PB 6.0.00/Jaguar 1045 GPF

I am creating a nvo (jagdstest) that has a method in called
setconnect().  setconnect sets up SQLCA and then connects to a Sybase
11.5 database using ODBC (although the same thing happens for native
drivers).  This is placed into Jaguar as a component.  When this is
called from the front end (PB, Java, or isql) --- Jaguar crashes and our
good friend Dr. Watson introduces himself.  The ODBC datasource can be
used succesfully for other middle tier components (eg ... java).  Other
methods that do not involve a transaction will execute fine.

Also - Power++ component using the same ODBC datasource works fine.

The Powerbuilder OLE Object is creates as a DLL (same symptoms for
PBD).  The TLB file is not used to define the component on Jaguar.  The
component definition is created manually.

This error is repeatable on several different machines.

// Log File Info
//--------------------
The jaguar log file does not reflect a problem.
No sqlerror.log file is generated
No Sybinit.log file generated
Jaguar provides no indication on the console

// Dr Watson Output
The application, , generated an application error The error occurred on
12/ 3/1997 @  7:36: 1.405 The exception generated was c0000005 at
address 1124911d (<nosymbols>)

// Software Versions
// --------------------------
NT 4.0 Service Pack 3
PB Version - 6.0.00 Built on Nov 12th
Jaguar Version 1.1 build 1045
Sybase Adaptive Server 11.5
ODBC Driver - Sybase System 11 - 3.0.1.0000  SYSYBNT.DLL 8/12/97
Open Client - 11.1.1
ODBC32.DLL   May 01,1997  230,672

// Code for the Powerbuilder NVO jagdstest.setconnect method
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Method setconnect - returns void (none)
// The ODBC connection is to a Sybase Adaptive Server running on NT
SQLCA.DBMS = "ODBC"
SQLCA.AutoCommit = False
SQLCA.DBParm = "ConnectString='DSN=Jaguar SVU
Sample;UID=jagdemo;PWD=jagdemo;'"
connect;
//

// PATH
//-----------
PATH=C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;c:\ase\dll;c:\ase\bin;C:\WINNT\system32;C:\WINNT;C:\Powersoft\JaguarCTS\bin;C:\Powersoft\JaguarCTS\dll;Cc:\ase\dll;c:\ase\bin;:\sybtools\ASEP;C:\Powersoft\shared;c:\sqlany50\win32;c:\sybtools\win32;c:\sybtools\ASEP;C:\Powersoft\shared;c:\sqlany50\win32;c:\sybtools\win32;

// Location of openclient
// ------------------------------
SYBASE=C:\ASE

//Contents Of serverstart.bat  - Jajuar
//--------------------------------------
cd %JAGUAR%\bin
set PATH=%JDK_LATEST%\bin;%PATH%
echo PATH

set
CLASSPATH=".;%JDK_LATEST%\lib\classes.zip;%JAGUAR%\html\classes;%CLASSPATH%"

echo CLASSPATH
REM pause
if "%1" == "" goto default

start "Jaguar CTS: %1" /min "%JAGUAR%\bin\jagsrv.exe" %1
goto end

:default
start "Jaguar CTS" /min "%JAGUAR%\bin\jagsrv.exe" Jaguar

:end

0
Mark
12/5/1997 7:00:30 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

I'm experiencing the exact same behavior with similar environment.  The only
difference is that I am using the TLB to import the methods etc. rather than
explicitly defining each method.

0
Tom
12/5/1997 7:10:48 PM
Tom,
Using the PB generated TLB is mentioned in the release notes as a known problem
You are required to generate definitions manually.

Mark

Tom Martin wrote:

> I'm experiencing the exact same behavior with similar environment.  The only
> difference is that I am using the TLB to import the methods etc. rather than
> explicitly defining each method.

0
Mark

PB 6.0 bug: 0:00:00 not recognized as time literal
I migrated an application from PB 5.0.02 to PB 6.0 without problems and error messages. Now I modified a script, adding: time mytime mytime = RelativeTime (0:00:00, 1200) and got a "sytnax error in the second line until I changed 0:00:00 to 00:00:00 It does not seem to be necessary within expressions and causes no problem in existing scripts either. Is it a new restriction in 6.0 that hours must have 2 digits? regards, * gerald * ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

GPF with PB 5.0.03 and 6.0
Hi, when i call a normal lookup window in my app, i get under PB 5.0.03 this GPF : PM50 verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ung�ltige Seite in Modul PBSHR050.DLL bei 0137:111670fd. after migration to PB 6.0 the error message is: PM60 verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ung�ltige Seite in Modul PBVM60.DLL bei 0137:111670fd. funny is, that i have this problem only at one client in a network. other clients work correct. can anybody help me ? thanks, brb ...

