Pb 9 to Pb 11.5

I am testing the upgrade of my Pb 9 app to Pb 11.5
connecting to Sql Anywhere 11. The problem I am having is
any datawindow that has a sql select with double quotes
fails on the retrieve when running the app. These
datawindows work fine in Pb9, but fail in Pb11.5. I have
checked the pbodb files and they are identical for my
database settings. When I remove the quotes from the select,
the dw works fine. Anyone have any ideas? I do not want to
remove quotes from all of my datawindows since there are
hundreds of them.

Thanks.
0
Kevin

Check the Quotes setting on the Syntax tab of your database profiles. They
should be the same.

If not change the one in 11.5 to match and then re-migrate.

<Kevin Arnold> wrote in message news:48ab1994.2a47.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I am testing the upgrade of my Pb 9 app to Pb 11.5
> connecting to Sql Anywhere 11. The problem I am having is
> any datawindow that has a sql select with double quotes
> fails on the retrieve when running the app. These
> datawindows work fine in Pb9, but fail in Pb11.5. I have
> checked the pbodb files and they are identical for my
> database settings. When I remove the quotes from the select,
> the dw works fine. Anyone have any ideas? I do not want to
> remove quotes from all of my datawindows since there are
> hundreds of them.
>
> Thanks.

0
Roland
8/19/2008 8:03:57 PM
Our connection to the database is done thru info stored in
an Xml file. The connection settings/connection are exactly
the same.

> Check the Quotes setting on the Syntax tab of your
> database profiles. They  should be the same.
>
> If not change the one in 11.5 to match and then
> re-migrate.
>
> <Kevin Arnold> wrote in message
> news:48ab1994.2a47.1681692777@sybase.com... >I am testing
> > the upgrade of my Pb 9 app to Pb 11.5 connecting to Sql
> > Anywhere 11. The problem I am having is any datawindow
> > that has a sql select with double quotes fails on the
> > retrieve when running the app. These datawindows work
> > fine in Pb9, but fail in Pb11.5. I have checked the
> > pbodb files and they are identical for my database
> > settings. When I remove the quotes from the select, the
> > dw works fine. Anyone have any ideas? I do not want to
> > remove quotes from all of my datawindows since there are
> hundreds of them. >
> > Thanks.

0
Kevin
8/19/2008 8:08:57 PM
What about the Database Profile within the IDE? That is the connection it
uses during the conversion process.

<Kevin Arnold> wrote in message news:48ab2859.2c37.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Our connection to the database is done thru info stored in
> an Xml file. The connection settings/connection are exactly
> the same.
>
>> Check the Quotes setting on the Syntax tab of your
>> database profiles. They  should be the same.
>>
>> If not change the one in 11.5 to match and then
>> re-migrate.
>>
>> <Kevin Arnold> wrote in message
>> news:48ab1994.2a47.1681692777@sybase.com... >I am testing
>> > the upgrade of my Pb 9 app to Pb 11.5 connecting to Sql
>> > Anywhere 11. The problem I am having is any datawindow
>> > that has a sql select with double quotes fails on the
>> > retrieve when running the app. These datawindows work
>> > fine in Pb9, but fail in Pb11.5. I have checked the
>> > pbodb files and they are identical for my database
>> > settings. When I remove the quotes from the select, the
>> > dw works fine. Anyone have any ideas? I do not want to
>> > remove quotes from all of my datawindows since there are
>> hundreds of them. >
>> > Thanks.

0
Roland
8/19/2008 8:16:32 PM
I did what you suggested and I am still having the same
problem. I connected to the database that we have used for
years and still get the error retrieving the DW. When I view
in IDE, no problems.

> What about the Database Profile within the IDE? That is
> the connection it  uses during the conversion process.
>
> <Kevin Arnold> wrote in message
> > news:48ab2859.2c37.1681692777@sybase.com... Our
> > connection to the database is done thru info stored in
> an Xml file. The connection settings/connection are
> > exactly the same.
> >
> >> Check the Quotes setting on the Syntax tab of your
> >> database profiles. They  should be the same.
> >>
> >> If not change the one in 11.5 to match and then
> >> re-migrate.
> >>
> >> <Kevin Arnold> wrote in message
> >> news:48ab1994.2a47.1681692777@sybase.com... >I am
> testing >> > the upgrade of my Pb 9 app to Pb 11.5
> connecting to Sql >> > Anywhere 11. The problem I am
> having is any datawindow >> > that has a sql select with
> double quotes fails on the >> > retrieve when running the
> app. These datawindows work >> > fine in Pb9, but fail in
> Pb11.5. I have checked the >> > pbodb files and they are
> identical for my database >> > settings. When I remove the
> quotes from the select, the >> > dw works fine. Anyone
> have any ideas? I do not want to >> > remove quotes from
> all of my datawindows since there are >> hundreds of them.

