PB 10.2 and Windows 7...

We have many applications written in PB 10.2.  These
applications access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle
native drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
noticing unusual behavior.

The application launches but database retrievals do not
return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
min.bcan.canno)

My guess is this is a compatibility issue between Windows 7
and an older, no longer supported, version of PB. I am also
thinking this may be a driver conflict between native Oracle
drivers and Windows 7.

Looking for additional info as well as help or suggestions
for resolution.
0
Reeves
1/13/2011 7:37:35 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database drivers - do not try and
use the 64-bit drivers.

Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

<Reeves Young> wrote in message news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We have many applications written in PB 10.2.  These
> applications access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle
> native drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior.
>
> The application launches but database retrievals do not
> return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> min.bcan.canno)
>
> My guess is this is a compatibility issue between Windows 7
> and an older, no longer supported, version of PB. I am also
> thinking this may be a driver conflict between native Oracle
> drivers and Windows 7.
>
> Looking for additional info as well as help or suggestions
> for resolution.

0
Paul
1/13/2011 8:03:17 PM
I've been using PB 10.5 on W7-64 for quitte some time and haven't seen
anything like you describe.  What do you exactly mean when you say >>
The datawindow typically displays database column names instead of experted
data.  (ie: min.bcan.canno)<< ?  That doesn't make any sense to me.

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Paul Horan[Sybase]"  wrote in message news:4d2f5a85$1@forums-1-dub...

You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database drivers - do not try and
use the 64-bit drivers.

Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

<Reeves Young> wrote in message news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We have many applications written in PB 10.2.  These
> applications access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle
> native drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior.
>
> The application launches but database retrievals do not
> return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> min.bcan.canno)
>
> My guess is this is a compatibility issue between Windows 7
> and an older, no longer supported, version of PB. I am also
> thinking this may be a driver conflict between native Oracle
> drivers and Windows 7.
>
> Looking for additional info as well as help or suggestions
> for resolution.

0
Terry
1/13/2011 8:16:56 PM
When you say 32-bit vs. 64-bit drivers I assume you mean the
PB drivers that came with 10.2 ???  Yes, these are the
drivers being used.

> You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database
> drivers - do not try and  use the 64-bit drivers.
>
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
>
> <Reeves Young> wrote in message
> > news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com... We have many
> > applications written in PB 10.2.  These applications
> > access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle native
> > drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior. >
> > The application launches but database retrievals do not
> > return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> > database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> > min.bcan.canno)
> >
> > My guess is this is a compatibility issue between
> > Windows 7 and an older, no longer supported, version of
> > PB. I am also thinking this may be a driver conflict
> > between native Oracle drivers and Windows 7.
> >
> > Looking for additional info as well as help or
> > suggestions for resolution.

0
Reeves
1/13/2011 9:06:02 PM
The expected data is data from the database.  What we are
seeing instead, where the data should be in the DW, is the
table's "owner.table.column" instead.  No database data, the
actual database column name.

This is why I suspect an Oracle access problem, or possibly
related to a W-7 conflict situation.

> I've been using PB 10.5 on W7-64 for quitte some time and
> haven't seen  anything like you describe.  What do you
> exactly mean when you say >> The datawindow typically
> displays database column names instead of experted  data.
> (ie: min.bcan.canno)<< ?  That doesn't make any sense to
> me.
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Paul Horan[Sybase]"  wrote in message
>
> You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database
> drivers - do not try and use the 64-bit drivers.
>
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
>
> <Reeves Young> wrote in message
> > news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com... We have many
> > applications written in PB 10.2.  These applications
> > access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle native
> > drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior. >
> > The application launches but database retrievals do not
> > return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> > database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> > min.bcan.canno)
> >
> > My guess is this is a compatibility issue between
> > Windows 7 and an older, no longer supported, version of
> > PB. I am also thinking this may be a driver conflict
> > between native Oracle drivers and Windows 7.
> >
> > Looking for additional info as well as help or
> > suggestions for resolution.

0
Reeves
1/13/2011 9:11:16 PM
Which driver (O90, O10, ODBC,...), which Oracle client?

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Reeves Young" wrote in message news:4d2f6a74.66a8.1681692777@sybase.com...

The expected data is data from the database.  What we are
seeing instead, where the data should be in the DW, is the
table's "owner.table.column" instead.  No database data, the
actual database column name.

This is why I suspect an Oracle access problem, or possibly
related to a W-7 conflict situation.

