PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores

Hi all,

I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago.
For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing
some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores
( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page
Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via
extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is
somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot
notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt and the PBL's
optimized. Anyway, just looking to see if anyone else has experienced
similar effects.

Thanks,

Jim

0
jleary

jleary@pwrpros.com schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago.
> For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing
> some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores
> ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page
> Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via
> extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is
> somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot
> notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt and the PBL's
> optimized. Anyway, just looking to see if anyone else has experienced
> similar effects.

I had a problem with a dot-notation, that worked in a prior version of
the runtime.
I updated and run into trouble. After changing my code it did not happen
anymore.
The errors sometimes did not happen at the first call.
Ben Gong adviced me to use getItemXXX - but I had to insert a case
statement for type checking :-(

Thomas
0
Thomas

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

[MIGRATION QUESTION] PB 6.5.1 vs PB 8.0.1
Hi everyone, i have a question : We have developped a startegic application for one of our customer. We've developped it using PB 6.5.1 (on Windows NT 4.0) we plan to migrate this application to PB 8.0.1. Does anyone have heard about particuliar problems about PB 8 ? What is your opinion about this new version ? It seems to be faster... Is it stable enough w/ OCXs, etc ? Thanks in advance for any answer ! best regards, Guillaume MAISON In Sybase.Public.EAServer.PowerBuilder I answered another question regarding PB4 to PB8. See that posting for further detai...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

PB 5.0.04 vs PB 6.5.444 behavior difference
I found a difference between the two versions of PB. This is a difference that doesn't cause a compile or runtime error but the line of code fails to work as expected. :( In PB 5.0.04 the code is: il_secure_facs = icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ).fac_urn Where icc_multi.of_facility_get_secure_facs( this ) returns a structure that has been created in the structure painter (not an object structure) What I found is that in PB 6.5.444 the code fails to return the structure and also there is no compile or runtime error to indicate a problem. The workaro...

Running PB 6.5.1 on Localized Deployment Kit of 6.5.0
Hi, Because the Localized Deployment Kit for PB 6.5.1 is not yet available (am I wrong?), I'am planning to build my application (EXE + PBDs) on PB 6.5.1 and then use the �old� Localized Deployment Kit of PB 6.5.0 to execute it. Does someone already try it? Do you think it will work? TIA, Claude Charest Claude, I would not recommend this... I've done it in the past and have had (seemingly) random GPFs and "Internal PowerBuilder Error, contact Sybase" errors. If you decide to do this, test, test, test and then test some more. HTH, Greg -- ______...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Can PB 5.0, 6.0, and 6.5 Coexist
I currently support a couple of PB5.0 applications and I am looking to upgrade them to PB 6 or 6.5. I read the 6.5 documentation that said you need to remove all previous versions of PB before installing. I would like to have 5.0 and 6.0 or 6.5 coexist so that I can still support the old application while I work the 6.5 to learn and study the upgrade. So, can they co-exist and what problems might I run into? Thanks , Doug I have PB5 16-bit, (5.03), PB5 32-bit (PB5.04), PB6.5 and PB7 on the same machine - They live in different worlds. Make sure you keep backups of code and main...

Web resources about - PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Fortune Datastore - Home
The Ultimate Resource for marketing, mailings, sales, and research!

F8: No Internet Connection? Parse Local Datastore Has Your Apps Covered
Applications that work offline? Why not? Parse announced the launch of Parse Local Datastore — a new feature in its software-development kit ...

Parse Roundup: Introducing Crash Reporting, Local Datastore for iOS, and Much More
Parse Roundup: Introducing Crash Reporting, Local Datastore for iOS, and Much More

Twitter Engineering: Introducing Gizzard, a framework for creating distributed datastores
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 Introducing Gizzard, a framework for creating distributed datastores An introduction to sharding Many modern web sites ...

Flickr: The Guardian Datastore Pool
Take our data, mash it up and create great visualisations with it - then post them on here

Datastore Automotive News
$120 - 2008 Top 125 Dealership Groups in the U.S. ranked by revenue for all departments (includes sales by department, makes sold, and top sales ...

Google Cloud Platform enhances Compute Engine, App Engine and Cloud Datastore
... additions: layer 3 load balancing capability for Google Compute Engine new features and productivity improvements for Google Cloud Datastore ...

Google deprecates old App Engine datastore in favor of High-Replication version
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which ...

Welcoming Dropbox Datastore
... I need to stop telling people that Zumero is "like Dropbox, except for data instead of files". :-) This week, Dropbox announced their Datastore ...

Google cuts prices on week-old datastore
Let the cloud price chopping continue. A week after Google announced its Cloud Datastore managed NoSQL database, it’s cutting its price, according ...