PB 8 and SQL Anywhere 5.5, SQL Server 7

Does anyone know if there any known issues for a PB 8.0 Enterprise
application connecting to SQL Server 7.0? Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5?
Thanks in advance.

Michael A. Falcone
iCorpsTechnologies, Inc.
mfalcone@icorpstech.com

0
Michael

SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0
Hi All! I was just wondering if I can have both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 databases on the same machine? I have two applications using two different databases, and using two different type of ODBC configuration setting. For some reason, when I installed the application which used MS SQL Server 7.0, my other application using SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 crashed or just doesn't work like it used to. I read somewhere that both SQL Anywhere 5.5.02 and MS SQL Server 7.0 can be on the same machine but I need some clarification. If I need to upgrade my SQL Anywhere 5....

Moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere 8.0
Dear Sirs/user group, We would like to upgrade the sybase SQL Anywhere from version 5.5.05 database to version 8. I am told that the table names we currently use and maybe the procedures and triggers names are too long; 28 and 16 characters respectively. That is the maximum name length allowed in version 8? If I upgrade and SQL 8 shortens the table names, will the procedures be updated to reflect the changes of the table names? Or will I have to do all the changes manually, going through each procedure with a fine tooth comb? Thanks in advance, Oded Szpiro oded@travelca...

Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000
Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find any useful information about this ie known problems, processes etc. Thanks Chris wrote: > Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to > find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL > Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find > any useful information about this ie known problems, > processes etc. If you already have a solution on SA 5 (now ASA), why are yo...

Powerbuilder 8 and SQL Anywhere 5.5
I am working with PB6.5 with SQL Anyhere 5 database.My company is planning to move to Powerbuilder 8.Could anyone tell me if I need to upgrade my database also or can it work fine without upgrading? Thanks You do not need to upgrade the database... -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com ** Please only post to the newsgroup ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm ** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http:...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with MS SQL Server
I have a client who would like to run SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on the same server machine as Microsoft SQL server. Is this possable. What type of issues should I expect. Any information would be helpful. TIA Chris Christopher K. Taylor wrote: > > I have a client who would like to run SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 on the same server > machine as Microsoft SQL server. Is this possable. What type of issues > should I expect. Any information would be helpful. TIA Yes, you can run both of these environments on the same machine. The only issues I can think of have to do with...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 with SQL Server 2000
I am having a problem starting a SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 engine on a Windows 2000 server already running Microsoft Server 2000. Does anyone know of any problems associated with running this configuration or why it isn't working. Perhaps you can clarify what specifically is happening? i.e., errors, specific behaviour, how you are starting the database, can it start if MS SQL Server is not running? -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 **************************************************************************** * Sign up today for your copy ...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.2
We are running SQLA5505 and now want to upgrade to ASA702. For we have several stored procedures that we were not able to unload and reload, we thought of doing the upgrading process slowly, step by step: 1st, running the old database file under dbeng7.exe, 2nd, upgrading the old database file to level 7, 3rd, reloading the database file to complete level 7 features. But at this point, there startet a discussion, what features we can use in what level, so my question is: What features of Sybase 7 can we use, if we do that stepts? What can we do with no uprading, what needs an upgrade,...

PB 7.0 with SQL Anywhere 5.5
How can I configure PB 7.0 to use the SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC driver instead of the ASA 6.0? thx in advance Do you have SQL Anywhere 5.5 installed? <\sillyquestion> Paul Horan [TeamSybase] Buffalo, NY <Robert> wrote in message news:13946D368D6A872D00741570852569FB.0074157F852569FB@webforums... > How can I configure PB 7.0 to use the SQL Anywhere 5.5 ODBC driver instead > of the ASA 6.0? thx in advance Yes, I do. Our application is developed by our head office and I just want to try create new program to access the db using PB7. PB7 will use the same ...

Powerbuilder 7.0 and Sql Anywhere 5.5
I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal database errors ever since I switched my application from Powerbuilder 5.0 to 7.0. Do you know of any known problems with this. If so, what can I do about it? Please advise Define fatal database errors? Do you mean assertions? If so, read http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1010805. /ck <Jim_Sacks> wrote in message news:1B0972BF2418D403004477D285256AF2.004477E185256AF2@webforums... > I have been having problems with my 5.5 Sql Anywhere database getting fatal > database errors ever since I s...

