Oracle Client 8.1.7 - PB 5.X, PB 6.5, PB 7.0

Hi all,
I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle
sql*net for different versions of Power Builder.
We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder:
5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047
All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native
Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the person
in charge of the PB part tested this combination  and decided to upgrade
the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working
properly for us.
Now, if it is decided to move to oracle client 8.1.7, could we just copy
the pbor870.dll that we have on the Dll's directory for the PB Application
7.0.10047 on the Dll's directory for the PB Applications 5.X and 6.5.X or
we need something else, or it is categorically not recommended to try to
use oracle client 8.1.7 with PB 5.x and 6.5.x?
Anyone has got good and/or bad results and wouldn't mind to share the hints
and tips?
MAny thanks in advance.
Regards,
Concha Merino
0
Concha

For PB7 you would use: pbo8470.dll (O84) or pbo7370.dll (O73)
For PB6 you would use: pbo8460.dll (O84) or pbo7360.dll (O73).  You would
have to upgrade to EBF 1299 to get a proper functioning O84 driver.
For PB5 you would use: pbo7350.dll (O73)
--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Concha Merino" <Concepcion.MerinoCaminero@emea.eu.int> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I have a question about compatibility between PB native driver and oracle
> sql*net for different versions of Power Builder.
> We have 3 applications developed in 3 different versions of Power Builder:
> 5.00.0.0, 6.5.1.620 and 7.0.10047
> All of them are using the Oracle Client 8.1.6 and accessing via PB Native
> Driver to Oracle. Although this is combination is not supported, the
person
> in charge of the PB part tested this combination  and decided to upgrade
> the oracle client from version 7.3.X to 8.1.6. So far it is working
> properly for us.
> Now, if it is decided to move to oracle client 8.1.7, could we just copy
> the pbor870.dll that we have on the Dll's directory for the PB Application
> 7.0.10047 on the Dll's directory for the PB Applications 5.X and 6.5.X or
> we need something else, or it is categorically not recommended to try to
> use oracle client 8.1.7 with PB 5.x and 6.5.x?
> Anyone has got good and/or bad results and wouldn't mind to share the
hints
> and tips?
> MAny thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Concha Merino

0
Terry

Solaris 8, Perl 5.8.7, DBI 1.5.1, DBD::Oracle 1.18a, Instant Client (basic) 10.2.0.2 and NLS settings
Some advice please... I am trying to build/package a perl module where I do not have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH before use (there can be a number of oracle installations on the machines I want it for and cannot generically set it in case I break something else, and cannot use those installs since I cannot guarantee any oracle version being installed across the machines), and want minimal hassle in setting it up for use. I have done this so far by building DBD::Oracle with: perl Makefile.PL LIBS="-L/usr/local/oracle -lclntsh -lnnz10" PREFIX=/usr/local/oracle (previou...

Oracle Client 8.1.5 and Powerbuilder 7.0.1
My application works fine in Powerbuilder 7.0.1 development with Oracle Client 8.1.5. However, after building the new executables and pbds, application fails during runtime when trying to connect to database using the user-defined transaction object. Is there any new drivers or dlls that I need to properly run with Oracle Client 8.1.5? If there is, where can I get it? Also, is there any issue that I should pay attention to when working with Oracle 8.1.5 (8i) and Powerbuilder 7? I am currently using the Oracle 8.0.4 driver (pbo8470.dll). Is net8 configured correctly on the clie...

Smoke [5.13.6] v5.13.6-97-g422d053 FAIL(M) cygwin_nt-5.1 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) (x86/2 cpu)
Automated smoke report for 5.13.6 patch 422d053b400e15f0154beccd0cbcd57e26d0a23a v5.13.6-97-g422d053 philips: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz(~1663 MHz) (x86/2 cpu) on cygwin_nt-5.1 - 1.7.7(0.230/5/3) using gcc version 4.3.4 20090804 (release) 1 smoketime 30 minutes 5 seconds (average 30 minutes 5 seconds) Summary: FAIL(M) O = OK F = Failure(s), extended report at the bottom X = Failure(s) under TEST but not under harness ? = still running or test results not (yet) available Build failures during: - = unknown or N/A c = Configure, m = make, M = ...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729
Name: Patrick Email: plakt97312atmsndotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729 Comments: Firefox 3.5.7 running on HP Laptop hp G60, with Vista. When opening various websites, Firefox has functionality problems, specifically the minimize, size window, or close buttons in the upper left corner do not work. The scroll bar still works. Also, if I go to a website (i.e. Hotels.com AAA.com, etc.) and use a calendar at the site to select a date, Firefox freezes some of the time and...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Name: hajori Email: hajoriataondotat Product: Firefox Summary: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) Comments: (Deutsch) Seit den Update braucht Firefox 5 Minuten um eine neue Seite zu laden das kann doch nicht normal sein ?????????? Oder ? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; de; rv:1.9.1.7) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 GTB6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wis...

EAServer 5.3.0, Oracle 8.1.7 Database with Oracle 10.1.0.2 client VARCHAR2(4000) problem
Hello! I'm having some problems in this configuration on Windows XP. I am developing websites on an Oracle database (8.1.7), with EAServer 5.3.0 (build 53016), Java objects using JSP as a front end. Here is my problem, I have a table with 2 VARCHAR2(4000), and when I access the webpage, the they are displayed as '?????????????'. If I debug the PB component, when I affect the DW field to a variable, it displays it as it doesn't "understand" a thing (each character is replaced by a square). The codeset of EAServer is UTF8, and on my client, it is AM...

