PB 9 Insert OLE OCX control error

Dear All,

    I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7534 and I am trying to insert an OCX control
onto a form ... so I choose OLE from tool bar and the "Insert Object" window
opens ... so I choose the "Insert Contro" tab ... the moment i choose this
tab I get the follwoing error:

                pb90.exe - Application Error
                The instruction at "0x77c1beab" referenced memory at
"0x00000001". The memory could not be "read".

                Click on OK to terminate the program

I removed all Antivirus software from my PC and I am still getting the same
error .... Any Ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0
Alan

http://brucearmstrong.wordpress.com/2007/07/10/problems-using-activex-controls/

On 1 Apr 2010 03:18:39 -0800, "Alan Rechdan"
<alan_rechdan@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>    I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7534 and I am trying to insert an OCX control
>onto a form ... so I choose OLE from tool bar and the "Insert Object" window
>opens ... so I choose the "Insert Contro" tab ... the moment i choose this
>tab I get the follwoing error:
>
>                pb90.exe - Application Error
>                The instruction at "0x77c1beab" referenced memory at
>"0x00000001". The memory could not be "read".
>
>                Click on OK to terminate the program
>
>I removed all Antivirus software from my PC and I am still getting the same
>error .... Any Ideas or suggestions would be highly appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance.

-----------------------------------

My Web 2.0 Stuff

Blog:      http://bruce.pbdjmagazine.com/
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/people/Bruce-Armstrong/1600223798
Fotki:     http://public.fotki.com/brucearmstrong/
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/bruceaarmstrong
Twitter:   http://twitter.com/bruce_armstrong
YouTube:   http://www.youtube.com/user/brucearmstrong
0
Bruce

Can't insert OLE controls. GPF when accessing
Hi all, I'm running PB 9 (6533) on Wndows XP and having problems when trying to insert OLE Controls. PB crashes when clicking on the Tab "Insert Control" in dialogue "Insert Object". PB 10 beta works fine and PB 8 crashes like PB9 (all on the same PC). Does anyone have any clue how to solve this? /Thanks! I am having the exact same issue in PB8 on windows XP. I noticed that no one had a reply so I was wondering if you were ever able to resolve the issue. Thanks ...

Insert OLE control cause PB 9 / 10 to crash
Since I installed an ocx on my system (CodeJock Software OCX available at www.codejock.com) Powerbuilder could not allow me to go in the insert control (OLE) tab anymore. I cause an immediate crash even before displaying the list of available controls. I had tp unregister manually these nice controls to be able to enter the insert control tab again. What could cause that crash ? Is there any other solution to use a visual control without going through the "Insert OLE control tab" ? Much regards, Guillaume Either the registration is failing or the OCX contr...

Inserting an OLE Control in PB 9.0.2 Build 7532
My PowerBuilder crashes if I click the Insert Control tab(3rd Tab) when inserting an OLE control. I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7532. Any idea? Thanks in Advance. Jim I responded in one of the other sections you posted in. Please don't cross-post. On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:56:40 -0800 (PST), Jim <g10shah@gmail.com> wrote: >My PowerBuilder crashes if I click the Insert Control tab(3rd Tab) >when inserting an OLE control. I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7532. > >Any idea? > >Thanks in Advance. >Jim ----------------------------------- My Web 2.0 ...

Inserting an OLE Control in PB 9.0.2 Build 7532
My PowerBuilder crashes if I click the Insert Control tab(3rd Tab) when inserting an OLE control. I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7532. Any idea? Thanks in Advance. Jim I responded in one of the other sections you posted in. Please don't cross post. On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:00:08 -0800 (PST), Jim <g10shah@gmail.com> wrote: >My PowerBuilder crashes if I click the Insert Control tab(3rd Tab) >when inserting an OLE control. I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7532. > >Any idea? > >Thanks in Advance. >Jim ----------------------------------- My Web 2.0 St...

Inserting an OLE Control in PB 9.0.2 Build 7532
My PowerBuilder crashes if I click the Insert --> Control -->OLE --> Insert Control Tab(3rd Tab) when inserting an OLE control. I am using PB 9.0.2 Build 7532. Any idea? Thanks in Advance. Jim I believe that is due to some missing registry entries: REGEDIT4 [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{0000000b-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}] @= "IStorage" "InterfaceHelper" = "{00000100-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{0000000b-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}\NumMethods] @= "18" [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{000...

PB hides TxText Control OCX in insert Control list
Hello! I've been using the TxText Control since PB version 9. Starting from PB 10 I ran into problems. Basically I can't edit the control from PB. It gets scrambled. Now I just discovered that PB includs a version of this control starting from PB 10, and it seams that PB can't distinguish between it's own version and the separate installed control. In the Browser dialog both versions are listed, however in the Insert OCX dialog only PB version is listed. As I need the full version of the control and not the PB version, how do I get rid of the PB control in ...

