PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

We are using PB 5.04 Enterprise at this moment and are almost happy (uch)
with it.
Because we don't programming applications for the Internet (maybe in the
near future) we haven't upgraded to version 6.0 and 6.5. Now we are confused
what to do, keeping the old and 'stable' version (5.04) or upgrading to a
newer version. Are there features in the newer versions wich make it a
'must' to upgrade. What are this features. Or are there reasons to stay on
5.04 (buggy newer versions?).

What is doing the rest of the Powerbuilder world???

Greetings,
Hans Groeneveld

0
Hans

Hans,

The reasons to upgrade would be support as well as new development. Sybase
supports the current release and the prior release - now 7.0 and 6.5. 5.0.04
will be the last release for 5 and is not "officially" supported from 90
days after the release of 7.

The development environment in 7 (once you get used to it <g>) is much nicer
than the previous versions. This, plus a richer feature set will aid new
development efforts.

--
Regards,
Millard[TeamPS]

Hans Groeneveld wrote in message ...
>We are using PB 5.04 Enterprise at this moment and are almost happy (uch)
>with it.
>Because we don't programming applications for the Internet (maybe in the
>near future) we haven't upgraded to version 6.0 and 6.5. Now we are
confused
>what to do, keeping the old and 'stable' version (5.04) or upgrading to a
>newer version. Are there features in the newer versions wich make it a
>'must' to upgrade. What are this features. Or are there reasons to stay on
>5.04 (buggy newer versions?).
>
>What is doing the rest of the Powerbuilder world???
>
>Greetings,
>Hans Groeneveld

0
Millard

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Install PB 6.5 over PB 6.0
I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works good. is it a mistake? On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:41:47 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Jandri <jandri@mx2.redestb.es> wrote: >I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works >good. >is it a mistake? No, if you just downloaded the PB 6.5 (free) maintenance files that is what you're supposed to do. However if you have upgraded your PB6.0 to the full PB 6.5 version, which includes PowerSite 1.5, PowerDesigner Appmodeler, soon to be shipped Web Deployme...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Web resources about - PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Flickr: alexthegoon's Photostream
Artist, Writer Amateur Comic Book, Newspaper Strip and Animation Historian

Stargate SG-1 (season 2) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Season two of Stargate SG-1 , an American-Canadian television series , began airing on June 26, 1998 on Showtime . The second season concluded ...

Contact Us
Contact Us

Articles citations with the tag: ART workshops (Adult education)
Dramatizing healthy sexual practices: Workshop for girls communicates important health messages through improv. Cano, Angele // Hub (Hay River, ...

Nanite 85 The Worlds Smallest ATtiny85 Arduino Development Board
Maker and developers looking for a tiny Arduino development board might be interested in The Nanite 85, which could possibly be the world’s smallest ...

michaeldreher42-bluecontroller - Arduino support and ISP programmer for BlueController (BCA8-BTM) ATmega ...
My favorites ▼ - Sign in michaeldreher42-bluecontroller Arduino support and ISP programmer for BlueController (BCA8-BTM) ATmega board - optiboot ...

Geneva Motor Show 2011 Supercar Preview
We have brought quite a bit of news about the upcoming 2011 Geneva Motor Show in the last few weeks, now it is time to recap and this article ...

bootloader
Adafruit’s Trinket and digiStump’s Digispark board are rather close cousins. Both use an ATtiny85 microcontroller, both have USB functionality, ...

Hairston finds budget solutions
Share the post "Hairston finds budget solutions" FacebookTwitterE-mail

LED chandelier
Have LED lights always fascinated you? Well they have for me ever since i wired my first circuit with my dad in grade 1.until now i have always ...