> I've been using PB 10.5 on W7-64 for quitte some time and
> haven't seen  anything like you describe.  What do you
> exactly mean when you say >> The datawindow typically
> displays database column names instead of experted  data.
> (ie: min.bcan.canno)<< ?  That doesn't make any sense to
> me.
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Paul Horan[Sybase]"  wrote in message
>
> You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database
> drivers - do not try and use the 64-bit drivers.
>
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
>
> <Reeves Young> wrote in message
> > news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com... We have many
> > applications written in PB 10.2.  These applications
> > access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle native
> > drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior. >
> > The application launches but database retrievals do not
> > return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> > database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> > min.bcan.canno)
> >
> > My guess is this is a compatibility issue between
> > Windows 7 and an older, no longer supported, version of
> > PB. I am also thinking this may be a driver conflict
> > between native Oracle drivers and Windows 7.
> >
> > Looking for additional info as well as help or
> > suggestions for resolution.

0
Terry
1/13/2011 11:18:41 PM
No, Paul means the database client.  But if you didn't have 32-bit Oracle
client installed you would not even be able to connect to the database.

"Reeves Young" wrote in message news:4d2f693a.6686.1681692777@sybase.com...

When you say 32-bit vs. 64-bit drivers I assume you mean the
PB drivers that came with 10.2 ???  Yes, these are the
drivers being used.

> You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database
> drivers - do not try and  use the 64-bit drivers.
>
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
>
> <Reeves Young> wrote in message
> > news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com... We have many
> > applications written in PB 10.2.  These applications
> > access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle native
> > drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior. >
> > The application launches but database retrievals do not
> > return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> > database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> > min.bcan.canno)
> >
> > My guess is this is a compatibility issue between
> > Windows 7 and an older, no longer supported, version of
> > PB. I am also thinking this may be a driver conflict
> > between native Oracle drivers and Windows 7.
> >
> > Looking for additional info as well as help or
> > suggestions for resolution.

0
Terry
1/13/2011 11:20:49 PM
The Oracle driver is O10 (Pbo10100.dll).
The Oracle client is 10.2.0.

btw - No application changes.  The problem surfaces with new
PC's with W-7 and the same installation process and with
W-XP.  Application works under W-XP database retrieves a
correct.

Application launches, no error connecting to Oracle, with
W-7 database retrieves show "owner.table.column" in DW.
With W-XP database retrieves are successful and show
database data.

> Which driver (O90, O10, ODBC,...), which Oracle client?
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Reeves Young" wrote in message
>
> The expected data is data from the database.  What we are
> seeing instead, where the data should be in the DW, is the
> table's "owner.table.column" instead.  No database data,
> the actual database column name.
>
> This is why I suspect an Oracle access problem, or
> possibly related to a W-7 conflict situation.
>
> > I've been using PB 10.5 on W7-64 for quitte some time
> > and haven't seen  anything like you describe.  What do
> > you exactly mean when you say >> The datawindow
> > typically displays database column names instead of
> > experted  data. (ie: min.bcan.canno)<< ?  That doesn't
> > make any sense to me.
> >
> > -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> > http://casexpress.sybase.com
> > http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
> >
> > "Paul Horan[Sybase]"  wrote in message
> >
> > You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database
> > drivers - do not try and use the 64-bit drivers.
> >
> > Paul Horan[Sybase]
> > http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
> >
> > <Reeves Young> wrote in message
> > > news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com... We have
> > > many applications written in PB 10.2.  These
> > > applications access Oracle 10g databases using PB
> > > Oracle native drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7
> > 64-bit we are noticing unusual behavior. >
> > > The application launches but database retrievals do
> > > not return correct data.  The datawindow typically
> > > displays database column names instead of experted
> > > data.  (ie: min.bcan.canno)
> > >
> > > My guess is this is a compatibility issue between
> > > Windows 7 and an older, no longer supported, version
> > > of PB. I am also thinking this may be a driver
> > > conflict between native Oracle drivers and Windows 7.
> > >
> > > Looking for additional info as well as help or
> > > suggestions for resolution.

0
Reeves
1/14/2011 12:07:28 AM
Hi Paul;

   He would not be able to even pass the CONNECT; if he had the wrong OCI
set installed.

Reeves :  Are you using the full 10g client or "Instant Client" version of
OCI?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Paul Horan[Sybase]"  wrote in message news:4d2f5a85$1@forums-1-dub...

You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database drivers - do not try and
use the 64-bit drivers.

Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

<Reeves Young> wrote in message news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We have many applications written in PB 10.2.  These
> applications access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle
> native drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior.
>
> The application launches but database retrievals do not
> return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> min.bcan.canno)
>
> My guess is this is a compatibility issue between Windows 7
> and an older, no longer supported, version of PB. I am also
> thinking this may be a driver conflict between native Oracle
> drivers and Windows 7.
>
> Looking for additional info as well as help or suggestions
> for resolution.

