PB 10.5 crashes when i use ole control

Hi

in pb 8 i was using one activeX control which made in vb and it's working
fine.
where as when i migrate it to pb 10.5 it's giving me error when i call some
functions of that activeX.

that activeX control is like mspaint made customize for our special use. i
also found wierd thing. i have one function "Savepage" in that control, and
sometimes it's giving me error and sometime not.

any idea?

0
Devang

do anyone know how to run both PB 10 & PB 10.5 with PB Native Source Code Control.
PB 10.5 wipes off the source code control entry in registry. thanks vsv Make sure you have the following registry key set properly: HKLM\Software\SourceCodeControlProvider\Installed SCCProviders The PB Native string value should be set to: Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.5\Native SCC Then go to this key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Sybase\PowerBuilder\10.5\Native SCC The SccServername key should be: PB Native SCC The SccServerPath key should be: C:\Program Files\Sybase\Shared\PowerBuilder\PBNAT105.DLL << or the actual location of this DLL >> 9, 10.2 and 10.5 can all ...

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

How to Use Shockwave OLE insert control? (PB 6.5)
After choosing SHOCKWAVE as the OLE insert control... I can't figure out how to tell it what shockwave file to use WITHIN shockwave. please help! Email mail me with the response... Thanks, Sam Aaron saah@mail.com ...

PB 6.5 crashes when trying to insert an OLE control
Hi everybody, I have an app in PowerBuilder 6.5 (DBMS MS SQL Server 2000, OS: Windows XP Professional Version 2002 SP 2). We've created an OCX using VisualBasic. We had previously inserted it into a Custom Visual User Object without any problems. In fact, the app is working with the client normally. Time passed by... and now, we can't do it. When we Click Controls \ OLE a Insert Object window displays. We can switch between the "Create New" and "Create From File" tabs. However, when we click in the "Insert Control" tab, PB crashes. The err...

Insert OLE control cause PB 9 / 10 to crash
Since I installed an ocx on my system (CodeJock Software OCX available at www.codejock.com) Powerbuilder could not allow me to go in the insert control (OLE) tab anymore. I cause an immediate crash even before displaying the list of available controls. I had tp unregister manually these nice controls to be able to enter the insert control tab again. What could cause that crash ? Is there any other solution to use a visual control without going through the "Insert OLE control tab" ? Much regards, Guillaume Either the registration is failing or the OCX contr...

PB 10.5 OLE Excel crashes after about 105068 Excel cells assigned
WHAT does a DW_control.SaveAs(ls_PathwithFileName, Excel8!, TRUE) do better than what I do? (well, DW_control crashes after 65536 rows, instead of adding sheets ) I have PB 10.5.1 and MS Office XP 2002 (V.10) with SP3 and Office 2007 compatibility patch installed also "excel.application.8" does work on my machine, but not V.9 after retrieve my DWO has about 116000 rows (and 69 columns), that=b4s why I must split it manually into multiple XL worksheets Powerscript: wf_createExcelFile( readonly? super_dw adw_dw1) long ll_xlrow, ll_r, ll_remainingrows OLEObject ...

PB 10.5 crashes at OPEN DYNAMIC cursor USING DESCRIPTOR SQLDA
Hi, Application is crashing at "OPEN DYNAMIC cursor USING DESCRIPTOR SQLDA". I ran db trace and the error it is showing is "DIAG [S1010] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Function sequence error (0)". Appreciate any help to resolve this. Thanks, RRM ...

PowerBuilder 10.5 OLE Database Blob control and Word 2007 .docx files
I have an OLE column in a Datawindow and was able to open .doc files when the OLE server app in the OLE Class is defined as Word.Document.12, but I am not able to open a .docx file. The application starts but with a blank document. My environment: PowerBuilder 10.5.1 build 6684 SQLAnywhere 11 db MS Office Word 2007 Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix this problem are very much appreciated. Thanks, Petra ...

Synchronizing PB 10.5 PBLs with PVCS/Serena source control using ORCA
Hi, I have posted earlier with a question regarding the sync up of the PBLs on the network with what is in the source control. I got a few suggestions about using ORCA. I have a couple of questions about the ORCA script I'm pasting below. I could really use your help. I really appreciate you all taking time earlier to answer my questions. 1. What do I replace the 'Start Session' command with? I guess I have to provide the connection details about the session. Can I get some examples about that? 2. Can I save the code below as a batch file in the same folder where my wo...

