PB 9 SaveAs PDF

I have been playing with SaveAs PDF and have been having trouble. I have
installed GS7.05, put it on my path etc.

Does the generic PS driver have to be specified as output printer? If so,
how will I deploy this with my application?

Thanks.
0
DR

PowerBuilder will create a printer Sybase DataWindow PS under the
covers the first time you do a SaveAs PDF.  This printer uses the
Adobe Distiller driver which is shipped with PowerBuilder in the
Shared/PowerBuilder/drivers directory.

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 16:30:56 -0400, DR wrote:

>I have been playing with SaveAs PDF and have been having trouble. I have
>installed GS7.05, put it on my path etc.
>
>Does the generic PS driver have to be specified as output printer? If so,
>how will I deploy this with my application?
>
>Thanks.

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA
0
joneil
6/4/2003 12:29:07 AM
The PDF file is being created but when I try to open I get an error
"...Cannot be opened because the file contains no pages."

I am retrieving my report, the preview looks good, what gives?
0
DR
6/4/2003 3:09:40 AM
There is a long discussion on this exact problem going on in the datawindow
group - have a 'dekko'.

Daniel.
0
Daniel
6/4/2003 6:21:00 AM
Check the properties of the Sybase DataWindow PS 'printer'.  On the
advanced tab, there is a Print Processors button.  Press that and in
the resulting dialog, ensure that WinPrint is the selected Print
Processor.