PB 8.0.2 vs. PB 8.0.4

We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB
8.0.4.  Any recommendations?
0
Brian
11/19/2003 7:22:10 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 16 followers. Follow

Have you looked at the fixes list associated with 8.0.3 and 8.0.4?
Without knowing what your app does on a detailed level, it'd be hard
for anyone to make a recommendation.

Good luck,

On 19 Nov 2003 11:22:10 -0800, Brian Haake wrote:

>We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB
>8.0.4.  Any recommendations?

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry
11/19/2003 8:14:55 PM
FWIW, we're looking at 6.5 to 9.0.1. Given the necessity of extensive
[expensive!] testing for any release change, we want the longest possible
life in the target version.

"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
> Have you looked at the fixes list associated with 8.0.3 and 8.0.4?
> Without knowing what your app does on a detailed level, it'd be hard
> for anyone to make a recommendation.
>
> Good luck,
>
> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>
> On 19 Nov 2003 11:22:10 -0800, Brian Haake wrote:
>
> >We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB
> >8.0.4.  Any recommendations?
>

> Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com
> Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
> Version 2.2.06 now available at the Sandbox
> See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
> ^ ^
> o o
> =*=

0
Jerry
11/19/2003 8:46:42 PM
Good point! PB8 is likely going to have its support terminated within
the year (typically 60-90 days after the release of PBx+2, and PB10 is
due out 2004Q2). Given the announced plans for 12-18 month release
cycles, that gives PB9 a serious amount of time before you have to
worry about that.

Good luck,

On 19 Nov 2003 12:46:42 -0800, "Jerry Siegel"
<jerrys@data-sci.com.nospam> wrote:

>FWIW, we're looking at 6.5 to 9.0.1. Given the necessity of extensive
>[expensive!] testing for any release change, we want the longest possible
>life in the target version.
>
>"Terry Voth" <sequel@techno-kitten.com> wrote in message
>> Have you looked at the fixes list associated with 8.0.3 and 8.0.4?
>> Without knowing what your app does on a detailed level, it'd be hard
>> for anyone to make a recommendation.
>>
>> Good luck,
>>
>> Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten
>>
>> On 19 Nov 2003 11:22:10 -0800, Brian Haake wrote:
>>
>> >We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB
>> >8.0.4.  Any recommendations?

See the PB Troubleshooting Guide at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

PB 8.0.2 and Crystal Reports 8.0.1.0 #2
Hi, Are there any details available (examples) on how to call/open a Crystal report within an PB application? Thanks, Mahesh ...

Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1?
Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1? You might want to repost this over in the powerbuilder.general section and be a little more specific about the type of printing issues that you are looking for the fix for. On Fri, 24 May 2002 17:55:42 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion John <John> wrote: >Will PB 8.0.2 fix printing problems in 8.0 and 8.0.1? Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

PB 8.0.4 vs PB 10.0.1 and XP
Our office has recently migrated the os to Windows XP Service Pack 2. The computers have 512 mb ram and Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ. I have also migrated a PB application from PB 7 to PB 8.0.4. I have noticed that my application will freeze sporadically. By freezing I mean that the application will no longer respond to the keyboard strokes. We can stop the application through the windows task manager. My questions are (1) does PB 10.0.1 interact better with windows XP than PB 8.0.4 (2) is PB 10.0.1 more resource intensive than PB 8.0.4. Mark <Mark W> wrote in message news:...

Can PB 8.0.4 and PB 7.0.2 coexist in the same box?
Not the right newsgroup but yes, I have 7, 8, 9 all on the same machine, not that I use 7 anymore, just too lazy to remove it :) a. Jorge Luzarraga C wrote: -- Adam Simmonds Lead Analyst/Programmer � Web Development Student Administration Program Major Projects Group The University of Sydney Ph. +61 2 9351 5174 Mb. +61 403 341 474 ...

PB 8.0.2 and Crystal Reports 8.0.1.0
Hi, Are there any examples(details) on how to call/open a Crystal report within an PB application? Thanks, Mahesh ...

PB 8.0.1 to 8.0.2
Don't bother. 8.0.2 is buggy, and 8.0.3 is available. M. Schr�der wrote in message ... ...

PB GPFs while migrating an app from PB 5.0.2 to PB 8.0.1
Hi, I am trying to migrate an application from PB 5.0.02 to PB 8.0.01. The application runs perfectly under PB 5.0.02. While migrating the app, I get the following message: Pb80 has caused an error in PBVM80.DLL. Then PB crashes. Any suggestions? Moreover, does anyone know of some white paper with some advices on migrating apps? Thx Luca Before migrating, you should run the Migration Assistant (File / New / Tools). Make any suggested changes with PB5 before migrating. Of course, backup, backup, backup. Then, optimize all the PBLs and do a Full Rebuild (Library Pain...

connecting to oracle 8.1.6 using PB 7.0.2 and native driver 8.0.4
I am having a problem with connecting our deployed application in PB 7.0.2 and connecting it to an Oracle 8.1.6 using the native 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver. We get the message that "The DBMS O84 is not supported in the current installation.999" We recently upgraded from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.1.6 The development team is working great. I can connect to the database in PB and with the compiled exe. However, we just gave the first test exe to the testers and they cannot connect to Oracle 8.1.6 Here is the run-down of what I looked for: The testers did have the Oracle client in...