Migration from 6.0 -> 6.5 (EDIR 8.7.1
Hi All: I've prepared a new box as a NW6.5 "pre-migration" server according to the specs for such. Am going to use Migration Wizard 7.1 to bring my old NW6.0 over (Master Replication, SLPDA, CA). Forgive my ignorance but if the source server's version of EDirectory is 8.7.1 and the destination server's version is 8.7.3 which version will I end up with after the migration? Should I upgrade EDirectory on the source sever before the migration? TIA Greg You will end up with 8.7.3, no need to upgrade eDir first. If this is your first 6.5 server in the...

Migration from 6.0 -> 6.5 (EDIR 8.7.1
Hi All: I've prepared a new box as a NW6.5 "pre-migration" server according to the specs for such. Am going to use Migration Wizard 7.1 to bring my old NW6.0 over (Master Replication, SLPDA, CA). Forgive my ignorance but if the source server's version of EDirectory is 8.7.1 and the destination server's version is 8.7.3 which version will I end up with after the migration? Should I upgrade EDirectory on the source sever before the migration? TIA Greg Sorry wrong forum On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:24:53 GMT, Greg Young <N0_Spam_Greg.Young@Xtc4...

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

stalled or no download: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transfering and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", suprisingly because the status shows transfering, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are alredy checked. May be anybody has a hint? Ber...

stalled transfer Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.8.0.3) Gecko/20060425 SUSE/1.5.0.3-7 Firefox/1.5.0.3
I experience stalled or no download of all (not only specific web-sites) using firefox while another browser "Konquereor" is working normally. Firefox is looking up.. connecting... transferring and then stalled sometimes I get the message "I cant find the server", surprisingly because the status shows transferring, or a login window for the router shows up what has not been seen with the other web browser. A second Linux PC in the network is working as supposed, the router is wide open... connection settings are already checked. May be anybody has a hint? ...

selecting ? selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9. go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6
hello friends selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4.(sometime even 5., 6.) is slow (1-3 second) then selecting of 7.,8.,9.(sometimes 5., 6.,) go on is so fast (0.1 second or more fast).. how can i get fast for selecting of 1., 2. , 3., 4., 5., 6. is slow ?? recordcount is almost 1.050.000.. i do selecting 1.2.3. go on same page with treeview1.. treeview1 in masterpage.master.. gridview1 and datasource1 are in pagelist.aspx (it connets datasource1)..productnumber is primarykey for index.. kategori, kategori1 and kategori2, price, datemin are index from keys/index in table1 (right clicking menu)....

DBD-Oracle/Solaris 7 Intel/Perl 5.6.0/Oracle 8.1.6 solution
I'm new to this list - I just wanted to share the solution to a problem I encountered. I am using Solaris 7, perl 5.6.0, Oracle 8.1.6, DBI 1.14, and DBD-Oracle 1.06. The problem I had was that perl scripts would core dump upon disconnecting from Oracle. dbish did this along with our scripts. Everything on this system was built with defaults, except for DBD-Oracle... perl Makefile.PL -p works for me, otherwise DBD-Oracle can't find libclntsh.so. The solution to the problem was suggested by another list user to solve a Solaris 8 problem. I forgot who it was - but than...

Build recipe -- HPUX 11.0, Oracle 8.1.7.2 64-bit, perl-5.8.0, DBD -Oracle-1.12
Hi, I spent some considerable time attempting to get DBD::Oracle working and wanted to share the solution in hopes of helping fellow travelers. Here are the details of the environment: HPUX 11.0 Oracle 8.1.7.2 64-bit perl-5.8.0 DBI-1.30 DBD-Oracle-1.12 Using the following HP ANSI C compiler per swlist: B3901BA B.11.02.04 HP C/ANSI C Developer's Bundle for HP-UX 11.00 (S800) Build procedure: * Build Perl taking the defaults except for: * Add "-lcl -lpthread " at the begging of the list in response to the question "What...

6.5.7 client upgrade to 7.0.1
After upgrading a 6.5.7 client to 7.0.1, every time we try to open up a message, it automatically closes the GroupWise application. It does that only on one particular workstation. If I login on another workstation with the same account, everything is fine... Anybody knows what could be the problem? Thanks. Yann Laplante wrote: > After upgrading a 6.5.7 client to 7.0.1, every time we try to open up a > message, it automatically closes the GroupWise application. It does that > only on one particular workstation. If I login on another workstation with > the same account...

Web resources about - Oracle Client 8.1.7 - PB 5.X, PB 6.5, PB 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

News Oracle
The News Oracle is an online news outlet. The Oracle covers the most relevant stories from around the globe.

Oracle Acquires Facebook Data Partner Datalogix
One of Facebook’s data partners has a new owner, as Datalogix was acquired by Oracle , the two companies announced Tuesday. (more…) New Career ...

Oracle settles with FTC over Java’s “deceptive” security patching
Way to go, Oracle. (credit: Oracle PR) Oracle received a public slap on the wrist from the Federal Trade Commission over Java SE, the desktop ...

Oracle: Morgan Stanley Cuts Target as Cloud Eats into Their Margin
Morgan Stanley ’s Keith Weiss this morning reiterates an Equal Weight rating on shares of Oracle ( ORCL ) following last week’s fiscal Q2 earnings ...

Oracle agrees to warn Java users of malware risk
Oracle is about to issue a warning that Java users could be exposed to malware, the media have reported on Tuesday. The exposure is the result ...

The FTC says Oracle 'deceived consumers' and left software on 850 million PCs vulnerable to hackers
The FTC just issued a press release that took Oracle to task for what it says is the company's role in leaving up to 850 million PCs susceptible ...

Regulators Accuse Oracle Of Deceiving Customers About Security Of Java Updates
The owners of more than 850 million personal computers using Oracle’s Java Platform Standard Edition were misled about the security of their ...

Oracle settles charges that it misled you on Java security
Oracle's Java software is known for creating its share of headaches, but security is arguably the biggest. For one thing, upgrading to the latest ...