Bugfixes for PB 6.0? Back from 6.0 to 5.0?
Hi there, since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? Is there a way to migrate back from PB 6.0 to PB 5.0.0x? Regards, * gerald * You sound pretty upset - if you don't mind me asking what are these troubles you are having? Gerald Znidaric wrote in message <34C86F5A.778A0197@mgm-edv.de>... >Hi there, > >since there are so many troubles with PB 6.0, does anyone know if there >are any bugfixes for PB 6.0 out yet or even planned for the NEAR future? ...

PB 4.0.03 & PB 6.0.0 issues
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS READING PB PRODUCTS: 1. WE HAVE USED PB 4.0.03 ENTERPRISE FOR YEARS NOW, ARE THERE PATCHES FOR Y2K CONCERNS THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD? 2. WE HAVE ALSO PB 6.0.0 PROFESSIONAL, AND ENCOUNTERED SOME ODBC 4.0 GLITCHES RELATING TO MS-ACCESS 97 ("... Program type out of range ..."), ARE THERE PATCHES ALSO FOR THESE CONCERNS AND Y2K ISSUES. I read a response pointing where to find the different patches. I did not see though any patches specific to PB 4.0.03 and PB 6.0.0. I would great...

powerbuilder 6.0 and asa 6.0
I upgraded our database to asa 6.0. I created an odbc connection on a client using tcpip, click on the test connection and it works. I open powerbuilder 6.0 and get a communication error when trying to connect to the db profile. Is anyone else having this problem?? Did I forget something when installing this new asa package? There both running on windows 95 machines(I even tried the sample server database and it doen't seem to work for me either) Thanks, Amy Brand ABrand@swank.com My PB 6.5 to ASA 6 connections work OK. Have you duplicated the Sybase SQL Anywhere sec...

GPF in PB 5.0.3 and MS-Sql server 6.0
I migrating my PB 4.0.6 app to PB 5.0.3 (getting ready for the PB 5.0.4 relase i've waited for) migrateing or regenerating some of the functions or windows. Only some windows or functions will cause a GPF. the functions that GPF are those that execute stored procedures. The windows , I don't know want there problem is. the one that does uses only local datawindow not stored procedures. pb050 caused a gpf in pbmss050 at 0002:3224 DBMS = mss(msoft) sql server 6.0 dbparms = none TIA Tim Hi, There has been made some fixes concerning this gpf in 5.0.04. If...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

Web resources about - PB 6.0.00/Jaguar 1045 GPF - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Chery Jaguar Land Rover - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chery Jaguar Land Rover (officially Chery Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Company Ltd. ) is an automotive manufacturing company headquartered in ...

Jacksonville Jaguars (@jaguars) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Jacksonville Jaguars @ jaguars ...

Jacksonville Jaguars Football News, Photos, Rosters & more for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes ...
Get Jacksonville Jaguars Football News, Photos, Rosters & more on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Jaguar XJ220 cruisin on the freeway - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
It isn't every day you seen a Jaguar XJ220 on the streets. Thankfully the owner was nice and agreed to let us take some rolling shots.

NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars wear one of sport’s ugliest uniforms
SOMETIMES our job requires us to wear things we don’t like. Think a suit and tie at the office on a 38-degree day, or that unnecessarily formal ...

2016 Jaguar XJR meets 1988 XJR9-LM at Silverstone
Filed under: Videos , Jaguar , Sedan , Luxury , Performance , Racing Jaguar brings the 2016 XJR out to Silverstone to meet its spiritual progenitor ...

Five Players to Watch: Jacksonville Jaguars
Much like the Ravens, the Jaguars have had a less than stellar year if you look at their record, but 2-6 describes neither the Ravens, nor the ...

NFL admits officiating error in Ravens-Jaguars ending - Baltimore Sun
... Dumervil&amp;rsquo;s 15-yard face mask penalty nor kicker Jason Myers&amp;rsquo; 53-yard game-winning field goal in the Jacksonville Jaguars&amp;rsquo; ...

Conservative Play-Calling Limiting Jacksonville Jaguars' Special Playmakers
... between conservative, safe play-calling and a more aggressive approach is difficult for any offensive coordinator. For Jacksonville Jaguars ...

Uber Will Sell Cheaper, Day-Of Tickets to Jaguars Home Games
... an experiment in selling tickets alongside taxi rides, Uber Technologies Inc. will sell discounted game-day tickets to the Jacksonville Jaguars, ...