Oracle, problem updating a table in run-time only.

PB7(10071), Oracle 8 native driver, WinNT4

On one table in my database I can use the datawindow painter to make
modifications, but at run-time, the update fails with a generic update
error...

sqldbcode=0
"No changes made to database."

Using the TRACE option for the connection, the dw.update results in the
following Trace rows written:

(4e309e8): CANCEL: (0 MilliSeconds)
(4e309e8): COMMIT: (0 MilliSeconds)
(4e309e8): GET AFFECTED ROWS: (0 MilliSeconds)
(4e309e8): ^ 7 Rows Affected
(4e309e8): BEGIN TRANSACTION: (0 MilliSeconds)

Any thoughts on debugging this?  All other tables update correctly.

Help appreciated.

0
bob_chauvin
5/7/2001 12:34:39 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

One more note re the TRACE.  When other datawindows issue the dw.update,
there is a "(4e309e8): PREPARE WITH BIND VARIABLES:..." type entry in the
Trace log file, with this table, there is no such log entry.  Why would the
BIND not happen?

-bac

bob_chauvin@yahoo.com wrote:

> PB7(10071), Oracle 8 native driver, WinNT4
>
> On one table in my database I can use the datawindow painter to make
> modifications, but at run-time, the update fails with a generic update
> error...
>
> sqldbcode=0
> "No changes made to database."
>
> Using the TRACE option for the connection, the dw.update results in the
> following Trace rows written:
>
> (4e309e8): CANCEL: (0 MilliSeconds)
> (4e309e8): COMMIT: (0 MilliSeconds)
> (4e309e8): GET AFFECTED ROWS: (0 MilliSeconds)
> (4e309e8): ^ 7 Rows Affected
> (4e309e8): BEGIN TRANSACTION: (0 MilliSeconds)
>
> Any thoughts on debugging this?  All other tables update correctly.
>
> Help appreciated.

0
bob_chauvin
5/7/2001 12:39:45 PM
More Notes...

I had changed the column width for the table, modified the datawindow to
use the new col width.

bob_chauvin@yahoo.com wrote:

> PB7(10071), Oracle 8 native driver, WinNT4
>
> On one table in my database I can use the datawindow painter to make
> modifications, but at run-time, the update fails with a generic update
> error...
>
> sqldbcode=0
> "No changes made to database."
>
> Using the TRACE option for the connection, the dw.update results in the
> following Trace rows written:
>
> (4e309e8): CANCEL: (0 MilliSeconds)
> (4e309e8): COMMIT: (0 MilliSeconds)
> (4e309e8): GET AFFECTED ROWS: (0 MilliSeconds)
> (4e309e8): ^ 7 Rows Affected
> (4e309e8): BEGIN TRANSACTION: (0 MilliSeconds)
>
> Any thoughts on debugging this?  All other tables update correctly.
>
> Help appreciated.

0
bob_chauvin
5/7/2001 1:41:44 PM
Did you check the Update Properties for the DW?  It sounds like those were
changed after you modified the column width.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

<bob_chauvin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3AF6A617.5AAD1F2B@yahoo.com...
> More Notes...
>
> I had changed the column width for the table, modified the datawindow to
> use the new col width.
>
> bob_chauvin@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > PB7(10071), Oracle 8 native driver, WinNT4
> >
> > On one table in my database I can use the datawindow painter to make
> > modifications, but at run-time, the update fails with a generic update
> > error...
> >
> > sqldbcode=0
> > "No changes made to database."
> >
> > Using the TRACE option for the connection, the dw.update results in the
> > following Trace rows written:
> >
> > (4e309e8): CANCEL: (0 MilliSeconds)
> > (4e309e8): COMMIT: (0 MilliSeconds)
> > (4e309e8): GET AFFECTED ROWS: (0 MilliSeconds)
> > (4e309e8): ^ 7 Rows Affected
> > (4e309e8): BEGIN TRANSACTION: (0 MilliSeconds)
> >
> > Any thoughts on debugging this?  All other tables update correctly.
> >
> > Help appreciated.

0
Terry
5/8/2001 5:34:03 PM
Terry, Thanks for the response.  Anyway, I went through and reverted back to an
older version of the datawindow, changed the col width and now it works...  I
didn't change the update properties this time, and it DOES work now!  Go
figure,  If I can re-create the problem I'll log it with case-xpress.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Robert A. Chauvin
Technology Consulting Services

Terry Dykstra wrote:

