Oracle stored procedure with BLOB parameter

I have two simple Oracle7 stored procedures that will store LONG RAW
data
into and retrieve from an Oracle table.
They are declared as transaction object's local external function -
something like
  put_raw( long id, BLOB b, REF int returncode)  and
  get_raw(long id, REF BLOB b, REF int returncode)

The problem I am having is that put_raw() works just fine.
Get_raw()  seems to work, and  to verify , I write the BLOB variable
into a file.
It is supposed to be a JPG file, but the written file is not a JPG.
Secondly, before invoking get_raw(), I must do:
b = BLOB(space(32000))
or PB5 will complain that b is null.

Can someone shed light on this? Thanks.

0
Yunki

Passing Blob parameter to Oracle's stored procedure
What is PB data type equivalent to Oracle's LONG RAW? Using PB5, I am invoking a Oracle's stored procedure one of whose parameter is of type LONG RAW. I tried passing it as PB's string and blob type, and neither works; it generates ORA-06502. I cannot use UPDATEBLOB, and must use the stored procedure because of security requirement on the database. Thank you. Hi You have to declare a RPC function for that stored procedure. The RPC declaration is part of the transaction object as an external function declaration. So, create a transaction userobect, declare the ...

PowerBuilder and Oracle 10g: Invalid stored procedure parameter type 'BOOLEAN'
Hi, I am getting the following error message while executing a procedure 'update_status' in the package pkg_test. Invalid 'Stored procedure parameter type of boolean on DDD' Here is the signnature of the procedure. pkg_test.update_status(AAA varchar2, BBB number, CCC number, DDD varchar2, EEE boolean default false)=91 and the way of calling this procedure is pkg_test.update_status ('TEST',12,2345,'PLEASEWORK',TRUE) The communication between the powerbuilder 10.5 and oracle10g is through the ORACLE 10g drivers. After the execution the SQLCA.SQ...

Parameters of an Oracle stored procedure
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 with Oracle Net8. Is it possible to make parameters of an Oracle stored procedure into bind variables? Thanks. ...

ORACLE Stored Procedures in PowerBuilder
I am trying to pass a dynamic procedure name and dynamic number of arguments to a DECLARE and EXECUTE (procedurename) statement within Powerbuilder 6.5. The name and number of arguments are stored on a table and they are syntactically extracted into variables. Any suggestions? ...

Blobs in Oracle Stored Procedures.
Firstly let me apologize if this is not the correct forum with which to direct this query. I have a situation where I would like to call a stored procedure where one of the arguments is a blob. It is quite clearly documented, in DBD::Oracle package that "Also passing LOBS to PL/SQL blocks doesn't work". Has anyone else resolved this problem? Would appreciate any advice? =A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0= `=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8=BA=B0`=B0=BA=A4=F8,=B8=B8,= =F8=A4 Stuart Coupland (B.Inf) Informati...

Blob from Parameter in Stored Procedure
Hi I am trying to get an image from a blob returned in a parameter in a stored proc using an TIBStoredProc CreateBlobStream does not work as it requires a field type in the parameter and won't accept a Param What is the work around to this please. Thanks Alan Alan Scott wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to get an image from a blob returned in a parameter in a stored proc using an TIBStoredProc > > CreateBlobStream does not work as it requires a field type in the parameter and won't accept a Param > > What is the work around to this please. >...

Blob as parameter in stored procedure
Can I use a blob as a parameter in a stored procedure in Interbase 7.5.1.80 (see cut-down procedure below)? The description field is a blob sub_type 1 segment size 80. I have searched the forums and have read that it shouldn't work and it will work, but haven't seen any recent posts on this topic. Can this safely be used without damaging the database? If not, could I just define the description parameter as varchar(500)? Thanks, Stan Walker CREATE PROCEDURE PPT_ADDNEWREC ( P_ITEMID INTEGER, P_PARTNUMBER VARCHAR (20) CHARACTER SET NONE, P_PITTYPE CHAR (1) CHARA...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

How to convert Sql Server Stored Procedures into Oracle Stored Procedures
Hi All, I am migrating from sql server2000 to oracle. I have moved all table into oracle manually. Now I need to move stored procedure. I don't know how to convert sql server stored procedure into oracle stored procedure form. Is there any tool which will convert directly. Please some one help me. Thank you.    Hi there,Please use the tool bellow, which does the job you want. http://www.swissql.com/products/sqlserver-to-oracle/sql-server-to-oracle.html thanks sharp guy...

