Pass arrays to Oracle

I am passing PowerBuilder string-arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures, and
receiving the array in procedure via PL/SQL tables. I am pre-populating the
array in PB using SPACE function.
What I want to know is are there any LIMITATIONS using the PB-array & Oracle
PL/SQL tables?

any help appreciated.

0
seeker

We use this method extensively on PB 6.5.1, O7 and 8i, no problems yet. The
largest array I am sure of is 765 [one per day for current month and a year
each way].

seeker wrote in message ...
>I am passing PowerBuilder string-arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures, and
>receiving the array in procedure via PL/SQL tables. I am pre-populating the
>array in PB using SPACE function.
>What I want to know is are there any LIMITATIONS using the PB-array &
Oracle
>PL/SQL tables?
>
>any help appreciated.

0
Jerry
5/22/2002 5:35:46 PM
Thanks for the reply.

we're having some sort of problem, for sure. Let me isolate the conditions
and post with more details again.

"Jerry Siegel" <jerrys@data-sci.com.NOSPAM> wrote in message
> We use this method extensively on PB 6.5.1, O7 and 8i, no problems yet.
The
> largest array I am sure of is 765 [one per day for current month and a
year
> each way].
>
> seeker wrote in message ...
> >I am passing PowerBuilder string-arrays to Oracle Stored Procedures, and
> >receiving the array in procedure via PL/SQL tables. I am pre-populating
the
> >array in PB using SPACE function.
> >What I want to know is are there any LIMITATIONS using the PB-array &
> Oracle
> >PL/SQL tables?
> >
> >any help appreciated.

0
seeker

Passing array to Oracle Procedure
Hi, PB7.0.2 8046 and Oracle 8i 8.1.(5&6&7) I have a table of 10,000 records. The enduser selects about 3000 records (e.g. by filtering). Now I want to pass the selection to an Oracle Procedure. Is this possible ? What's the correct syntax for the Oracle Procedure ? Is it also possible to pass structures/nvo's ... ? Can someone give me an example ? Many Thanks in advance, Wim Teuwens This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------25E3D63F6D4D57E011A3717E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Wim, ...

Passing Cursor From PowerBuilder To Oracle
Hi All I ve a small querry. We are having simple 2-tier architecture with PowerBuilder at Frontend & Oracle 8i as Backend. How would I be able to pass a cursor from PowerBuilder to Oracle 8i, which we are having as backend. The Cursor that I'm using is for passing a set of records from PowerBuilder to Oracle 8i. Plz Help. I'm Lost. Thanks in advance. Amol. Please don't cross-post -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer <Amol_Thosar> wrote in message news:A3091F9587CD29B7000FEE9385256B8A....

Passing Cursor From PowerBuilder To Oracle
Hi All I ve a small querry. We are having simple 2-tier architecture with PowerBuilder at Frontend & Oracle 8i as Backend. How would I be able to pass a cursor from PowerBuilder to Oracle 8i, which we are having as backend. The Cursor that I'm using is for passing a set of records from PowerBuilder to Oracle 8i. Plz Help. I'm Lost. Thanks in advance. Amol. From PB to Oracle, or from Oracle to PB? If you want to pass a cursor from Oracle to PB, you would create a stored procedure that returns a REF CURSOR as an output argument. On Wed, 27 Mar 2002 21:54...

Passing Parameter Between Oracle and Powerbuilder
I have some difficulties in passing the OUT parameter of an Oracle Procedure to Powerbuilder. The datatype is the OUT parameter is a PL/SQL Table, I don't know what datatype should I use to get the data in powerbuilder Thanks a lot If I understand your question, you can't pass or receive oracle tables because PB doesn't support it. HTH, Ivan Anonymous@sybase.com wrote in message <12FC7A880591108400579CC4852569AC.00579CCA852569AC@webforums>... >I have some difficulties in passing the OUT parameter of an Oracle >Procedure to Powerbuilder. > &...

How to pass string array to oracle function?
I need to call oracle function that takes a string array (table of varchar2) as one of the parameters. This is oracle 8, i am trying to find a way with oledb or oracleclient but cannot find any type in .net to support it. Is it possible? Has anybody tried it? Thanks. This is handled on the Oracle side The key here is declaring a create or replace type myTableType as table of varchar2 (255); / create or replace function in_list( p_string in varchar2 ) return myTableType as l_string long default p_string || ','; ...

Passing string array to oracle function?
I need to call oracle function that takes a string array (table of varchar2) as one of the parameters. This is oracle 8, i am trying to find a way with oledb or oracleclient but cannot find any type in .net to support it. Is it possible? Has anybody tried it? Thanks. I am also looking to do almost the same thing. oo4o and ASP classic have a method called parameters.AddTable which is not there in OracleClient ans ASP.NET. I have to pass a paramater as an Array to a Stored Procedure that I am calling from my ASP.NET page. In VB 6.0 with oo4o it is possible like following: pconn...

Passing array parameter to Oracle Procedure
I am trying to pass a paramater as ARRAY to Oracle Stored Procedure from ASP.NET page using OracleClient. oo4o and ASP classic have a method called parameters.AddTable which is not there in OracleClient ans ASP.NET. In VB 6.0 with oo4o it is possible like following: pconnection.Parameters.Add "ov_tseqno", 0, 2 pconnection.Parameters.AddTable "pv_arr", ORAPARM_INPUT, ORATYPE_VARCHAR2, 20, 100 Set arry1 = pconnection.Parameters("pv_arr") arry1(0) = "Angel Pabon " arry1(1) = "Nawed Khan " arry1(2) = "FUL ...