> Did you check the Update Properties for the DW?  It sounds like those were
> changed after you modified the column width.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase
> Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp
>
> <bob_chauvin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3AF6A617.5AAD1F2B@yahoo.com...
> > More Notes...
> >
> > I had changed the column width for the table, modified the datawindow to
> > use the new col width.
> >
> > bob_chauvin@yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > > PB7(10071), Oracle 8 native driver, WinNT4
> > >
> > > On one table in my database I can use the datawindow painter to make
> > > modifications, but at run-time, the update fails with a generic update
> > > error...
> > >
> > > sqldbcode=0
> > > "No changes made to database."
> > >
> > > Using the TRACE option for the connection, the dw.update results in the
> > > following Trace rows written:
> > >
> > > (4e309e8): CANCEL: (0 MilliSeconds)
> > > (4e309e8): COMMIT: (0 MilliSeconds)
> > > (4e309e8): GET AFFECTED ROWS: (0 MilliSeconds)
> > > (4e309e8): ^ 7 Rows Affected
> > > (4e309e8): BEGIN TRANSACTION: (0 MilliSeconds)
> > >
> > > Any thoughts on debugging this?  All other tables update correctly.
> > >
> > > Help appreciated.

0
BAC

Schema problem with ZCM 10.3 update - please see TID 7005581
-- Shaun Pond Seems to imply that if you are setting up a new system you are okay? -- kjhurni ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kjhurni's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=734 View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=406485 The known issues for why it was pulled have to deal with Upgrades. The 10.3.0 ISO is not being pulled at this time nor is that expected to happen. Fresh installs should be fine. On 4/1/2010 4:26 PM, kjhurni wrote: > > Seems to imply that if yo...

PowerBuilder 9 / Oracle datawindow update problem
When using PowerBuilder 9 and an Oracle 9 database, the following error is returned when updating data in a datawindow whose primary key has the value " ": Row changed between retrieve and update. No changes made to database. update mlsct set display_curr =1 where site_id = "" The datawindow update is successful when using Microsoft SQL Server or Sybase. It is also successful when using PowerBuilder 7 and Oracle 9. Finally, if I use Oracle SQL Plus Worksheet and modify the value of the primary key to equal something other than " ", e.g. "1&qu...

Problems updating a table in Oracle using Gridview
Hi! I wonder if anyone has a solution to this problem. After creating a gridview and connecting to an oracle database (9.2) I successfully get the rows displayed. However after trying the Update and changing the value of a column I get the error below. The user I am connecting with has DBA rights in the database. [OracleException (0x80131938): ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure]   System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection.CheckError(OciErrorHandle errorHandle, Int32 rc) +167   System.Data.OracleClient.OracleCommand.Execute(OciStatementHandle statementHandle, CommandB...

ASA oracle proxy table update problem
ASA 0.01.1841 Oracle 9.02 I have set up a proxy table in ASA for a sales_order table that exists in an oracle database. I can select from the table and everything is fine, but when I try to update it I get a n [Oracle][ODBC]ORA-01747: invalid user.table.coumn, table.column, or column specification message. After tracing the SQL I see that the update statement has the database name and table name in double quotes. This of course upsets oracle (I know, what doesn't). I can't seem to find any way of shutting this quoting off. Is anyone else updating an oracle DB via proxy ...

ASA 9 Oracle proxy table update problem.
I am having a problem with updating proxy tables, inserts work, deletes work, updates fail. The DB is ASA 9.0.1.1841 The remote database is oracle 9.2.0.1.0 with the 9.02.00.06 ODBC driver Here is the DDL for the emp table in oracle CREATE TABLE "SCOTT"."EMP" ("EMPNO" NUMBER(4) NOT NULL, "ENAME" VARCHAR2(10 byte), "JOB" VARCHAR2(9 byte), "MGR" NUMBER(4), "HIREDATE" DATE, "SAL" NUMBER(7, 2), "COMM" NUMBER(7, 2), "DEPTNO" NUMBER(2), CONSTRAINT ...

How do you know the last date/time update stats is run on a table?
regards, Abel The nitty-gritty is in sysstatistics. An SP that generates the output below is my sp_newstats proc in the dba.sql file at http://www.bossconsulting.com/sybase_dba/ However you better read the Installation Guide first since other procs also have to be loaded. A quicker way would be to use the code and strip off the execution of sp_date, etc. that prettyprints the dates. sp_newstats CURRENT DATE/TIME -------------------------------- May 6, 2001 (08:40:53 AM) THERE ARE 48 STATISTICS ROWS FOR 9 SYSTEM TABLES IN systatistics. THERE ARE 4...

Update problem when updating all rows of a table
Hi, I have an application where I'm filling a dataset with values from a table. This table has no primary key. Then I iterate through each row of the dataset and I compute the value of one of the columns and then update that value in the dataset row. The problem I'm having is that when the database gets updated by the SqlDataAdapter.Update() method, the same value shows up under that column for all rows. I think my Update Command is not correct since I'm not specifying a where clause and hence it is using just the value lastly computed in the dataset to update the entire database....