0
Kevin

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

FIND does not work the same in PB 11.5 as in PB 9
My problem: In a datastore lds there are 3 rows. A column name is "sscode" - char(10) One of the rows has sscode = 'LARRY' (5 bytes) I have an input field captured into a string variable called ls_text. The captured value is ' LARRY' which has a leading space. (6 bytes) Run the following FIND scenarios: ll_find = lds.("LEFTTRIM(sscode)='" + ls_text + "'", 1, 3) ll_find = lds.("LEFTTRIM(sscode)='" + RIGHTTRIM(ls_text) + "'", 1, 3) ll_find = lds.("TRIM(sscode)='" + ls_text + "...

Upgrade from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: We have a software written in PB 5. We are planning to upgrade it from PB 5 to PB 11.5. We've used PFC in this application and database is Sybase 9. Is there any known issues ??? Any Suggestions?? Please help.. Thanks in advance Robin Start at http://www.techno-kitten.com/ and look at the changes to PB over the versions, and the migration guide. The migration wizard should work directly from 5 to 11.5. Some things that come to mind: PB is Unicode starting with 10. This will affect external function definitions. PFC has been open-sourced. You will need to get...

Pb 11.2 and PB 11.5
Hi, I have a stand alone license and currnetly have PB 11.1 installed. My license info from sybase says it should support PB 11.0, 11.1 AND 11.5. License Type: Standalone Seat (SS) Alternative Use Enabled What is Alternative Use Licensing? Applicable to Product(s): Version Description 11.5 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.5 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.1 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.1 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.0 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.0 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) I downloaded pb 11.5 and tried to install it and got...

Moving PB 9 to PB 11.5 Error DataDirect
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4c850911 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am migrating an application from PB9 to PB11.5 so i get the message on the attach. Is there another posibility i can get the data from the other data source? Are there another softwares similar to DataDirect i can use? Thanks for your time ---=_forums-1-dub4c850911 Content-Type: image/pjpeg; name="mess.JPG" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="mess.JPG&quo...

PB 9 code compile error in PB 11.5
Hi I migrated my application from PB 9 to PB 11.5.When i build the application i got the errors in the line given below. pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable`os_UpdCharacteristics lstr_Null [ ] The above line compiled successfully in PB 9 but in PB 11.5 i am getting a error as below cs5dwsrv.pbl(cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable).2: Error C0001: Illegal data type: &2 cs_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable (ippcost) - Edit Source`pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_multitable Appreciate your response so much. Thanks Sree "Sreedharan T L" <sthiruka@in.ibm.com> wrote in message n...

PB 11.5 application is lower than the same application on PB 9
Hi, We have recently migrated our full source from PB 9 to PB 11.5. We found that the program is running extremely slow. We noticed that it happens mostly when using GUI. There are delays even when tabbing though controls on the screen. We run tracing on both environments, and most of the functions show that the response time is better in PB 11.5, but the experience of using PB11.5 application is very slow anyway. Has anyone experienced the same? On Aug 21, 9:13=A0am, chaau <andrew.chered...@gmail.com> wrote: Sorry, typo in the title. Should be PB 11.5 application is slo...

PB 5 to PB 9?
Hello, I have to help a client decide whether he should migrate a PB 5 application to PB 9. The current application uses a SQL/Server 6.5 database. They want to upgrade the database to SQL/Server 2000. They wonder if they should also upgrade PB5 to PB9 at the same time. The application will not be rewritten, only the minimum would be done to make it works on PB9. What would be the benefits of migrating to PB 9? What is the recommended configuration of the workstations running deployed PB 9 applications? Also, what about PB 5 with SQL/Server 2000? Any advice appreciated. Thanks, ...

