PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment

I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5.  I have
compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the
developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04
installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment DLL's
to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set of
PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's.  It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB
5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process.

My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd's & 6.5
DLL's.  Anyone??

0
Tom

Tom,

Are you sure you're running the correct (PB6.5) executable and not the old
(PB5) one?  There should be no reason a PB6 app will ask for the PB5 DLLs.

HTH,
Greg

Gregory R. George
Greg_George@AscensionLabs.com
Ascension Labs, LLC
Visit www.AscensionLabs.com for PB Tips,
Tricks, Tools, and Free Objects.

Tom Pitts wrote in message ...
>I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5.  I have
>compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both the
>developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04
>installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment
DLL's
>to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set
of
>PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's.  It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB
>5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process.
>
>My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd's & 6.5
>DLL's.  Anyone??

0
Gregory
5/20/1999 9:29:59 PM
I'm pretty sure, although when i tried to recompile I started getting error
messages on n_cst_infoattrib "forward prototype declarations".

Gregory R. George wrote in message <4c#8Uewo#GA.298@forums.sybase.com>...
>Tom,
>
>Are you sure you're running the correct (PB6.5) executable and not the old
>(PB5) one?  There should be no reason a PB6 app will ask for the PB5 DLLs.
>
>HTH,
>Greg
>
>--
>Gregory R. George
>Greg_George@AscensionLabs.com
>Ascension Labs, LLC
>Visit www.AscensionLabs.com for PB Tips,
>Tricks, Tools, and Free Objects.
>
>Tom Pitts wrote in message ...
>>I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5.  I have
>>compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both
the
>>developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04
>>installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment
>DLL's
>>to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set
>of
>>PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's.  It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB
>>5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process.
>>
>>My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd's & 6.5
>>DLL's.  Anyone??

0
Tom
5/21/1999 1:17:16 PM
Greg - I think you were right.  The machine configuration was running a
different version - thanks..

Gregory R. George wrote in message <4c#8Uewo#GA.298@forums.sybase.com>...
>Tom,
>
>Are you sure you're running the correct (PB6.5) executable and not the old
>(PB5) one?  There should be no reason a PB6 app will ask for the PB5 DLLs.
>
>HTH,
>Greg
>
>--
>Gregory R. George
>Greg_George@AscensionLabs.com
>Ascension Labs, LLC
>Visit www.AscensionLabs.com for PB Tips,
>Tricks, Tools, and Free Objects.
>
>Tom Pitts wrote in message ...
>>I recently migrated a PFC/PFE application from PB 5.04 to 6.5.  I have
>>compiled it down to p-code and am able to run the application from both
the
>>developement environment & from the EXE on the machine that has PB 5.04
>>installed on it. When I move the application and the PB 6.5 deployment
>DLL's
>>to a machine without PB 5.04 on it, it starts asking me for the whole set
>of
>>PB 5.04 deplymnt DLL's.  It's like there is some sort of dependance on PB
>>5.04 that I didn't break during the migration process.
>>
>>My OS is NT 4.0 SP4 and the application path includes the app/pbd's & 6.5
>>DLL's.  Anyone??

0
Tom

PB 5.0.4 Application can't migrate to PB 6.5
Hi, I try to migrate the application from PB5.0.4 to PB6.5. After migration, some errors occurs. Problem 1: A window ( say w_abc) which is inherited from another window (w_inherit). After migration, it has following errors Object: w_abc Instance Variables (0002) Error C0001: Illegal data type: istru_result istru_result - is a window structure in w_inherit window and it is used in w_abc instance variables In w_abc window, Instance variables: istru_result istru_result1 Problem 2: If a function which used string array ...

PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 Migration
This sounds like a goofy question but I am migrating some PFC dependant applications from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5 and was going to reset the library list to the new PB 6.5 PFC libraries, but I can't find them in 6.5. Where are they? Check to make sure you installed them. By default, unless you do a custom install, they aren't. (Don't ask me why, I think they should be deployed by default so everyone can start using them). If they were, then look under: C:\Program Files\Sybase\PB6\ADK\PFC On Thu, 6 May 1999 09:32:37 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder....

Migrating from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.5...
Hello, The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and don't know where to look. Here it is: Object: ue_cie_ie Instance Variables (0031): Error C0176: Badly ordered TYPE and VARIABLE declarations. Is this modified exported source? Any ideas?? Thanks in Advance, Fred. (fred.goldbach@fiserv.com) What's on line 31 of the instance variables? Terry [TeamPS] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Fri, 21 Aug 1998 19:06:08 -0400, Fred Goldbach <fred.goldbach@fiserv.com> wrote: > The migration went pretty well, but I have an error and...

Problems migrating from PB 5.0.03 to PB 6.5
I am having problems running the my application after migrating it to PB 6.5. The application was migrated successfully. Then, I added all the new PFC objects and PBLs as per the guidelines provided by Sybase. The full rebuild was also successful except for a few warnings about instance variables of local structure type being implicit in the next release. However, when I start up the application and try to open any screen having datawindows, it crashes with Dr. Watson's error. Did anybody have a similar experience? Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. T...

Migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5.1
Hi, Anybody have experience in migrating PB application from 5.0.04 to 6.5.1? Is it a easy stuff, or we need to modify a lot for the migration? For the installation of PB 6.5.1, do I need to install 6.0, then 6.5, and then 6.5.1, and then 6.5.1 EBF, or I can start in the mid-way? Is there any performance gain (or loss) for 6.5.1 vs 5.0? Thanks in advance ...Andrew 11Jan2000 The migration should be straightforward. Back up your PB 5.0.04 source, run the migration once and note the errors, warnings, etc... that are generated from the migration. Fix those in your backed ...

Building exe after migration from PB 5.0.04 to PB 6.5
I have copied all my librarries ans so on to a new folder. Then, after the migration have completed, I try to build an exe from my project. I get a list of info. and obsolete messages and accepts this. The build-proces continues but after writing all the objects I get an error: 'Error writing object information'. My question is: What is the meaning with this message?? jal@kmd.dk J�rn Aabel Luckow. ...

MS Word 97 embedded in PB 5.0 and PB 6.5 application
I am exploring the possibility of embedding the word interface in a Powerbuilder MDI application (versions 5.0 and 6.5) Users will use Word to edit and to view documents. Can this be done or can I only use Word by opening it external of a powerbuilder application? Yes, you can .in the window painter, controls box choose OLE ,then insert new tab, then word document. change its properties for the behaviour you like (linked,embedded) try it, and also read about ole embedding and linking (I think PB have it in the online books) to get more understanding. Amit Caryn Organic wrote:...

Migration From PB 5 to PB 6.5
Hello I am developing applicatons in PB from last three years, I am using PB 5.0.4 now I am planning to migrate on PB 6.5 or PB 7.00. Can anybody tell me what additional advantages I will get after switching from PB 5 to PB 6.5 or PB 7. I preffer I used PB 6.5 or PB 6.5.1 instead of PB 7 because I listen some users that PB 7 having some problems, Is it right? Thanks Haroon (Senior Programmer) Highnoon Laboratories Limited http://www.highnoon-labs.com You're in the wrong newsgroup. This one deals with Infomaker only. Use powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general. PB6...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

problem with migration pb 6.5 to pb 6.0
after problems in compilation with pb 6.5, I compile librairies in pb 6.0 and it is ok. But, in menu, letters with accent ("�" or "�" ) become "o". thanks to say me if it's normal... ...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 Migrated from PB 5.0 Application deployment - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...