PB 8 and PB 6.5, 7.0

Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 / 7.0 apps on the
same
system?
Are there any issues with shared DLLs.  From what I was told the DLLs
are named different, but has anyone actually tried this?

0
Charles

I have PBL Peeper 5, 6, 7 and 8 on my system. I often run multiple versions
simultaneously. No problems.

Good luck,

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:06:51 -0500,
Charles <nospam@ssc.nasa.gov> wrote:
>Can you deploy Powerbuilder 8 and Powerbuilder 6.5 / 7.0 apps on the
>same
>system?
>Are there any issues with shared DLLs.  From what I was told the DLLs
>are named different, but has anyone actually tried this?

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
Version 2 now available at the Sandbox
0
Terry

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

pb 6.5 to pb 7 or 8
Is there anyone who have migrate from PB 6.5 to a recent release as V7 or V8 ? We would like to know if some problems can occur and whichones. In the same time, migrate from asa6.03 to 7 We are in the process of converting from 6.5 to 7.0.3 (10079)... the major issues that we found (once we got past build 10059) were mainly timing and Treeview related... Some timing changes caused some endless loops in the initialization of most of our treeview objects... The reason for the move past 10059 was a fairly major issue with PB loosing track of which events had extend/overri...

PB 6.5 Vs PB 8.0
We have an application developed using PB 6.5. Recently we started running into problems with the build and Visual Source Safe. We are considering migrating to PB 8.0. What are the benefits of migrating to PB 8.0? Are there any major benefits with respect to builds. I went through some of the postings on this newsgroup, but could not get much information. If someone has any links or ideas, it would help us a lot. Regards Srinivas ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Have you tried reading the newsgroup powersoft.p...

Migration from PB 6.5 to PB 8.0
I migrate my application from PB6.5 to PB 8.0. Should I change my PFC libraries from 6.5 to 8 or migration is enough? I'd consider them separate tasks. Get your app up and running and tested with the PFC6 PBLs, then think about whether you want to upgrade to PFC8 (e.g. to get new bug fixes). If you mix them and run into problems, you'll have a heck of a time trying to figure out which change caused it. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:21:16 -0500, "Stan Shvabskiy" <sshvabskiy@align.com> wrote: >...

Migrating to PB 8.0 from PB 6.5
Is there a migration path or available information to go from PB 6.5 using the PFC to PB 8.0. Also I've just start this with version 8.0 build 6028. From looking at the newsgroup listing it appears there is a most recent version out. I could not find it under downloads. thanks.... Migrating a PFC app from v6.5 to v8.0 is not a problem if carefully planned. We have just completed the process successfuly ourselves. The main issues you will get are that there are a large number of changes made to the PB8.0 PFC libraries from v6.5. You can either: - continue to use the PB6...

PB 7.0 & PB 6.5
Hi, lcidll32.dll (used in PB 6.5 for database connectivity)-could anyone tell the equivalent dll version in PB 7.0 thanks. nsr ...

Web resources about - PB 8 and PB 6.5, 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Apple suspends effort to develop online TV service: Bloomberg
(Reuters) - Apple Inc has suspended plans to offer a live Internet-based television service and is instead focusing on being a platform for media ...

The entire 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' press conference in bite-sized videos
LOS ANGELES — If you stumbled across the Los Angeles Convention Center over the weekend, you might have seen a Yu-Gi-Oh! competition, a ski-equipment ...

Quentin Tarantino Delivers Shrieking UFC-Style Intros for ‘Hateful Eight’ Cast at Hollywood Premiere
The December 2012 premiere for “Django Unchained” was canceled in the wake of the Newtown, Connecticut, but three years later not even the threat ...

Google Pixel C Tablet Now Available For Purchase
Last week, we reported that the Google Pixel C tablet was rumored for launch in a week’s time – and it seems that this particular rumor is definitely ...

Uber is looking into launching two new ridesharing services
Uber announced on Tuesday that it will trial a pair of new ridesharing services in the Seattle and Chicago metro areas. The first, called UberHOP, ...

China rolls out WATER CANNON to take on Beijing smog
Beijing's pollution crisis appears to have spawned a new fashion trend with dozens of residents seen walking the smog-ridden streets wearing ...

Undercover Greenpeace activists buy off corrupt academics in a climate change sting
The environmental activism group Greenpeace today disclosed that it led an undercover investigation to expose how easy it is for big oil, gas, ...

Judge Throws out Kansas Man's Murder Conviction
Judge overturns Kansas man's conviction in sister-in-law's 1999 killing

Showtime launches first-ever boxing match in virtual reality
Yet another major media company has hopped aboard the fast moving train that is 360-degree video positioned as virtual reality , and this time ...

Chicago police misconduct has frayed relations with blacks
CHICAGO (AP) — A South Side police commander and his officers tortured black suspects into confessing to crimes they didn't commit. Another rogue ...