.com Marc Whitney wrote: > > I am using PB 6.0 Enterprise on WIN NT 4.0 SP3 INTEL. A Datawindow that is in > query/sort mode where we turn ...

Drag documents to a PB App from a non-PB App?
PB 10.5 This would be like 'dragging' an email from Outlook into PB (onto a datawindow?). Something the users would like. Which is to say, the document itself would be saved to a specific folder, and that information saved to the database. Currently they save the email to the desktop, then in PB, GetFileOpenName() is called to select the document, then the document is saved to a different folder determined by the app, .... and the doc name is listed on a datawindow. The users would like to just 'drag' the document into the app. Any way to do this? KL ...

Web resources about - PB app crashes on dw update - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Lightning Crashes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Lightning Crashes " is a song by the rock band Live , from their 1994 album, Throwing Copper . The track wasn't released as a single in the ...

When New York Times website crashes, newspaper turns to Facebook Notes
When The New York Times’ website suffered some downtime Wednesday because of technical issues, the newspaper turned to Facebook Notes to post ...

Adorable Baby Crashes Daddy's Concert - YouTube
17 month old baby, Ethan ran out onstage when his dad, country singer Coffey, was performing at NYE event, started dancing, and stole the show. ...

Police warn drivers after tanker crashes at Ajman roundabout
A tanker overturned at the Al Zorah roundabout spilling oil on the busy road and causing traffic jams for about four hours.

Worst Driver of the Day: Old Man Crashes Into Everything In Piggly Wiggly Parking Lot
No, this isn’t footage from “GTA V.” A 92-year-old man named Russell Kerr pulled his minivan out of the parking lot last Friday at a Piggly Wiggly ...

Man crashes car doing burnouts allegedly twice over limit at Port Pirie - AdelaideNow Search Search
A MAN was arrested after allegedly doing burnouts while almost two times over the limit and crashing into a fence at Port Pirie.

Kangaroos cause two crashes near Bendigo
One driver swerved, the other collided with a kangaroo in separate accidents near Bendigo.

Car crashes into home in Oxley
A car has smashed into a home in Canberra's south on Thursday afternoon.

Opposition Leader Bill Shorten crashes car in Melbourne
Bill Shorten was involved in a car crash in Melbourne's north at the weekend.