PB 8.0 and WinXPPro and installing PB 8.0 update
To all, I have two questions: First: I have a new PC with WinXPPro. I need to install PB 8 on it (as the vendor application that we maintain uses PB 8 objects and from what I understand, you can not save PB 9 objects as PB 8 -- if this is incorrect please let me know!), but according to the PB user manual, WinXP is not listed as an operating system. Has anyone successfully installed PB 8.0 on a WinXPPro machine? If so, were there any gotchas? Second: The PB 8.0 disks I have are update disks and not the full enterprise version. I have the PB 6.5 full enterprise versi...

PB 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 problem
We upgraded PB 8.0.1 build 9056 to PB 8.0.2 build 9506. Since this upgrade, our tab pages and buttons do not work anymore. We click on them and nothing happen. This is only since we upgraded. Did anyone have the same problem or something simular? Is there any documentation? help!! Did u Full Rebuild your application after upgrade?if not do a full rebuild HTH Ashok On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:19:26 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Michel Gingras <michelgingras@videotron.ca> wrote: >We upgraded PB 8.0.1 build 9056 to PB 8.0.2 build 9506. Since this upgra...

Updating from PB 8.0.1 to 8.0.2 Problem
After upgrading to PB 8.0.2 (9506) our application crashes in the SQLPREVIEW event. The problem occurs when we set the databoject (This.DataObject = ls_SearchDw) end then return. In PB 8.0.1 (9056) everything works fine. Do not use 8.02 it had many bugs. Download 8.0.3 and try that. regards ... Chris "M. Schr�der" <M._Schr0xL194zder> wrote in message news:4460D68A59111DCE0031CCC085256C5A.0031CCEA85256C5A@webforums... > After upgrading to PB 8.0.2 (9506) our application crashes in the > SQLPREVIEW event. > The problem occurs when we set the d...

PB 8.0.3 / 8.0.4, which one is good???
As Title I've been pretty happy with 8.0.3. 8.0.4 introduced an issue with some functions on datawindowchild objects when the background color is also being manipulated. (A somewhat specific combination, but one that one of my applications uses quite a bit). There's an EBF out for that now. Main thing I'd suggest is the same as I'd suggest for an EBF. Look at the list of fixed items and (potentially) new features and determine if there are some that you need to have. If the version of PB8 you are currently on is working fine, you'll have to ask why you&...

PB 8.0.4 or PB 10.2 on XP
My application is using PB 8.0.4 on XP. Some of my users are experiencing "cannot read memory..." messages and they are experiencing times when the application freezes (user can not enter any input or do anything inside of the application). These types of problems were not occurring when the application was using PB 7.0.3 on Windows NT4. I do have an official copy of PB10. My question is would some of the memory issues and user problems be solved simply by upgrading to PB 10? I have heard PB 10 does a better job of working with XP than PB 8. It would seem that if ...

PB 8.0.4 Maintenance Release
I am trying to upgrade my instance of PB 8.0.1 Enterprise to 8.0.4 using the maintenace release downloaded from Sybase. When it starts, however, it gives me a 'Severe' error message saying that I don't have PB 8.0 installed on my PC. Any ideas on what might cause this? Thanks, Jeff It seems your 8.0.1 got corrupted. Is PB running fine on 8.0.1? Did you change any run time dlls? are they all of same version? recommends installing a fresh copy of PB and then apply 8.0.4. <jeff.rabinek@cufund.colorado.edu> wrote in message news:3ffd9d88.5cda.846930886@syb...

Web resources about - PB 8.0.2 vs. PB 8.0.4 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Botafogo Futebol Clube (PB) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Botafogo Futebol Clube , usually known as Botafogo , or as Botafogo da Paraíba , is a Brazilian football club from João Pessoa , Paraíba state ...

Scaling the Facebook Data Warehouse to 300 PB
... At Facebook, we have unique storage scalability challenges when it comes to our data warehouse. Our warehouse stores upwards of 300 PB of Hive ...

PB Wolf (@OleHippieChick) on Twitter

Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

PB Visa Gold Credit Card - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My first credit card - Public Bank Visa Gold My First Credit Card: PB Visa Gold

YouTube - 7.00!!! OMG!!! NEW PB! OMG!! OMG!!! SO CLOSE TO SIX!! OOMMGG!!!
Hochgeladen am 12.10.2008 Official OMG Skrillex T-Shirts are available at SkrillexMerch.com. Check them out! This special video has been featured ...

Canberra's Zoe Buckman sets 1500m PB
Canberra's Zoe Buckman set a PB in the 1500m at the Diamond League meet in Oregon on Saturday.

Pacific Basin puts PB Towage up for sale
PACIFIC Basin Shipping says it has hired Citigroup to find buyers for its tug business PB Towage, which operates in Australia, Southeast Asia ...

Review: Aukey’s 12,000mAh PB-N28 is the $25 battery that fully refills any current iPad
Last month, budget charging accessory maker Aukey released PB-N30 , the first external battery with a female Lightning recharging port. For only ...

Chill Out With PB And J In Polar Bowler, A Bowling Game Like No Other
PB and J are back in a brand new game for Apple’s iOS called Polar Bowler . The new app, which promises gamers a bowling game like no other, ...