PB 6.5 to PB 9.0

We are contemplating on converting the PB 6.5 application to
PB 9.0 Build # 5507.
Is there any information available with the known bugs /
problems with this build number? If yes please redirect me
to it.

Thanks,
Rahul
0
Rahul

Hey,

A good idea is to check the Sybase website for release notes.
All you need to know is described in there.

HTH,
Davy

<Rahul S.> wrote in message news:41c00130.5890.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are contemplating on converting the PB 6.5 application to
> PB 9.0 Build # 5507.
> Is there any information available with the known bugs /
> problems with this build number? If yes please redirect me
> to it.
>
> Thanks,
> Rahul

0
Davy
12/15/2004 11:41:47 AM
Rahl;

 I would NOT migrate to PB 9.0. Instead, either 9.0.1 or 9.02 which have had
allot of minor fixes applied. We have been on 9.0.1 in production for the
better part of this year with no problems. We just converted all
applications on December 2nd to 9.0.2 and to-date all is working great!

Regards ... Chris
Great White North Technical Evangelist

<Rahul S.> wrote in message news:41c00130.5890.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are contemplating on converting the PB 6.5 application to
> PB 9.0 Build # 5507.
> Is there any information available with the known bugs /
> problems with this build number? If yes please redirect me
> to it.
>
> Thanks,
> Rahul

0
Chris
12/15/2004 12:34:52 PM
Rahul,

Not sure why you would migrate to an older release. I'd suggest moving to
9.0.2 or 10.0.1. PB10 will have a longer support lifecycle with Sybase than
PB9.

Thanks,

Sanjiv.

<Rahul S.> wrote in message news:41c00130.5890.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are contemplating on converting the PB 6.5 application to
> PB 9.0 Build # 5507.
> Is there any information available with the known bugs /
> problems with this build number? If yes please redirect me
> to it.
>
> Thanks,
> Rahul

0
Sanjiv

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Migration from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0
Hello, We are in the process of migrating from PB 6.5 to 9.0.1 Build 7096. We found that when we are inserting rows using PB 6.5 it was found that the SQL which got generated in where was : WHERE APPLICANT_ID = NULL, In PB 9.0 the same datawindow is generating SQL as : WHERE APPLICANT_ID is NULL. The 2nd one is taking a long time to display the blank screen. Is there any solution to this which can be put in the INI file? Environment is Oracle 9i R2 and PB 9.0 using O84 drivers. Regards Ravi Why are you not using the "O90" drivers? "RH" <rharv...

Migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0
Sybase will be giving our company a presentation on migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 with a view to deploying to the WEB. Our application is three tier. IBM DB2 PB App Servers on Mid teir Servers PB Client applications on WinNT and Win98 PCs If anyone has any experiences (usually bad) with migration issues I would appreciate any input or advice on specific questions and issues we should bring up at this presentation. Thanks Snookyt What app servers are you using now? Is this currently a DPB app? On Thu, 2 May 2002 15:07:36 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilde...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

Migrating from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 #2
After migrating our PB 6.5 application to PB 9.0 it showed up warnings for GetSQLPreview function. Is it safe to leave this as it is? Since they are quite a lot. Will it cause any problems? Thanks, Rahul The help file in PB8 states: Obsolete method GetSQLPreview is obsolete and will be discontinued in the near future. You should replace all references to GetSQLPreview as soon as possible. The SQL syntax is available as an argument in the DBError and SQLPreview events. That means that Sybase has warned you that the function won't be around forever. You're going to ...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Install PB 6.5 over PB 6.0
I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works good. is it a mistake? On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:41:47 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Jandri <jandri@mx2.redestb.es> wrote: >I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works >good. >is it a mistake? No, if you just downloaded the PB 6.5 (free) maintenance files that is what you're supposed to do. However if you have upgraded your PB6.0 to the full PB 6.5 version, which includes PowerSite 1.5, PowerDesigner Appmodeler, soon to be shipped Web Deployme...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 to PB 9.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Botafogo Futebol Clube (PB) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Botafogo Futebol Clube , usually known as Botafogo , or as Botafogo da Paraíba , is a Brazilian football club from João Pessoa , Paraíba state ...

Scaling the Facebook Data Warehouse to 300 PB
... At Facebook, we have unique storage scalability challenges when it comes to our data warehouse. Our warehouse stores upwards of 300 PB of Hive ...

PB Wolf (@OleHippieChick) on Twitter

Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Peanut Butter Sandwich Maker - PB & Jelly! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

PB Visa Gold Credit Card - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My first credit card - Public Bank Visa Gold My First Credit Card: PB Visa Gold

YouTube - 7.00!!! OMG!!! NEW PB! OMG!! OMG!!! SO CLOSE TO SIX!! OOMMGG!!!
Hochgeladen am 12.10.2008 Official OMG Skrillex T-Shirts are available at SkrillexMerch.com. Check them out! This special video has been featured ...

Canberra's Zoe Buckman sets 1500m PB
Canberra's Zoe Buckman set a PB in the 1500m at the Diamond League meet in Oregon on Saturday.

Pacific Basin puts PB Towage up for sale
PACIFIC Basin Shipping says it has hired Citigroup to find buyers for its tug business PB Towage, which operates in Australia, Southeast Asia ...

Review: Aukey’s 12,000mAh PB-N28 is the $25 battery that fully refills any current iPad
Last month, budget charging accessory maker Aukey released PB-N30 , the first external battery with a female Lightning recharging port. For only ...

Chill Out With PB And J In Polar Bowler, A Bowling Game Like No Other
PB and J are back in a brand new game for Apple’s iOS called Polar Bowler . The new app, which promises gamers a bowling game like no other, ...