0
Chris
1/14/2011 12:51:30 AM
Chris : I would have to say the full 10g client as I do not
know what "IC" is.  We have been using the Oracle 10g client
successfully for 2-3 years now on W-XP.  The primary
difference now is the same unchanged apps are not retrieving
Oracle data correctly on W-7 PCs.

> Hi Paul;
>
>    He would not be able to even pass the CONNECT; if he
> had the wrong OCI  set installed.
>
> Reeves :  Are you using the full 10g client or "Instant
> Client" version of  OCI?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Paul Horan[Sybase]"  wrote in message
>
> You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database
> drivers - do not try and use the 64-bit drivers.
>
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
>
> <Reeves Young> wrote in message
> > news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com... We have many
> > applications written in PB 10.2.  These applications
> > access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle native
> > drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior. >
> > The application launches but database retrievals do not
> > return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> > database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> > min.bcan.canno)
> >
> > My guess is this is a compatibility issue between
> > Windows 7 and an older, no longer supported, version of
> > PB. I am also thinking this may be a driver conflict
> > between native Oracle drivers and Windows 7.
> >
> > Looking for additional info as well as help or
> > suggestions for resolution.

0
Reeves
1/14/2011 1:41:42 AM
Where is your client application installed?  There was a bug in one of the
Oracle Clients that didn't like a directory with parenthesis (ie. Program
Files (x86) ).  Installing the Application on C:\ fixed that issue.
Although with me this bug would not even allow me to connect to the database
I am just throwing it out there as a possibility.

One other thought - Are you doing anything with registry entries (ie.
picking up connection strings, etc)?  These entries are in the WOW location
on a 64-bit machine.  If you are directly referencing these entries then you
are not in the right location.

Chris Craft

<Reeves Young> wrote in message news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We have many applications written in PB 10.2.  These
> applications access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle
> native drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior.
>
> The application launches but database retrievals do not
> return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> min.bcan.canno)
>
> My guess is this is a compatibility issue between Windows 7
> and an older, no longer supported, version of PB. I am also
> thinking this may be a driver conflict between native Oracle
> drivers and Windows 7.
>
> Looking for additional info as well as help or suggestions
> for resolution.

0
Chris
1/14/2011 3:42:40 PM
That Oracle parentheses bug was was Oracle XE.
I did have some problems with the Oracle 10g-32 client on W7-64 that went
away when using the 11g client.

-- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Chris Craft"  wrote in message news:4d306ef0$1@forums-1-dub...

Where is your client application installed?  There was a bug in one of the
Oracle Clients that didn't like a directory with parenthesis (ie. Program
Files (x86) ).  Installing the Application on C:\ fixed that issue.
Although with me this bug would not even allow me to connect to the database
I am just throwing it out there as a possibility.

One other thought - Are you doing anything with registry entries (ie.
picking up connection strings, etc)?  These entries are in the WOW location
on a 64-bit machine.  If you are directly referencing these entries then you
are not in the right location.

Chris Craft

<Reeves Young> wrote in message news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We have many applications written in PB 10.2.  These
> applications access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle
> native drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior.
>
> The application launches but database retrievals do not
> return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> min.bcan.canno)
>
> My guess is this is a compatibility issue between Windows 7
> and an older, no longer supported, version of PB. I am also
> thinking this may be a driver conflict between native Oracle
> drivers and Windows 7.
>
> Looking for additional info as well as help or suggestions
> for resolution.

0
Terry

---=_forums-1-dub4d30b9ab

Our PB and Oracle environment is this:

* The application, exe and dlls, and any other Appl. support
files are deployed to a server.
* PB runtime dlls are located on the same server.
* Oracle 10g client is installed on the same server.
* The users Registry is updated with references to the
application and references to the Oracle Client. (reference
attachment for specifics.  Attachment renamed from .Reg to
.txt)
* A shortcut Icon to the Appl. EXE on the server is placed
on the users "desktop" or in a folder.
* User clicks on the shortcut, Appl. launches, user
accomplishes work is and everybody is happy.  Until we
deployed the above to a W-7 PC.

You mentioned the WOW on W-7 64-bit.  Perhaps this is where
our problematic situation needs attention.  I have no
experience with W-7 and never heard of WOW.  More info on
WOW please, and I will review what WOW is.

Where is the Registry on W-7 32-bit???  The same as XP or
similar to a WOW on W-7 64-bit.

