Passing Blob parameter to Oracle's stored procedure

What is PB data type equivalent to Oracle's LONG RAW?

Using PB5, I am invoking a Oracle's stored procedure one of whose
parameter
is of type LONG RAW.
I tried passing it as PB's string and blob type, and neither works;
it generates ORA-06502.
I cannot use UPDATEBLOB, and must use the stored procedure  because of
security requirement on the database.

Thank you.

0
Yunki

Hi

You have to declare a RPC function for that stored procedure. The RPC
declaration is part of the transaction object as an external function
declaration. So, create a transaction userobect, declare the RPC and use
the new transaction object for your application ( in the application
painter, variables ).

HTH
--
- Met vriendelijke groet,

  Eric Aling [TeamPS], Cypres Informatisering bv, The Netherlands
  http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj

Yunki Paik <paik1@llnl.gov> wrote in article
<34C846B3.A02118A9@llnl.gov>...
> What is PB data type equivalent to Oracle's LONG RAW?
>
> Using PB5, I am invoking a Oracle's stored procedure one of whose
> parameter
> is of type LONG RAW.
> I tried passing it as PB's string and blob type, and neither works;
> it generates ORA-06502.
> I cannot use UPDATEBLOB, and must use the stored procedure  because of
> security requirement on the database.
>
> Thank you.

0
Eric

PowerBuilder and Oracle 10g: Invalid stored procedure parameter type 'BOOLEAN'
Hi, I am getting the following error message while executing a procedure 'update_status' in the package pkg_test. Invalid 'Stored procedure parameter type of boolean on DDD' Here is the signnature of the procedure. pkg_test.update_status(AAA varchar2, BBB number, CCC number, DDD varchar2, EEE boolean default false)=91 and the way of calling this procedure is pkg_test.update_status ('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE) The communication between the powerbuilder 10.5 and oracle10g is through the ORACLE 10g drivers. After the execution the SQLCA.SQ...

Can I use a ControlParameter for a stored procedure's parameters? (SqlDataSource,Oracle)
I have an aspx page which is a survey.  The user fills in various values, and then those values are to be saved as the survey results on the Oracle DB.  The examples below are not the survey itself, but they're similar to what I would be trying to do.  The goal is to avoid explicitly writing all that code for creating a connection, a command, and then adding the parameters one by one.  (Several of these surveys have many, many input survey values; one even has over 100 input parameters, and I was hoping that "declarative" code would ...

Storing jpg's as BLOB's
Using PB 7.0.3 with an Oracle 7.3 database, storing .jpg's as BLOBs, defined as long raw in the database. When storing the images in the database, I get a page fault error, and the program crashes. Through some testing, I discoverd that if I use Adobe Photo Shop, and save the images as 'Web Enabled', they work fine. Numerous other graphics packages all cause the page fault error. This does not appear to relate to the size of the image, as I have succesfully loaded Adobe PS images over 100k with no problem, but 30k images from other packages cause the problem. If I use...

Oracle stored procedure with BLOB parameter
I have two simple Oracle7 stored procedures that will store LONG RAW data into and retrieve from an Oracle table. They are declared as transaction object's local external function - something like put_raw( long id, BLOB b, REF int returncode) and get_raw(long id, REF BLOB b, REF int returncode) The problem I am having is that put_raw() works just fine. Get_raw() seems to work, and to verify , I write the BLOB variable into a file. It is supposed to be a JPG file, but the written file is not a JPG. Secondly, before invoking get_raw(), I must do: b = BLOB(space(32000)) ...

ASP.NET and SQL Server Stored Procedure: Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function 'GetProductsOnCatalogPromotion' expects parameter '@ProductsPerPage', which was no
Hi, I am receiving an exception that i've been working on after I add a user control.  I don't have any syntax errors anywhere in my project. I checked and everything works before I add this user control to the website. I also checked the stored procedure and the GenericDataAccess class files and there are not syntax errors. I have also received no compilation errors. But, I do receive this runtime error below. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I also added the stored procedure 'GetProductsOnCatalogPromotion' and the class file 'GenericDataAcces...

help! why i can not use ' out parameter' in 'oracle procedure'
i compile and execute the procedure in sqlplus(oracle tools) but i can not use it in powerbuilder. foe example: the procedure is : CREATE or replace PROCEDURE spm1 (dept varchar2 ,mgr_name out varchar2) IS lutype varchar2(10); BEGIN mgr_name:=dept||'out end'; END; the powerbuilder scipt is : DECLARE gg PROCEDURE FOR SPM1 (:dept1); execute gg; messagebox("",string(sqlca.sqlcode)+sqlca.sqlerrtext) i get error,and the error is : pls:00306. and oracle document explain the error is : PLS-00306: wrong number or t...