Problem when update table linked to other table
I can use Gridview or Formview to update a single table with no relationship with other tables in a MS Access Database format. However, when I set up a relationship of the table with other tables, there would be a problem. When edit or insert data, there would be exception .... (note: Ok if executed in Visual Web Dev., but not OK if executed in IIS). Just edit the table without changing any pri key / foreign key also cause the exception ..... Any idea how to solve it? Thanks.   Hey, What's the specific exception though?Brian"Trust in the Lord and do what is good; dwell...

tables? how many table should i use for one data.mdf ? 150 tables? is it a problem ? or they run good ?
hello friends tables? how many table should i use for one data.mdf ? 150 tables? is it a problem ? or they run good ? per table can has 40 almost coulumname cheersMark as me if my question or my answer can be helpful for you :) oguzkaygun:tables? how many table should i use for one data.mdf ? It all depends on your application and its requirements, but as much as you need to get it done correctly, taking into consideration normalisation and other database design principles. oguzkaygun:150 tables? is it a problem ? or they run good ? per table can has 40 almost coulumname No...

updating Oracle date column without update time
Hello, I have an oracle table with a Date column. When I do a DW update(), the generated update is as follow : update table set date_maj = to_date('15-09-2000 15:09:14','DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') But I don't want the TIME to be updated, I'd like a format like : to_date('15-09-2000 00:00:00','DD-MM-YYYY HH24:MI:SS') where the time is set to midnight, wich is the Oracle default for date columns when you don't want to treat with time. I'm using 7.02 build 8046, and I think the behaviour in previous versions was not the same. ...

ORACLE NEWBIE PROBLEMS: ORACLE DOES NOT RECOGNIZE AN EXISTING TABLE!
Hi, my first experience with Oracle: First, I connect to the database and get all table names: opened Oracle with MYDUMMY1 ...... table :PATIENTS ..... dbh=DBI::db=HASH(0x1756dc) then try to do a SELECT FROM that table and get: DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 14 in 'SELECT * FROM <*>PATIENTS') [for Statement "SELECT * FROM PATIENTS"] at alarmtst.pl line 20. DBD::Oracle::db prepare failed: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist (DBD ERROR: error pos...

Update only changes made in the SQL Table to Oracle Table
- I need to Update changes made in the SQL Table to Oracle Table. I am using Update Trigger along with Linked Server Concept. Here I need the Query which will update only the columns which underwent changes.I have used the command                 IF (SUBSTRING (COLUMNS_UPDATED (), 1, 1)) > 0                                     &...

Problems using Oracle Proxy Tables in queries to ASA tables
I have created a remote server to an oracle database from a asa9 database. Using Powerbuilder10 to create a query joining a table from the oracle proxy table to a asa table does not work. Are there any parameters that should be modifed that anyone is aware of in either ASA or Powerbuilder Can you be more specific than "does not work"? What error do you get? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer ...

Problem with SQL Update/Insert Proc in a Gridview
Hi,I am using SQL 2005 and ASP.Net 2.0 with C# code behind and I am stuck.  What I am doing:I have a gridview that calls information from several tables to display user details - guid, first name, last name, phone number, etc.  Then I inserted an 'edit' command button which calls a stored proc that runs an update transaction on the tables.  The proc is linked (I don't know the correct term) through an object data source tied to a dataset that has a method that calls the proc.  I use this proc in another location and it works fine.The problem:When I create a ne...

Web resources about - Oracle, problem updating a table in run-time only. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Wikipedia:Updating information - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page documents an English Wikipedia editing guideline . It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though ...

Facebook Updating Software Development Kit For Apple IOS 6 To Reflect Integration
With Facebook integration officially coming to Apple’s iOS 6 mobile operating system for its iPhone and iPad tablet, what new features are in ...

Updating how Cost per Click is Measured on Facebook
To help advertisers better understand how their ads perform, we're updating the definition of cost per click on Facebook. Learn what the change ...

Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know
Updating Your App for iOS 9: What You Need to Know

Facebook for iPhone 3.0 to Include Page Updating
... who want to more easily update their Facebook Pages on the go: Facebook for iPhone 3.0 , which should be released soon, will include Page updating, ...

Updating trends on mobile
Trends are a great way to find out what people are talking about on Twitter at a given moment and at a single glance. Starting today, we’re making ...

Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store on iTunes
Get Delhi Metro Fare Calculator and Auto-Updating Map on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

BlackBerry Bold 9000 Updating #2 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore berrytokyo's photos on Flickr. berrytokyo has uploaded 126 photos to Flickr.

LOOT v0.7.0 for Mod Organizer: Updating and Installation - YouTube
A new version of LOOT (Load Order Optimisation Tool) has been released with some major upgrades. This video tutorial shows how to upgrade and ...

Updating Emma: Jane Austen's classic joins list of literary reworks
Jane Austen published six novels. Just six. She died before she completed the seventh.