PB 8 and Java?

Hi, im searching for info about how connect PB 8.0 and some
java methods, i had some methods made in  java, they connect
to some web services, and they return some values. I need to
get that data by my PB App.
how can i do that??
thanks
0
JedYX
1/13/2011 4:23:48 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0044.html might be useful (says
it's deprecated) but you really would be better off with a more recent
version of PB, where you could use the web service directly.

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 1/13/2011 11:23 AM, JedYX wrote:
> Hi, im searching for info about how connect PB 8.0 and some
> java methods, i had some methods made in  java, they connect
> to some web services, and they return some values. I need to
> get that data by my PB App.
> how can i do that??
> thanks
0
Jerry
1/13/2011 7:52:45 PM
"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo.com> wrote in

> http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0044.html might be useful (says
> it's deprecated) but you really would be better off with a more recent
> version of PB, where you could use the web service directly.

For PB9, the EJB prxy is a simple way to do that (even if the java class is
not an EJB). See http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0224.html

Bye.
--
Real Gagnon  from  Quebec, Canada
* Java, Javascript, VBScript or PowerBuilder snippets

PB from Java? or Java from PB?
Hi PB Experts, It's been many a year since I dabbled with PB, and now I am working for a Java component vendor. We have a prospect that is using PB (and VB) and doesn't know anything about Java. I have some vague ideas about how the two can talk to each other, but am interested in what your experience might be in this regard. Thanks in advance for any advice/perspective. - Jordan. Jordan Olin Sr. Technical Account Manager ILOG, Inc. jolin@ilog.com (781) 365-4003 At this point, you're gold if the Java component is residing on EAServer. There have been ...

Any resource on PowerBuilder webcast / training for new PowerBuilder developer (PB 8 or ...)
Hi, I wonder if you guys know any links to help a new PowerBuilder developer? I have a friend who is indeed needs to get a hands on DataWindow to maintain several existing reports in PB 8 or 9. She has a .NET background but not PowerBuilder. Please let me know. Thanks. -- Eddy Soeparmin The "Getting Started" documentation/tutorial should help... http://infocenter.sybase.com/help/topic/com.sybase.dc37772_1150/html/pbgs/title.htm ....there's also analogous documentation going back to v10.0... http://sybooks.sybase.com/nav/detail.do?docset=430 ......

PB 8.0.2 Build 9506
Here's another one - when I open PB 8, I get a messagebox that states: "Could not instantiate the Web Target Applet Info Java class. This is most likely caused by not having the Microsoft Java VM installed. After this VM is installed through the 'Custom' install in IE, this message will not be displayed again." The other developers on my team do not get this message when they open PB 8. I assume the reference to "IE" is Internet Explorer. I was running version 6, and the others on my team were running version 5. I could not find a '...

PB to Java Conversion, Calling PB Functions from Java
Sorry for the cross-post, but I was not sure which group to post to for these kinds of questions. I was wondering if there is a way to call PB functions from Java on a Windows platform. Especially the datawindow/datawindow control related functions and events (like modify and describe). I would also like to know if there are any Java libraries available that provide PB equivalent functionality that can be used to convert PB to Java. Thanks in advance. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Tim Sybase has a produc...

Calling PB Functions From Java, PB to Java Conversion
I was wondering if there is a way to call PB functions from Java on a Windows platform. Especially the datawindow/datawindow control related functions and events (like modify and describe). I would also like to know if there are any Java libraries available that provide PB equivalent functionality that can be used to convert PB to Java. Thanks in advance. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Interesting. I'll think about that. J -- Jonathan Baker eBusiness Division Sybase, Inc. "Tim O...

PB Native and Powerbuilder 8
I need your opinions. We built an in house software to do our check ins and check outs and versioning. This software was made in powerbuilder 6.5 and was made to work with powerbuilder 6.5 objects. Don't ask me why they didn't use object cycle... Anyhow. By migrating to PB8 it came to my understanding that PB Native acts as a real source control. That is the problem. Our inhouse scc would use PbNative and PmCycle to do its versioning. I really doubt that our inhouse scc will still be able work. I was messing around with the new PbNative and notice that even though it is ...

pb 8 and java code.
1) I assume ,by the pb help, that I can write a PB app using Java code. Is this correct? 2) is the a utility that can convert the PB code into Jave code? or be able to generate two identical apps , one in PB one in Java to compare. I would like to learn Java and if my code could be re-written in Java I would have a better learning tool than those I found so far. ( I understand what I wrote in PB script , therefore having that script converted to Java would allow me to have a skeleton pgm to learn on) Tim, Java is not supported as a coding language within the PB IDE. T...

PB 8.0 and WinXPPro and installing PB 8.0 update
To all, I have two questions: First: I have a new PC with WinXPPro. I need to install PB 8 on it (as the vendor application that we maintain uses PB 8 objects and from what I understand, you can not save PB 9 objects as PB 8 -- if this is incorrect please let me know!), but according to the PB user manual, WinXP is not listed as an operating system. Has anyone successfully installed PB 8.0 on a WinXPPro machine? If so, were there any gotchas? Second: The PB 8.0 disks I have are update disks and not the full enterprise version. I have the PB 6.5 full enterprise versi...