Executing oracle stored procedures from powerbuilder
Hi all We have a thin-client application written in powerbuilder with all the processing (add,update,delete etc) in Sybase stored procedures. We are currently porting this app to Oracle 8.1.6. We use the following syntax to execute stored procs for sybase Declare instance variables: DECLARE ptKitAdd PROCEDURE FOR @RC = p_KitAdd_p @OrgId = :OrgId, @ProductId = :ProductId, @KitID = :is_kitid, @Note = :is_notename, @Letter = :is_letter, @paper = :is_paper, @inTS = :id_TS ; In script for add button: ...

Oracle Output Parameters from Stored Procedure
Powerbuilder 8.0 Executable compiled in Windows 2000 is causing GPF while executing on Windows NT workstation. This problem is occurring frequently while accessing the application from windows NT workstation and same one is working perfectly in windows 2000 workstation. After investigating the GPF we found out that this problem is occuring while executing the stored procedure with more than 20 parameters from powerbuilder executable on windows NT workstation. The same part of the code is executing successfully on windows 2000 workstation. we are suspecting that the problem is occuring...

Number parameters in Oracle Stored Procedures
This is an FYI. I am running Mobilink Server 10.0.0.2465 as a service under Windows XP SP2. I am using an Oracle 10G consolidated database with the Oracle ODBC drivers provided by Mobilink. When calling an Oracle Stored Procedure from a Mobilink event, if an arg is set to type NUMBER(15,5) and you pass in a decimal number, 10.56 for example, the ODBC driver appears to be rounding the number to 11. Now, if I change the arg to using the tablename.columname%TYPE syntax in the Oracle stored procedure, then the number is not being rounded. I know this was not an issue in Mobil...

Binding parameters of an Oracle stored procedure
I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 and Oracle Net8. When a DBParm parameter DisableBind is set to 0(default), PowerBuilder binds input parameters to a compiled SQL statement. I wonder if this applies to parameters of an Oracle stored procedure. Thanks. Since you don't put a : on the arguments to an RPCFUNC, I don't think so. <Nobuo Saito> wrote in message news:429eb1fe.38ca.1681692777@sybase.com... > I'm using PowerBuilder 9.0 and Oracle Net8. > When a DBParm parameter DisableBind is set to 0(default), > PowerBuilder binds input parameters to a compiled SQL...

Executing oracle stored procedure in powerbuilder
Hi all We have a thin-client application written in powerbuilder with all the processing (add,update,delete etc) in Sybase stored procedures. We are currently porting this app to Oracle 8.1.6. We use the following syntax to execute stored procs for sybase Declare instance variables: DECLARE ptKitAdd PROCEDURE FOR @RC = p_KitAdd_p @OrgId = :OrgId, @ProductId = :ProductId, @KitID = :is_kitid, @Note = :is_notename, @Letter = :is_letter, @paper = :is_paper, @inTS = :id_TS ; In script for add button: ...

Web resources about - Oracle stored procedure with BLOB parameter - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Parliamentary procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... of the House of Commons of the Parliament of the United Kingdom , from which it derives its name. In the United States, parliamentary procedure ...

Procedure is more a snap than a snip

NFL security procedures in question after rappelling protesters
Two protesters with sophisticated gear disrupted the Panthers-Colts game in Charlotte Monday night, bringing into question security at the stadium ...

'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure
'Daily Show' Host Trevor Noah Hospitalized for Emergency Procedure

Why Are Web Login Security Procedures So #$*&!% Dumb And Obnoxious?
The geeks who design our websites talk a lot about user friendliness, but they often let an exaggerated security concerns get in the way of commonsense. ...

US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor ...
US AIRPORT SECURITY CONCERNS DHS to heighten procedures in light of Russian jet bombing theory, poor test performances by TSA screeners