Passing Array to Oracle Stored Procedure
I have requirement where in I need to pass a array from Powerbuilder to Oracle Stored procedure and also I want to know how to access the returned array from the Oracle stored procedure. Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks -Sanjay ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Make it a ref in the RPCFUNC declaration. It will be an INOUT argument with a TABLE OF type in the procedure or function. You will need to pre-fill the array [to maximum length if it is type string] *before* the call. On return the values wil...

Passing an Array to Oracle using DBI
--=_alternative 004D9640862571F5_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello All Is it possible to pass an array as a parameter into an Oracle Stored procedure. I am using Oracle 1.18a. I have looked all over the place and have not found anything that states that this is possible. If so - does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance Robert Gorrebeeck Concentra Online Services 972.725.6956 Robert_Gorrebeeck@concentra.com ****** CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ****** NOTICE: This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it ...

Passing arrays from PowerBuilder to a stored proc
Is it possible to pass an array as argument to a stored procedure when using Sybase 12.0? Sybase.com tells how to do it when using Oracle, but I can't find anything about Sybase. Pass an 'array' as a string and build your SQL dynamically, then run it with .... I think.... exec (@sql) . IE: @array = '''13'',''14'',''15''' @sql = 'select * from table where emp_id in (' + @array + ')' exec ( @sql ) Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've been in MSS too long! MSS uses "sp_exec...

how to pass arrays or structures from PB to Oracle
hello, How i can pass parameters like array of structure from PB to oracle? i tried with: str_prueba a[] /* and str_prueba a structure of: string cod_compania string cod_cadena string cod_division string cod_region string cod_zona_org string cod_local */ a[1].cod_compania = '01' a[1].cod_cadena = '04' a[1].cod_division = '01' a[1].cod_region = '01' a[1].cod_zona_org = '01' a[1].cod_local = '70' a[2].cod_compania = '01' a[2].cod_cadena = '04' a[2].cod_division =...

pass array to oracle stored proc
hi all, i'm new to powerbuilder so please chalk up any stupid questions to inexperience. thanks to the help of Bruce Armstrong i am able to call a stored procedure from within my app. however, the oracle (9.2.4) stored procedure i intend to call accepts a user defined type that is the equivalent of a string array: --Oracle String Array Creation CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE StrAr AS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(255); when i try and call from my app the stored procedure that accepts arguments of this type using a pb string array (STRING myArray[]), i get a "PLS-00306 wrong number or types...

pass array to store procedure in dbi oracle
------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C838.DC51E8C5 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi is it posible to send an array to a store procedure in dbi ( oracle ) ? thanks =20 =20 Ran Aker R&D Programmer tel: 972.9.892.1052 =20 DealTime=AE<?xml:namespace prefix =3D o /> Compare products, prices, and=20 stores at www.dealtime.com <http://www.dealtime.com/>=20 =20 ------_=_NextPart_001_01C2C838.DC51E8C5-- ...

Passing Structure from PowerBuilder to Oracle SP/SF
Hi, i'm using PowerBuilder 7, i'm trying to pass a structure from powerbuilder to Oracle StoreProcedure or Function as parameter by creating the same structure as object type in Oracle. But it won't works. In my external functions I have my proc declaration: SUBROUTINE sp_name (s_test parm1) RPCFUNC alias for "dbo.sp_name" with s_test as for example : global type s_test from structure string no_rek string nama_rek end type Is it impossible to do that? is there a way of doing it? Thanks -Faishal- You might want to refer to a section of the o...

Web resources about - Pass arrays to Oracle - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Array - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Search with Relcy for an array of relevant, reliable results
... on the bandwagon? or Enjoy Apple TV 4 screensavers on Mac OS X with Aerial . Relcy - The Fastest Way to Find Search with Relcy for an array ...

GM to build solar array at transmission plant
Filed under: Green , Plants/Manufacturing , GM , Technology , Solar GM is partnering to build its largest solar array in Michigan near the Warren ...

New books for animal lovers deliver array of adventures, information
Who's on the bookshelves this month? Dogs, wolves, birds and cats. And butterflies. Beautiful butterflies. Here are some of the new animal-related ...

Rarely Seen ‘Ashes And Embers’ Getting Restoration & Distribution From Ava DuVernay‘s Array Releasing ...
Ava DuVernay 's Array Releasing has acquired director Haile Gerima ’s rarely-seen classic Ashes And Embers and will give it full restoration, ...

Violin All-Flash Arrays Aimed at High-end, Starter Markets
Take your pick: 140TB of raw flash in three-rack units, with 1.1 million IOPS, or a not-quite-as-fast starter array for under $100,000.

Sheldon Silver, Longtime Titan of New York Politics, Guilty On Array of Corruption Charges
Sheldon Silver, who has been speaker of the New York State Assembly for 20 years, was found guilty today in federal court of seven corruption ...

Alien megastructures? SETI Institute’s Allen Telescope Array targets weirdly winking star
One of the premier telescope arrays in the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, or SETI, is focusing its antennas on an anomalously blinking ...

El Cheapo Phased-Array Sonar
... — the range to the closest object that the speaker is pointing at. It doesn’t have to be that way. [Graham Chow] built a simple phased-array ...

‘Geminid’ Meteor Shower: Scintillating Array Of ‘Shooting Stars’ To Illuminate December Night Sky
Stargazers across the world will witness a wondrous array of spectacular shooting stars illuminating the night sky this weekend. The mesmerizing ...