PB 8.0.2 vs. PB 8.0.4
We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB 8.0.4. Any recommendations? Have you looked at the fixes list associated with 8.0.3 and 8.0.4? Without knowing what your app does on a detailed level, it'd be hard for anyone to make a recommendation. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 19 Nov 2003 11:22:10 -0800, Brian Haake wrote: >We are currently on PB 8.0.2 and are debating going to PB >8.0.4. Any recommendations? Sequel's Sandbox: http://www.techno-kitten.com Home of PBL Peeper, a free PowerBuilder Developer's T...

PB 8.02(9506) vs PB 8.03(9704)
We have PB8.02(9506); now we plan to upgrade to PB 8.03(9704). If anyone has any advice or warning, please share them with me. Thanks. ...

PB 8.0 and distributed powerbuilder
I've heard rumors that Powerbuilder 8.0 will no longer support distributed powerbuilder but will instead require you to deploy to EAServer if you wish to continue to utilize a 3-tier environment. Can someone confirm or deny this rumor. We are beginning the process of researching EAServer and I'm sure we will eventually move in that direction however it would be somewhat disheartening to find out that Sybase is outright pulling the plug on their original 3-tier functionality. I guess I should be more specific on my question though: do they plan on pulling the non-EAServer dis...

Calling Java class from PB 8
Hello, I found a whitepaper concerning calling a Java class from pb10 (http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1037085), and I was wandering if it was possible (and the same) to call a Java class from a PB 8 client server app. Here is what is happening. I have a web app (JSP-Servlet-PB), in which I have a Java Class. I use this Java class to upload documents to my database (Oracle Text). I would like to reuse that class (which calls a PB object which calls a PL/SQL proc to do the actual upload). Is it possible? And if so, how? Is it the same as in the whitepaper? Thanks in advan...

Oracle 8.03/PB 5.03/Beta Oracle 8 PB Driver
I'm using the beta oracle 8 driver posted by powersoft. For the most part it seems to work, however, when I preview a datawindow that has input parameters, I always get this following error after I type in the datavalues. Anyone else used this beta driver? I downloaded it about a month or so ago. Select Error: ORA-01460 unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested. Thanks In article <34aabe40.1210210170@forums.powersoft.com>, peter_kellner@kellner.com says... >> Select Error: ORA-01460 unimplemented or unreasonable conversion >> requested. >...

PB Profiler for PB 8
Dear All, Is there a profiler available for PB 8 ? We have a profiler that comes with PB 6 installation but when we open the *.pbp file (created by PB 8) we get the following error: Could not open file Error: InvalidFileFormatError! Any help would be highly appreciated. Regards Pranav It is now integrated into PowerBuilder. Select File->New and look under the Tool tabpage. Regards Henrik Jakobsen Pranav wrote: Dear All, Is there a profiler available for PB 8 ? We have a profiler that comes with PB 6 installation but when we open the *.pbp file (...

Web resources about - PB 8 and Java? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Java - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the Indonesian island. For the programming language, see Java (programming language) . For other uses, see Java (disambiguation) ...

Thousands of Java applications vulnerable to nine-month-old exploit
A popular Java library has a serious vulnerability, discovered over nine months ago, that continues to put thousands of Java applications and ...

Xamarin Buys RoboVM, Adds Java to its C# Fold
Xamarin acquired RoboVM to enable developers to build native iOS and Android apps in Java as well as the previously supported C# language.

OracleVoice: Cloud And Internet Of Things Fuel Java's Ongoing Momentum
Oracle, Java’s parent company, announced a new offering for cloud-based Java services, entitled Java SE Cloud Service. It delivers not only Java ...

Oracle v. Google: Judge Alsup, who reportedly taught himself Java, gets the law wrong again
Many people were impressed by Judge William H. Alsup's claim ( according to media reports ) that he had taught himself Java to better be able ...

In Java, teens who break the 9 p.m. dating curfew may have to marry - GlobalPost
Closed-circuit cameras will be watching for violators. JAKARTA, Indonesia — In West Java, teenagers wondering whether to ask out their latest ...

3 Billion Devices And A Sega Genesis Run Java
... play homebrew games on a real Genesis console, everyone has a CD burner somewhere. [Mike] began writing his demo and then realized adding Java ...

Java reigns, but Go language spikes in popularity
Tiobe tweaked its algorithm to remove statistical noise, leading to leaps for Go and Scala and drops for F# and OpenEdge ABL

In Honor Of National Coffee Day, Here Are 7 Ways Java Is Excellent For Your Health
Take out your French press, creamer, and favorite mug, because today is National Coffee Day. And since java sometimes gets a bad rap, today is ...

Flash, Java Patches Fix Critical Holes
... zero-day vulnerability in its Flash Player software. Separately, Oracle today released an update to plug more than two-dozen flaws in its Java ...