Migrating from SQL Anywhere 5.5 to MS SQL 7.0
I have a large application written in Powerbuilder 6.5.1 using Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5. I would like to change the database to Microsoft SQL Server 7.0. The app has the following : 300 datawindows / datastores Embedded SQL in about 100 events / functions. The Database has the following: 50 tables with indexes and foriegn keys NO stored procedures or triggers. I'm pretty sure I want to use ODBC and not native drivers. Question : If there a paper that will help me through this migration process. Hopefully I would not have to change any datawindows! I have already migra...

Help with SQL Server 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.x
Cheers: I'm working on PowerBuilder using a SQL Server 6.5 database, but sometimes I have to change to SQL Anywhere 5.3 because of it's portability, but all of the SQL instructions are created in upper case (in SQL Server), and SQL any... only recognizes this instructions in lower case, so I have to change the instructions everytime, because SQL Server does not recognize lower case either. I am trying to find about it working with DBParm, but I haven't found anything yet in the online help. Is there a way to solve this problem so I can work with both plattforms wit...

MS SQL 7.0 & SQL Anywhere 5.5 on same machine
Is this possible?????? We've got one product that uses SQL Anywhere 5.5 server and we'd like to also put MS SQL 7.0 on the same box. Would there be any problem with this configuration???? Thanks, Peter I run SSA5505, ASA8 and SQL Server 2000 all on one machine with no problems whatsoever. Ach Peter Brown wrote: > Is this possible?????? > > We've got one product that uses SQL Anywhere 5.5 server and we'd like to > also put MS SQL 7.0 on the same box. > > Would there be any problem with this configuration???? > > T...

ODBC 3.5 + PB 6.5 + Sql Anywhere 5.5.04 + Win95b
I am unable to view the procedure syntax using PB 6.5 against a Sql Anywhere 5.5.04 database using ODBC 3.51; I receive the message: "The database does not currently support retrieval of procedure text". Using the same database file, I can receive the procedure syntax when using PB 5.0.04 ( 16-bit ), or when using PB 7 beta. Also, the Design menu within the Database Administration painter for PB 6.5 does not have the entries for 'Table Security', 'Maintain Users' or 'Maintain Groups'. This ODBC is the one which comes with the Jaguar beta. My Pb...

Pb 5.0 Desktop with sql anywhere 5.5
Hi, I am using pb 5.0 Desktop and i want know if sql anywhere 5.5 works with my development enviroment, or if dont work if there are any option (such ODBC drivers) to make work together. ...

Web resources about - PB 8 and SQL Anywhere 5.5, SQL Server 7 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

On Trump's Muslim Ban and Why 'Proto-fascism' is Winning
The most obvious, and most disturbing, thing anyone can say about Donald Trump’s latest outrage is that it will probably work. I mean, why not? ...

Mozilla stops working on Firefox OS smartphones
Mozilla originally launched Firefox OS with dreams of democratizing the smartphone: instead of closed platforms and apps, you'd have an open, ...

Benedict Cumberbatch Will Play a Nazi-Fighting Illusionist in The War Magician
You thought every war story had already been told? Apparently not. In the new thriller The War Magician , Benedict Cumberbatch will play Jasper ...

Google's Authenticator security app comes to Android smartwatches
There's a new version of Google Autheticator for Android that includes a Android Wear version of the app. The updated Authenticator lets users ...

Breathtaking: This Is Totally What Kim and Kanye's Baby Is Gonna Look Like
TMZ commissioned a forensic artist to predict what Kim Kardashian and Kanye West ’s newborn son Saint will look like as a little boy. The results ...

Uber is looking into launching two new ridesharing services
Uber announced on Tuesday that it will trial a pair of new ridesharing services in the Seattle and Chicago metro areas. The first, called UberHOP, ...

Undercover Greenpeace activists buy off corrupt academics in a climate change sting
The environmental activism group Greenpeace today disclosed that it led an undercover investigation to expose how easy it is for big oil, gas, ...

China rolls out WATER CANNON to take on Beijing smog
Beijing's pollution crisis appears to have spawned a new fashion trend with dozens of residents seen walking the smog-ridden streets wearing ...

Judge Throws out Kansas Man's Murder Conviction
Judge overturns Kansas man's conviction in sister-in-law's 1999 killing

Boston: 80 Students Fall Ill After Eating At Chipotle Mexican Grill
In a fresh blow for Chipotle Mexican Grill which was recently in the news for the E. coli outbreak that spread across its outlets located in ...