Execute Stored Procedure passing parameters sending string "Exec sp 1234, 'A'" retrieve return code
We call our stored procedures like this "Exec spValidBidderReturn 1234, 'A' " Code: Dim sq As String = "'" Dim c As String = "," 'delimiter character Dim Data As New cls.DataAccess Code: Data.SQLStatement = String.Concat("Exec spValidBidderReturn ", _ txtBidderNumber.Text, c, sq, strStatus, sq) Then execute this code to call the function in the class Code: intCounter = Data.ExecuteNonQueryReturnCode() The function in the class - Data.ExecuteNonQueryReturnCode() - fails. code snippet: Code: cmd.Parameters.Add("@RecCount", SqlDbType.Int) cmd.Parameters("@RecCount")....

Using stored procedure with parameters gives 'parameter not supplied'
Hi all,I'm using an SqlDataSource to execute a stored procedure in a sybase database, which takes two arguements: create procedure pGetCodes @i_code varchar(32), @i_code_scheme char(8)asbegin select ECM2.code, ECM2.code_scheme, ECM2.source_id, ECM2.stock_exchange_id from refdb_rep..EXTERNAL_CODE_MARKET ECM1 join refdb_rep..EXTERNAL_CODE_MARKET ECM2 on ECM1.instrument_id = ECM2.instrument_id where ECM1.code = @i_code and ECM1.code_scheme = @i_code_scheme order by ECM2.code_schemeendThese arguements are supplied by a textbox and a dropdown as ControlParameters: &...

Procedure or Function 'stored procedure name' expects parameter which was not supplied
Has anyone encountered this before? Procedure or Function 'stored procedure name' expects parameter '@parameter', which was not supplied. It seems that my code is not passing the parameter to the stored procedure. When I click this hyperlink: <asp:HyperLink ID="HyperLink1" Runat="server" NavigateUrl='<%# "../Division.aspx?CountryID=" + Eval("CountryID")%>' Text='<%# Eval("Name") %>' ToolTip='<%# Eval("Description") %>' CssClass='<%# Eval("CountryID").ToString() == Request.QueryString["CountryID"] ? "CountrySelected" : "CountryUnselected" %>'> </...

Here's a Stored Procedure to keep your tables, views, sp's in check
Would work great as a job, running every hour (depending on how often you create, change your site) anyways here it is. Have fun Copy/Paste this into Query Analyzer and run. --sp_changeObjects2DBO CREATE PROCEDURE sp_changeObjects2DBO AS /* Author: Josh Crosby Created: 9/12/2003 Purpose: To change all stored procs and objects to dbo to ensure that things are working right Modifications: 9/16/2003 - Took Pat's advice and used Temp table and Loop, kept the sysobjects though :) */ ----------------------------------------------------------------------------...

How to pass parameters to Oracle stored Procedure from SQL server.
I need to pass the parameters from SQL server 2000 to the Oracle Stored Procedure. Consider the code  CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE usp_InsertGroup(   inGroupID            CHAR,   inGroupName          VARCHAR2,   inGroupDescription   CLOB)ASBEGININSERT INTO Groups    (GroupID, GroupName, GroupDescription, LastUpdateDate)   VALUES(inGroupID, inGroupName, inGroupDescription, SYSDATE);END; Here the name of the Stored Procedu...

how to use oracle's store procedure in datawinow?

How to passing BLOB datatype to oracle stored function or procedure.
How can I call stored procedure with in/out/in out blob parameters what are bigger then 32 kB in PB 10.5. I Try RPCFUNC, but this doesn't work. I try statement declare ... procedure for ... /execute ... - it doesn't work. What is wronk I use standart O84 db interface. Our customers have Oracle 8i/10g RDBMS with Oracle 8i client. Thanks for any usable help. Bretislav Cernik B.Cernik@inf.cz I'm not sure you can. The online help for PB11 indicates blob arguments are only supported up to 32k with Oracle SPs. If you are going beyond that you may need to us...

Can't pass 0 in stored procedure parameter
Hi I have an if clause in my code to add the final parameter value to send to the database. If Page.User.IsInRole("MICMS") Then     cmdCheckUser.Parameters.Add("@C_ID", 0) Else     cmdCheckUser.Parameters.Add("@C_ID", Session("C_ID")) End If If  the user is in the role, the error is triggered saying that @C_ID is expected by the stored procedure. If i then change the value from 0 to 10, the stored procedure works fine.Is there any reason that the stored procedure is failing when the value 0 is used and not when any other v...

Web resources about - Passing Blob parameter to Oracle's stored procedure - sybase.powerbuilder.general