> That Oracle parentheses bug was was Oracle XE.
> I did have some problems with the Oracle 10g-32 client on
> W7-64 that went  away when using the 11g client.
>
> -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> "Chris Craft"  wrote in message
>
> Where is your client application installed?  There was a
> bug in one of the Oracle Clients that didn't like a
> directory with parenthesis (ie. Program Files (x86) ).
> Installing the Application on C:\ fixed that issue.
> Although with me this bug would not even allow me to
> connect to the database I am just throwing it out there as
> a possibility.
>
> One other thought - Are you doing anything with registry
> entries (ie. picking up connection strings, etc)?  These
> entries are in the WOW location on a 64-bit machine.  If
> you are directly referencing these entries then you are
> not in the right location.
>
> Chris Craft
>
> <Reeves Young> wrote in message
> > news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com... We have many
> > applications written in PB 10.2.  These applications
> > access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle native
> > drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior. >
> > The application launches but database retrievals do not
> > return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> > database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> > min.bcan.canno)
> >
> > My guess is this is a compatibility issue between
> > Windows 7 and an older, no longer supported, version of
> > PB. I am also thinking this may be a driver conflict
> > between native Oracle drivers and Windows 7.
> >
> > Looking for additional info as well as help or
> > suggestions for resolution.

---=_forums-1-dub4d30b9ab
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---=_forums-1-dub4d30b9ab--
0
Reeves
1/14/2011 9:01:31 PM
FWIW: I am just in the opposite situation in that I have been using the IC
version of OCI for the past 2-3 years with Oracle 10g and 11g using PB 11.2,
11.5 and now 12.1 on XP and W7 (1.5 years).

"Reeves Young" wrote in message news:4d2fa9d5.6d9f.1681692777@sybase.com...

Chris : I would have to say the full 10g client as I do not
know what "IC" is.  We have been using the Oracle 10g client
successfully for 2-3 years now on W-XP.  The primary
difference now is the same unchanged apps are not retrieving
Oracle data correctly on W-7 PCs.

> Hi Paul;
>
>    He would not be able to even pass the CONNECT; if he
> had the wrong OCI  set installed.
>
> Reeves :  Are you using the full 10g client or "Instant
> Client" version of  OCI?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
> "Paul Horan[Sybase]"  wrote in message
>
> You must make sure you're using the 32-bit database
> drivers - do not try and use the 64-bit drivers.
>
> Paul Horan[Sybase]
> http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com
>
> <Reeves Young> wrote in message
> > news:4d2f547f.6400.1681692777@sybase.com... We have many
> > applications written in PB 10.2.  These applications
> > access Oracle 10g databases using PB Oracle native
> > drivers.  As users migrate to Windows 7 64-bit we are
> noticing unusual behavior. >
> > The application launches but database retrievals do not
> > return correct data.  The datawindow typically displays
> > database column names instead of experted data.  (ie:
> > min.bcan.canno)
> >
> > My guess is this is a compatibility issue between
> > Windows 7 and an older, no longer supported, version of
> > PB. I am also thinking this may be a driver conflict
> > between native Oracle drivers and Windows 7.
> >
> > Looking for additional info as well as help or
> > suggestions for resolution.

0
Chris

Web resources about - PB 10.2 and Windows 7... - sybase.powerbuilder.general

The Windows Blog

Firefox for Windows finally has an official, stable 64-bit build
... with the release of Firefox 43, almost a decade after the idea was first mooted, there is finally an official 64-bit build of Firefox for Windows. ...

Microsoft pulls its latest buggy Windows 10 Mobile build
A week ago Microsoft pushed out a new Windows 10 Mobile build to Lumia 950 and 950 XL users. Build 10586.29 was the first cumulative update and ...

Microsoft’s new Windows 10 upgrade options: ‘Upgrade now’ or ‘Upgrade tonight’
Ever since Microsoft launched Windows 10 over the summer, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 users have been pressured to upgrade to the latest version ...

Halliburton, Baker Hughes expand window
Shares in Baker Hughes and Halliburton were halted as the companies announced they had extended the time period for closing a deal.

Netflix relaunches Windows 10 app for PCs, tablets
The new version will work and look the same on Windows 10 PCs and tablets and soon on mobile phones too.

How to handle Windows 10 updates
Confused about how updates work in Windows 10 ? Join the club. In this latest version of its operating system, Microsoft has transformed what ...

Firefox is finally 64-bit on your Windows PC
Believe it or not, Firefox on Windows has been a 32-bit affair until now while Google and Microsoft made the leap to 64-bit web browsing a while ...