PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional #2

I am currently using PB 6 and PB 6.5 with OS W2K Professional. However, I
have an PB crash problem after I run a PB 6.5 application through the
Powerbuilder directly. Is there a compatiblity issue for PB 6.5 Build 444
on Jun 10,1998 01:08 and PB 6.0 Nov 12,1997 23:28 in OS W2K Profession.
0
Eric_Cheng

6.5 was never supported for W2K, although many people run it succesfully.  I
suggest you install 651 and optionally patch it with EBF 1299.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

<Eric_Cheng> wrote in message
> I am currently using PB 6 and PB 6.5 with OS W2K Professional. However, I
> have an PB crash problem after I run a PB 6.5 application through the
> Powerbuilder directly. Is there a compatiblity issue for PB 6.5 Build 444
> on Jun 10,1998 01:08 and PB 6.0 Nov 12,1997 23:28 in OS W2K Profession.

0
Terry
1/9/2002 6:01:58 PM
I am able to get 651 but where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299.
0
Eric_Cheng
1/9/2002 7:18:51 PM
ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/65129932.zip

--

<Eric_Cheng> wrote in message
> I am able to get 651 but where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299.

0
Terry
1/11/2002 3:31:52 PM
Thank you for your help as I notice the EBF is an Sybase interal build.
0
Eric_Cheng

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional
Re: PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Thanks! ...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0 in OS W2K Professional
PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional: I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? PB 6 and PB 6.5 Upgrade to PB 8.0: Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Set your timeframe to 'ALL' on http://downloads.sybase.com. While that is the most current build, it was released at least over 6 months ago (the default timeframe of this site)...

Can the PB 6.5 or 6.5.1 maintenance release be ran on PB 6.0
Yes. ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where is this file ? thanks http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/appdev/get_doc.stm?loc=1001286 On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:03:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Netvigator <kevinlcw@ctimail.com> wrote: >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? What file I can download and Where >is this file ? > >thanks > > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@teamsybase.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com ...

Informix + PB 6.5: which I-Net for PB 6.5?
Hi, I want to migrate our PB4/ PB 5.01 16 bit Informix applications to 32bit. Which version of CLI/I-Connect and which PB 6.5 build do you recomend me? We are using 7.13 and 7.30 OnLine. TIA Pepa PS. I need ISO 8859.2 <-> ISO latin 2 (1250) conversion. We use the latest INFORMIX-Connect v 7.2 drivers for our PB 6.5 apps. These drivers are available for free download (actually INFORMIX-Client SDK, of which INFORMIX-Connect is the runtime component) from the Informix website ...

What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ?
What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade pack ? thanks Go to http://support.sybase.com select Software Distribution, log on, select Powerbuilder and then pick PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch. Harpreet Netvigator wrote in message ... >What to upgrade my PB 6.5 to PB 6.5.1 ? Where I can donwload the upgrade >pack ? > >thanks > > Go to Sybase Developers Network (http://www.sybase.com/sdn) and look for the patches link. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 5 Aug 1999 23:02:22 +0800, &quo...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 6.5.0 vs PB 6.5.1 with datastores
Hi all, I began developing a large application using PB 6.5.0 several months ago. For various reasons, we had to migrate the code to 6.5.1. After performing some recursion testing, we noticed that many operations involving datastores ( create, insert rows, update, destroy ) began generating random GPF/Page Faults. The code itself hasn't changed and was verified in PB 6.5.0 via extensive testing. This is a hard one to pinpoint since the crashing is somewhat random. I've read some posts that indicate that certain dot notation can be problematic. All objects were fully rebuilt...

Upgrading from PB 6.5 professional to PB 10 professional
Hello , I already tested PB 10 eval., and it solves the current unicode "problem" in PB6.5. But is it allowed to upgrade from PB6.5 professional to PB10 professional? Or do I need version 7,8 or 9 or a full version of PB 10? Thanks! Per PB10 installer looks to see that you have version 8 or 9 installed. If you have a legal CD of 8 or 9, I believe you can insert the CD when it asks you and not have to install the full 8 or 9 version. Migrating the PBL's from 6.5 to 10 should not be a big problem. Search out the release notes for versin 7 through 9 to get...

Experiences with PB 6.5.1 vs. PB 6.5.0
Any people run into any problems with 6.5.1 (+ EBF 1163) that were not there in vanilla 6.5.0. We have to migrate very late in the game (1 week before going live!) due to problems with 6.5.0 Oracle drivers and I would appreciate any advice on anything that got broken in that release. TIA, -- -------------------------------------------------------------------- Jacek Furmankiewicz STS Systems - http://www.stssystems.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- 6.51 introduces a peculiar side effect during update() of datawindow - scrolls the d...

Install PB 6.5 over PB 6.0
I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works good. is it a mistake? On Wed, 16 Sep 1998 08:41:47 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.pfc Jandri <jandri@mx2.redestb.es> wrote: >I installed PB 6.5 mainteneance files over PB 6.0 and i think it works >good. >is it a mistake? No, if you just downloaded the PB 6.5 (free) maintenance files that is what you're supposed to do. However if you have upgraded your PB6.0 to the full PB 6.5 version, which includes PowerSite 1.5, PowerDesigner Appmodeler, soon to be shipped Web Deployme...

W2K, ASE 11.9.2, PB 6.5 and PB 7.0 Database Painter
My application runs fine in compilted and debug using Powerbuilder 6.5 and 7.0, but I get all kinds of errors when trying to use the Database Painter in both versions. We just did a mass migration from Win NT 4.0 to Windows 2000 with the latest versions of Sybase drivers, Powerbuilder and Windows 200 patches. When selecting a table from the table catalog list I get.. ct_param(): user api layer: external error: An illegal value of 256 was placed in the status field of the of CS_DATAFMT structure. When running any type of SELECT statement from the Database Adminstrator I ge...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

Web resources about - PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional #2 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In narrow usage, not all expertise is considered a profession. Although sometimes referred to as professions, occupations such as skilled construction ...

London Olympic Games near miss inspires Canberra boxer to fulfill professional dream
One lousy point was all that stopped Canberra boxer Dave Toussaint from fulfilling his Olympic Games dream.

Silicon Valley professionals take LSD to boost productivity
Coffee may be your mind-sharpening tool of choice, but some of Silicon Valley's brightest brains are relying on something substantially stronger ...

Professional lawn decorators light homes for the holidays, for a price
A company in Windsor, Ont., is helping some people have a front yard to rival Clark W. Griswold's without any of the work.

A Bold and Textured Bachelor Pad — Professional Project
Pin it Project by: Denise Wilson Location: New York, New York Now this is how you do texture! From the walls, to the rugs, to the pillows there ...

Engaging with your professional network is now easier with LinkedIn for iOS
Back in October, LinkedIn previewed a major redesign of its flagship mobile app. Now, the professional networking company has officially released ...

What Not to Wear to a Professional Photo Shoot
When it comes to a professional photo shoot, there are certain recommendations that you should follow in terms of what you should wear, especially ...

Women in Professional Sports
by wj A few days ago, the Economist had a post on their Game Theory blog entitled Playing with Pink Balls. The thumbnail photo (and it really ...

American Airlines Loses Professional Dancer’s $250K Prosthetic Leg, Finds It In Another Country
If you thought the airline losing your suitcase of souvenirs was rough, imagine if they lost a bag with your prosthetic leg. That’s apparently ...

Adobe bows to HTML5 and renames its Flash Professional app
Given that Flash is widely considered an internet blight, it's hard to imagine a time when it was actually cool. But in the day, the app was ...