Error Inserting OLE Control
Hi all, I was attempting to use the Common Dialog function found on the Sybase Developers Network, but I got an error. I traced it to the fact that I didn't have a copy of the comdlg32.ocx on my system. I found a copy and placed it in C:\WINDOWS\System32. I then created a new window to try to create that OLE control. I went to the Insert Control tab and clicked Register New. I registered the ocx file and the Microsoft Common Dialog Control appeared on the list. I selected it and clicked OK. When I clicked again to place the control, it gave me the following error: Insert of OLE o...

OLE INSERT ERROR -9
Hello everyone, I'm trying to insert a Word .doc file using the function ole2control.InsertObject(). It gives me an "error -9" message. Could anyone please tell me what could be causing this error? Thanks Stelios Karras Here's the problem I have placed an OLE2 control in a window. Ihave also placed a pushbutton which calls the function ole_1.InsertObject(). From the appearing list, whenever I choose something like "Microsoft Word Document" or "Microsoft Word Picture" I get an error -9 not permitting me to insert a blank picture or do...

Error on PB 9 Source Control
Getting this error when entering the Propertie of Workspace | Source Control tab on the local copy: 'The local root does not contain the workspace! The workspace must be contained in or under the local root'. What should 'Project' and 'Local Root Directory' be for the individual developer's local copy? And what for the network copy? Thanks ...

PB crash when inserting OLE control
Hello! I've been trying to use ActiveX control with PB 7 without success. The behavior is the same on Windows NT 4.0 SP6a and Windows 2000 Professional, running on a Dell Pentium Pro 200 system with 128MB of RAM. Here's what I do: 1) Define a new window in an existing application 2) Select Insert > Control > OLE from the menu 3) In the Insert Object dialog, click on the Insert Control tab 4) PowerBuilder crashes, with the following results: Windows NT Version 5.00 Build 2195 PB70.exe caused fault #c0000005 in MSVCRT.DLL at address 001b:78004a16 Registers: EAX=003...

Error Inserting an OCX into and OLE Object
Hello all, I get the message "Insert of Object failed, license file required." when trying to insert an OCX into an OLE Object. The ocx was registered through the PB insert window register new option. I have rebooted to make sure that registry changes have taken and I still have the same problem. Does anyone know why I am getting the above error? Am I missing a file on my machine? Others in my work group can insert the ocx without problems. It appears to be machine specific. Thanks for any help you can provide. Sherry ...

GPF error when insert OLE control
I am getting GPF error when Registering an OLE control at Insert Object dialog box. I am using Power Builder 5 (16 bit) version. can any one help me with this problem thank you DING ...

Error on PB 9 Source Control #2
Getting this error when entering the Propertie of Workspace | Source Control tab on the local copy: 'The local root does not contain the workspace! The workspace must be contained in or under the local root'. What should 'Project' and 'Local Root Directory' be for the individual developer's local copy? And what for the network copy? Thanks In PB8/9, there is no more "network copy". All developers should be working locally. The Local Root Folder is the folder that contains your workspace. The Project entry is SCC provider specific. ...

PB Crashes when attempting to insert OLE control
Just realized that I can't insert an OLE control. Not a good time since I need to be able to insert one. If I try to insert an ole control, the insert object dialog opens. However, when I select the "insert control" tab, PowerBuilder crashes. Through some perusing of the newsgroups, I was also able to determine that if I opened the object browser and double clicked the "OLE Custom Controls" node, PowerBuilder crashes there also. Now here's the catch. This is in PB9.0.3 Build 8784. When I try to do the same thing in PB10.0.2 Build 9761, everyth...

Web resources about - PB 9 Insert OLE OCX control error - sybase.powerbuilder.general

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

Alaska Marijuana Control Board makes major residency requirement changes at last minute - Alaska Dispatch ...
... program.” At the end of an all-day meeting Friday to craft Alaska's first regulations over the cannabis industry, the state Marijuana Control ...

69 percent of users would bypass security controls to win a big deal
When faced with the chance of clinching a major deal people are willing to throw security controls out of the window. This is according to research ...

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Obama to Veto Bill Requiring Background Checks On Syrian Refugees; France Demands Tighter Controls, EU ...
... does not call for ending the refugee program or require religious screenings, as some Republicans have demanded . France Demands Tighter Controls, ...

DC Police Chief, “If you’re in a position to try and take the gunman down…it’s the best option for saving ...
... in a position to try and take the gunman down…it’s the best option for saving lives before police can get there,” Yet DC Supports Gun Control ...

USB Volume Control
... computer speakers, they often have a volume knob you can mount somewhere on your desk so you aren’t dependent on the onboard volume control. ...

5 Questions: Punjab’s rightful control over Chandigarh, says Prem Singh Chandumajra
Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) MP Prem Singh Chandumajra on why he raised the issue of Punjab’s claim over Chandigarh in LS.