PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional:
I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am

only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299?

Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and
6.5?

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0:
Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0?

Is 8.0 support WIN XP?

Regards.
0
Eric_Cheng

Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is
the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the
default timeframe of this site).

PB6 was not tested in Win2k and as such there is no official list of the
problems.

Yes migration directly from 6.x to 8 is possible. There is a migration
assistant to help you to identify any possible problems and provides
suggested solutions.

No currently supported version of PB has support for WinXP.

<Eric_Cheng> wrote in message
> PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional:
> I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I
am

> only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299?
>
> Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and
> 6.5?
>
> PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0:
> Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0?
>
> Is 8.0 support WIN XP?
>
> Regards.

0
Chris
1/11/2002 6:09:18 PM
Build 1299 is an internal ebf. In order to get it you will need to call
Sybase Tech Support. The last build available for download on the sybase
download site is the 6.5.1 maintenance release

<Eric_Cheng> wrote in message
> PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional:
> I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I
am

> only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299?
>
> Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and
> 6.5?
>
> PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0:
> Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0?
>
> Is 8.0 support WIN XP?
>
> Regards.

0
Harpreet

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional
Re: PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Thanks! ...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional #2
I am currently using PB 6 and PB 6.5 with OS W2K Professional. However, I have an PB crash problem after I run a PB 6.5 application through the Powerbuilder directly. Is there a compatiblity issue for PB 6.5 Build 444 on Jun 10,1998 01:08 and PB 6.0 Nov 12,1997 23:28 in OS W2K Profession. 6.5 was never supported for W2K, although many people run it succesfully. I suggest you install 651 and optionally patch it with EBF 1299. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

Oracle Client 8.1.7
Hi all, I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle sql*net for different versions of Power Builder. We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder: 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047 All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person in charge of the PB part tested this combination and decided to upgrade the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working properly for us. Now, if it is decided to move to ora...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

PB 5.0 to PB 6.5, 7.x, 8.0??
I have a client who needs to move from an initial PB 5.0 release (no patches applied) to a newer version of PB. This is a small internal application but they would like to open it up via the internet in the future. They are currently running on a SQL Anywhere DB but would be looking to change that also. I don't have any hands on experience with PB 7.x but from what I heard and read it hasn't been that great. I've been using PB 6.5 since build 444 and was thinking of recommending that they make the move to 6.5 first and then wait for PB 8.0 later this year. Any thoug...

Upgrading from PB 6.5 professional to PB 10 professional
Hello , I already tested PB 10 eval., and it solves the current unicode "problem" in PB6.5. But is it allowed to upgrade from PB6.5 professional to PB10 professional? Or do I need version 7,8 or 9 or a full version of PB 10? Thanks! Per PB10 installer looks to see that you have version 8 or 9 installed. If you have a legal CD of 8 or 9, I believe you can insert the CD when it asks you and not have to install the full 8 or 9 version. Migrating the PBL's from 6.5 to 10 should not be a big problem. Search out the release notes for versin 7 through 9 to get...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Install PB 6.5 over PB 6.0
I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works good. is it a mistake? On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:41:47 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Jandri <jandri@mx2.redestb.es> wrote: >I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works >good. >is it a mistake? No, if you just downloaded the PB 6.5 (free) maintenance files that is what you're supposed to do. However if you have upgraded your PB6.0 to the full PB 6.5 version, which includes PowerSite 1.5, PowerDesigner Appmodeler, soon to be shipped Web Deployme...

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Web resources about - PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, occupations such as skilled construction ...

London Olympic Games near miss inspires Canberra boxer to fulfill professional dream
One lousy point was all that stopped Canberra boxer Dave Toussaint from fulfilling his Olympic Games dream.

Silicon Valley professionals take LSD to boost productivity
Coffee may be your mind-sharpening tool of choice, but some of Silicon Valley's brightest brains are relying on something substantially stronger ...

Professional lawn decorators light homes for the holidays, for a price
A company in Windsor, Ont., is helping some people have a front yard to rival Clark W. Griswold's without any of the work.

Bloomberg Professional updates for iPad Pro with Split View, Picture-in-Picture, Apple Pencil annotation ...
Bloomberg has updated its Bloomberg Professional app for iOS with new iOS 9 optimizations including Split Screen mode and Picture-in-Picture ...

Engaging with your professional network is now easier with LinkedIn for iOS
Back in October, LinkedIn previewed a major redesign of its flagship mobile app. Now, the professional networking company has officially released ...

What Not to Wear to a Professional Photo Shoot
When it comes to a professional photo shoot, there are certain recommendations that you should follow in terms of what you should wear, especially ...

Women in Professional Sports
by wj A few days ago, the Economist had a post on their Game Theory blog entitled Playing with Pink Balls. The thumbnail photo (and it really ...

With Trumpism mainstream where do professional right wing haters have to go?
With Trumpism mainstream where do professional right wing haters have to go? by digby I wrote about the latest wingnut dilemma for Salon today: ...

The 10 most popular free online courses for professionals
Your education shouldn't stop when you leave the classroom. Learning new skills is a great way to expand your mind and get ahead in your career ...