PB 10.5 --> PB 10.2 --> PB6.5
I have converted our application from 6.5 to 10.5 Then we noticed that the crosstabs worked not the same as in PB 6.5.. They do in PB 10.2.1 so we converted in back from PB 10.5 to 10.2 and finished the changes we wanted. Now after a test we noticed that grid datawindow (dynamically created) do not work in PB 10.2 as they do in PB 6.5. They work fine in PB 10.5. Below is a part of the datawindow: 'retrieve=~'PBSELECT( VERSION(400) TABLE(NAME="dier" ) ' + & + 'COLUMN(NAME="dier.dat_afvoer") ' + & + 'COLUMN(NAME=&quo...

PB 10.5.1 Build 6551 and MS SQL OLE DB using IDENTITY COLUMN
PB 10.5.1 Build 6551 and MS SQL 2000 OLE DB using IDENTITY COLUMN: After you save the record in PB Development and get the Identity Column value it returns a valid number. Both dot notation and getitemnumber work in Deve and fail in EXE If you run the EXE it returns NULL. Used to work fine in PB 9 and in PB 10.5 Development environment. Any thoughts are welcome as it is a critical production issue. Are you deploying the PBODB105.INI file in the same directory at PBOLE105.DLL On 5 Feb 2007 11:53:01 -0700, <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote: >PB 10.5.1 Build...

Help using OLE from a PB executable (PB 6.5)
I copied this from a suggestion found in this NG on how to convert datawindow to Excel - by saving to HTML (to get computed fields etc), then converting to Excel format using OLE. When I run from within PB, it works fine - the file "docname" is in Excel format. But when I build the application and run from an EXE, the Excel logic doesn't seem to do anything - the resulting file still looks in HTML format. I am wondering if I need to add something to the Resource file to get this OLE to work from executable? The code is as follows (where "ds" is a DataS...

PB 10.5 Crash with Coolmenu.dll 2.5
Hi all We currently have an issue with using Coolmenu.dll (v2.5) with our Powerbuilder 10.5 (build 6602). It all works in most of our application except for one window. This window is inherited in the same way as the others as is the menu object. Here is our error: Faulting application pb105.exe, version 10.5.0.4523, faulting module pbshr105.dll, version 10.5.1.6602, fault address 0x000ab7d0. I also get the same error on another app which only has one menu is much simpler. Any thoughts or idea will be very helpful. Thanks Graeme Well, the first thing I can see is that ...

Can i use pbd compiled from PB v9 in PB 10.5?
Can i use pbd compiled from PB v9 in PB 10.5? if no, how can i do? No. However, if the PBD is just the wrapper for a PBX, then you could either: a) Run PBX2PBD105 on the PBX to create a 10.5 PBD. b) "Import" the PBX into an existing PBL to put the wrapper objects there. That's a new feature of 10.5 There may be issues though if strings are passed as 9.0 was ANSI and 10.5 is unicode. "tw" <thawornr@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:479daac8@forums-1-dub... > Can i use pbd compiled from PB v9 in PB 10.5? if no, how can i do? > > ...

Web resources about - PB 10.5 crashes when i use ole control - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Lightning Crashes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
" Lightning Crashes " is a song by the rock band Live , from their 1994 album, Throwing Copper . The track wasn't released as a single in the ...

When New York Times website crashes, newspaper turns to Facebook Notes
When The New York Times’ website suffered some downtime Wednesday because of technical issues, the newspaper turned to Facebook Notes to post ...

Adorable Baby Crashes Daddy's Concert - YouTube
17 month old baby, Ethan ran out onstage when his dad, country singer Coffey, was performing at NYE event, started dancing, and stole the show. ...

Syria army plane crashes while bombing rebel-held town
A Syrian military aircraft crashed while on a bombing run over the rebel-held north-western town of Ariha on Monday, leaving at least 12 people ...

Nice Save of the Day: Guy Catches Drone Before It Crashes Into Pond
This man is a hero to drones across the globe. He took his new DJI Phantom 2 out for a spin and was having a great time… until the batteries ...

Man crashes car doing burnouts allegedly twice over limit at Port Pirie - AdelaideNow Search Search
A MAN was arrested after allegedly doing burnouts while almost two times over the limit and crashing into a fence at Port Pirie.

Two women dead, children survive, car crashes
Two women have died in separate car crashes in Perth.

Girl, 11, critical after car crashes off Kings Highway
An 11-year-old girl remains in a critical condition in Canberra Hospital.

Car crashes into BP service station in Belfield, causing major gas leak - DailyTelegraph Search Search ...
THE family petrol station owners almost killed by an out-of-control car say a “saint was watching over” them.