Migration from PB 5/6.5 to PB 9
Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. Thanks in advance. Gurpreet Singh You can use the following link http://www.techno-kitten.com/Changes_to_PowerBuilder/changes_to_powerbuilder.html Vinay Karwal > Hi, if anyone could provide with a link to a > document/whitpaper on migrating from PB5/6.5 to PB 9 > giving details about methodology, complexties in it etc. > > Thanks in advance. > Gurpreet Singh http://www.techno- kitten.com/Changes_t...

PB 11.2 & PB 11.5
Can i have both PB11.2 & PB 11.5 co-exists w/o interfering & causing problem on my m/c? I will be running ONLY either PB 11.2 or PB 11.5 @ any time. Just want to make sure that when I run PB 11.2, the right DLLs are used (& dont get mixed up wth using PB 11.5 DLLs) Thnx Suresh It should not be a problem, since the DLLs have different names - you will see 110 and 115 (I think - my 11s are not on this computer) in the names. What gets tricky is having two maintenance releases of the same major release (11.5 is a major release). I have heard of people doing that by ins...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Migration of Rich Text from PB 9 to PB 11.5.1
I am running build 4566 and after migrating the rich text datawindows a lot of them no longer display any data. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Did you find a solution (short of re-creating the DW)? Could be a Unicode problem... How are you populating the rich text dw? Are you doing any string() to blob() conversions? -- Paul Horan[Sybase] http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com "g duvall" <gduvall_at_rejis_dot_org> wrote in message news:4c406608@forums-1-dub... >I am running build 4566 and after migrating the rich text datawindows a lot >of ...

Migration problem from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5
Dear all, When I try to use the migrate assistant for the mirgration job on pb 6.5 to pb 11.5. Error occure during the migration (using migrate assisant). Powebuilder cause a problem and quit out. Inforamtion that I get from it is signature problem with below information :- AppName: pb115.exe AppVer: 11.5.0.2506 ModName: pbdwe115.dll ModVer: 11.5.0.3127 Offset: 0022a3e6 Any ideas on that ? Thanks -- Free News Reader http://put.hk http://put.hk/reader/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general.html Before you migrate, I would ... 1) Optimize all you...

Error in PFC while migrating from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: I've recently migrated our software from PB 5 to PB 11.5. While migrating it shows an error in of_prepprint of object pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report -- "Duplicate variable: ls_objects" Please help me to resolve this issue.. Thanks Robin AFAIK you only need the declaration of ls_objects as an array. String ls_Objects[] Delete the other non-array declaration and/or compare the function with the one at codeplex. http://pfc.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/55448#301172 hth Arnd On 21 Sep 2010 12:42:31 -0700, Robin wrote: >Hell...

Web resources about - Pb 9 to Pb 11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Botafogo Futebol Clube (PB) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Botafogo Futebol Clube , usually known as Botafogo , or as Botafogo da Paraíba , is a Brazilian football club from João Pessoa , Paraíba state ...

Scaling the Facebook Data Warehouse to 300 PB
... At Facebook, we have unique storage scalability challenges when it comes to our data warehouse. Our warehouse stores upwards of 300 PB of Hive ...

PB Wolf (@OleHippieChick) on Twitter

Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

PB Visa Gold Credit Card - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My first credit card - Public Bank Visa Gold My First Credit Card: PB Visa Gold

YouTube - 7.00!!! OMG!!! NEW PB! OMG!! OMG!!! SO CLOSE TO SIX!! OOMMGG!!!
Hochgeladen am 12.10.2008 Official OMG Skrillex T-Shirts are available at SkrillexMerch.com. Check them out! This special video has been featured ...

Canberra's Zoe Buckman sets 1500m PB
Canberra's Zoe Buckman set a PB in the 1500m at the Diamond League meet in Oregon on Saturday.

Pacific Basin puts PB Towage up for sale
PACIFIC Basin Shipping says it has hired Citigroup to find buyers for its tug business PB Towage, which operates in Australia, Southeast Asia ...

Review: Aukey’s 12,000mAh PB-N28 is the $25 battery that fully refills any current iPad
Last month, budget charging accessory maker Aukey released PB-N30 , the first external battery with a female Lightning recharging port. For only ...

Chill Out With PB And J In Polar Bowler, A Bowling Game Like No Other
PB and J are back in a brand new game for Apple’s iOS called Polar Bowler . The new app, which promises gamers a bowling game like no other, ...